The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) Mm11

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) Mm11

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) Regist10

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) Empty Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops)

Post by ufercoffy 02.06.10 14:37

The 'pro's' are positively frothing at the mouth with this posted by rosieplops - where on earth does she get her info? The crazy lawyer bloke perhaps?
Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) 566835

The brother of Goncalo Amaral, the former police chief coordinator dismissed in the Madeleine McCann investigation has sued him because of bad debts. Apart from that, Amaral has 1/3 of his salary monthly confiscated by the tax office, because of debts to the tax office. Also, his house of Olhaois has been confiscated by a Portuguese bank (BIC) because of debts of around 500 000 euros.

All this yet Goncalo Amaral and his wife Sofia of Portimao continue to "live like lords", apparently they manage to live without even paying a single cent of their own pockets! There are rumours rife that all his money is in some sort of offshore account or in another person's name.

Amaral also continues to drive around in a luxury Jaguar motor car after having all their assets connected to earnings from his book, TV & radio interviews, newspaper and magazine interviews and documentaries, frozen by the court. His book is still banned from sale and Amaral is due to face a libel trial soon brought by Kate and Gerry McCann, who are suing him for £1 million for defamation and libel. The ban placed on his book has now been upheld by the court of appeal three times.

Amaral also benefits from charity money collected for him which is intended for his defence trial and has been set up in a bank account under the name of Paulo Sargento.
Pensioners have been asked to donate their pensions and savings into the fund to pay to Amaral by Joana Morais a close "friend".

http://justice4mccannfam.forumotion.com/goncalo-amaral-wife-f55/goncalo-amaral-s-brother-sues-him-and-sofia-t2835.htm#36066

http://www.pfa2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5919&sid=ee33dc5b71a1186d3091c9ef8ff3533f
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) Empty Re: Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops)

Post by littlepixie 02.06.10 16:19

It must be narking some people that the McCanns finances are being discussed on various forums and whether they were greedy or skint to take mortgage payments out of the fund.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops) Empty Re: Goncarlo's brother sues him and Sofia - FACT! (according to rosiepops)

Post by justagrannynow 1 02.06.10 16:32

Let me get this straight.

One third of Gonçalo Amarals monthly salary goes to paying off debts at the tax office. He owes money to his brother and his house has been confiscated by the bank, yet he and his family are living like lords. Where are they living like lords if their house has been taken off them ? What monthly salary? I understood Gonçalo Amaral had left the police force, so where is he supposed to be working, and why on earth is he in this alleged financial predicament if he is awash with money in offshore accounts?

Now I do know for a fact that the car is second hand. It was repossessed from the first owner by the garage propietor, who happens to be a friend of Gonçalo Amaral, who offered it to him at a very reasonable price. Also, the last time I spoke personally to someone I know who is a neighbour of his, the family were all living in their house.

So which is it? Down and out, up to his eyeballs in debt, or living like lords with money in offshore accounts ?

Activity : 1110

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 02.06.10 16:45

littlepixie wrote:It must be narking some people that the McCanns finances are being discussed on various forums and whether they were greedy or skint to take mortgage payments out of the fund.

I have seen those discussions and have to admit that I have difficulty in understanding why the McCanns made two mortgage payments from the Fund if they were not short of money. I remember the newspaper headlines to the effect " We Are Broke" when they returned to the UK, and believed that that was indeed the case, but now, with the way the Fund has been manipulated to give the McCanns total control over it, I do wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02.06.10 18:23

If they were broke I wondered how Gerry managed to change his car!

It doesnt matter how broke they were there is no way they should have taken money for the mortgage which is totally deceiving the public imo, it was put out money was needed to search for Madeleine and we know from the accounts very little has been used for that purpose, to me that sounds like deception.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 03.06.10 7:38

Found this post by Ines on the MM forum. Apparently the McCanns had a mortgage of £323.493 with Northern Rock. Is this not rather high for a family with only one breadwinner and 3 children ?

http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/main-maddie-thread-latest-news-f1/gerry-mccann-and-credit-cards-t10860-45.htm

The house is subject to a mortgage for the amount of GBP 323.493 with
the Northern Rock bank.

You can compare
the translation with the PT original texts in either of these links.

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic491.html

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/MCCANNS_BACKGROUND.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ufercoffy 03.06.10 7:42

Wasn't Kate working when they took out this mortgage?
ufercoffy
ufercoffy

Activity : 2101

Back to top Go down

Post by justagrannynow 1 03.06.10 15:38

I don't know ufercoffy. To be honest, I have never paid much attention to these threads about the McCann finances. They have never seemed relevant to the disappearance of Madeleine as I have never thought that she was sold, or any of that speculative rubbish.
When the McCanns dipped into the Fund to pay their mortgage I truly believed they were strapped for cash, but as the case has gone on with more information being available about the Fund and how the way it was originally supervised has changed around to the point where Kate and Gerry McCann have sole control over it, the two items, ie, their income and the Fund seem intertwined.
Gerry complained way back about having all this money and not being able to use it for their legal bills, so he is unlikely to have any qualms about implementing the small print, which allows them to use it as they wish. Kate has swapped her part time job as a GP to work full time as a Director of the Fund, so all in all, their financial circumstances do seem to have perked up since Madeleine disappeared.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum