The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Blogging And Mental Health

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blogging And Mental Health

Post by sallypelt on 03.11.14 11:10

People asked to blog about their mental health illness

1 November 2014 Last updated at 08:36 GMT

People with mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety or schizophrenia are being asked to write about their lives online.
The idea is that the blogs will make it easier for others to spot the signs of mental illness.
One in four people in England will suffer from a mental health issue in any given year.
Leah Boleto reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29861510

One has only to read a few people's Twitter posts, as it's blatantly obvious that some are in need of urgent medical attention.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blogging And Mental Health

Post by stillsloppingout on 03.11.14 11:29

Its a serious issue . one in five of us will experience some sort of mental illness .

Today that figure is rising especially in the young  because of the sense of entitlement and Narcissistic , nature ingrained into people ,firstly via the schooling systems , that concluded that nobody is a failure ,[ nobody is, but some people are not suited for academic life ]  but by doing that has given people who are not academic, too much hope , whereas they should have being learning trades , they went off to UNI and gained in many cases a worthless piece of paper .
Now kids in there 20s are on the scrapheap .

Secondly the X factor culture , ditto the above, but this time  thinking they are going to be the next big thing . and the reality that they are NOT .

Thirdly sudden life changes divorce , bereavement  etc.

Terrible illness depression , Mental illness . it robs you of everything .

But in reply to the original poster , people who post bile are usually attention seekers , i watched a programme last night about Mystic Debunker James Randi . a quote stood out , He was referring to a Fake Faith healer who he had exposed Live on the Johnny casson show . Weeks later this same " fraud "  was back up and running again raking in Millions  . the quote explains why many people support the McCann's .i will highlight the quote " PEOPLE WOULD RATHER BELIEVE A LIE , THAN ACKNOWLEDGE AN UNPALATABLE TRUTH . "

That is the reason IMO for the love fest .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.11.14 11:32

@stillsloppingout wrote:Its a serious issue . one in five of us will experience some sort of mental illness .

Today that figure is rising especially in the young  because of the sense of entitlement and Narcissistic , nature ingrained into people ,firstly via the schooling systems , that concluded that nobody is a failure ,[ nobody is, but some people are not suited for academic life ]  but by doing that has given people who are not academic, too much hope , whereas they should have being learning trades , they went off to UNI and gained in many cases a worthless piece of paper .
Now kids in there 20s are on the scrapheap .

Secondly the X factor culture , ditto the above, but this time  thinking they are going to be the next big thing . and the reality that they are NOT .

Thirdly sudden life changes divorce , bereavement  etc.

Terrible illness depression , Mental illness . it robs you of everything .

But in reply to the original poster , people who post bile are usually attention seekers , i watched a programme last night about Mystic Debunker James Randi . a quote stood out , He was referring to a Fake Faith healer who he had exposed Live on the Johnny casson show . Weeks later this same " fraud "  was back up and running again raking in Millions  . the quote explains why many people support the McCann's .i will highlight the quote " PEOPLE WOULD RATHER BELIEVE A LIE , THAN ACKNOWLEDGE AN UNPALATABLE TRUTH . "

That is the reason IMO for the love fest .
That's a really great post.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillthinking on 03.11.14 11:39

I can see the benefit for anxiety and depression sufferers but I think blogging could have a detrimental affect on those with mental health conditions that involve paranoia, if other paranoia sufferers are reinforcing their paranoid views.

Stillthinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 03.11.14 11:41

@Stillthinking wrote:I can see the benefit for anxiety and depression sufferers but I think blogging could have a detrimental affect on those with mental health conditions that involve paranoia, if other paranoia sufferers are reinforcing their paranoid views.
You could get a job as an associate with INEQE.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum