The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by ChippyM on 16.12.14 22:31

@Brian Griffin wrote:Nah. Not impressed by the ending. Shame!

i agree, very disappointing, unbelievable and dull.

It seems the writers decided on a scenario where a child died accidentally and was put in the boot of a car then was hidden. sounds like a certain police officers book!

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by joyce1938 on 16.12.14 22:41

I found this drama really unsettling, just left me with moat odd feeling . It did say in message at end that there maybe another part of it ,I can well imagine that seeing the last bit of father still looking for child ,and being carted off by police . not sure I can face anymore . joyce 1938

joyce1938

Posts : 805
Reputation : 86
Join date : 2010-04-20
Age : 77
Location : england

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by Brian Griffin on 16.12.14 23:12

@ChippyM wrote:
@Brian Griffin wrote:Nah. Not impressed by the ending. Shame!

i agree, very disappointing, unbelievable and dull.

It seems the writers decided on a scenario where a child died accidentally and was put in the boot of a car then was hidden. sounds like a certain police officers book!
I've been 'damaged' now and the 'Innocent McCann' angle is one I now suspect in anything to do with media, fictional or otherwise. Maybe true...may not be. But I'm always looking for an angle, and why shouldn't we? 'Free Boiler' - not free! There is always a catch.

The series was well acted and tittivating, but ultimately as boring as the current series of 'Homeland'.

Have I missed something, but what did the mother 'do' that interested the journalist? I might have missed it because I'm a binge watcher and hate doing week by week things.

I assume we're going to do the McCann comparison (and exoneration) stuff, so why don't I kick us off? Wedding scene, suddenly the very attractive (well, I think she is) mother uses profanity in her speech for no particular reason. Calling people 'F*cking tosser' is OK then?

In my opinion.

____________________
"Looking for Madeleine"? - Lying for the McCanns! (In my opinion)

Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by jeanmonroe on 16.12.14 23:26

NO 'abduction' by anyone, accident and death, COVER -UP by police chief, and, AND, at least 5 people KNOW Tony IS a KILLER (paedo on boat) and 'thug'. He's walking around 'free', COVERED UP, 'aided and abetted' by 2 BENT cops, his wife and journo.

'Harrassing' other people's kids, EVERYWHERE!

'Leave him alone, he's 'LOVELY'

Give him a 'medal' next?

'Ambassadorship' for 'missing people'?

'Licence' to 'kill'.............fcuking joke!

'The character, Tony'. IS a 'KILLER', on the loose. Who's he going to 'kill' NEXT, before the cops 'nick' him, instead of 'turning a blind eye'?

BENT COPS! BENT JOURNO!.

A 'BENT' COP is lower than a snakes belly, imo.

Say no more!

And breathe.................

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by joti26 on 16.12.14 23:41

I thought pretty much the same jeanmonroe, the connections were clever I thought but also disappointed with the ending so be interesting to see what is to come.

joti26

Posts : 37
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by Brian Griffin on 17.12.14 0:44

Something more fundamental: it's OK not to find your abducted child and just get on with your life. I would have thought, that, in fiction especially the child has to be 'found' in some state that can lead to a tying up of loose ends.

Interesting too - the father is rabidly searching the 4 corners of the globe (Russia was never mentioned throughout) yet the mother can just walk away.

More Mcinnations, I suspect, but then again, I'm seeing manipulation everywhere now.

In my opinion.

____________________
"Looking for Madeleine"? - Lying for the McCanns! (In my opinion)

Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by columbostogeys on 17.12.14 7:25

@joti26 wrote:I thought pretty much the same jeanmonroe, the connections were clever I thought but also disappointed with the ending so be interesting to see what is to come.
Nothing is to come. There will be a new series, but with new characters.

Well that was 8 weeks of my life WASTED LOL. All that toing and froing back and forth, so many questions left unanswered.......

The story could have been told in 2.5 hours in a film and still be enjoyable, without all the deaths and killings, and pedophiles, romanians etc....

What a total let down.

We thought it would end with a simple story and it did. Bleurgh....rubbish.

____________________
The Dogs Dont Lie
http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.co.uk/

columbostogeys

Posts : 174
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by PeterMac on 17.12.14 8:28

Interesting that it is the only scenario which the McCanns insisted was Impossible.
Wandering out into the road and
being run over
falling down a hole
being picked up by a random child-stealer.

They insisted that a 4 year old could not open a sliding door, which was not locked . . . !

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by jeanmonroe on 17.12.14 10:38

@PeterMac wrote:Interesting that it is the only scenario which the McCanns insisted was Impossible.
Wandering out into the road and
being run over
falling down a hole
being picked up by a random child-stealer.

They insisted that a 4 year old could not open a sliding door, which was not locked . . .   !

So, presumeably, DCI Mahogany has/had ALSO 'ruled out' THAT scenario, from the 'outset/during' his over 3.5 YEARS 'review turned investigation'!

NO 'WANDER'!

WHY has he, did he, 'rule out' the 'wander' scenario'?

Ooppps, 'rhetorical'

He is er, umm, 'investigating' Madeleine's 'disappearance' from ONLY 'as if THE ABDUCTION' (happened in the UK)

A £10+MILLION 'review/investigation' (rising daily by £6,778) ENTIRELY 'BASED' ONLY upon the 'missing' child's PARENTS...... 'SAY SO'

Of course he IS! Otherwise there'd be NO 'cadavar alert' possibly  'blood', in G5A, thus ruling out his 'startled burglator/stranger who killed her, IN G5A, and removed body'

Just as an aside, has GM ever stated in a court room, that the dogs did NOT 'alert' to a cadavar 'scent'?

I know he has mentioned 'NO BLOOD 'found' M'lady' but 'cadavar' scent?

One can 'clean' blood, with bleach using a erm, 'toothbrush', but i don't believe 'scent'  (istbc)

I might 'post' later on MY 'alternative ending/s'

But i think you all 'know' my 'alternative'

A 'clue' is my earlier 'post'!

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by ChippyM on 17.12.14 10:44

@Brian Griffin wrote:
.......Have I missed something, but what did the mother 'do' that interested the journalist? I might have missed it because I'm a binge watcher and hate doing week by week things.

I assume we're going to do the McCann comparison (and exoneration) stuff, so why don't I kick us off? Wedding scene, suddenly the very attractive (well, I think she is) mother uses profanity in her speech for no particular reason. Calling people 'F*cking tosser' is OK then?

In my opinion.

No I don't think you missed anything, the journalist definitely said at the end of one episode 'I know what you (ie. both of them)  did' to the mother.

 That's one of the reasons I found this drama quite annoying after watching 2 or 3 episodes that were promising and 1 or 2 slow ones, i decided to see it through. There were many unconnected red herrings and,  the clues were too coincidental, 'oh look a scarf in an old photo'...or something found by chance...rather than being worked out by dogged determination, and trusting one's application of logic when all around you are telling you you're wrong like some of my favourite scandinavian ( or other) detectives.....

   I thought the message here (if there was one) was, the parents definitely didn't do it and lets not focus on kids being taken or harmed by sex offenders, it probably doesn't happen so lets continue to bury our heads in the sand.

ChippyM

Posts : 910
Reputation : 129
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by guest3 on 17.12.14 17:50

It was this series that pushed me to join this forum, but I have been worried about the use that I believe is being made of televsion and other media to manipulate people for some time.

First, I am not surprised that the ending effectively went nowhere.  All possibilities were still on the table.

The mayor was a paedophile friend of Ian Garrett and may have taken the injured boy. 
He could be alive and well in Russia.
He may have been accidentally killed.
He may have been murdered.

I was not surprised because I had a little look at who the writers were: a couple of brothers who seem to have failed to come up with a hit series in spite of having a lot of money and acting talent thrown at them.  They wrote the horrific "Full English" for anyone who may have had the misfortune to sit through two minutes like we did.  They have aimed at the "yoof" market and everything has flopped - until now.  They say they were inspired by the American series Lost which coincidentally was the series that first flagged up to me a sea change in tv drama. 

It deliberately goes nowhere. There is a beginning, but no middle or end.  It is replete with inconsistencies, sub plots that add nothing and red herrings.  It invites analysis but there is nothing to analyse.  It blurs the edges between news and drama.  I have looked on Amazon at Kate M's book Madeleine and people seriously put things like " a great read!"  "My mam will love this." People become unable to tell the difference between fact and fiction. It milks base emotion whilst rendering them almost sociopathic.

In the mean time people are programmed to expect life to be a continual drama of which we can make no sense.  Government enquiries are interminable, people are never brought to account and things are rarely brought to resolution.

I have been horrified at the print media's involvement. They have almost uniformly talked up a below average drama to the major televisual event of the year. The BBC website even had links to follow to look deeper into Vincent's treatment etc.  It reminded me of the clubs you used to be able to join for your favourite children's book - like the Famous Five for those old enough to remember. We'll all be going round wearing The Missing badges next.

Eight million people followed this series and two failed writers are now in business writing for the "establishment."  George Orwell must be convulsing in his grave.

guest3

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by Oxtab on 17.12.14 22:57

Judging by the trailer (girl goes missing from British barracks in Germany - note the 1 ton land rover from the 70s/80s and "Eintritt verboten" (entry forbidden) sign, Series 2 will borrow heavily from Katrice Lee's disappearance and postulate what happens if she is found.

In real life there was a call to police to look for Katrice in France; this is perhaps where Tceky Karyo's character comes in.

Oxtab

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by Woofer on 17.12.14 23:15

doircann wrote:It was this series that pushed me to join this forum, but I have been worried about the use that I believe is being made of televsion and other media to manipulate people for some time.

First, I am not surprised that the ending effectively went nowhere.  All possibilities were still on the table.

The mayor was a paedophile friend of Ian Garrett and may have taken the injured boy. 
He could be alive and well in Russia.
He may have been accidentally killed.
He may have been murdered.

I was not surprised because I had a little look at who the writers were: a couple of brothers who seem to have failed to come up with a hit series in spite of having a lot of money and acting talent thrown at them.  They wrote the horrific "Full English" for anyone who may have had the misfortune to sit through two minutes like we did.  They have aimed at the "yoof" market and everything has flopped - until now.  They say they were inspired by the American series Lost which coincidentally was the series that first flagged up to me a sea change in tv drama. 

It deliberately goes nowhere. There is a beginning, but no middle or end.  It is replete with inconsistencies, sub plots that add nothing and red herrings.  It invites analysis but there is nothing to analyse.  It blurs the edges between news and drama.  I have looked on Amazon at Kate M's book Madeleine and people seriously put things like " a great read!"  "My mam will love this." People become unable to tell the difference between fact and fiction. It milks base emotion whilst rendering them almost sociopathic.

In the mean time people are programmed to expect life to be a continual drama of which we can make no sense.  Government enquiries are interminable, people are never brought to account and things are rarely brought to resolution.

I have been horrified at the print media's involvement. They have almost uniformly talked up a below average drama to the major televisual event of the year. The BBC website even had links to follow to look deeper into Vincent's treatment etc.  It reminded me of the clubs you used to be able to join for your favourite children's book - like the Famous Five for those old enough to remember. We'll all be going round wearing The Missing badges next.

Eight million people followed this series and two failed writers are now in business writing for the "establishment."  George Orwell must be convulsing in his grave.

Excellent post IMO, especially :-

"It milks base emotion whilst rendering them almost sociopathic.

In the mean time people are programmed to expect life to be a continual drama of which we can make no sense.  Government enquiries are interminable, people are never brought to account and things are rarely brought to resolution."



I had a feeling this series would go nowhere.  The fact that James Nesbitt was in it warned me it will be overly emotional and complicated.

____________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Woofer

Posts : 3390
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2012-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by aquila on 17.12.14 23:18

@Oxtab wrote:Judging by the trailer (girl goes missing from British barracks in Germany - note the 1 ton land rover from the 70s/80s and "Eintritt verboten" (entry forbidden) sign, Series 2 will borrow heavily from Katrice Lee's disappearance and postulate what happens if she is found.

In real life there was a call to police to look for Katrice in France; this is perhaps where Tceky Karyo's character comes in.
I've been waiting for someone to bring up Katrice Lee.

I find it interesting that in the UK news at the moment there is the beginnings of a campaign for Ben Needham....and today an article on April Jones' headstone finally being laid. There has not been a mention of Katrice Lee that I can recall in the news...and yet her mother and sister appeared, parked on a tv sofa alongside Kate and Gerry with a senior UK police officer...not a single mention since that I can recall. I guess Katrice Lee doesn't matter or her disappearance is waiting in the wings for some shitty PR stunt to bring it out into the open to cover something or other..... because this family has been crapped on from a great height imo.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by columbostogeys on 18.12.14 6:37

doircann wrote:It was this series that pushed me to join this forum, but I have been worried about the use that I believe is being made of televsion and other media to manipulate people for some time.

First, I am not surprised that the ending effectively went nowhere.  All possibilities were still on the table.

The mayor was a paedophile friend of Ian Garrett and may have taken the injured boy. 
He could be alive and well in Russia.
He may have been accidentally killed.
He may have been murdered.

I was not surprised because I had a little look at who the writers were: a couple of brothers who seem to have failed to come up with a hit series in spite of having a lot of money and acting talent thrown at them.  They wrote the horrific "Full English" for anyone who may have had the misfortune to sit through two minutes like we did.  They have aimed at the "yoof" market and everything has flopped - until now.  They say they were inspired by the American series Lost which coincidentally was the series that first flagged up to me a sea change in tv drama. 

It deliberately goes nowhere. There is a beginning, but no middle or end.  It is replete with inconsistencies, sub plots that add nothing and red herrings.  It invites analysis but there is nothing to analyse.  It blurs the edges between news and drama.
  I have looked on Amazon at Kate M's book Madeleine and people seriously put things like " a great read!"  "My mam will love this." People become unable to tell the difference between fact and fiction. It milks base emotion whilst rendering them almost sociopathic.

In the mean time people are programmed to expect life to be a continual drama of which we can make no sense.  Government enquiries are interminable, people are never brought to account and things are rarely brought to resolution.

I have been horrified at the print media's involvement. They have almost uniformly talked up a below average drama to the major televisual event of the year. The BBC website even had links to follow to look deeper into Vincent's treatment etc.  It reminded me of the clubs you used to be able to join for your favourite children's book - like the Famous Five for those old enough to remember. We'll all be going round wearing The Missing badges next.

Eight million people followed this series and two failed writers are now in business writing for the "establishment."  George Orwell must be convulsing in his grave.
I LOVE YOU, whoever you are lol.

I HATED IT. I watched it for some bizarre reason because I wanted to know what all the excitement was about. It was dire. To and fro, timelines made me feel sick, i lost the plot in the end.

I HATED Tony I thought he was an evil and brutal man. I loved Vincent, because even though he knew he had a sickness he tried his hardest to make himself well.

It was the worse thing I have ever watched and left me feeling like someone had given me a million dollars but forgot to tell me where it was kept.

There was too many things left answered.

I cannot understand why so many people enjoyed it...........The took the McCann case and worked around that, now they are doing the same with missing girl in Germany.

I shant be watching that......

____________________
The Dogs Dont Lie
http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.co.uk/

columbostogeys

Posts : 174
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by guest3 on 18.12.14 17:15

@columbostogeys - slightly taken aback by your declaration of love, but if we keep it open and above board there should be no real risk of impropriety!

I had not come across the Katrice Lee case and having read up a little about it, I see how they wove elements of that case into the prog.  It is beyond sad, and I must say that the military element, perhaps unfairly, gives me the willies. It turns out that the man (just after a cursory poke around so I may be wrong)who was head of the military hospital where Katrice was born, at the time she was born, ended up being one of the Queen's surgeons.  This means nothing really and is perhaps no more weird than the fact that the man who gave GM his alibi is the Producer of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding who just happened to be at PdeL with his wife who I think used to have something to do with the BBCs Crimewatch prog and who went on to write a book about child abuse by the British elite in 19th c London. Phew!  Could you even begin to make this stuff up?

I am seriously beginning to wish that i had not watched Richard Hall's doc because once you know this stuff you can't unknow it.

Just one last thought before I go to lie down in a darkened room. I suspect that it is not the McCann's that have some strange influence over people in power but the other way round. I am not convinced by the whole Gaspar thing. It strikes me that one of the best ways of controllling someone is to hold the threat of an accusation of paedophilia over them.  This could be nonsense of course and just a symptom of brain fever induced by the alternative reality of this case.

guest3

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by Brian Griffin on 19.12.14 2:32

I find it interesting that in the UK news at the moment there is the beginnings of a campaign for Ben Needham....
Yeah...begrudgingly, I'll bet!

In my opinion.

____________________
"Looking for Madeleine"? - Lying for the McCanns! (In my opinion)

Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by Oxtab on 21.12.14 11:23

doircann wrote:@columbostogeys - slightly taken aback by your declaration of love, but if we keep it open and above board there should be no real risk of impropriety!

I had not come across the Katrice Lee case and having read up a little about it, I see how they wove elements of that case into the prog.  It is beyond sad, and I must say that the military element, perhaps unfairly, gives me the willies. It turns out that the man (just after a cursory poke around so I may be wrong)who was head of the military hospital where Katrice was born, at the time she was born, ended up being one of the Queen's surgeons.  This means nothing really and is perhaps no more weird than the fact that the man who gave GM his alibi is the Producer of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding who just happened to be at PdeL with his wife who I think used to have something to do with the BBCs Crimewatch prog and who went on to write a book about child abuse by the British elite in 19th c London. Phew!  Could you even begin to make this stuff up?

I am seriously beginning to wish that i had not watched Richard Hall's doc because once you know this stuff you can't unknow it.

Just one last thought before I go to lie down in a darkened room. I suspect that it is not the McCann's that have some strange influence over people in power but the other way round. I am not convinced by the whole Gaspar thing. It strikes me that one of the best ways of controllling someone is to hold the threat of an accusation of paedophilia over them.  This could be nonsense of course and just a symptom of brain fever induced by the alternative reality of this case.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Gill Dando's surgeon fiance got a royal appointment.

The rationalist in me says "cock up before conspiracy."

Which fits with GA's conclusions.

What I've never understood is (i) why was there high level interest in the case and (ii) why the McCs have continued to push things forward if they had involvement? Surely that just risks eventual discovery.

IMO

Oxtab

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by guest3 on 21.12.14 18:12

@oxtab  Yes Jill Dando's fiancé, Alan Farthing, is gynaecologist to the Queen and oversaw the birth of Prince George. Coinidentally he also specialises in laprascopic surgery as does Dr David Payne albeit in a different specialism.  The two points that you highlight have also puzzled me but I think that the key may be to see things from the pt of view of those people on high who have very different concerns to us lower mortals.  I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories but logic says that people will come together around issues that they perceive to be in their own personal interest.  This would go some way to account for the bizzare cast of characters that congregated in PdeL both just before and just after Madeleine went missing. 

This does not mean that all of these characters shared exactly the same interests and that conflicts do not arise between those whose objectives are hidden from us.

What might these objectives be?  If I had power beyond measure and wealth beyond the dreams of avarice and a playground in which to indulge my every desire what would be the one remaining power that would render me as impotent as a beggar?

When I was a teenager I went to the Dachau concentration camp and saw the photographs of human beings who had been subjected to de-pressuarisation experiments complete with the tops of their heads sawn off so that their brains could be examined. It is on open record that American scientists put radio active material in the milk of mentally handicapped children. Scientific rationalism is about to take us into uncharted territories.  Whatever human beings can imagine they (or someone) will do. Often we hide this from ourselves because we ourselves would do no harm.

guest3

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by aquila on 21.12.14 18:22

doircann wrote:@oxtab  Yes Jill Dando's fiancé, Alan Farthing, is gynaecologist to the Queen and oversaw the birth of Prince George. Coinidentally he also specialises in laprascopic surgery as does Dr David Payne albeit in a different specialism.  The two points that you highlight have also puzzled me but I think that the key may be to see things from the pt of view of those people on high who have very different concerns to us lower mortals.  I do not subscribe to conspiracy theories but logic says that people will come together around issues that they perceive to be in their own personal interest.  This would go some way to account for the bizzare cast of characters that congregated in PdeL both just before and just after Madeleine went missing. 

This does not mean that all of these characters shared exactly the same interests and that conflicts do not arise between those whose objectives are hidden from us.

What might these objectives be?  If I had power beyond measure and wealth beyond the dreams of avarice and a playground in which to indulge my every desire what would be the one remaining power that would render me as impotent as a beggar?

When I was a teenager I went to the Dachau concentration camp and saw the photographs of human beings who had been subjected to de-pressuarisation experiments complete with the tops of their heads sawn off so that their brains could be examined. It is on open record that American scientists put radio active material in the milk of mentally handicapped children. Scientific rationalism is about to take us into uncharted territories.  Whatever human beings can imagine they (or someone) will do. Often we hide this from ourselves because we ourselves would do no harm.
The fear of losing it.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by columbostogeys on 22.12.14 5:38

doircann wrote:@columbostogeys - slightly taken aback by your declaration of love, but if we keep it open and above board there should be no real risk of impropriety! Darn it, oh well, I shall have to adore you from a far lol.........

Actually leading onto another of your posts, why do the McCanns insist on dragging this forward constantly.....I actually have sat and thought about it.

I remember way back in my memory trying to cook toffee on the stove and burning the pan horrendously and the stench literally went around the house lol.

I don't know why or how but I remember legging it out of there the house that is because i knew i was in trouble.

I cant think where my mum was or why i did it but that doesn't matter.......when i came back into the house and was questioned as to who had done this thing, I remember quite distinctively standing my ground and saying IT WASNT ME, it wasnt me.....I never did it...and I had convinced myself I hadn't done it.....lol.

I know a silly example but i didn't want to get into trouble and I didn't want to tarnish my good books with my dad who I adored, and I didn't want him to think badly of me lol....Why i remember all of this I have no idea but it has always stuck in my head (toffee ha ha).

Anyway babbling on, I dont think there was ever any intention of harm if there was harm by family, I think it was something that happened in a moment of uncontrolled madness.......the guilt is all consuming and one has to keep saying I never did it, because one doesn't want to loose face, or ones life as it is known...and not only that, one doesn't want people to think they could possibly be human and loose control.....so they keep going because what else can they do.....

Once you start the lie, it is very hard to actually stop it and it soon rolls out of control and you kind of just let it and go along with the ride. I think its almost like being a euphoric drug induced trance, you just have no feelings and you can therefore go along with it all. No one is going to suspect you anyway not in your profession, so after the first few days you realise its in your best interest to keep up the lie and keep it going as isnt that what normal people would do if they were innocent and after all you rationalise it because it was all unintentional in the first place?

I personally dont think for one moment friends were involved, yes they may have been but totally unintentionally as you just would not believe your friend could do such a thing and because of that you would want to protect them too.

sorry if all that sounds a bit garbled and babbling but I think i know what i mean lol.... There are so many cases of death by accident and a cover up, most of them come to conclusions, but I suppose when you have some sort of standing in the community and have friends in high places, perhaps its easier to keep it all covered up I dont know, its all just so odd.

Non of the scenarios make sense to me. Its like the child simply never existed........Sadly even children taken from beds by pedophiles are usually found not far away deceased or simply traumatised....

____________________
The Dogs Dont Lie
http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.co.uk/

columbostogeys

Posts : 174
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by guest3 on 22.12.14 19:06

@colombostogeys.  Hello.  I absolutley share your confusion.  This case is like a huge page of join-the-dots. I have joined some of the dots from my perspective and made an elephant.  Others have made a tiger.  The truth is probably something like a tigephant! 

I took no notice of this case for years because even though I found the McCanns odd their dogged determination to find Madeleine seemed completely normal. If it was my child, I wouldn't let it drop.  I was gobsmacked when I saw Richard Hall's doc by several things that I hadn't realised.  As Oxtab pointed out the high level involvement in the case doesn't make any sense.  But if the McCanns are guilty of what people say they are guilty of then their determination to stay in the public eye also makes no sense.  And if it doesn't make sense, its not true as Judge Judy says!

Their behaviour often seems odd and out of context.  This either means that they are complete lunatics or there is something about the context that we are in the dark about. So, then you have to ask yourself how you would adjust the context to make more sense of their behaviour.  I have sort of mentally done this (although I have to say that I can't account to myself for all of their behaviour)and come to a set of tentative "conclusions".  I don't claim to be right. I hope I am wrong. I am absolutely guaranteed to be wrong on certain points and there are huge gaps I can't fill in.

I was particularly sideswiped by the private dectectives that don't detect, the failure to take messages off the phone line and the involvement of groups like Control Risks who seem proud to carry an endorsement from Halliburton on their web site. You may as well provide Satan as a character reference.  This was obviously much bigger than a simple missing child case, sad though that is.

There is a difficulty in knowing what is real because the red Herring has been a very definite tactic in Madeleine's disappearance. I too have wondered if she even existed.  But if we take the statement of Dr David Payne at face value they were expecting something to happen but did not know what. This is a group of people bound together by more than just holidaying together and the secret services don't get involved to shield swinging doctors from public view as far as I know! Kate knew immediately that Madeleine had been taken.  People are quick to dismiss this as a lie, but what if it were true? The question would be - how did she know? Then you need to start thinking of a different context that would make this statement true.

I was also struck by how PdL itself is like a character in this story. It (and maybe the Algarve generally) seems to have been a very modest and unassuming but magnetic location for some very well-connected people for quite a few years prior to Madeleine's disappearance: a veritable out of the way  place in the sun for the British Establishment. According to gerry, they were not there to enjoy themselves - so why were they there? If they won't let this drop then what might push them to keep going? I don't find money or love of the limelight convincing answers.

I have had thought some uncomfortable thoughts about this case and wouldn't really want to share them because even I think that I might just be off my rocker!

There it wasn't you that babbled - it was me! thumbup thumbup That is my first ever emoticon - got two by mistake!

guest3

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by mysterion on 22.12.14 20:43

I haven`t seen the word "context" come up but it is very apt in this case. There is some key ingredient which is "hidden". Perhaps it is known to OG and it is an official secret so they cannot explain why the T9 have their current non suspect status because that would betray it.

mysterion

Posts : 358
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2013-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by Oxtab on 22.12.14 23:33

Doircann - a thought provoking and very thoughtful post and I concur with pretty much everything youve said.

There is a thread that speculates about a conference of which Gerry was an attendee, along with some very high up and attention shy others. This is the justification for the clean up.

What fo you believe?

Oxtab

Posts : 7
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Nesbitt: "The Missing is a thriller, it isn't about the Madeleine McCann case"

Post by columbostogeys on 23.12.14 11:54

doircann wrote:
I have had thought some uncomfortable thoughts about this case and wouldn't really want to share them because even I think that I might just be off my rocker!

There it wasn't you that babbled - it was me! thumbup thumbup That is my first ever emoticon - got two by mistake!
Hi hun, yes me too i have had uncomfortable thoughts myself. Actually although i followed the case from the beginning the first second it was on Sky T.V. I thought wow something is so fishy about this.......and that was in the first 5 minutes......but overtime I got so confused with all of it, I started to doubt my own brain, until the day of the dogs......then I changed my mind and came off the fence..and started listening and reading again. (By the way i got all the other cases right, cant remember all the names now just from the first few minutes)...(sorry MS brain its not working today lol).

Several things for me make no sense.......

OK bear with me i do ramble a bit lol.

You loose a treasured item, say a cigarette lighter given to you for your 21st Birthday and engraved it was given to you by your grandmother who passed away, and it was a real treasure for you. OK so you advertise the loss of this cigarette lighter in the local newspapers....do you give out the information that this lighter was engraved and with what? Or do you leave that out so when people ring you, you can ask them is the item engraved and eliminate all those that are not etc.....so perhaps you can offer them the reward.

Bear with me, i am getting there lol.

So why would you tell all the world that your beloved and treasured daughter is missing and describe the one fault which is rare and only the parents knew about it? Why would you do that? Surely by doing that you put the child in danger as then she becomes too hot to handle......so thats the first odd thing. If you had abducted her and then realised she has a fault noticeable you would get rid of her fast wouldnt you?

Then you hire the most incompetent detective agency ( i use the term loosely), paid out of funds donated.....who turn it all into a farce, so much so that peoples eyes roll up to the sky when the name of the child is mentioned....oh not her again......its like they didnt want to find her...send out confusion, almost like they were trying to change the crime scene in order for her never to be found....because well basically she wasnt going to be found but by doing all that you look good as though you are actually doing something....jeez get confused writing it lol...

The day i fell over laughing was the day I saw cuddle cat being cuddled by the Metodo 3 employees jeez.....

Then another thing that totally confused me. You loose your most treasured possession your child, then you go off all over the world, leaving the surviving children......whilst you did so. Would any parent behave that way? I am damn sure I would never have left my kids again.......I dont get it honestly.....

Then the reaction to the dogs.....If i had nothing to hide and the dogs which were or had never been wrong indicated death etc in the apartment my child had been in, I would be in bits, and would want the police to try and find out what had happened I would never have ridiculed their findings I still cant get over Gerry saying to reporter "ask the dogs Sandra!..... jeez what a thing to say, then to try and make out with the Zappa case in the states the dogs do get it wrong.........but they didnt then did they as a few years later he admitted he killed his wife, but note the McCanns never mentioned that.

Does all this make them guilty hardly, but it does all make me think something very odd is going on......sorry tired, and confused......I dont think we will ever know the truth sadly ever.....I think she was spirited away from the apartment in the morning when the family moved out to let the forensics in.....and will never be found again ever......bless her little heart....

____________________
The Dogs Dont Lie
http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.co.uk/

columbostogeys

Posts : 174
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum