The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 06.11.14 6:44

Ladyinred wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What I want to know is WHO ARE THE SIX CIVILIANS  being drafted onto Operation Grange? Overall numbers of the team to remain the same.

But WHO ARE THEY? And what is their "expertise"?

Exactly what I was thinking.  Civilians could include specialists such scientists, analysists and forensics.

Or photo analysts, behavioural psychologists, experts in analysing phone data - who knows, but hope they are gutsy enough to look at ALL the evidence

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by aiyoyo on 06.11.14 6:53

@sharonl wrote:I am not sure what to make of all of this

10 suspects - to be made arguidos?  Is that something that the Portuguese have done to protect these people? Giving them the right to remain silent?

Ocean club workers - Nannies? Or cleaners turned burglars?

British and Portuguese people - Expats? Regular visitors to PDL?  We know plenty of them

Or is there another list of witnesses that the McCanns want interviewed?


It is indeed bit odd to have so many suspects or witnesses (depending which papers/authority termed it) still to be interviewed at this late stage.

The people of interest seem to be increasing instead of reducing and most peculiarly seem to consist of different variety of people. The previous batch is not same as this batch. They seem to have endless different batch of people to interview. At this late stage one expects the process to be one of elimination to narrow do it down to a particular person or two. Instead we are told they are widening the net and not closing in the net. Unless they are tying up loose ends. That said, it seems rather late and a rather number involved to be tying up loose ends.





aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by aiyoyo on 06.11.14 6:57

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What I want to know is WHO ARE THE SIX CIVILIANS  being drafted onto Operation Grange? Overall numbers of the team to remain the same.

But WHO ARE THEY? And what is their "expertise"?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-scotland-yard-cuts-4576868

Edited to add link to article stating Civilians joining the team

Can only suppose these 6 are somehow associated to the Police Force. Either that, or civilians with certain expertise areas, such as forensics analysis experts would come under the category of civilians I would imagine. It may mean police investigative work is downsized but forensics work is upsized.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 06.11.14 7:03

@aiyoyo wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What I want to know is WHO ARE THE SIX CIVILIANS  being drafted onto Operation Grange? Overall numbers of the team to remain the same.

But WHO ARE THEY? And what is their "expertise"?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-scotland-yard-cuts-4576868

Edited to add link to article stating Civilians joining the team

Can only suppose these 6 are somehow associated to the Police Force. Either that, or civilians with certain expertise areas, such as forensics analysis experts would come under the category of civilians I would imagine.  It may mean police investigative work is downsized but forensics work is upsized.

I seriously hope Jim Gamble, M W-T or any of that lot are NOT amongst the number

____________________
The truth will out.

Smokeandmirrors
Moderator

Posts : 2428
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by aiyoyo on 06.11.14 7:10

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:
@aiyoyo wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What I want to know is WHO ARE THE SIX CIVILIANS  being drafted onto Operation Grange? Overall numbers of the team to remain the same.

But WHO ARE THEY? And what is their "expertise"?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-scotland-yard-cuts-4576868

Edited to add link to article stating Civilians joining the team

Can only suppose these 6 are somehow associated to the Police Force. Either that, or civilians with certain expertise areas, such as forensics analysis experts would come under the category of civilians I would imagine.  It may mean police investigative work is downsized but forensics work is upsized.

I seriously hope Jim Gamble, M W-T or any of that lot are NOT amongst the number

No way! JG can't be categorised as civilian. Besides that big mouth would have tweeted if he was invited to join the team.

No way in a million years (IMO) would police include a self portrayed half baked M W hyphenated T(wat) to join the team.

aiyoyo

Posts : 9611
Reputation : 318
Join date : 2009-11-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by stillsloppingout on 06.11.14 11:12

Ive just been on the new forum  the 2,000,000,9999 aguidos big grin


It is an exit strategy now , the McCanns are being groomed for prime time TV . and it does not matter if an ex cop blabs , or whoever blabs , unless they have concrete proof re the whole strategy nobody will believe it .

Get the Nannies in Get Murat in yes . Murat his silence , troubles me . Then co-ordinated raids at the tapas groups houses , inc the McCanns , separate interviews under caution . but as Gerry said ' You have Nothing , Find the body prove we did it .

If i was Redwood and i was reading this, i would be ashamed , embarrassed , outwitted by a bruiser , from Glasgow . he has done you all over, and he is laughing at you all . aided and abetted by his wife .AKA  silent witness .

Its not a game, a life has been lost ,but they have played a good game ,playing the media written and [ in its infancy social ] against each other , set up funds which in turn helped them hire out of there league counsel , its the future of crime .  

The Police / we should be worried as no person with money [ which gives you options ] need ever be convicted again .It was always that way to an extent but this case seals it .

stillsloppingout

Posts : 489
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : N WEST ENGLAND

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by fred c dobbs on 06.11.14 11:20

@stillsloppingout wrote:Ive just been on the new forum  the 2,000,000,9999 aguidos big grin


It is an exit strategy now , the McCanns are being groomed for prime time TV . and it does not matter if an ex cop blabs , or whoever blabs , unless they have concrete proof re the whole strategy nobody will believe it .

Get the Nannies in Get Murat in yes . Murat his silence , troubles me . Then co-ordinated raids at the tapas groups houses , inc the McCanns , separate interviews under caution . but as Gerry said ' You have Nothing , Find the body prove we did it .

If i was Redwood and i was reading this, i would be ashamed , embarrassed , outwitted by a bruiser , from Glasgow . he has done you all over, and he is laughing at you all . aided and abetted by his wife .AKA  silent witness .

Its not a game, a life has been lost ,but they have played a good game ,playing the media written and [ in its infancy social ] against each other , set up funds which in turn helped them hire out of there league counsel , its the future of crime .  

The Police / we should be worried as no person with money [ which gives you options ] need ever be convicted again .It was always that way to an extent but this case seals it .
agree goodpost

fred c dobbs

Posts : 43
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-07-12
Age : 64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by HelenMeg on 06.11.14 11:33

@MRNOODLES wrote:It's either one or the other innit.

Checkmate or Sorry folks we've spent £10m on a pot of white paint.
big grin

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by HelenMeg on 06.11.14 11:36

Ladyinred wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What I want to know is WHO ARE THE SIX CIVILIANS  being drafted onto Operation Grange? Overall numbers of the team to remain the same.

But WHO ARE THEY? And what is their "expertise"?

Exactly what I was thinking.  Civilians could include specialists such scientists, analysists and forensics.
Yes .. exactly

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by HelenMeg on 06.11.14 11:39

I see this as optimistic.  They no longer require all the team members  - no more searching on the ground etc.  This is a natural shift in resource - now focusing purely on forensics .

HelenMeg

Posts : 1782
Reputation : 192
Join date : 2014-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by aquila on 06.11.14 11:43

Remember, Jim Gamble believes this case will be solved in his lifetime.

I'm about the same age as Jim Gamble (I'm far prettier and have more hair titter ) and whilst there is a breath left in my body I shall always question this man's support of the McCanns when his support of course should be to Madeleine and the investigation into her disappearance.

As a professional, an ex very senior police officer, oughtn't JG know better than to use Madeleine McCann to further his media profile?

It's so very strange how much allegiance is given to the parents of Madeleine and yet I see no obvious allegiance given to her life, her alleged neglect and her disappearance.

ETA: to make this relevant to the topic title - I'm still waging this is a big whitewash - otherwise why wouldn't someone in SY told JG to stfu.

aquila

Posts : 7952
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by stillsloppingout on 06.11.14 11:44

@HelenMeg wrote:
Ladyinred wrote:
@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What I want to know is WHO ARE THE SIX CIVILIANS  being drafted onto Operation Grange? Overall numbers of the team to remain the same.

But WHO ARE THEY? And what is their "expertise"?

Exactly what I was thinking.  Civilians could include specialists such scientists, analysists and forensics.
Yes .. exactly

Six civillians  let me think ...The Jackson 5 .... no there are only five , the Nolan sisters .... the Birmingham 6 no would be too ironic !!  . one will be a photographer thats for sure . Six is just a number plucked from thin air , it sound grand . four is a group six means business . more Boll**ks imo .

stillsloppingout

Posts : 489
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : N WEST ENGLAND

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by whatsupdoc on 06.11.14 11:45

AIYOYO Had to laugh... big grin

stillsloppingout good one on the Arguidos but more work needed on the maths lol Over the years people have noticed that the British justice system can be found wanting on many occassions with the judge stating "Narrowly avoiding a custodial sentence" when the offender has a Get out of jail free card OR not even getting arrested!

IMO the PJ came to the right answer backed up with obvious staging, non-damaged shutters, dogs etc etc mccanns not helping /searching but hell-bent on raising money.

The UK approach was to protect the mccanns and interviw the rest of the World instead of the people who were in 5A on 3/5/2007. At some point in the future , could we all be expected to be called in to be interviewed?

I think Madeleine died at the w/e else when was the floor bleached clean and by whom....not enough time on the Thursday evening unless one of the other tapas members did it? The smell would have been too much for young children or anyone for that matter.

The govt may want an end to the affair b4 the GE but it is not going to go away without the truth being made public.

whatsupdoc

Posts : 527
Reputation : 264
Join date : 2011-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Stillthinking on 06.11.14 12:00

@whatsupdoc wrote:AIYOYO  Had to laugh...  big grin

stillsloppingout  good one on the Arguidos but more work needed on the maths  lol    Over the years people have noticed that the British justice system can be found wanting on many occassions with the judge stating "Narrowly avoiding a custodial sentence" when the offender has a Get out of jail free card OR not even getting arrested!

IMO the PJ came to the right answer backed up with obvious staging, non-damaged shutters, dogs etc etc mccanns not helping /searching but hell-bent on raising money.

The UK approach was to protect the mccanns and interviw the rest of the World instead of the people who were in 5A on 3/5/2007. At some point in the future , could we all be expected to be called in to be interviewed?

I think Madeleine died at the w/e else when was the floor bleached clean and by whom....not enough time on the Thursday evening unless one of the other tapas members did it? The smell would have been too much for young children or anyone for that matter.

The govt may want an end to the affair b4 the GE but it is not going to go away without the truth being made public.

 Was it ever proven the floor had been bleached since they'd arrived or since the last time the cleaner has cleaned the floor ? 

Also if you did want to bleach a certain area, there's no need to do the whole floor and a small area dries quite quickly .

Stillthinking

Posts : 151
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Doug D on 06.11.14 13:28

Six 'clerical staff' to catalogue & archive all of the boxes?

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by PeterMac on 06.11.14 16:35

@Doug D wrote:Six 'clerical staff' to catalogue & archive all of the boxes?

Or work the shredder ?

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Woofer on 06.11.14 18:23

@Doug D wrote:Six 'clerical staff' to catalogue & archive all of the boxes?

ooo don`t, just don`t   pray2

Surely they can`t be winding down if they`re just about to interview 10 more people, some of them arguidos.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by roy rovers on 06.11.14 23:58

@HelenMeg wrote:I see this as optimistic.  They no longer require all the team members  - no more searching on the ground etc.  This is a natural shift in resource - now focusing purely on forensics .

It certainly could be that. Why call them 'civilians' when there will already be 'civilians' in the form of admin staff who don't need to be identified as such. Sounds like 'civilian' specialists to me. Since they are not reducing the overall team size it's not over IMHO.

roy rovers

Posts : 465
Reputation : 39
Join date : 2012-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Fuseli on 07.11.14 6:07

Maybe the 'scaling back of the investigation' is just the spin they are putting on it.

Perhaps 6 of the detectives have some professional pride and have just point blank refused to go on with the nonsense of interviewing random people , and have proposed following the actual evidence instead .

Likely it would be made clear to them that if they are not going to help find 'the abductor' they are not needed anymore .

Fuseli

Posts : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Stillthinking on 07.11.14 11:38

@Fuseli wrote:Maybe the 'scaling back of the investigation' is just the spin they are putting on it.

Perhaps 6 of the detectives have some professional pride and have just point blank refused to go on with the nonsense of interviewing random people , and have proposed following the actual evidence instead .

Likely it would be made clear to them that if they are not going to help find 'the abductor' they are not needed anymore .


If that were the case, they would just replace them with other detectives rather than civilians.

Stillthinking

Posts : 151
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-09-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Doug D on 10.01.15 11:57

Grange team is now down to 34 according to this Met Police FOI disclosures response for week ended 21st December 2014, which has just been posted up.
(No info. on who made this request)
 
 
Freedom of Information Request Reference No:
 
I note you seek access to the following information:
 
1. Could you provide the total amount paid to the Portuguese authorities in Operation Grange, to date.
 
2. What are the staff numbers for Operation Grange, broken down to Police and civilian elements.
 
3. What are the numbers predicted for 2015.
 
4. Will they be based In Belgravia ongoing.
 
Decision
 
Question 1 - Could you provide the total amount paid to the Portuguese authorities in Operation Grange, to date
The MPS has not made any payments to the Portuguese authorities.
 
Question 2 - What are the staff numbers for Operation Grange, broken down to Police and civilian elements
The MPS has allocated one Major Investigation Team (MIT) to this role.
MIT 5 currently consists of the following:
01 x Detective Chief Inspector
02 x Detective Inspectors
03 x Detective Sergeants
15 x Detective Constables
09 x Police Support Staff (1 of which has murder review experience)
04 x Agency Staff (All are ex police officers)
 
Question 3 - What are the numbers predicted for 2015 and Question 4 - Will they be based in Belgravia ongoing.
Staff numbers for Operation Grange can vary according to the normal turnover of staff in any organisation. The MIT 5 team is based at Belgravia Police Station, and currently, the MPS has no intention to amend staff numbers or move location.
 
Specialist Crime & Operations
 
…………………………..
 
Question 1 was quite possibly wrongly worded as funding seems to have been coming directly from the Home Office rather than the Met.
 
I can’t find the previous list of the Grange team to compare the changes in make-up with, but it is interesting that they have responded with the information (which was not even asked for!) that one of the support staff has ‘murder review experience’.
 
I just hope that Redwood hasn’t picked up a new job for himself following his retirement as one of the agency staff  - ‘all are ex police officers’!

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by plebgate on 10.01.15 15:31

Snipped from Doug D's post:


Question 2 - What are the staff numbers for Operation Grange, broken down to Police and civilian elements
The MPS has allocated one Major Investigation Team (MIT) to this role. "


A Major investigation team.

Many have posted that MIT =  Murder investigation team.  


Subtlely pointing out that they were wrong?

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by Doug D on 10.01.15 15:52

To my knowledge it has always been a ‘Major Investigation Team’ (not ‘Murder’) although people have often referred to it as such.
 
However the:
 
09 x Police Support Staff (1 of which has murder review experience)
 
is the interesting bit to my mind, especially when they are providing additional information in a FoI request which wasn’t even asked for.

Doug D

Posts : 2146
Reputation : 635
Join date : 2013-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann: Scotland Yard cuts number of detectives working on the case

Post by plebgate on 10.01.15 15:57

Good point Doug D and yes, it is interesting.

Thanks for info. re:  MIT.   didn't know it usually stood for Major Investigation Team.

plebgate

Posts : 5440
Reputation : 1155
Join date : 2013-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum