The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

McCann internet 'troll-hunting' site deleted after death

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCann internet 'troll-hunting' site deleted after death

Post by Gillyspot on 06.10.14 15:59

Monday 06 October 2014           

After the death of a woman who targeted the McCann family with online abuse, Channel 4 News finds a website that has assembled 27 dossiers on people it claims post "McCann hate".

Brenda Leyland, 63, from Burton Overy, Leicestershire, was said to be a "troll" who had targeted the McCanns with abusive messages on Twitter, and was found dead in a hotel on Saturday.

This was after a Sky News reporter confronted her outside her home last week. It is thought that Sky News may have used a dossier gathered by supporters of the McCanns to help them identify and find Leyland.
Channel 4 News has established that supporters of the McCann family have assembled at least 27 dossiers on both anonymous "trolls" and on those who are perceived to be "anti-McCann".

There is no indication at all of the McCanns being involved in or endorsing this activity themselves.

Gerry McCann last week told the BBC: "Clearly something needs to be done about the abuse on the internet. I'm glad to say that there have been a number of people where police have taken action."

The Metropolitan Police is investigating the 80-page dossier that catalogues the "hate campaign" against the McCann family, which includes threats against their children.

Troll-hunter site

The dossiers found by Channel 4 News have been created over a period of a number of years about online internet trolls who have targeted the McCanns.
They are hosted on a Wikipedia-style site called "Mccann Hate Exposed". It was removed from the web sometime in the past week.

Channel 4 News has seen archived copies of some page on the site that catalogue online abuse against the McCann family made by Twitter users.
The site seeks to track usernames and identities across the web, noting what usernames each person is using on sites including YouTube and web forums, and it includes details about their life in the real world.

The information in the dossiers names and unmasks some of the people who criticise or attack the McCanns.

The owners of the site have yet to respond to attempts made to contact them.

'Sweepyface'

A dossier about Leyland's account "Sweepyface" was hosted on the Wiki site, but i i's unclear if this is the same dossier that was handed to the police or the same information that was used by Sky News.

When Leyland was confronted by the Sky News reporter, it was put to her that she had posted messages attacking the family. She replied: "I'm entitled to do that."

The tweets levelled serious criticisms of the McCanns' behaviour following the disappearance of their daughter, as well as abuse directed at the couple.
One tweet allegedly posted by @Sweepyface, believed to be Leyland's Twitter account name, said the McCanns had "never had it so good".
Sky News issued a statement that says: "We were saddened to hear of the death of Brenda Leyland. It would be inappropriate to speculate or comment further at this time."
A Leicestershire Police spokeswoman said: "Ms Leyland's death is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the Coroner.

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry will not be saying anything. It is entirely a matter for the police."

http://www.channel4.com/news/mccann-internet-troll-hunting-site-deleted-after-death

Hello Jayelles, Muratfan - I hope you are happy with your years & years of work/stalking . RIP Brenda boohoo

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McCann internet 'troll-hunting' site deleted after death

Post by Brian Griffin on 06.10.14 16:30

Now would be a very good time to locate as many of these troll hunter sites as possible and report them to their service providers or Blogger or whoever hosts them.

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.14 16:40

Starting with Muratfan's 'watching the trolls' blog http://watchingthetrolls.blogspot.co.uk/

What other troll hunting websites are there?

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown on 06.10.14 16:45

that troll watch hunter site I find terrible, to post this after someone has just taken her life for being hounded:

POLICE TO MAKE ARRESTS IN McCANN TROLL INVESTIGATION

The Metropolitan Police will be requesting other county forces, to arrest and interview up to ten known internet trolls, who have been attacking the McCann family.
 The trolls, mainly female, can expect to have officers turn up, within 2-3 weeks.
No comments: Links to this post
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

I imagine they couldnt possibly have been told that information, the police do not 'share' what their intentions are, they just merely say we will investigate. Total scaremongering

thetruthbeknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 06.10.14 16:47

Oh, and copy the website in its entirety first, should proof be required at a later date.

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 06.10.14 17:14

One of the worst. Posts up photos of "haters" http://tonybennettmfblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Admin please remove if this is too bad.

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 06.10.14 18:33

@admin wrote:Starting with Muratfan's 'watching the trolls' blog http://watchingthetrolls.blogspot.co.uk/

What other troll hunting websites are there?
It looks like "Muratfan's" identity has come to light.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gillyspot on 06.10.14 18:43

We already knew who MF was TBH. He is proud of his stalking of McCann doubters. Just read his

twitter timeline http://greptweet.com/u/muratfan/muratfan.txt

Gillyspot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 06.10.14 21:51

http://watchingthetrolls.blogspot.pt/2014/10/pictures-of-worst-trolls-to-attack.html

Although i am now blocked from viewing it   (I wonder why)  since i had an honorable mention on it

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian on 06.10.14 21:56

I could access muratfan's blog earlier this evening but now I can't.

Mind you, people would pay good money not to read anything of his, so I'm not complaining.

Marian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Synes on 06.10.14 22:04

I believe "watching the trolls" has been deleted

Synes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.14 22:05

@Synes wrote:I believe "watching the trolls" has been deleted
Not deleted, it's just been hidden.

Muratfan is a bit scared right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Synes on 06.10.14 22:08

Ah I stand corrected, it's not on the list of blogs so I assumed it had gone, shame it still exists, it was a horrible disturbing read and should be removed by blogger.

Synes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.14 22:14

Stop the Myths has gone into hiding too http://stopthemyths.prophpbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 06.10.14 22:18

To coin a phrase.. they appear to be bricking it.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 06.10.14 22:42

@admin wrote:
@Synes wrote:I believe "watching the trolls" has been deleted
Not deleted, it's just been hidden.

Muratfan is a bit scared right now.
 You can still see the cached version if you know how to use Google...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DOui_7gjuNIJ:watchingthetrolls.blogspot.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Someone should grab a screencap....

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.14 22:45

WHO IS TO BLAME FOR THE DEATH OF BRENDA LEYLAND?

Deepest Sympathies to Brenda's Family And Friends 

As usual the hater trolls seem to be blaming everyone but those responsible for the unfortunate death of Brenda Leyland. They seem to think that Sky News, Martin Brunt, the people who passed the dossier onto the Police and even Kate and Gerry McCann are to blame for her death. However the trolls should look closer to home, in their own mirrors.

The trolls themselves should take a good look at themselves, the same trolls who egged on people to write such venomous postings over and over again, not thinking of the consequences, when they were going to be exposed.The same trolls who again and again repeated the same lies and the same bile.

So who are the main ones who should accept the blame...

FIRST, Anthony (Tony) Bennett,  he is the one who launched tirade after tirade, using many ID's on a forum to post bile, lies and smear the McCann family and accuse them of murdering Madeleine. This same person convinced vulnerable people that it was okay to keep posting lies, innuendos, smears and threats, because as he told them...the law was on their side and the McCanns could do nothing. How wrong was he...always egging people on to do these vile posts, but to scared to do it himself, because he knew it was against the law.
This is a person who claims to have been a Solicitor, yet knows nothing of the law.

SECOND, Liz Taylor, The owner and Admin of the vile troll page that is the Madeleine McCann  Controversy Facebook page. She also encouraged people to keep posting threats to kill, threats to harm and hurt the McCann twins. They should have learned with the Sheila Basher  Affair, when she threatened to shoot Kate McCann. Did they condemn the woman? No they blamed everyone else for taking it out of context.....yeah saying you will shoot someone is taking it out of context.

THIRD... Jill Havern, Owner of the hate filled bile site called The Complete Mystery Of Madeleine McCann. This woman also encouraged hate, lies and threats to go unchecked on her site. When people complained, she simply deleted the members, ironically calling them trolls.

FOURTH..., Deborah Butler,  Never have I seen someone with so much hate aimed at a family. You would think that herself being exposed as a stalker of the McCann family would of put her off. No, she stepped up her campaign of hatred, again egging others on to do the same.

THOSE FOUR ARE THE MAIN INSTIGATORS IN ENCOURAGING THE TROLLS TO ISSUE THREATS TO THE McCANN FAMILY...

THOSE FOUR ARE THE PEOPLE WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS, THOSE FOUR SHOULD BE MADE TO BE PUNISHED FOR DRIVING A OLD WOMAN TO COMMIT SUICIDE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.14 22:45

POLICE TO MAKE ARRESTS IN McCANN TROLL INVESTIGATION

The Metropolitan Police will be requesting other county forces, to arrest and interview up to ten known internet trolls, who have been attacking the McCann family.
 The trolls, mainly female, can expect to have officers turn up, within 2-3 weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 06.10.14 22:48

BRENDA LEYLAND

6 comments: Links to this post
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

PICTURES OF THE WORST TROLLS TO ATTACK THE McCANN FAMILY

I make no bones about posting the photographs of the worst trolls, that hurl vile abuse at the McCann family.

CARLY DUNHAM...THE WORST ONE YET

LIZ MARTIN, WHO CLAIMS TO BE A CARE MANAGER

EX POLICE SUPERINTENDENT FROM NOTTINGHAMSHIRE POLICE
PETER MacLEOD

TANIA CADOGAN  KNOWN AS HOBBS

SHEILA BASHER.. THE WOMAN WHO THREATENED TO SHOOT KATE McCANN.

LIZ TAYLOR, ADMIN AND OWNER OF THE SICK VILE FACEBOOK GROUP, THAT SEEM THEY CAN ATTACK THE McCANN FAMILY

ROSALINDA HUTTON, APPARENTLY AN AUTHOR

FRANCIS GALLAGHER KNOWN AS BLONDIE AND FOXYLADY ON TWITTER IN WHICH SHE ATTACKS THE McCANNS

DEBORAH (DEBBIE) BUTLER, KNOWN AS @iwillnotgoaway ON TWITTER.

ANTHONY BENNETT, LEADER OF ALL THE TROLLS AND ENCOURAGES THE TROLLS TO ATTACK THE McCANN FAMILY.

THIS MAN HAS BEEN CONVICTED IN COURT OF LYING, HE IS ON A COURT ORDER TO NOT REPEAT LIBEL

JILL HAVERN, OWNER OF A WEBSITE AND DISCUSSION FORUM ATTACKING THE McCANN FAMILY

SHARON BRADFORD, SEEN HERE GIVING OUT LEAFLETS ACCUSING THE McCANNS

2 comments:

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.10.14 23:00

I can't post the link but on the front page of tomorrow's METRO, it states that "McCanns [sic] Troll send over 4000 tweets in a year. Well, that puts Pamela Gurney way ahead with HER tweets. Over tens of thousand tweets, when all of her sock ids are added together. Gurney could knock up over a thousand tweets a week. Now THAT takes some doing.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 06.10.14 23:38

My goodness - what an absolutely hate-filled, twisted entity that site is. Is it run by muratfan?  I hope the police take note as to who the real `haters` are as opposed to merely `skeptics`.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 06.10.14 23:45

Night all

I hope I don't wake up to more devastating news that an INNOCENT person is dead.xxx  If I do then I going to find myself a place in the sun with no internet access

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 07.10.14 0:02

@Dont Make Me Laff wrote:Night all

I hope I don't wake up to more devastating news that an INNOCENT person is dead.xxx  If I do then I going to find myself a place in the sun with no internet access

Don't forget, according to Clarence the Tapas 9 were in a place with no mobile phone access - at least he assured us none of them had mobile phones with them that night...but then he also assured us they had no watches with them...

Is it trolling to remind Clarence of such statements?

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum