The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Assumptions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Assumptions

Post by kimHager on 17.10.14 18:37

So well put HelenMeg. Makes me wonder if Gerry had any idea at the depth and direction of that anger.Kate refers to a "him" in bewk who has that anger...also im reminded that she became mrs.mccann "that" day.To me that suggests she had to become a united front with Gerry more out of necessity than want.I only.can speculate at all the innuendo and truths filled in closely with all the lies.

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on 17.10.14 19:45

@kimHager wrote:So well put HelenMeg. Makes me wonder if Gerry had any idea at the depth and direction of that anger.Kate refers to a "him" in bewk who has that anger...also im reminded that she became mrs.mccann "that" day.To me that suggests she had to become a united front with Gerry more out of necessity than want.I only.can speculate at all the innuendo and truths filled in closely with all the lies.
Yes Kim - i think that's a good point - she became 'Mrs Mc Cann' - probably part of the PR - better look united and strong and a loving family

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Snifferdog on 18.10.14 9:25

Some interesting thoughts on the case here, and very plausable about Ks motives for including the vivid paedophile imaginings in her book.
Imo I have come to a conclusion it was included and aimed at certain individual(s), to remind to keep up the high level protection - or else.

I don't believe though, that M was killed during an argument, as this scenario does not explain the high level of political, royal, big business, media, and zleb involvement.

Snifferdog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 18.10.14 10:31

No snifferdog your right.There in lies the biggest mystery of all imo.Id venture to say some very high up ppl are involved in some low lying activities that,involve children.Of.course we know that it may all never come out but regardless madeleine is why we are here and just to see closure and justice are enough for now.I dont think her death was a result of an accident either ,that would be no reason for such massive coverup. JMO.

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 18.10.14 17:53

@LombardySkeptik wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Excerpt from Kate's bewk:

The idea of a monster like this touching my daughter, stroking her, defiling her perfect little body, just killed me, over and over again. It didn't make any difference that this might not be the explanation for Madeleine's abduction (and, please God, it isn't); the fact that it was a possibility was enough to prevent me from shutting it out of my mind. Tortured as I was by these nauseating images, it's probably not surprising that even the thought of sex repulsed me.
I would lie in bed, hating the person who had done this to us; the person who had taken away our little girl and terrified her; the person who had caused these additional problems for me and the man I loved. I hated him. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to inflict the maximum pain possible on him for heaping all this misery on my family. I was angry and bitter and I wanted it all to go away. I wanted my old life back.
the man I loved. I hated him. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to inflict the maximum pain possible on him for heaping all this misery on my family.
Could be only odd wording but 'additional problems'?  It does create some rather horrendous thoughts doesn't it.

ETA:  This woman does seem to have a very volatile temperament.  IMO if anything sinister was going on she was aware and complicit with the aftermath clean up operation, so to speak.

Rather -- this is the writing of a seriously disturbed woman - voyeuristic beyond compare...which actually makes me think even worse of her

What strikes me as interesting is the use of the word PERSON.

Given she claims abduction by paedophile who would in all likelihood be a man, why does she use the gender neutral non identifying PERSON?

Person is used to conceal the identity of someone, most often seen when the subject knows the identity of whoever is being discussed and does not want to identify them/

Expected would be MAN

She uses the term MONSTER in relation to touching Maddie but look what  she uses as a demonstrative pronoun, she uses the word THIS.

This is close, that is distancing.

She places herself close to the monster that is defiling her daughter which is unexpected.

it's probably not surprising that even the thought of sex repulsed me. I would lie in bed, hating the person who had done this to us
;
I read this and it makes me think she is referring to either herself or gerry.

Sex with gerry repulsed her and she hates the person who made her feel like that.

Did gerry do something to Maddie that repulsed her enough that she couldn't have sex with him?

the person who had caused these additional problems for me and the man I loved.

hee she tells us there were problems between her and gerry ( despite the fact she claims they never fight and are stronger than ever)

It would fit in with the make or break vacation stories that were floating around.

I would ask what problems did you and gerry have before the vacation?

What are the additional problems  caused by Maddie going missing?

Do the additional problems include being suspected of the murder, concealment of a corpse and filing a false police report?
Did they think there would be no police investigation?
Did they think they would have a quickie interview and nothing else?

She refers firstly to the person who did this (gender and identity concealed)
yet look when person suddenly becomes HIM

the man I loved. I hated him. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to inflict the maximum pain possible on him for heaping all this misery on my family.
The person becomes a him immediately after she says the MAN I loved.
Note also she says the man i LOVED not the man i LOVE
This would lead me to ask if she no longer loves him?
Is she referring to gerry?

It would fit in perfectly with her following words, that she hated him, she wanted to kill him, she wanted to inflict the maximum pain on him for the misery on MY family not OUR family

I was angry and bitter and I wanted it all to go away. I wanted my old life back.
What old life does she refer to?
The life she had before she met gerry?
The life she had before she had the children?
Notice she says MY old life and not OUR old life
My is personal and singular, she doesn't include her family in this statement, it is all about her.

Is she leaking regret about the choices she made?
The life she could have had not the life she has?

It seems she blames gerry for what happened.
Did he do the deed or was he the catalyst?

We know kate has anger management issues, she reveals thses in her statements, she is always fruious, angry, feeling hate, wishing harm.
Was Maddie the victim of a sudden loss of temper?
Was Maddie the scapegoat who once gone, everything would be perfect?

The brain knows the truth and seeks to speak it.
Kate is literally and figuratively losing her marbles

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 18.10.14 18:26

Hobs!!! Awesome post! You put alot of thoughts i had into words!

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 18.10.14 19:25

And lots of thoughts that I have had and never been able to post about.  sad

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 18.10.14 20:08

@Hobs wrote:
@LombardySkeptik wrote:
Gollum wrote:

The idea of a monster like this touching my daughter, stroking her, defiling her perfect little body, just killed me, over and over again. It didn't make any difference that this might not be the explanation for Madeleine's abduction (and, please God, it isn't); the fact that it was a possibility was enough to prevent me from shutting it out of my mind. Tortured as I was by these nauseating images, it's probably not surprising that even the thought of sex repulsed me.
I would lie in bed, hating the person who had done this to us; the person who had taken away our little girl and terrified her; the person who had caused these additional problems for me and the man I loved. I hated him. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to inflict the maximum pain possible on him for heaping all this misery on my family. I was angry and bitter and I wanted it all to go away. I wanted my old life back.
Could be only odd wording but 'additional problems'?  It does create some rather horrendous thoughts doesn't it.

ETA:  This woman does seem to have a very volatile temperament.  IMO if anything sinister was going on she was aware and complicit with the aftermath clean up operation, so to speak.

Rather -- this is the writing of a seriously disturbed woman - voyeuristic beyond compare...which actually makes me think even worse of her

Given she claims abduction by paedophile who would in all likelihood be a man, why does she use the gender neutral non identifying PERSON?

Person is used to conceal the identity of someone, most often seen when the subject knows the identity of whoever is being discussed and does not want to identify them/

Expected would be MAN

She uses the term MONSTER in relation to touching Maddie but look what  she uses as a demonstrative pronoun, she uses the word THIS.

She places herself close to the monster that is defiling her daughter which is unexpected.

it's probably not surprising that even the thought of sex repulsed me. I would lie in bed, hating the person who had done this to us
;

Sex with gerry repulsed her and she hates the person who made her feel like that.

Did gerry do something to Maddie that repulsed her enough that she couldn't have sex with him?

hee she tells us there were problems between her and gerry ( despite the fact she claims they never fight and are stronger than ever)

It would fit in with the make or break vacation stories that were floating around.

Do the additional problems include being suspected of the murder, concealment of a corpse and filing a false police report?

It would fit in perfectly with her following words, that she hated him, she wanted to kill him, she wanted to inflict the maximum pain on him for the misery on MY family not OUR family

I was angry and bitter and I wanted it all to go away. I wanted my old life back.
My is personal and singular, she doesn't include her family in this statement, it is all about her.

We know kate has anger management issues, she reveals thses in her statements, she is always fruious, angry, feeling hate, wishing harm.

Spot on, Hobs
Brilliant post

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 18.10.14 22:43

Possibly a leap in logic but I'm reminded of Susan Smith, who drowned her two sons because she wanted to have a relationship with someone outside her marriage who did not want children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith

Not claiming all similarities here, but the idea of someone who is already on the brink of emotional impairment removing what they perceive to be the cause of a rift between herself and the man she loves does come to mind.

Is it possible Madeleine was at the centre of many turbulent times in the McCann household, and K believed at some point that the only way of saving her marriage was to remove the reason for the turbulence? Just my opinion.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cockerspaniel on 19.10.14 14:34

@Hobs wrote:
@LombardySkeptik wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Expected would be MAN

;

Yes, good post Hobbs. To me Kate does appear to be writing about someone she knows knows, be it GM or DP.

cockerspaniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 19.10.14 14:38

@Hobs wrote:
@LombardySkeptik wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Expected would be MAN

;

Great post.

I've known a few people who have been in very dysfunctional relationships. 

I think that what can happen is that the less 'disturbed' of the pair goes into a kind of denial. Maybe they selected someone really difficult because s/he reminds them of their father/mother. This is what they are used to. They are recreating their history. But in a vain hope that they will be able to 'change' that person. So un-do the damage that was done while they were growing up, maybe.

As the drama repeats itself - only this time with a partner rather than a parent -  the person at some level knows that the 'perfect marriage/happy family' is an illusion. The husband/wife is an addict/psychopath/narcissist/abusive/deviant. But they cannot accept this and cut losses. To do so they would be obliged to delve into why they had made such a poor choice of spouse in the first place. In other words to explore their demons from the past.

So that person develops an 'ostrich' approach. I think this is what KM has done. GM I personally think is quite far along on a spectrum of psychological pathologies. Kate is less so, imo, but I still think she is narcissistic and very emotionally immature.

Perhaps KM regrets that she didn't take heed of the gossip that she had heard about Gerry - his reputation as a 'ladies' man, as she writes in her book. His 'jack the lad' image that she writes made her keep her distance initially. 

Maybe there was other gossip too? Who knows?

I have always suspected that the pair had an idealistic  vision of what having children would be like. The fantasy did not live up the reality. Add to this the long struggle to conceive, then a baby with colic. Then a very difficult pregnancy with twins. And the reality of having twins to cope with when you have another child who is still only 20 months.

Madeleine I suspect turned into the family scapegoat. Especially when a 'ready-made' family of boy and girl twins came along. 

Easier to 'pin the blame' for all your problems on an innocent child rather than have to look long and hard at yourself, your marriage and your (deeply disappointing) spouse.

IMO!

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 19.10.14 14:44

Kate in her book on page 351:

"The awful sense of Madeleine's fear I once experienced every waking hour has, however, eased a little. What remains is a lasting awareness of the terror she would've felt in the disorientating moment she first opened her eyes to find herself with a stranger. I cannot imagine this will ever fade completely."

That's what happened, imo.

I hate writing that. But they've all told us what happened over and over again.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sammyc on 19.10.14 20:24

@j.rob wrote:Kate in her book on page 351:

"The awful sense of Madeleine's fear I once experienced every waking hour has, however, eased a little. What remains is a lasting awareness of the terror she would've felt in the disorientating moment she first opened her eyes to find herself with a stranger. I cannot imagine this will ever fade completely."

Not having read the book j.rob the sentence in bold has quite disturbed me.

sammyc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 19.10.14 21:44

@sammyc wrote:
@j.rob wrote:Kate in her book on page 351:

Not having read the book j.rob the sentence in bold has quite disturbed me.

J.rob -
I too am disturbed by that passage, but this "]fear]eased a little"
would such fear really ever ease?

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 19.10.14 22:09

That passage doesnt sound true to me...would a parents fear ever ease??unless perhaps this happened in 5a but then it supports the abduction theory.It woyld only be true.if she.awoke in her own bed and was kulled by.an abductor, however that doesnt explain all the cover up.I dont think maddy was abducted.Just my opinion

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 19.10.14 22:13

@kimHager wrote:That passage doesnt sound true to me...would a parents fear ever ease??unless perhaps this happened in 5a but then it supports the abduction theory.It woyld only be true.if she.awoke in her own bed and was kulled by.an abductor, however that doesnt explain all the cover up.I dont think maddy was abducted.Just my opinion
Not many people left on this planet KimHanger who do blv she was abducted.
Even BHH let slip "murder"  even the new prosecutor in Portugal is an EXPERT in HOMICIDE
x

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 19.10.14 22:21

I think i misunderstood j.rob's comment when posted " thats what happened imo" as to mean that believed the abduction and believed maddy awoke terrified with a stranger.

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 20.10.14 12:40

@kimHager wrote:That passage doesnt sound true to me...would a parents fear ever ease??unless perhaps this happened in 5a but then it supports the abduction theory.It woyld only be true.if she.awoke in her own bed and was kulled by.an abductor, however that doesnt explain all the cover up.I dont think maddy was abducted.Just my opinion

Perhaps I was  little ambiguous. I do not support the abduction by a stranger theory as advanced by the McCanns. However as they themselves flagged up the paedo word as a possible motive for what happened to her, I think it is possible that Madeleine woke up when someone entered the room and disturbed her. Leaving her perhaps highly distressed. That 'someone' could (possibly) have been a stranger to her but not, imo, a complete stranger to the Mcs and their  circle of friends. May not have been a stranger to Madeleine of course. 

There is a video of an interview done shortly after Madeleine disappeared where Kate becomes quite distressed over the incident whereby Madeleine woke up. While in the book, Kate downplays this and writes that Madeleine was not upset and 'just moved on', I think this is yet another of those examples of where Kate's brain leaks important information, but she puts her own spin on it and 'sanitizes' it. GM has tried hard to downplay this incident too.

I have a suspicion that someone/several people did enter Madeleine's room (possible on different occasions) . Madeleine woke up on one of these occasions  and was highly distressed (possibly the hour and a half of crying as overheard by Mrs Fenn, but the incident could have happened prior to this, but Madeleine was left very distressed even days afterwards possibly.)

Kate I think was on the holiday from hell. Gerry was holding court with his mates, eye-balling the curvy quiz mistress and generally being an alpha male with his mates. KM being left to deal with two toddlers and a nearly four year old.

A highly distressed Madeleine was perhaps the final straw. Fueled by alcohol, hatred for the 'situation she found herself in' and the demands of very young children, she lost the plot. Did not have the time, inclination or want to have to deal with the implications of what had disturbed Madeleine so badly. Did not, or could not 'go there' as it opened up such a hideous can of worms.

The implications of all this are horrible, I know. 

But there are reasons why babies and children cry a lot, act out or are deeply distressed. Despite Gerry's glib words about Madeleine being very articulate, if Madeleine had been highly distressed by an incident, you could not possibly expect a nearly-four year old to be able to articulate this. The response would be highly emotional. It might take weeks, months even years to sort out something like that. 

A child vanishes in suspicious circumstances. The parents insist she has been abducted.

Yeah, right.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 20.10.14 12:49

the man I loved. I hated him. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to inflict the maximum pain possible on him for heaping all this misery on my family.
-------

The dark bruises on Kate's hands, wrists and forearms that she writes about in her book?

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 20.10.14 13:00

Is it possible Madeleine was at the centre of many turbulent times in the McCann household, and K believed at some point that the only way of saving her marriage was to remove the reason for the turbulence? Just my opinion.

Yes, that is what I think. The McCanns struggled to have a child naturally. Had to use IVF. This alone can put serious strain on a relationship. Madeleine cried a lot for the first four months and did not sleep. When Kate became pregnant with the twins, Madeleine would still have only been eleven months old. And she had a very difficult pregnancy.

All of this would have been very stressful.

Then the reality of dealing with a 20 month year old, when you have boy and girl twin newborns. And Madeleine would have demanded extra attention, which would be entirely normal.

And the couple appear to have had very little help - either paid or otherwise - with childcare.  When, imo, they probably desperately needed a lot of extra help.

A theory only.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 20.10.14 16:39

@j.rob wrote:Is it possible Madeleine was at the centre of many turbulent times in the McCann household, and K believed at some point that the only way of saving her marriage was to remove the reason for the turbulence? Just my opinion.

Yes, that is what I think. The McCanns struggled to have a child naturally. Had to use IVF. This alone can put serious strain on a relationship. Madeleine cried a lot for the first four months and did not sleep. When Kate became pregnant with the twins, Madeleine would still have only been eleven months old. And she had a very difficult pregnancy.

All of this would have been very stressful.

Then the reality of dealing with a 20 month year old, when you have boy and girl twin newborns. And Madeleine would have demanded extra attention, which would be entirely normal.

And the couple appear to have had very little help - either paid or otherwise - with childcare.  When, imo, they probably desperately needed a lot of extra help.

A theory only.
This would explain the constant visits by family when they had a spare day or two, even to flying down to help with the childcare.

Was it a case of kate not being trusted to be left alone with the children  for any length of time resulting in a veritable conveyor belt of family, friends and even the nursery workers being roped in to help with child care?

Why not hire a nanny or au pair?

Was it because it would cost money?

It is clear the marriage was in both financual difficulty and marital difficulty  before the vacation.

Was this the last straw and kate snapped?

It would go someway to explain why payne visited kate if he did, he was making sure the children were still safe perhaps?

Is the reason the medical records were refused to be handed over because of what they would reveal?

A possible motive?

Ditto for the bank records.

I do wonder though, if the mccanns had travel insuarance and if so, did they try and claim on it?

if they did, was it allowed or denied?

If they did, what did they claim?

If they got a payment, what was it paid out on?

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum