The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Two arrested for murder in 2007 !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Two arrested for murder in 2007 !

Post by PeterMac on 22.09.14 15:43

Two arrested for Murder and Pervert the Course of Justice
No body has been found ! !
http://news.uk.msn.com/two-held-over-paige-chivers-murder
Two held over Paige Chivers' murder
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of a teenage girl who has not been seen since 2007.

The men, aged 45 and 59, from Blackpool, are being questioned on suspicion of murdering Paige Chivers, 15, and attempting to pervert the course of justice, Lancashire Constabulary said.
Paige left her home in Longford Avenue, Bispham, Blackpool, following a family row and boarded a bus in nearby Ashfield Road, heading into the resort.
"Since then there have been no corroborated sightings of her and no contact with her family or friends. Despite numerous appeals, rewards, and a long running police investigation she has not been seen since. The investigation is being treated as a 'no body' murder," a police spokesman said.

In June police searched land near where she was last seen after receiving new information, but nothing was found.
Since her disappearance, four people have been arrested on suspicion of her murder but released without charge.
A £30,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of Paige's killer or the recovery of her body has been on offer.

No body,
Search land
numerous appeals,
rewards offered,
Treat as Murder
Arrest suspects

hmmmmm . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Two arrested for murder in 2007 !

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 22.09.14 19:04

Sounds very telling? we can live in hope of another 2 being arrested for a similar scenario?

Encouraging that "The investigation is being treated as a 'no body' murder," a police spokesman said"

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 22.09.14 19:47

That's very good news. one might even say encouraging. yes I

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

'The Kebab Murders'

Post by Tony Bennett on 22.09.14 20:16

@PeterMac wrote:Two arrested for Murder and Pervert the Course of Justice
No body has been found !!
http://news.uk.msn.com/two-held-over-paige-chivers-murder
Two held over Paige Chivers' murder
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of the murder of a teenage girl who has not been seen since 2007.

The men, aged 45 and 59, from Blackpool, are being questioned on suspicion of murdering Paige Chivers, 15, and attempting to pervert the course of justice, Lancashire Constabulary said.
I am afraid the news of these two arrests brings us into some very very dark areas of pure evil, and once again the outrageous behaviour of male Muslims appears to be the central theme of this murder and also that of Charlene Downs, a girl of similar age to Paige Chivers. Charlene was allegedly murdered and then her body cut up and part-re-used in kebabs.

Here are three short reports, culled from Wikipedia and linked sources:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Charlene Downes (born 25 March 1989 - disappeared 1 November 2003) was a girl who lived in Blackpool, United Kingdom, her family having moved there when she was 10 years old. She disappeared aged 14 years old.[1] Police initially treated the case as a one of a missing person although their enquiries revealed she had probably been a victim of sexual abuse near the location where she was last seen. She is now believed to have been murdered.[2] Downes was last sighted in an area later identified as at the centre of child grooming and sexual abuse of 60 underaged girls, mainly, it is alleged, by Asian men. In August 2007, 16-year-old Paige Chivers went missing in Blackpool in similar circumstances, she is also believed to have been murdered.

A jury failed to reach a verdict in the trials of two men, one accused of murdering Downes and the other of disposing of her body. A re-trial ended with not guilty verdicts when the prosecution withdrew the charges. There have been no convictions in relation to the disappearance of Downes, or the disappearance of Chivers.

++++++++++++++++++++

Charlene Downes: Missing without a trace

12:01AM BST 24 May 2007

A schoolgirl was murdered by a fast food shop owner who joked that she had been “chopped up” and put into kebabs, a court was told yesterday.

The prosecution alleged at Preston Crown Court that Charlene Downes, 14, was killed by Iyad Albattikhi, 29, owner of a food shop in Blackpool, who had sex with her.

Charlene was one of a number of young girls who visited an alleyway in the town to have sex with older men who worked in the fast food shops, Tim Holroyde QC, prosecuting, told the jury.

Charlene, from Blackpool, was “well and happy”, the court heard, but had a “chaotic” home life. Expelled from school, she spent her time hanging around shops on the Blackpool Promenade. She was last seen on the evening of Saturday Nov 1 2003. After kissing her mother goodbye she left alone – and vanished, Mr Holroyde said.

A missing persons inquiry began but police later launched a murder investigation after receiving information that Charlene had been “killed and chopped up”, the court heard.

No trace of Charlene’s body has ever been found.

Mr Holroyde told the jury that a witness had heard Albattikhi and others talking about her.

“These people were talking about sex with white girls, and there was mention of having sex with Charlene,” he said.

“Albattikhi laughed and said she was very small – the plainest possible indication that he was lying to the police when he said he did not know her. He and others present then laughingly said that Charlene had gone into the kebabs.”

Albattikhi, a Jordanian immigrant, is charged with murder. His business partner and landlord, Mohammed Reveshi, 50, is accused of helping dispose of the body.

Both deny the charges and have told police they did not know Charlene.

Albattikhi and Reveshi were joint owners of the food shop, the court heard, which Albattikhi ran.

Charlene became a “familiar figure” hanging around the shops where she would sometimes get free food.

Mr Holroyde said: “In addition she was one of a number of adolescent white girls who sometimes went at night to the alleyway behind the restaurants. She and others went there to meet much older men from the restaurants, and it seems perfectly clear that there was at times some sexual activity.”

Albattikhi took advantage of one of those vulnerable girls – Charlene Downes, the jury was told.

Mr Holroyde added: “It is the prosecution case that the background to the murder of Charlene Downes and the disposal of her body is some sexual activity between her and one or both of the defendants.

“Sexual activity between these adult men and a 14-year-old girl would be a crime which could be expected to have serious consequences for them.”

After Charlene’s disappearance, both the accused were questioned and told police they did not know her, the court heard.

In 2004, Albattikhi had a dispute with his brother, Tariq, who told a witness, David Cassidy, that he knew what had happened to Charlene – “she had been killed and chopped up and there had been a lot of blood”, the court heard.

Mr Cassidy was allegedly later offered a £20,000 interest-free loan from Reveshi.

Police searched the flats of both accused men but found nothing. Detectives then bugged the premises and Reveshi’s car, and Mr Holroyde told the jury some of the recordings were “revealing”.

The trial continues.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On 23 August 2007, 16 year old Paige Chivers vanished after taking a bus into Blackpool town centre. Chivers was linked to the same business premises, believed to be the scene of grooming and sexual abuse, that were the focus of the enquiries into Downes's disappearance. Police also investigated the case of Chivers as a missing persons one for at least a year. In December 2009 a man was arrested on suspicion of murdering Chivers, and later released without any charges being brought. In 2012 police publicly announced the Chivers case was being treated as a murder inquiry, and that all leads in the case are exhausted.[17][18]

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 22.09.14 20:18

Encouraging.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 23.09.14 10:05

In reply to Tony above

As soon as I heard that these two guys arrested were from Blackpool - I immediately remembered the case of Charlene Downes - poor girl. I'm hoping that maybe if as you state these guys are all connected to this same establishment - they may at last be hauled in and charged, and therefore a wider investigation my be opened and other girls, including Charlene, may get their justice. I do recall seeing a documentary about this case where I believe all the men escaped charges (I could be wrong, some may have been charged), but it was pretty obvious these guys were taking advantage of underage girls. 

It feels just like Rotherham  - will this case open another proverbial can where more victims will come forward and the history of non-action/cover-ups from the police and social services be revealed. I just hope that the mother of Charlene gets some justice for her daughter. 

So sad, so very very sad.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.09.14 12:08

@mouse wrote:In reply to Tony above

As soon as I heard that these two guys arrested were from Blackpool - I immediately remembered the case of Charlene Downes - poor girl. I'm hoping that maybe if as you state these guys are all connected to this same establishment - they may at last be hauled in and charged, and therefore a wider investigation my be opened and other girls, including Charlene, may get their justice. I do recall seeing a documentary about this case where I believe all the men escaped charges (I could be wrong, some may have been charged), but it was pretty obvious these guys were taking advantage of underage girls. 

It feels just like Rotherham  - will this case open another proverbial can where more victims will come forward and the history of non-action/cover-ups from the police and social services be revealed. I just hope that the mother of Charlene gets some justice for her daughter. 

So sad, so very very sad.
What happens is that people bring their cultural norms and beliefs with them when they come here.

In the 17th and 18th centuries, floods of Huguenots fled to these shores from the French/Papal persecutions of Protestant Christian believers. As a result, the country was greatly blessed - and still is - by the contribution of these hard-working, talented, God-fearing people.

It is a fact of life that no-one can deny that the Muslim immigration has brought into this country such practices as female genital mutilation, excessive male-domination of the marital home, forced marriages, 'honour' (= revenge) killings, Shari'ah law courts, the grooming, abuse and rape of (mostly white) children, the replacement of quiet chapel areas in hospitals and airports with what are effectively now Muslim prayer rooms, and widespread postal ballot fraud, not to mention the 7/7 bombings which killed 52 people.

To mention this list of facts usually means that one is classed as 'Islamophobic'

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming on 23.09.14 12:17

@Tony Bennett wrote:What happens is that people bring their cultural norms and beliefs with them when they come here.

In the 17th and 18th centuries, floods of Huguenots fled to these shores from the French/Papal persecutions of Protestant Christian believers. As a result, the country was greatly blessed - and still is - by the contribution of these hard-working, talented, God-fearing people.

It is a fact of life that no-one can deny that the Muslim immigration has brought into this country such practices as female genital mutilation, excessive male-domination of the marital home, forced marriages, 'honour' (= revenge) killings, Shari'ah law courts, the grooming, abuse and rape of (mostly white) children, the replacement of quiet chapel areas in hospitals and airports with what are effectively now Muslim prayer rooms, and widespread postal ballot fraud, not to mention the 7/7 bombings which killed 52 people.

To mention this list of facts usually means that one is classed as 'Islamophobic'

So true and so sad Tony

As for the Islamophobic bit, that or pinned with the more generic racist badge

Jamming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 23.09.14 12:32

@Jamming wrote:
So true and so sad Tony

As for the Islamophobic bit, that or pinned with the more generic racist badge
On the other hand, for example, the immigration from eastern European countries like Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania etc. has mostly brought hard-working people - with similar cultural values to ours - to provide very good service in the nation's hotels and restaurants, other service industries and in fact most walks of life.

Those of African heritage have at least brought us Lenny Henry, Trevor McDonald, Frank Bruno and Danny Welbeck

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 23.09.14 13:13

I'm afraid I think we have a problem with Eastern Europeans too...

"DAILY TELEGRAPH"

By David Barrett, Home Affairs Correspondent
8:00PM BST 22 Sep 2014

A British-led scheme to boost the amount of information shared about criminals who move across borders has faced widespread opposition from other European Union countries, The Telegraph can disclose.
Arnis Zalkalns, 41, who served seven years for murdering his wife in Latvia before moving to London, was last week named as the prime suspect in the disappearance of schoolgirl Alice Gross.
An international project was launched in London by Theresa May, the Home Secretary, in June last year to improve the way information is shared across the EU, but an official report discloses it has encountered “significant barriers”.
In a stark admission, an internal document said officials in some countries do not regard offenders who have moved across borders as a “huge problem”.
A succession of serious crimes including murder, rape and paedophilia have been committed in Britain by offenders who came here despite having criminal records in their home countries.

------------------------------------

Going by the recent sad case of missing Teenager Alice Gross - I've so many questions on this one concerning the police and their slow off the mark stance. This Lithuanian guy has a criminal record for beating up and murdered his wife, then burying her apparently. And the fact that he is reported to have sexually assaulted another under age girl here in the UK, but charges were dropped???? Was this the reason the police took so long to admit he was their No1 Suspect? That they again, did not want to admit they hadn't done their job.....And they have the nerve to critic the PJ.

I do agree that the problem of gangs of Muslim men using young underage girls is a big problem though. However, we do hear of upper class paedophile rings where men mainly appear to be UK white.....The Guest House affair, and I don't believe that Saville worked alone. Safety in numbers as they say.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamming on 23.09.14 13:14

@Tony Bennett wrote:On the other hand, for example, the immigration from eastern European countries like Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Lithuania etc. has mostly brought hard-working people - with similar cultural values to ours - to provide very good service in the nation's hotels and restaurants, other service industries and in fact most walks of life.

Those of African heritage have at least brought us Lenny Henry, Trevor McDonald, Frank Bruno and Danny Welbeck

Agree again, well apart from the Lenny Henry bit !

Jamming

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.14 18:02

@Tony Bennett wrote:
What happens is that people bring their cultural norms and beliefs with them when they come here.

Indeed Tony, or as Jamming also put it 'be pinned with the more generic racist badge', as I myself was this very day.

I commented on a 'newspaper' article, using wording about attacks carried out by certain groups of individuals, much like those discussed in this thread. My comment was not inflammatory in the slightest, in fact I'd taken such care with my words as to have muted the point somewhat. But of course the resultant comments had me labelled not only racist, but a liar too.
Amazingly I had only pointed out facts as they have been presented in known cases, yet I am a liar as well as a racist, plus sundry other personal insults. I am frustrated by these naïve reactions, as it is this sort of unconditional, spitting feathers 'right on' apologist behaviour which helps to perpetuate these crimes, as in the many cases of abuse cover ups we have seen brought to light recently.

I am so angry at the names I've been called today when trying to take part in a debate on a subject which is very real, and very, very frightening, but is being denied by the misguided politically correct. It is extremely frustrating! I am not racist by the way, I do not hate individuals due to the colour of their skin, culture, religion or place of birth. I just hate predatory perverts, rapists and murderers, whoever they may be!

Rant over!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 23.09.14 20:06

@Tony Bennett wrote:

(I knew if I hung onto this image long enough I would eventually be presented with an opportunity to use it)

I suppose Frank Bruno might be useful to have around if you had, for instance, a barn door which needed hitting - which is more than I can say for some of the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by davro on 24.09.14 10:05

I read that Clay very much hoping it was Tony showing a neat line in irony.
As for the "Muslims bad" thing,where do I start?
The Inquisitions,hundreds of thousands at the very least tortured and murdered "just in case" they were "the wrong kind of Christian".The genocide in South America,whole civilisations wiped out within years,,Aztecs,Incas etc.The Witch trials. Wasn't Muslims that did the same to the Native Americans,stole their land,murdered and abused them,the horrors of the Slave Trade.Vast Empires built up with massive loss of life,enriching white Christian nations at the expense of millions.Did Muslims perpetrate the holocaust,invade Vietnam on a pretence and kill 2 million of it's people,later letting slip that "just kill everyone" was official policy? L could go on forever in that vein.
Child abuse? All I ever seem to read about these days is abuse being uncovered from the recent past,the Vatican,hardly a hotbed of Islam,our schools,children's homes and even our Parliament seemingly riddled with child abusers.............and all aided and abetted by those who turned a blind eye or were in denial.
As for East Europeans,I work with and have as friends plenty of those but a minority bring massive problems with them as  a quick glance at the news will reveal.Even local to me East European migrants are constantly in the local rag for acts of violence,drink driving with drug dealing,trafficking  and pimping amongst more serious offences.Only last week a group of Czechs were arrested for people trafficking and would you believe slavery....and on my doorstep a group of Lithuanian men have caused uproar with their drink fuelled weekends.
Easy to demonise others,easier still to swallow the propaganda of those with an agenda on our "own side" who highlight the more abhorrent behaviour of other cultures from a minority.
Might be nice if people stopped labelling whole cultures,ethnicities  and religions and instead demonised "bad people",whoever they are,whatever their colour etc,those things tend to only be relevant to those with an agenda.

davro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Now charged with Murder. Still no body found

Post by PeterMac on 25.09.14 11:45

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/25/man-charged-murder-missing-girl-2007-paige-chivers
Man charged with murder of girl missing since 2007
Robert Ewing, from Blackpool, charged with murder of Paige Chivers who left family home after row and boarded bus to resort

Press Association
theguardian.com, Thursday 25 September 2014 10.30 BST
Paige Chivers went missing in 2007.
A 59-year-old man has been charged with the murder of a teenage girl who has not been seen since 2007.
Paige Chivers, 15, left her home in Bispham, Blackpool, following a family row and boarded a bus in nearby Ashfield Road, heading into the resort.
Since August 2007 there have been no corroborated sightings of her and no contact with her family or friends, despite numerous appeals, rewards and a long-running police investigation.
On Thursday, Lancashire police charged Robert Ewing, from Blackpool, with her murder.
Ewing is also accused of intending to pervert the course of justice.
A second man, Gareth Dewhurst, 45, from Blackpool, is charged with assisting an offender, a sexual offence and intending to pervert the course of justice, said police.
A spokesman for Lancashire Constabulary said: “Following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service two men are due to appear in court this morning in connection with the murder of Paige Chivers.
“A 29-year-old man from Blackpool arrested on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.”
Both accused are due to appear at Blackpool magistrates’ court later.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum