The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Mm11

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Mm11

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Regist10

Gerry's fake passport photo

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Empty Re: Gerry's fake passport photo

Post by palm tree 15.10.14 12:24

Agree, it's a important document but still begs the question of the smile (gm) and side on (km), afaik, would not be accepted for a passport.
IMO

Activity : 368

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 15.10.14 12:28

I recall the passport photos being discussed previously, and it was mentioned that smiling and 3/4 photos were allowed in the past. This is an old photo of Gerry, perhaps due for renewal - I don't remember if the last was true or no.

Snifferdog

Activity : 1039

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.10.14 12:31

I've got several old passports where I'm smiling.
pennylane

Activity : 4406

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 15.10.14 12:36

Snifferdog wrote:I recall the passport photos being discussed previously, and it was mentioned that smiling and 3/4 photos were allowed in the past. This is an old photo of Gerry, perhaps due for renewal - I don't remember if the last was true or no.

Absolutely, in my previous passport I am 3/4 on and smiling, as Kate was. That was the recommended way to get a good passport photo - the rules changed something like five years ago.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.10.14 12:37

palm tree wrote:Agree, it's a important document but still begs the question of the smile (gm) and side on (km), afaik, would not be accepted for a passport.
IMO
You must be quite young palm tree.  They used to allow fully smiling photos, and were very easy to please once upon a time.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.10.14 12:40

pennylane wrote:I've got several old passports where I'm smiling.
So have I....I still look too sick to travel though titter
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet 15.10.14 12:41

Amazing holograms DeeCoy that can create big black nostrils and big white teeth. As for "why would McCann present a false document to the police" - McCann does what he likes as everyone knows.
juliet
juliet

Activity : 609

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.10.14 12:43

aquila wrote:
Oh bless! laughat
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 15.10.14 12:46

pennylane wrote:
aquila wrote:
Oh bless! laughat
It's an old joke....if you look anything like your passport photo you're too sick to travel.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by pennylane 15.10.14 12:52

aquila wrote:
pennylane wrote:
aquila wrote:
Oh bless! laughat
It's an old joke....if you look anything like your passport photo you're too sick to travel.
Yes there's some humdingers around. 

I have a funny one from the 70's where I was looking skywards due to being distracted when the photo booth snapped it. Still got accepted though, but I got teased rotten at the airports.
pennylane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.10.14 13:00

juliet wrote:Amazing holograms DeeCoy that can create big black nostrils and big white teeth. As for "why would McCann present a false document to the police" - McCann does what he likes as everyone knows.

Trust me, these are perfectly normal distortions. I've seen similar dozens of times within my line of work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Empty Grinning Gerry...

Post by missbeetle 16.10.14 22:39

Cheers for your considered input, Dee Coy.

Some other passport photos from the P J files for comparison of hologram effects :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(snipped from the mccannpjfiles, with many thanks)

Second picture across may account for Gerry's big nostrils - shamrocked!

Gerry's teeth just don't look right to me, though... His whole mouth looks peculiar.

Maybe he was wearing braces and his mouth got very dry and his top lip got stuck to his gums...?

Gerald's was the only toothy smile I could see of all the passport photographs on file.

All just my thoughts and opinions...

PS. I found this picture which seems to be the design for the hologram/lamination/embossing used :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(snipped from Flickr/The Laird of Oldham, with thanks)

missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17.10.14 0:43

Thanks, missbeetle. There's numerous different 'issues' of passports, too. They change the security features regularly, so unless you know which images should manifest for which edition, it can be confusing.

For anyone in doubt, take your passport and photocopy the photo page. You might be surprised at how you appear to customs men! laughat
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 17.10.14 9:59

I didn't want to post on this thread as it will send it back to top of page, but must say I agree with Aiyoyo.

What is the point of it, it clearly looks like Mr. to me and as Aiyoyo said why would he give a false passport to cops?   If the cops thought it was fake, wouldn't they have done something about it by now?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 17.10.14 10:14

aquila wrote:

big grin Ditto.

Snifferdog

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo 17.10.14 10:55

plebgate wrote:
 What is the point of it, it clearly looks like Mr. to me and as Aiyoyo said why would he give a false passport to cops?   If the cops thought it was fake, wouldn't they have done something about it by now?

Forgery is a serious crime, especially if it involves an official travel document issued by Her Majesty Authority. One would not do it unless it is absolutely necessary and only if it serves a purpose.  

To even entertain that - that it might be a fake/a forgery - you would have to ask or look at the possible advantageous to Gerry for him to have done that? Why, what for, and this and that. 

And if you can't even arrive at one possible reasonable plausible point on why he would resort to knowingly commit an offence of forgery, further compounding the serious offence by giving it to the very Investigators investigating his missing daughter.  That's unthinkable beyond words.

To even suggest cunning self-serving Gerry (of all people) would be so stupid to do such a stupid thing that won't serve his purpose whatsoever, except to knowingly put himself in trouble with the law is simply ludicrous beyond words.

If people wish to discuss the peculiarities of photos there is already an existing thread on photos in general.
aiyoyo
aiyoyo

Activity : 10084

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 17.10.14 12:15

I think perhaps the difference between the photo and Gerry as we know him now, is that this is back when he was young and happy. He isn't sneering,  duping delight or trying to mask any internal fear or disquiet.  It is a broad, open mouthed smile in my opinion, genuinely happy. Although there are several pictures very soon after Madeleine disappeared of the pair laughing and joking, Gerry has already adopted that superior sneer. Imo he looks genuinely different in demeanour in the passport photo but not in his basic facial appearance.
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 17.10.14 12:17

Ps and as Deecoy said, the hologram is distorting his face slightly and making his chin appear more rounded, which in turn slightly alters the appearance of his mouth
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog 17.10.14 12:40

nglfi wrote:I think perhaps the difference between the photo and Gerry as we know him now, is that this is back when he was young and happy. He isn't sneering,  duping delight or trying to mask any internal fear or disquiet.  It is a broad, open mouthed smile in my opinion, genuinely happy. Although there are several pictures very soon after Madeleine disappeared of the pair laughing and joking, Gerry has already adopted that superior sneer. Imo he looks genuinely different in demeanour in the passport photo but not in his basic facial appearance.

An interesting hypothesis nglfi, for me, a persons spirit is visible in their face, especially as they get older, and the personality becomes defined by the muscles most often used, forming the persons habitual expression, becoming more permanent with time.

Snifferdog

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 17.10.14 17:33

Snifferdog wrote:
nglfi wrote:I think perhaps the difference between the photo and Gerry as we know him now, is that this is back when he was young and happy. He isn't sneering,  duping delight or trying to mask any internal fear or disquiet.  It is a broad, open mouthed smile in my opinion, genuinely happy. Although there are several pictures very soon after Madeleine disappeared of the pair laughing and joking, Gerry has already adopted that superior sneer. Imo he looks genuinely different in demeanour in the passport photo but not in his basic facial appearance.

An interesting hypothesis nglfi, for me, a persons spirit is visible in their face, especially as they get older, and the personality becomes defined by the muscles most often used, forming the persons habitual expression, becoming more permanent with time.
I completely agree, I think you can really tell what the McCanns are up to by their expressions. Of course, pros would say their faces are just careworn from what they have 'been through'
nglfi

Back to top Go down

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Empty Passport photographs...

Post by missbeetle 17.10.14 20:23

I can't seem to find the passport pictures or details of the Tapas Seven characters in the Portuguese police files.

I might not be looking in the right place, though.

Any ideas?

Another question is would Gerry be eligible for an Irish passport, given his Donegal ancestry?

missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus T 17.10.14 20:42

Yes, Gerry would be eligible for an Irish passport, as his father was born in Ireland.
Rufus T
Rufus T

Activity : 312

Back to top Go down

Gerry's fake passport photo - Page 1 Empty Forgeries...

Post by missbeetle 18.10.14 0:34

aiyoyo wrote:
plebgate wrote:

Forgery is a serious crime, especially if it involves an official travel document issued by Her Majesty Authority. One would not do it unless it is absolutely necessary and only if it serves a purpose.  

To even entertain that - that it might be a fake/a forgery - you would have to ask or look at the possible advantageous to Gerry for him to have done that? Why, what for, and this and that. 

And if you can't even arrive at one possible reasonable plausible point on why he would resort to knowingly commit an offence of forgery, further compounding the serious offence by giving it to the very Investigators investigating his missing daughter.  That's unthinkable beyond words.

To even suggest cunning self-serving Gerry (of all people) would be so stupid to do such a stupid thing that won't serve his purpose whatsoever, except to knowingly put himself in trouble with the law is simply ludicrous beyond words.

If people wish to discuss the peculiarities of photos there is already an existing thread on photos in general.

With respect, Aiyoyo, I don't think Gerry laying a false paper trail - or having it laid for him - is all that ludicrous an idea.

It is my belief that the disappearance of Madeleine was a planned event with many players...

...faked passports are not unknown in the world of spies, gangsters and jet-setting paedophiles - Roderick Robinson, for example.

It could be that the 'clean-up' operation in Praia da Luz involved slightly altered identities and passports -

- before Madeleine could be announced to be missing.

Who could've arranged such things?

A helpful local?

Gerry's got some powerful interests behind his story...

...so I myself would not rule it out.

missbeetle

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 18.10.14 2:23

There can be no denying the passport photos are jaw-droppingly weird.

But I think what we see there are two individuals who think the normal rules don't apply to them. That is a very important context.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 18.10.14 7:12

Okeydokey wrote:
There can be no denying the passport photos are jaw-droppingly weird.

But I think what we see there are two individuals who think the normal rules don't apply to them. That is a very important context.

That's the thing:   The background and mind-set of the main 'players'.

They can't move outside their own heads which is why we end up with documents such as KH1 and with GM saying a High Court Judge is corrupt because he does not adhere to the Leveson recommendations.

Btw where is that transcript? Something to read when one needs cheering up.. laughat

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top