The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"Three women who could solve riddle of Maddie’s disappearance"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Three women who could solve riddle of Maddie’s disappearance"

Post by Guest on 19.10.14 11:44

Once again hair samples have been mentioned along with curtains,did this come from the Portuguese or is it Mitchell talking because no one is letting them know just what is being retested,I've also seen something related to a bedspread.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 19.10.14 12:04

WMD wrote:Once again hair samples have been mentioned along with curtains,did this come from the Portuguese or is it Mitchell talking because no one is letting them know just what is being retested,I've also seen something related to a bedspread.

I can't find where Francisco Brizida originally told 'yard officers that curtain fabric was available for testing'.  The Mirror says he told them this a week earlier.....where did the Mirror get it from, was it in the Portuguese press?     If it did directly come from Brizida, then that bit is not spin from Clarrie.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joss on 19.10.14 12:28

Are we to really believe there is going to be some major breakthrough in this case after 7+ years? As long as they keep evading who the real perps in this case probably are i think we'll just hear crickets...
But just in case i have my crow pie at the ready, iconbiggrin

Joss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.14 12:33

Detectives hope advances in new technology will help them nail her abductor, as they re-test 30 strands of hair and other samples locked away for seven years in Portugal.

Francisco Brizida, president of the Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences, where the DNA is being held, said: “Technology now allows us to go further than years ago in areas like genetic markers.

Mr Brizida added: “I have the certainty they went away very happy. The tone of the meeting was about the possibility of the tests on samples collected in 2007 being re-done.

“I can’t say for sure new DNA tests that didn’t yield a conclusive result in 2007 could now yield an objective result.

Now, the expert categorically states these are retests of results that were previously inconclusive. He states they are now able to be more accurate around the area of genetic markers.

Remind me again, whch tests proved only 80% that samples were Madeleine's due to the number of markers from different people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.14 13:24

Dee Coy wrote:Detectives hope advances in new technology will help them nail her abductor, as they re-test 30 strands of hair and other samples locked away for seven years in Portugal.

Francisco Brizida, president of the Institute of Legal Medicine and Forensic Sciences, where the DNA is being held, said: “Technology now allows us to go further than years ago in areas like genetic markers.

Mr Brizida added: “I have the certainty they went away very happy. The tone of the meeting was about the possibility of the tests on samples collected in 2007 being re-done.

“I can’t say for sure new DNA tests that didn’t yield a conclusive result in 2007 could now yield an objective result.

Now, the expert categorically states these are retests of results that were previously inconclusive. He states they are now able to be more accurate around the area of genetic markers.

Remind me again, whch tests proved only 80% that samples were Madeleine's due to the number of markers from different people?
I wonder who is the more pleased that there is now an advance in technologies in testing,Amaral or McCanns.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 19.10.14 14:04

WMD wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:Detectives hope advances in new technology will help them nail her abductor, as they re-test 30 strands of hair and other samples locked away for seven years in Portugal.

I wonder who is the more pleased that there is now an advance in technologies in testing,Amaral or McCanns.
It depends on if they do the tests in the UK or in Portugal. violin

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 19.10.14 14:11

NickE wrote:
WMD wrote:

Quite - I read today that (surprise, surprise), the Sheffield Police have mislaid Savile's diaries...can't find them anywhere...easily done I suppose...

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.14 14:19

Yeah surprise surprise the diaries have been mislaid.

It's about time some of these incompetents were sacked then we might not have so many things being mislaid.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The....truth on 19.10.14 14:32

"It's about time some of these incompetents were sacked then we might not have so many things being mislaid."

Ah, now there we part company, pleb.

I would imagine that they are very, very competent.

The....truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 19.10.14 14:34

plebgate wrote:Yeah surprise surprise the diaries have been mislaid.

It's about time some of these incompetents were sacked then we might not have so many things being mislaid.
sacked? don't you mean 'put in prison' for (negligence leading to the ) perverting of the course of justice, just like the rest of us oiks would be if we mislaid evidence of former foul play and crime.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.10.14 14:41

The truth and bobbin, can't say I would argue with either post.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pauloptix on 19.10.14 14:42

You have to think that the complete lack of any pro McCann spin, or any pro McCann press coverage since the sad death of Brenda Leyland indicates an uncomfortable period for them.
I'm sure there's all sorts of discussion going on behind the scenes. 
I pray that the Portuguese are suitably outraged still by the appalling misrepresentation and discrediting of them and Mr Amaral by TM and MSM that they never let those samples out of their sight.
I guess it all depends how much political pressure is being heaped on them.

pauloptix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 19.10.14 15:09

pauloptix wrote:You have to think that the complete lack of any pro McCann spin, or any pro McCann press coverage since the sad death of Brenda Leyland indicates an uncomfortable period for them.
I'm sure there's all sorts of discussion going on behind the scenes. 
I pray that the Portuguese are suitably outraged still by the appalling misrepresentation and discrediting of them and Mr Amaral by TM and MSM that they never let those samples out of their sight.
I guess it all depends how much political pressure is being heaped on them.

I think there has been plenty of 'pro McCann' coverage, all the stories with their mugs on them about 'vile trolls' and now this story about 'stranger DNA' in the apartment which has actually been referred to as 'vague' material that could not be identified at the time in other articles. They will not want to be directly associated or quoted about BL's death but someone is still spinning away like mad!

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naz_Nomad on 19.10.14 16:36

Okeydokey wrote:
NickE wrote:
WMD wrote:

Quite - I read today that (surprise, surprise), the Sheffield Police have mislaid Savile's diaries...can't find them anywhere...easily done I suppose...

Would that be the huge stack of diaries that were being stored in the garage of Savile's secretary/PA, that we saw on the Mark Williams Thomas programme last year? 

Maybe they got "lost" in the same place as the dossier that named names, and was handed to Leon Brittain in 1984.

Naz_Nomad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 19.10.14 22:54

Just to leave unidentified hair samples lying around for seven years while the police spend millions doing other things, digging up areas of PdL and tracing any paedophile who was anywhere near the Algarve would be astonishing wouldn't it? They would want to test them immediately and see if the samples linked to any known offender surely? First things first.

I'm sure I remember Amaral saying something about retesting some hair samples held by the Portuguese a little while ago, does anyone else remember this? It was mentioned as one of the ways in which he thought the investigation should proceed.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 19.10.14 23:24

Here's Dr Amaral talking about the hair. It appears the technology WAS around then but the British were in denial:

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post287348.html?hilit=test%20hair#p287348

As news of the Met’s latest Madeleine theories sweeps the world, here in Portugal some very different revelations - equally chilling in their content - received almost zero publicity.

An interview with ‘infamous’ Madeleine cop, Gonçalo Amaral, described how vital leads in the case appear to have been deliberately dropped.

Far from expounding on the possibility of a sexual predator stalking the bedrooms of young white girls on holiday from England, Amaral talked of high-level political involvement which left DNA samples untested and key witnesses overlooked.

It could have been dismissed as another conspiracy-theorists’ stunt apart from the fact that the programme was presented by well-known news anchor Júlio Magalhães - former director of information at TVI and current director-general of Porto Canal - with questions fielded by respected political thinker and one-time PSD leader and mayor, Luís Filipe Menezes.

Menezes opened the interview saying that after almost seven years of media frenzy, perhaps it was time to ask whether the PJ was qualified to investigate a crime of this complexity. “Doubts arise as to whether our police, our State, is protected against national and international political influences that interfere in the day-to-day professional thinking of police and other criminal investigators,” he said.

His invitation to Gonçalo Amaral - awaiting the result of a trial for defamation brought by Kate and Gerry McCann, who allege his theories that Madeleine is dead hampered the search for their daughter - was a chance to see whether the former investigator was “a Portuguese version of Dirty Harry, or a politically-correct policeman”.

Amaral’s answers came thick and fast. The day he left the Madeleine investigation was “the day Gordon Brown (then British prime minister) spoke with José Socrátes (then Portuguese prime minister).”

At the time, Amaral told Menezes, Portuguese police were keen to interview the Irish family who had identified Gerry McCann as the man they thought they had seen carrying a child down towards the beach on the night Madeleine went missing.
This plan was quickly scuppered. Amaral’s substitute on the case “was told that it was not relevant to bring the Irish (family) to Portugal,” he told Menezes. “And that was that. The Irish family was never heard.”

As to DNA evidence that was discovered in the McCanns’ rental car, Amaral was adamant that this could have been more thoroughly tested. While initial findings on blood were deemed inconclusive, Amaral explains hair samples were simply not followed up as British lab technicians claimed it was impossible to test hair samples without roots.

“It is possible, and even at the time it was possible!” Amaral insisted.

“These hair samples are in Portugal! They were returned in Portugal and they are in the files. It’s simple! All the public ministry has to do is take the hairs and send them to a European laboratory, or anywhere where these kinds of exams are done without roots.”

Menezes, who had described himself at the outset as “never neutral in these matters” but seeking to be impartial, quizzed Amaral on one of the myriad “strange twists” in the early stages of the case.

Referring to the hiring of Clarence Mitchell as the McCanns’ press 'face', he said: “How is it comprehensible that the spokesman for the English Prime Minister had left, in 24 hours, Tony Blair to be the McCann family’s spokesman? Isn’t that strange?”

“Of course,” replies Amaral. “It is another mystery within the mystery, and maybe if we can understand this little mystery we will be able to understand what lies behind, not the disappearance, not the death of the child, but what lies behind the protection… Why the protection…”

Full of questions and inconvenient allegations, it was an interview that aimed to illustrated the depth and scope of the “complexities” Luís Filipe Menezes had suggested might just be too much for the PJ - or indeed any police force.

“Only when there is the political will on both sides” will the case be resolved, said Amaral, concluding, “when investigations are politically correct, they lead nowhere.”

Meantime in UK, Operation Grange has revealed that it is currently receiving hundreds of calls in response to the latest announcement that a bare-chested sexual predator abused five little white girls - all older than Madeleine – while they were sleeping in their beds in holiday homes along the Algarve between 2004 and 2006.

The Met described 12 separate crimes leading up to 2010, only four of them involving the sexual abuse of girls aged 7-10.

Whether the other eight crimes involved another type of sexual abuse has not been divulged.

According to Correio da Manhã newspaper, it was the evidence of this predator that led Portuguese investigators to ask the public ministry to reopen the Madeleine case in October last year.

Characteristically tight-lipped about the course of their investigations, the PJ nonetheless have been known to feed information to the Portuguese and foreign press.

On Wednesday (March 19), a spokesman agreed with the Met’s Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood that the new suspect is considered to be a key to resolving the long-running mystery, just over a month away from reaching its seventh anniversary.

Which once again begs the question - why now and not three years ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 19.10.14 23:51

Which once again begs the question - why now and not three years ago?

Has something else changed over the past three years?
Has someone come forward with new information?
Is this quest to re-test DNA something that could not be done before because the tests had not advanced far enough, and now they do?
Are they looking for something to corroborate information which has recently been provided to them, which would not stand up in court without the physical evidence to back it up?

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 20.10.14 0:02

Our watchword should be:

ONLY TRUST AMARAL

Everyone else is playing double and triple games.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 20.10.14 0:14

Dee Coy wrote:

Here's Dr Amaral talking about the hair. It appears the technology WAS around then but the British were in denial:

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post287348.html?hilit=test%20hair#p287348

Thanks Dee Coy

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.14 0:36

canada12 wrote:Which once again begs the question - why now and not three years ago?

Is this quest to re-test DNA something that could not be done before because the tests had not advanced far enough, and now they do?
Are they looking for something to corroborate information which has recently been provided to them, which would not stand up in court without the physical evidence to back it up?

I'm tempted to answer 'all of the above'.

But Amaral insists the technology was available 7 years ago. So that rules out Q3.

I hope the answer lies in one of the other 3 questions you raise.

But I've got a horrid feeling that most of the questions have been answered in Redwood's own mind. He knows. So needs those samples 'safely' in the UK. Obviously,  my own speculation,  again.   smilie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 20.10.14 8:44

canada12 wrote:Which once again begs the question - why now and not three years ago?

These new investigators have changed,were the old ones not really interested and were leant on,but the new girls are in town with a new broom which sweeps clean.
One would hope they have read the original case files and possibly talked with Amaral and have concluded ok lets clear this up once and for all,test the samples and we'll see where it lead's us,OG might be surprised by this hence their recent visit,not surprisingly the TM haven't said they are bouyed by this.IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 20.10.14 15:05

When I saw the headline I thought "Kate, Fiona and Jane". 

Then I realized they have no interest in solving the case.

Duh

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 20.10.14 16:43

lj wrote:When I saw the headline I thought "Kate, Fiona and Jane". 
Duh

I think it can be expressed another way.
They have a serious interest in ensuring that the case is NOT solved.
Probably !

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lj on 20.10.14 18:58

PeterMac wrote:
lj wrote:When I saw the headline I thought "Kate, Fiona and Jane". 
Duh

I think it can be expressed another way.
They have a serious interest in ensuring that the case is NOT solved.
Probably !
It's Monday morning, I am taking it easy ....  winkwink

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

lj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum