The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Twitter:"Sunday the 12th of October is T-DAY for the McCann´s"

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Twitter:"Sunday the 12th of October is T-DAY for the McCann´s"

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 01.10.14 18:31

Seems as though they are hanging this out - If they have some big revelation, why not just get on with it? Hand the information to the police instead of waiting for Media and followers to do it for them.

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hongkong Phooey on 01.10.14 18:35

@Dont Make Me Laff wrote:Seems as though they are hanging this out - If they have some big revelation, why not just get on with it? Hand the information to the police instead of waiting for Media and followers to do it for them.
Agreed, looks like they are glory hunting but will probably end up as a damb squib

Hongkong Phooey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sceptic on 01.10.14 18:38

@Hongkong Phooey wrote:
@Dont Make Me Laff wrote:Seems as though they are hanging this out - If they have some big revelation, why not just get on with it? Hand the information to the police instead of waiting for Media and followers to do it for them.
Agreed, looks like they are glory hunting but will probably end up as a damb squib
And scupper any chance of prosecution if the mccanns are involved

Sceptic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 01.10.14 19:45

They'll have to do a little better than this. Nothing that hasn't been said before.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.10.14 22:32

@Hongkong Phooey wrote:Both videos so far have been from the McCanns own mockumentary are 2tv2 going to hang them out to dry from the McCanns own footage? Is this the reason they expect the McCanns will have to reply when they release part 4?

Oooh! fingers crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree on 01.10.14 22:49

Rose Quartz wrote:
@Hongkong Phooey wrote:Both videos so far have been from the McCanns own mockumentary are 2tv2 going to hang them out to dry from the McCanns own footage? Is this the reason they expect the McCanns will have to reply when they release part 4?

Oooh! fingers crossed
Interesting, mcs own footage? When's part 4?

palm tree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 01.10.14 22:52

@Carrry On Doctor wrote:Not exactly a revelation moment. Have I missed something ?

You haven't.  Or I must have too, since I can't spot anything new either.

Unless you concentrate on reading the narratives which you may need to read and re read and re read again to see whether there's hidden message within them.  It's hard to read narratives properly when it moving faster off than I can read.  Something about the minuate difference in the minutes of between people actions, that's about as much as I can make out.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree on 01.10.14 23:00

I thought they were pointing out that GM had been gone a lot longer than what he stated. JT mentioning that KM was complaining that he had proberly been watching football?
IMO

palm tree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enid O'Dowd on 01.10.14 23:07

Watching the brief video with its repetition of the times given for the events that happened in Gerry’s  journey from the tapas bar to the apartment and back made me think:

You’ve been out in the open air playing a lot of tennis in the afternoon/early evening. You’d have worked up a good appetite. You arrive at the tapas bar shortly after 8.30pm, you wait for the others and eventually get your food orders in. You leave for your check c.9.05pm. Had some food arrived at that point? If it hadn’t, it  must have been imminent.

Now in the context of being hungry and your food getting cold, why would you stop and chat for 3-5 minutes with a tennis acquaintance you had seen very recently? 

Wouldn’t you have just acknowledged him and rushed back to your food?

The only explanation for stopping to chat  I can think of, is that the evening wasn’t going well, you weren’t hungry despite all the physical activity, and the company was boring you. This could be the case but I'm not aware of any suggestion that it was. Which raises a question about this meeting and how long it actually was.

Enid O'Dowd
Researcher

View user profile http://www.enidodowd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 01.10.14 23:33

Has this episode ever been looked at from the perspective that JT is telling the truth and its GM and, maybe, JW that`s lying.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.10.14 23:41

@Enid O'Dowd wrote:Watching the brief video with its repetition of the times given for the events that happened in Gerry’s  journey from the tapas bar to the apartment and back made me think:

You’ve been out in the open air playing a lot of tennis in the afternoon/early evening. You’d have worked up a good appetite. You arrive at the tapas bar shortly after 8.30pm, you wait for the others and eventually get your food orders in. You leave for your check c.9.05pm. Had some food arrived at that point? If it hadn’t, it  must have been imminent.

Now in the context of being hungry and your food getting cold, why would you stop and chat for 3-5 minutes with a tennis acquaintance you had seen very recently? 

Wouldn’t you have just acknowledged him and rushed back to your food?

The only explanation for stopping to chat  I can think of, is that the evening wasn’t going well, you weren’t hungry despite all the physical activity, and the company was boring you. This could be the case but I'm not aware of any suggestion that it was. Which raises a question about this meeting and how long it actually was.

Or when it actually was?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 01.10.14 23:42

@Woofer wrote:Has this episode ever been looked at from the perspective that JT is telling the truth and its GM and, maybe, JW that`s lying.

Yep. yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 on 02.10.14 0:58

As usual it takes a move or statement from the McCann's before anything happens/changes.

I only occasionally visit this site although I truly admire the posts and all the work the members do.

I have totally lost faith that any justice will be done for this little girl whoever is responsible.  I am glad to see that the members here keep going.  One thing I do know for sure is the truth will be leaked someday, however I am not confident it will happen in my lifetime.

Pershing36

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by frost on 02.10.14 4:00

hmm I was wondering this too . Is it this  same series of videos where there is a man coming out of the garage door? perhaps the last part will be the identification of who it was .

video 2 was slightly better than video 1 but nothing groundbreaking . It has all been discussed before . Video 4 is going to have to be something of a revelation , something that has miraculously passed everyone by for the past 7 years which I find nigh on impossible as everything in the public domain has been discussed to death already .

frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Have they read this from the e-book ?

Post by PeterMac on 02.10.14 8:30

The “Window of Opportunity”
for the Abduction of Madeleine Beth McCann

In this study we shall assume that what the McCanns
and other witnesses said was correct.

From time to time it is of course necessary to ‘interpret”, as when one witness gives more than one version of an event, or when two or more witnesses give inconsistent testimony.   Such points will be identified.

In the early stages of the publicity round the mystery of the disappearance of Madeleine Beth McCann it was widely suggested and reported in the Press that the abductor might have had nearly an hour between Gerry McCann’s last visit and Kate’s discovery of Madeleine’s disappearance to prepare for and then to commit the crime.  Alternatively that he may have had half that time, after Gerry’s visit but before Matthew Oldfield’s visit, or possibly after Oldfield’s visit and before Kate’s

On subsequent analysis of the main statements, and taking into account the McCann’s very early insistence that Jane Tanner’s sighting was of the abductor with Madeleine, that could no longer be sustained.  This fact had been recognised by Gerry McCann as early as 1:00am on 4th May.   [1]

The McCanns themselves clearly both accept that the “Window of Opportunity” for an abduction was small.  During one interview Kate McCann said - in a high pitched and emotional voice -  “Yyyeeah, yeah you’re right. It was a very small window of opportunity but they saw it and then *click*!!!!!!    Here Kate makes a clicking sound with her tongue and a simultaneous downward chopping motion with her right hand.   [2]

On 10th May 2007 Gerry McCann made a statement in which he confirmed this, although at that time he seemed equivocal about the Jane Tanner sighting.

The passage bears repeating in full, for the avoidance of doubt.

“The deponent had had the wrong idea that MATHEW had seen the bedroom shutters closed when he was there at 21H30, and therefore he thought the disappearance would have taken place between 21h30 and 22h00, but presently he is fully convinced that the abduction took place during the period of time between his check at 21h05 and MATHEW's visit at 21H30. It was not until about 01h00 on 4 May 2007 that he learned through RUSSEL that his partner, JANE, at around 21h10, saw a man crossing the top of the road with a child in his arms, that may or may not have been his daughter MADELEINE.    [3]

Quite how small was that window and the consequences that follow are examined here.

From their Police statements we learn the following :-
•  The McCanns left the apartment to go for dinner around 8:30pm    [4]

•  Gerry McCann left the Tapas restaurant at 9:04 pm, walked back and re-entered the apartment. He did a physical check on the children.  He saw all three.     [5]
Observation 1 :   From the absence of any further comment in any of his statements it must be assumed that the front door, the patio door, the garden gate and the security gate, and the windows and shutters and curtains in the children’s bedroom, were all in order.
Observation 2 :    It takes one minute to walk at a normal speed from the Tapas bar to the small gate at the bottom of the outside stairs.   It would take around a further 20 seconds to open the gate, climb the stairs, open the patio doors quietly, enter the apartment and reach the children’s bedroom.    [6 ]

•  He remained in the apartment for a little time, two or three minutes  [7]   recording that he stood in the children’s room “and thought to himself, She’s so beautiful.”  and took the opportunity to use the bathroom.  He then left the apartment through the patio doors, and went down the outside stairs, through the gate and out onto the street.   There he met Jeremy  (referred to throughout as Jez )  Wilkins.   The two men spoke for a short time, estimated at between 3 and 4, or 3 to 5 minutes.   [8] [9 ] or “only a few minutes” [10]

•  Jane Tanner left the Tapas bar at between 9:05 and 9:10 pm. Significantly she times her own departure at five minutes after Gerry’s  [11]    She walked past the men whilst they were talking. She reports seeing the two men  [12]  although the men state they did not see her. [13]

•  Immediately after passing the two men Jane Tanner states that she saw a man carrying a child along the road across the top of the street, from left to right.  The child was being carried flat, across the forearms, and Jane Tanner saw its feet, which were towards her. She then continued to her own apartment.   [14]    

•  Gerry McCann then returned to the dining table in the Tapas bar.  This time is given as between 9:10 and 9:15 pm  [15]

Working purely from the statements of Gerry McCann, Jeremy Wilkins, and Jane Tanner, and adding the time as we proceed we can estimate the following -

Gerry McCann left the Tapas bar 9:05  pm
Arrived at gate at bottom of stairs 9:06
Climbed stairs, entered apartment and went to bedroom   9:06.30s
Looked at children and had “proud father” moment   9:07
Used toilet     9:08
Left apartment, closing doors, went down stairs, met Jez Wilkins 9:09
Talked to Jez Wilkins 9:09 - 9:13 pm

Jane Tanner left Tapas bar   9:10 pm
JT arrived bottom of stairs, saw and passed the two men   9:11
JT saw abductor carrying child across top of road   9:11.05s

There is therefore, on their own timings, just  two minutes and five seconds for the intruder to get in, seize Madeleine, get out again, and make his way round to the top of the road.   To walk from the front door or window of the apartment to the left behind the low wall, then across the car park, then right to the corner of the street takes around 45 seconds. and a further 5 seconds to cross the street.     [16]
He has therefore around one minute and twenty seconds to enter, commit the crime, and exit.
This is an important point for the understanding of what happened.
Let it be stated once again.

If the man seen by Jane Tanner was the “abductor’ and was carrying Madeleine, as the McCanns insist, he had available to him the time from Gerry McCann’s leaving the apartment to the sighting by Jane Tanner.  And no more.

In this time the intruder has to

• Enter the apartment
• Sedate all three children - in the dark
• Select Madeleine as the victim - in the dark
• Open the shutters and window   - if he used the front door to enter
• Pick Madeleine out of her bed   - in the dark
• Turn her round so that her head is now to his left, rather than to his right, which is the way he would have approached her in the bed.      
• Exit the apartment, either through the opened window and shutters, or through the front door, which he must then close silently behind him.
• Walk to the left along the path in front of the apartment, walk straight ahead across the car park, and then walk to the right along the road, and cross the street in front of Jane Tanner, the father of the very child he had just abducted, and another man who has his own child in a buggy.  

Taking into account the travelling time, he has around one minute and twenty seconds in which to achieve the first seven items on the list.

Clearly he could not enter through the patio door within this time frame, since Gerry was standing either at the bottom of the steps, or on the other side of the road, depending whether we follow the statement of Gerry McCann, Jez Wilson, [17]  [18] or Jane Tanner.   (During the televised “documentary reconstruction” Gerry McCann’s version took precedence, and viewers were treated to the sight of Jane Tanner being reduced to tears as her detailed recollection was publicly destroyed.) [19]

For our purposes this important contradiction is, for the moment, irrelevant.  
As Kate has observed, “What may be important is that all three of them were there.”  [20]

It is indeed a very important point, as it fixes forever Jane Tanner’s sighting relative to Gerry McCann’s leaving the apartment, in a way which cannot be altered by debate or legal argument.  
It could only be altered by admission of error, but Jane Tanner has several times then and since publicly insisted that she was telling the truth. [21]  [22]

Possible scenarios.
One scenario is therefore that immediately on Gerry McCann’s leaving the apartment, the intruder entered though the front door by means unknown, or, having forced up the shutters, propped or jammed them in a high position, forced open the window, and climbed in.  This is not supported by examination of the operation of the shutters, or the locking mechanism of the windows.  No implement to support the shutters was found, and no forensic traces were seen on the window sill, or on the windows.

A second scenario has more recently been put forward to the effect that the intruder may have already been in the apartment as Gerry McCann entered.   This would allow him a few more seconds or fractions of a minute in which to complete his crime.    And in fact we find that this was raised as a possibility by Dr Gerry McCann himself some time later.  [23]

But the apartment is largely open-plan, and this theory leads to some vague stories being suggested about where the intruder might have been secreted.   None is persuasive.  “Behind the door”, or “in the cupboard,” have been offered.  Examination of the photos of the bedroom, and indeed of the entire apartment may lead a researcher to question this.   [24]

Gerry McCann recounts seeing all the children, and having the “proud father” moment, and of looking down at Madeleine.  In none of his three statements does he report the smell of anaesthetic gas or the presence of any other anaesthetic paraphernalia, and we conclude that this procedure must therefore have been performed after he left.  

Kate was initially sure that the children had been sedated.  [25]

As the almost infinitely small window of opportunity contracts till further, other possibilities have been put forward.
• The intruder had been watching the apartment   [26]
• The Intruder had been watching the family and taking notes.  This was mentioned  two years later in the Vanity Fair interview  [27]

It is notable that the more details are provided for this scenario, the more difficult it becomes.  Adding the sedation, for example, or the opened window and shutters  purely as a “red herring”, as Kate did nearly two years later, [28]   cuts down still further the time available to perform the actus reus

Another even more strange possibility put forward by Kate was not only that the intruder had been ‘making notes’, but later still there was even a suggestion that he might have done a preliminary reconnoitre, a “dummy run”, during one of the previous nights.  

This is a consequence of the ‘curious incident of the children crying in the night time’, reported at some length and on a number of occasions by Kate. [ 29] [30]

Whether it is remotely credible to think that an intruder would not complete the crime, but would instead choose to repeat the actions on a subsequent evening, when the crying alert given by the children might have been heeded by the parents, is something the critical reader may wish to consider.

I started this piece by attempting to build up a picture of what might have happened during the admitted small window of opportunity.

Gradually, and at each step, the story becomes ever more difficult to follow, and the time available for any acton by anyone becomes ever smaller, to the point where one must be permitted to ask if there is anything left which is even remotely possible.

It must surely also be permitted to ask the people who steadfastly proselytise the theory of sedation followed by abduction within the tiny window of opportunity, to give at least some details of how they imagine it might have been carried out.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”         Sherlock Holmes.  a.k.a. Sir A Conan Doyle

IMPORTANT OBJECTIONS

There are at least three important objections to what has been written above.

The first objection is that the times given by the various people in their statements were not necessarily accurate.  A combination of stress and confusion on the night, and trying to fit the story together within a few hours after the event would have made the times approximate at best.

(In fact one of Clarence Mitchell’s more notorious outright falsehoods was to the effect that none of the group had watches or mobile phones with them, and that therefore the exact times were not to be taken as wholly accurate.      [31]
Unfortunately for him he said this nearly a year after the Tapas7 group had drawn up two separate and detailed time lines on the night, and a third mutually agreed amalgamation of both, [32]  but also the statements of the Tapas 7, of Gerry McCann “When asked at what time he went to check on the children the night Madeleine disappeared, he recalls that this was around 21:04 according to his watch”,  [33],  and subsequently Kate McCann in her book  “by his watch”. [34] , all contradict his assertion.  
He backtracked six weeks later.    [35]    Quite why Mitchell invented, or was asked to tell this particular lie is difficult to understand.)

But the first objection is a valid one, and it is accepted.

It is however entirely irrelevant whether the events described took place exactly between 9:05 pm and 9:15 pm, or five minutes later, or five minutes earlier.

The time is not important.    It is the timing, and the statements of the three main people involved which define the “very small window of opportunity”, and that remains unchanged regardless of the exact start or finish time of that window.

To recap, in case this is not understood or fully appreciated

Any abduction, and all ancillary matters necessary for an abduction,
must have been carried out
between the time Gerry McCann left the apartment having seen the children
and the time Jane Tanner passed him and saw the abductor carrying Madeleine
whilst he was talking to Jez Wilkins in the street outside.

And that time is measured in only a very few minutes and seconds.

The second objection is that the timings for climbing the stairs and opening the patio doors, for example,  or the 45 seconds allowed for walking from the apartment across the car park and then to the right and across the street might be inaccurate, as they would depend on the individual person’s walking speed.

This is again fully accepted.   This objection however is dealing in seconds, or small fractions of a minute.  It does not go the heart of the issue, and could not for example get near to doubling the time available for the preparation and execution of the crime.

The third objection is that of considering median times.   In other words if it is supposed that Gerry McCann’s talk with Jeremy Wilkins was 5 minutes, and that Jane Tanner passed them at the very end of their conversation, so that Gerry returned to the Tapas bar immediately she had passed, then the total apartment time for the abductor might be extended to nearly four minutes.
This is of course accepted, but it still remains to be explained how the first six items on the list of necessary procedures could be carried out, even in this time, undetected and unremarked by two fathers, speaking quietly together in an almost silent street just yards from the locum delicti.  
And we must remember that Jeremy Wilkins had his own child in a buggy, and that it was a cold night.  This is attested to by Jane Tanner “it was quite a cold night”  “It was actually quite cold”: [36]  and by Kate McCann “It was so cold and windy”.  [37]  The actual length of the conversation between the two men, who profess to be only passing acquaintances and one of whom was returning to his interrupted dinner, must be judged against those facts.

Summary and Comments

All the above is based on the assumption that the witnesses have told the truth.
It is difficult to understand how Madeleine Beth McCann could conceivably have been abducted from the apartment in the time available.
The PJ wished the McCanns and their friends to return and to take part in a reconstruction.   All refused.

Gerry McCann and Jane Tanner did return to take part in a documentary, in which a partial reconstruction was to take place.  The reality was that this was effectively “directed” by Gerry McCann himself, one of only three persons officially named as a suspect, and no important points were explored or challenged.   The issue of the “window of opportunity” seems to have been totally ignored. [38]

The bald statement in the book, “I knew”, then repeated in italic, thus - “I knew” ,  - falls, with respect, somewhat short of the burden required in a court of law for proof that a most serious crime has been committed  [39]  [40]

Madeleine Beth Mccann remains missing.  
Her whereabouts and her fate are still unknown.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 02.10.14 8:39

Fair point in this video... more things to make you go hmmm... not game changers though.

I would add... about the conversation at the table "Gerry must have been waylaid" (Waylay definition: stop or interrupt (someone) and detain them in conversation or trouble them in some other way.)

Or watching football.

Well Kate... maybe it was one of the children awake... I wonder why that never crossed your mind?

I don't believe any of it, they have tied themselves in knots and that is why they won't do a reconstruction.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 02.10.14 9:15

@BlueBag wrote:

Fair point in this video... more things to make you go hmmm... not game changers though.

I would add... about the conversation at the table "Gerry must have been waylaid" (Waylay definition: stop or interrupt (someone) and detain them in conversation or trouble them in some other way.)

Or watching football.

Well Kate... maybe it was one of the children awake... I wonder why that never crossed your mind?

I don't believe any of it, they have tied themselves in knots and that is why they won't do a reconstruction.

Agreed. But if you wanted to make it impossible to investigate what occurred the evening of the supposed abduction you could not have done a better job, could you?

Then all you have to do during the investigation is to be as unco-operative as possible.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on 02.10.14 9:25

@Pershing36 wrote:As usual it takes a move or statement from the McCann's before anything happens/changes.

I only occasionally visit this site although I truly admire the posts and all the work the members do.

I have totally lost faith that any justice will be done for this little girl whoever is responsible.  I am glad to see that the members here keep going.  One thing I do know for sure is the truth will be leaked someday, however I am not confident it will happen in my lifetime.

Pershing36

Nice to see you back if only for a short visit.

I doubt very much if anything will be forthcoming from the McCanns or their entourage at all. They have been given a cast iron guarantee IMO that it will never be disclosed what ever it was that happened. Although Textusa is of the opinion that something is afoot - I can't see it being anything other than a whitewash or shelved. Especially after the S&S lead and now the "File of Abuse" has been compiled and being flourished about in a threatening manner.

Angelique

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.10.14 9:48

@BlueBag wrote:

Or watching football.

Waylaid? In an empty area, with very little human traffic? Hmmmm....
Very strange remark by Kate.
There is a ghost about what are the chances of someone you met on holiday waylaying you?

Waylaid or watching football ? When he was gone what 5 mins ? 10 mins max?
Hardly time to switch on and off the TV?
And what about the NOISE disturbing the children?

She didn't even want to switch on the lights even when she couldn't see Madeleine.

All lies !

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 02.10.14 9:56

@Angelique wrote:
@Pershing36 wrote:As usual it takes a move or statement from the McCann's before anything happens/changes.

Pershing36

Nice to see you back if only for a short visit.

I doubt very much if anything will be forthcoming from the McCanns or their entourage at all. They have been given a cast iron guarantee IMO that it will never be disclosed what ever it was that happened. Although Textusa is of the opinion that something is afoot - I can't see it being anything other than a whitewash or shelved. Especially after the S&S lead and now the "File of Abuse" has been compiled and being flourished about in a threatening manner.

I wonder why they did not appeal to the supporters to stop dishing out the abuse.
They could easily have that added in when they spoke to the Press.
Just like they never have any message for Madeleine...
It's always just about them...me me me...poor me...the victim.

They spend more time and energy trying to stop their skeptics than thinking about Madeleine....

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by palm tree on 06.10.14 13:50

I wonder will the next vid come out now?

palm tree

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 06.10.14 14:28

I wonder if Brenda had anything to do with 2&2?

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phil_burton on 06.10.14 15:03

Ironically, yesterday/today would have been the perfect time to launch the next video on to the #mccann hashtag, maximum exposure

phil_burton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE on 06.10.14 19:54

@BlueBag wrote:I wonder if Brenda had anything to do with 2&2?
Just what I was thinking.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thetruthbeknown on 06.10.14 20:18

Could T-Day just have been a typo for D-Day?

thetruthbeknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum