The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Madeleine as a little pumpkin

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Madeleine as a little pumpkin

Post by Guest on 02.11.14 14:40

@Atomic Peanut wrote:In this digital age, why is the quality of the pumpkin pic so bad? Even printing and scanning it wouldn't have that effect. It has the fuzziness of one of those old photos you find at the back of a cupboard in a large cardboard box. I wonder if the original jpeg could be issued for the sake of more clarity?

I've remarked on this retro vibe quality of their photographs before. They're also almost invariably tightly cropped and devoid of context.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atomic Peanut on 02.11.14 14:48

Context, yes CR - the tennis balls photo (which also lacks the sharpness of a digital camera) is actually a picture of a whacking great empty tennis court in which someone happens to be standing in the bottom corner

Atomic Peanut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.14 15:02

Too much background could give away the decade the photo was taken in?

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 02.11.14 15:38

@Hobs wrote:I am pretty sure the pumpkin photo has been seen before, also since when did we move halloween to feb?

another same ol' same ol'
Look. Hobs, if the McCanns say Halloween is in February, then it's in February, and you'll be branded a 'hater', doorstepped, sued and driven to your untimely death for saying otherwise. Get with the program!

In my opinion.

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 02.11.14 16:06

@NickE wrote:Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder if Maddie has existed at all. 
No DNA found in the apartment, questionable photographs, coloboma......no coloboma ....no medical records for the police......unt zu weiter..
IMO
I'm beginning to wonder if its all some hoax as well, but maybe that is what they want all the doubters to think? Maybe to the point that we all say screw it, can't be bothered anymore, getting too ridiculous, and the McCann believers will be ok. with that because it will make them feel like they have achieved silencing the rest of us. It's all weird, and always has been right from the start of this case. And i just keep thinking of all the players involved in this thing. Never heard of another case like this one that's for sure.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 02.11.14 16:07

@Brian Griffin wrote:
@Hobs wrote:I am pretty sure the pumpkin photo has been seen before, also since when did we move halloween to feb?

another same ol' same ol'
Look. Hobs, if the McCanns say Halloween is in February, then it's in February, and you'll be branded a 'hater', doorstepped, sued and driven to your untimely death for saying otherwise. Get with the program!

In my opinion.
LOL.

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 02.11.14 16:11

I agree the photos of Madeline all look odd. I don't think that is Madeleine in the pumpkin suit, something is off in that photo, and that child looks smaller than the girl in the other pics..

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 02.11.14 16:20

Wasn´t "the horse photo" taken in March-April 2007?
You can see the gap between the teeth without zooming the horse photo.
One of these is not Madeleine, that´s for sure.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02.11.14 16:32

@NickE wrote:
One of these is not Madeleine, that´s for sure.

It's the horse that's been 'shopped into the first one, no?

Seriously though, the first one is an example of a natural, believable family photo. I have lots similar. How the second one came into being.... who can say? It looks like the digital equivalent of a fourth generation photocopy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 02.11.14 17:01

That's not a horse! It's Kate, you fool.

The pumpkin photo's child seems to have uneven teeth (in length) too, although I'm not really bothered by all the fake photo claims. I don't see what goal they would have.

In my opinion.

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl on 02.11.14 17:55

Does anyone remember a cousin of roughly Madeleines' age in Canada? Just my opinion but I always wondered whether the Canadian school choir child was the cousin.

sharonl

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MissesWillYa on 02.11.14 18:09

Another crime-related site I read often has people using Ancestry.com to find relatives of missing people. I don't have a membership myself and I don't know whether it would even be helpful, but it probably wouldn't be difficult to confirm whether there really are relatives in Canada, and probably to learn their approximate ages too.

MissesWillYa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 02.11.14 18:16

@Marian wrote:The only known first cousins are Trish Cameron's much older son and John McCann's son and daughter, something like 4 and 7 years older than Madeleine.

Sharon, I've never heard of any young relatives in Canada.

The only one I do know of is Aunt Nora, Kate's father's sister. Possibly she has young grandchildren?

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melisande on 02.11.14 18:55

Ladyinred wrote:
@melisande wrote:Madeleine's smile in the pumpkin photo is so similar to the photo of Kate smiling in the Amsterdam photo.  Looks very much like her mother imo

Do you think it could be a photo of K?
In this day of photoshop anything is possible but the resemblance to her mother is very striking between these two photos imo

Eta I don't see what the reasoning would be to photoshop the pumpkin photo.

melisande

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 02.11.14 20:28

I think it's extremely unlikely that the pumpkin photo is anything other than Madeleine, and certainly not of Kate. Halloween has only taken off in a big way over the last few years in the UK. I doubt if they had pumpkin costumes when Kate was a child.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth on 02.11.14 21:01

The more I see the more puzzled I am.
Pumpkin Maddie in Feb? And the papers don' t question that? dontgetit

Is it a genuine photo or not? 

Why do none of the family or friends  ever question these photos? They would surely know if these released photos are genuine?  There are so many discussions about the truth of the released photos. Do any of the family ever say to k and g , Hey, hang on. I don' t remember that photo? Where was that taken? That doesn' t look like Madeleine? Have they ever questioned k and g ? If they have, have they been told to shut up?

WHY do they ALL keep quiet??  Possibly easier to shut up the family but neighbours? Mums from the school gate? HOW do you do that?  huh

WHY does NOBODY who knows them or lives near them EVER question them?

After all these years HOW do you shut EVERYONE up?

TellTheTruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 02.11.14 21:21

@TellTheTruth wrote:
Pumpkin Maddie in Feb? And the papers don' t question that?  

Why would they ?
In the Mitchell-inspired McUniverse, they operate using the McCalendar, where any month is interchangeable with any other month.
Where any time is interchangeable with any other time (13:29 can become 14:29 - just by saying so)
Where any date can become any other date (Sunday 29th April can become Thursday 3rd May - just by saying so)

And McFacts are also interchangeable, depending which 'version of the Truth" they, (and Carter-Ruck), decide the world is to accept - Today !
Broken and smashed shutters can become unbroken and a Red Herring - just by saying so
Wide open curtains can become tightly closed curtains - just by saying so
Entry by the front door, using a key, can become entry by an unlocked patio door - just by saying so
A calm and windless night can become a howling gale - just by saying so
A freezing cold night in which extra clothing is necessary for adults can become so hot that a child sleeps "on top of the bed", uncovered - just by saying so
A freezing cold, windy, and cloudy day can become hot, sticky and sweaty - just by saying so.

Please try to understand ! !
We are not moving in a normal Euclidian Universe.
There's law, Jim, but not as we know it.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth on 02.11.14 21:41

I know PM. A totally different world to the one I live in. I cannot understand how these lies and untruths have gone on for SO long.

Family (must) know  after 7 and a half years!! that what they were told was a bit fishy ,shall we say?

If neighbours of mine had gone on holiday and come back minus one, and the photos they were showing to the press didn't look like the child I remembered, I would make that known.

Better add IMO!

TellTheTruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by melisande on 02.11.14 22:13

@Miraflores wrote:I think it's extremely unlikely that the pumpkin photo is anything other than Madeleine, and certainly not of Kate. Halloween has only taken off in a big way over the last few years in the UK. I doubt if they had pumpkin costumes when Kate was a child.
Apologies as I think my post could have been written better.  What I was saying was that I could see the image of Kate in the photograph of Madeleine.  I think it is a genuine photo.   I don't see why it would need to be photoshopped but it seems anything can be photoshopped these days.

melisande

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 02.11.14 22:15

@PeterMac wrote:
@Atomic Peanut wrote:
However, I don't recall seeing any videos of her in PdL, which surprises me

What happened to the video camera sent to DC Martin in Hampshire ?

I mentioned this to my mate, Dave, in the ale house today.

'Ah yes, the video camera,' he said, then took a big gulp of crème de menthe. 'I reckon they were using that video camera to film all the hanky-panky and 'how's your father' that was going on between the tapas and the nannies and whoever else wuz there 'swinging like a barn door in a force 9 gale.'

I nearly choked on my Crabbie's with laughter. 'Of course,' I said, recovering my composure. 'You believe it was a big swinging holiday, don't you, Dave?'

'Oh yes, Gaggzy. All the signs are there, mate. I mean, that Jane Tanner even brought it in to her statement, trying to deny that they were all shagging each other. Why bother trying to deny it. She hadn't even been questioned about it .....'

Dave continued on the subject for at least ten minutes. He guzzled the remainder of his crème de menthe. I offered to buy him another but he refused, saying he'd had three pints of it already and it was time to go home for Sunday dinner, but he did agree to a large black Sambuca as a sort of 'night cap,' even though it was still the afternoon.

Well, DC Martin could answer the question about what was on the camera. Anyone fancy asking him? See if Dave is correct in his hypothesis.

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wahrheit on 02.11.14 23:10

@TellTheTruth wrote:
Might it have been a carnival costume? Unlikely, I know, but the timing would tally.

Wahrheit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 02.11.14 23:13

What carnival? The Rothley Vegetable Fiesta?

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Julchen on 03.11.14 8:35

@Wahrheit wrote:
@TellTheTruth wrote:
Might it have been a carnival costume? Unlikely, I know, but the timing would tally.
Hi Wahrheit,
are you German?
They don't have our German carnival over here, i.e. 6 weeks before Easter.
Carnival in GB takes place at any time of the year, preferably in summer or autumn.

An article in the great Bild-Zeitung states "Her last Halloween", no mentioning of "3 months earlier to her disappearance":
http://www.bild.de/news/ausland/maddie-mccann/madeleine-maddie-mccann-im-kostuem-ihr-letztes-halloween-38394362.bild.html

Julchen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noia on 03.11.14 9:03

This picture has been out there for years, why write never seen before? 
 I have also said that picture do not look like her at all... This picture is on multiple threads on here. 

Why all this lies ?

Noia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stillthinking on 03.11.14 10:49

@TellTheTruth wrote:The more I see the more puzzled I am.
Pumpkin Maddie in Feb? And the papers don' t question that? dontgetit

Is it a genuine photo or not? 

Why do none of the family or friends  ever question these photos? They would surely know if these released photos are genuine?  There are so many discussions about the truth of the released photos. Do any of the family ever say to k and g , Hey, hang on. I don' t remember that photo? Where was that taken? That doesn' t look like Madeleine? Have they ever questioned k and g ? If they have, have they been told to shut up?

WHY do they ALL keep quiet??  Possibly easier to shut up the family but neighbours? Mums from the school gate? HOW do you do that?  huh

WHY does NOBODY who knows them or lives near them EVER question them?

After all these years HOW do you shut EVERYONE up?
The obvious logical answer would be maybe the reason friends, family, nursery school teachers don't question is because the photos are genuine?

As for the timing maybe it WAS taken at Halloween or maybe like a lot of parents of toddlers, the McCanns had a dress up box with lots of outfits in so at any time the kids could dress up whenever they wanted. There's another pic/video of Madeleine in a Snow White outfit.

Stillthinking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum