The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Martin Brunt Confronts Twitter "Troll"

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.10.14 20:22

@Jauna Loca wrote:This [tweet from Brenda Leyland about dying in unusal circumstances] doing the rounds all day on Twitter. Wonder if she stumbled on something close to THE TRUTH and that's why sh'e been hounded, literally to death.
I have thought about this.

I have examined a fair selection of her tweets.

Many of the topics she covered, e.g. the blue bag, the buggy, the boot of the Scenic being open etc. etc. are topics covered in much greater depth here on CMOMM. Yet we were not targeted. Her unsubtantiated speculation about Gordon Brown and Tony Blair, such as it was, is only repeating things that have been on the internet for two or three decades. So it wasn't any of that.

There is only one thing I can think of that Brenda ever brougtht up that might have brought her to the attention of e.g. MI5 and Special Branch etc.  

She claimed that she had discovered Any Tierney's Twitter account. The person behind that Twitter account, said Brenda, had admitted to being a 'swinger'.

Now just suppose that this holiday in Praia da Luz WAS a swinger's holiday, as claimed at the time IIRC by a prominent Portuguese  police officer, I suppose it is just conceivable that that might have been a reason for secret service intervention. (Most seem to say she was wrong about that Twitter account belonging to Amy Tierney)

Against that is evidence that SKYNews had already planned, days ago, to run a feature on 'vile internet trolls', as confirmed by Sean Hyland = Laffin Asassin = venividici = pleb-nobby-Lobby, who claimed that Brunt contacted him on Thursday 25 September.  

SKY couldn't get him, so maybe they thrashed around for another suitable victim.

The exposure of 'internet trolls' had clearly been planned for over a week. If only we had tape recordings of the news management team meetings at SKYNews.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 06.10.14 20:27

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@Jauna Loca wrote:This [tweet from Brenda Leyland about dying in unusal circumstances] doing the rounds all day on Twitter. Wonder if she stumbled on something close to THE TRUTH and that's why sh'e been hounded, literally to death.
I have thought about this.

I have examined a fair selection of her tweets.

Many of the topics she covered, e.g. the blue bag, the buggy, the boot of the Scenic being open etc. etc. are topics covered in much greater depth here on CMOMM. Yet we were not targeted. Her unsubtantiated speculation about Gordon Brown and Tony Blair, such as it was, is only repeating things that have been on the internet for two or three decades. So it wasn't any of that.

There is only one thing I can think of that Brenda ever brougtht up that might have brought her to the attention of e.g. MI5 and Special Branch etc.  

She claimed that she had discovered Any Tierney's Twitter account. The person behind that Twitter account, said Brenda, had admitted to being a 'swinger'.

Now just suppose that this holiday in Praia da Luz WAS a swinger's holiday, as claimed at the time IIRC by a prominent Portuguese  police officer, I suppose it is just conceivable that that might have been a reason for secret service intervention. (Most seem to say she was wrong about that Twitter account belonging to Amy Tierney)

Against that is evidence that SKYNews had already planned, days ago, to run a feature on 'vile internet trolls', as confirmed by Sean Hyland = Laffin Asassin = venividici = pleb-nobby-Lobby, who claimed that Brunt contacted him on Thursday 25 September.  

SKY couldn't get him, so maybe they thrashed around for another suitable victim.

The exposure of 'internet trolls' had clearly been planned for over a week. If only we had tape recordings of the news management team meetings at SKYNews.

And she mentions in a few tweets that this saga will never be solved because it will bring the whole country down. Strong stuff.

Edited to add that from her tweets it appears that she was in New York on 26th September.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by juliet on 06.10.14 20:34

Amy Tierney is important because in 2008 she told how she had printed off photos of Madeleine on May 3 on her own printer. This rebutted police suspicions that the T9 came to PdL with the pix already prepared (which were not printed on an OC printer or on paper available locally). Brenda seemed to think AT was a prominent McCann shill and it bothered her. Any evidence of pre-planning is of course hugely significant - but did Brenda have evidence?

juliet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TMH on 06.10.14 20:35

I wrote an email to the Mirror on Oct 4th, complaining about Malone's aricle on Brenda, and guess what? I haven't had a reply!  sad

TMH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 06.10.14 20:40

sally66 wrote:
@galena wrote:
@bobbin wrote:
sally66 wrote:Carole Malone will probably get away with it as her article was online after Brenda was already gone.
Malone didn't know that at the time and her intent is crystal clear.
She won't escape, on a technical point, when her words are in print and will be forever a reminder of just what sort of a person she is.
I seem to remember that Malone had an article slagging off Princess Diana printed - in the same Sunday edition reporting her death.  She had to make a grovelling apology.  Surely her time as a journalist is now up?
So can Malone still be sued for libel as she thought Brenda was still alive?

I hope her time as a journalist is up and Sky News are sued

There are some sensible articles about the situation appearing which gives some hope that Brenda's memory will be given justice

Even if she published this after Brenda Leyland's death, she was totally inaccurate about saying '50 texts' were sent. People should complain about this to IPSO.   What checking had Carole Malone done to make sure Brenda Leyland had made any threats, again it was inaccurate.  I hope they are all sued by the family.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 06.10.14 20:43

@TMH wrote:I wrote an email to the Mirror on Oct 4th, complaining about Malone's aricle on Brenda, and guess what? I haven't had a reply!  sad

I have sent emails directly to publications before and been ignored. If you follow the links posted by admin and Tony Bennet on here to complain, IPSO will allegedly liaise with the paper for you. Maybe that's the best way.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 06.10.14 20:56

@galena wrote:
@j.rob wrote:Carole Malone at the Mirror. What a horrible article. What is her particular agenda here? Surely that article is spewing bile and venom.,

Really? She thinks she’s entitled to threaten, hound and bully the innocentIs that because her own life is so lonely, so miserable, so poisoned that she wants others to suffer the same. Or is she just a twisted, fecked up bitch who gets her kicks from hurting people.

I can see why Carole would be annoyed - after all that's her job description.
big grin And Carole does is so much better as well. Mirror hackette always ready with the metaphorical machete. (She does sound alarmingly like a TM shrill, imo.)

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 on 06.10.14 20:57

Given how press campaigns often work, I wonder what the next steps were going to be, had Mrs. Leyland not killed herself. Was there going to be a coordinated campaign of vilifying and "outing" other "trolls", perhaps with a view towards promoting S&S's book. Gerry had already stepped into the spotlight to demand the vile abusers be held accountable. I wonder where it was intended to go next...

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 06.10.14 21:06

@juliet wrote:Amy Tierney is important because in 2008 she told how she had printed off photos of Madeleine on May 3 on her own printer. This rebutted police suspicions that the T9  came to PdL with the pix already prepared (which were not printed on an OC printer or on paper available locally). Brenda seemed to think AT was a prominent McCann shill and it bothered her. Any evidence of pre-planning is of course hugely significant - but did Brenda have evidence?

Yes, if evidence can be found of some sort of 'pre-planning' that exposes a 'scam'. Plus, if a creche worker is 'in on it' then that means that the creche attendances can be fiddled and so on.  Goodness only knows what was going on that week, though, what with an absence of any genuine photos of Madeleine, imo. Check out the threads on Amy Tierney on here for a start. I wonder what her background is and in what context she may have known the Mcs prior to the 'holiday'.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 06.10.14 21:10

@canada12 wrote:Given how press campaigns often work, I wonder what the next steps were going to be, had Mrs. Leyland not killed herself. Was there going to be a coordinated campaign of vilifying and "outing" other "trolls", perhaps with a view towards promoting S&S's book. Gerry had already stepped into the spotlight to demand the vile abusers be held accountable. I wonder where it was intended to go next...

Camerons declaration that "conspiracy theorists" must be dealt with in the same manner as IS says all we need to know about the future of free speech. We are being reminded daily that we MUST swallow copious amounts of utter garbage and lies or be damned to Hell for all eternity.

What this screams loud and clear is that THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE, and they don't like it one little bit. So by using hideous bullying tactics, they will try and scare us into forgetting what we already know. They (the powers that be) are in full-on panic mode, they know they are "busted" and are flailing around desperately as the spread of information is raging like wildfire. Question is, have they enough water in their buckets to douse what is becoming an inferno?

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.10.14 21:12

@j.rob wrote:
@juliet wrote:Amy Tierney is important because in 2008 she told how she had printed off photos of Madeleine on May 3 on her own printer. This rebutted police suspicions that the T9  came to PdL with the pix already prepared (which were not printed on an OC printer or on paper available locally). Brenda seemed to think AT was a prominent McCann shill and it bothered her. Any evidence of pre-planning is of course hugely significant - but did Brenda have evidence?

Yes, if evidence can be found of some sort of 'pre-planning' that exposes a 'scam'. Plus, if a creche worker is 'in on it' then that means that the creche attendances can be fiddled and so on.  Goodness only knows what was going on that week, though, what with an absence of any genuine photos of Madeleine, imo. Check out the threads on Amy Tierney on here for a start. I wonder what her background is and in what context she may have known the Mcs prior to the 'holiday'.
It will be important too to look at her statements again (and others referring to her) and see when she appeared at 5A if and when the alarm was given.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey on 06.10.14 21:13

@sweetex wrote:All over twitter now that there will be an investigation according to BBC:

Joana Morais ‏
@xklamation
  36m36 minutes ago
I'm willing to help providing information @Coldwater3As BBC news now reporting that police will investigate Brenda Leyland's death #mccann

I would expect no more than that the Police would interview Brunt and the TV crew. They have to establish what was said to the poor woman off camera, in order to ensure that nothing amounting to criminal behaviour took place. There have been cases where TV reporters have used blackmail on potential informants. One reporter working for BBC's Rough Justice series threatened an interviewee with having her sexuality exposed. So it cannot be ruled out until Police have interviewed the reporter.

What I find amazing is that neither Sky nor the McCanns have had the decency to express their regret that this poor woman took her own life.

Okeydokey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 06.10.14 21:13

This brings to mind what I thought was a significant incident in late 2008, just before the publication of the now-banned '60 Reasons'.

I had just joined 3As, and one of the most prolific posters on there was a lady called 'nicked'. She pretended to be a searcher for the truth, yet constantly - but subtly - undermined those who were doing just that.

Three months prior to the publication of '60 Reasons', the Madeleine Foundation published an article on our former website titled '30 Reasons which Suggest that Madeleine McCann was not Abducted - and invited corrections and suggestions.

One of the 30 reasons referred to the very odd history surrounding all the photographs, and I questioned whether Amy Tierney had been telling the truth.

This met with an absolutely incandescent response from 'nicked', who hysterically screamed and shouted' 'You can't possibly that in your book'. She then calmed down a bit and said (liar) that she was only wanting me to take this bit out 'to make it a better book'.

'nicked' was said to be the daughter or neice of one of of the big Liverpool medical families of consultants and doctors - I think netiquette won't allow me to go any further than that.

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 06.10.14 21:15

@canada12 wrote:Given how press campaigns often work, I wonder what the next steps were going to be, had Mrs. Leyland not killed herself. Was there going to be a coordinated campaign of vilifying and "outing" other "trolls", perhaps with a view towards promoting S&S's book. Gerry had already stepped into the spotlight to demand the vile abusers be held accountable. I wonder where it was intended to go next...

I think they focussed on this person maybe because she was the easiest target of the bunch. Other people on the list have proven to be somewhat tougher. I think this is a propaganda war, get people recognised as 'trolls' and the public feel no sympathy for them, troll is an emotive buzzword. It's like something from 1984 and pavlov's dog experiment all rolled into one. They say 'troll' and the masses show no mercy.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 06.10.14 21:18

We don't know that Mrs Leyland killed herself. Most of what has been said in the media about the Madeleine case is not true, imo. She - as in Mrs Leyland - may not even be dead for all we know....given what a mindfurk  this whole thing has been......(Sadly I think Madeleine is dead, although that may not have been the original intention, imo.)

and if she is dead - who knows how/why? I certainly don't trust that the truth will come out.

There have been so many cover-ups why wouldn't this be just another cover-up?

But good point about where it was going. I think a campaign of vilifying and 'outing' 'trolls' would have completely backfired. It is outrageous that Gerry should have been given air-time to give his 'opinion' on 'trolls'. Given the dirt that lies behind the disappearance of his own daughter. Does anyone actually give a **** about his opinions on anything? I personally can't think of a single person (well, maybe one other person) whose opinion on any subject I would value less. So the fact that the press still ask his opinion I think is hugely insulting. Not just to Madeleine. But to the general public. Many of whom don't believe him. And think that he and Kate were negligent. So quite why they are surprised that people can't stand them is just - baffling, really.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 06.10.14 21:25

WHERE EVER IT WAS GOING TO GO NEXT . IT BLOODY WELL ISNT GOING THERE NOW .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB on 06.10.14 21:30

@Okeydokey wrote:What I find amazing is that neither Sky nor the McCanns have had the decency to express their regret that this poor woman took her own life.  
We don't know that she did

AndyB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 06.10.14 21:42

Nice to see that the word 'alleged troll' has prefixed a news report on NBC news. How many 'alleged or allegedly' prefixes should have been inserted in front of the Madeleine McCann abduction story? 

Perhaps one could postulate that TM and/or their sycophants have made (yet another) allegation - in terms of an (alleged) troll - ie: Mrs Leyland. When she wasn't one. Anyone can see that. Even a child could see through this device.

The real 'die hard' trolls will be the ones who accuse truth-seeker people who don't believe them/or who might be uncovering their lies/or be exposing their nasty antics/ of the very things that they themselves - the die hard trolls that is! -  are doing. 

Leopards don't usually change their spots, one might say. 

The NBC news report with that nice little word inserted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/alleged-madeleine-mccann-troll-brenda-leyland-found-dead-n219091

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by .Guest.. on 06.10.14 21:50

It`s all gone quiet on the pro pages on FB. Loads saying they are leaving the groups and whole threads have been removed. Panic setting in?
Just a few days ago those same people were making vile references to Brenda, mocking her appearance etc. Calling her the c word too. Now they are all contrite saying it is a shame she died. Hypocrisy at its worst.

I wonder if any of the comments were saved. Hmmmm Knock knock

.Guest..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bobbin on 06.10.14 21:54

@j.rob wrote:Nice to see that the word 'alleged troll' has prefixed a news report on NBC news. How many 'alleged or allegedly' prefixes should have been inserted in front of the Madeleine McCann abduction story? 

Perhaps one could postulate that TM and/or their sycophants have made (yet another) allegation

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/alleged-madeleine-mccann-troll-brenda-leyland-found-dead-n219091

Just seen this in the Guardian....

Complaints to Ofcom over Sky News report on McCann ‘troll’
Regulator receives 60 complaints about reporter confronting woman over abusive tweets about McCann family

Brenda Leyland, who was found dead in a hotel room days after being featured in a Sky News report. Photograph: Sky News  
The regulator Ofcom has received 60 complaints about Sky News’ report about the woman alleged to have tweeted abusive messages about the McCann family.
Brenda Leyland was found dead in a hotel room days after she appeared on Sky News as part of an investigation into internet “trolling” of the McCanns.
She was not named by the Sky News report but was interviewed by reporter Martin Brunt as someone who “uses Twitter to attack the parents of Madeleine McCann”.
Brunt and his team took precautions such as not naming the village where Leyland lived and Brunt referred to her only by her Twitter name, @sweepyface. However, she was subsequently named in several newspaper reports.
Most of the complaints to Ofcom are understood to have been made in the last couple of days, rather than in the immediate aftermath of Brunt’s report on 2 October.
An Ofcom spokesman said: “It’s important to stress that we’ve not reached a view as to whether an investigation will take place.”
Meanwhile on a Facebook page called Sack Martin Brunt, a petition has been launched calling on prime minister David Cameron to “launch a public inquiry” into what it claims is “trial by television” had gained 325 signatures.
• To contact the MediaGuardian news desk email media@theguardian.com or phone 020 3353 3857. For all other inquiries please call the main Guardian switchboard on 020 3353 2000. If you are writing a comment for publication, please mark clearly “for publication”.
• To get the latest media news to your desktop or mobile, follow MediaGuardian on Twitter and Facebook.

bobbin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 06.10.14 22:03

Katie Hopkins @KTHopkins

[ltr]How many more must die before the McCann's accept their negligence is at the heart of all their grief? Enough already.[/ltr]

1 276 retweets     <<<<<<------THIS......
1 524 favorites     <<<<<<------....AND THIS

clapping

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 06.10.14 22:04

The regulator Ofcom has received 60 complaints about Sky News’ report about the woman alleged to have tweeted abusive messages about the McCann family.
Brenda Leyland was found dead in a hotel room days after she appeared on Sky News as part of an investigation into internet “trolling” of the McCanns.
She was not named by the Sky News report but was interviewed by reporter Martin Brunt as someone who “uses Twitter to attack the parents of Madeleine McCann”.
Brunt and his team took precautions such as not naming the village where Leyland lived and Brunt referred to her only by her Twitter name, @sweepyface. However, she was subsequently named in several newspaper reports.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

She was named just after midnight on the 2nd of October by Stephen Wright of The Daily Mail (who has a lot to answer).

I think Sky ran the report AFTER she had been named. If so their excuses are pathetic.

There is also what appears to be collusion between Sky and The Daily Mail.

And foreknowledge by S&S.

Did Sky run the report on the 2nd or 1st of October?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 06.10.14 22:12

@BlueBag wrote:
The regulator Ofcom has received 60 complaints about Sky News’ report about the woman alleged to have tweeted abusive messages about the McCann family.
Brenda Leyland was found dead in a hotel room days after she appeared on Sky News as part of an investigation into internet “trolling” of the McCanns.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

She was named just after midnight on the 2nd of October by Stephen Wright of The Daily Mail (who has a lot to answer).

I think Sky ran the report AFTER she had been named. If so their excuses are pathetic.

There is also what appears to be collusion between Sky and The Daily Mail.

And foreknowledge by S&S.

Did Sky run the report on the 2nd or 1st of October?

I would like to know the answers to these questions too!

It has been suggested by various sources that the compilers of the 'dossier' approached the media before or at the same time as they went to police. If it was a criminal complaint, why contact the press and why did the press run with it before anything was established as unlawful?!

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 06.10.14 22:14

@j.rob wrote:Nice to see that the word 'alleged troll' has prefixed a news report on NBC news. How many 'alleged or allegedly' prefixes should have been inserted in front of the Madeleine McCann abduction story? 

Perhaps one could postulate that TM and/or their sycophants have made (yet another) allegation - in terms of an (alleged) troll - ie: Mrs Leyland. When she wasn't one. Anyone can see that. Even a child could see through this device.

The real 'die hard' trolls will be the ones who accuse truth-seeker people who don't believe them/or who might be uncovering their lies/or be exposing their nasty antics/ of the very things that they themselves - the die hard trolls that is! -  are doing. 

The NBC news report with that nice little word inserted:

The piece from the guardian below states ALLEGED too . the US news out of respect and good practice . the UK papers, now out of being advised by there Lawyers !!!!!.

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stillsloppingout on 06.10.14 22:17

Meanwhile on a Facebook page called Sack Martin Brunt, a petition has been launched calling on prime minister David Cameron to “launch a public inquiry” into what it claims is “trial by television” had gained 325 signatures.

Please Could somebody who can, post this link above so we can all sign it .

stillsloppingout

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum