The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

A Rich Vein of Research

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Rich Vein of Research

Post by Okeydokey on 18.09.14 1:03

Just thought it would be interesting to open up a topic on the Richard D Hall videos, which are SO MUCH MORE impressive than the S&S "poor excuse for a book".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YovQ1TY64Sk

I was particularly impressed by the first couple of videos.

Later on there is a claim that both Gerry McCann's and Robert Murat's mobile phones were switched off for the same 32 hour period (and this is quoted in relation to Robert Murat's admission he had been to a golf club some 7 or 8 miles away from PdL).  The video focusses on GMcC's curious shying away from the question about whether he knew Robert Murat before...the implication being he did know him.

Do people here have any info/details on these claims which are rather crucial to an understanding of the case?  I'd be interested to hear people's opinions on this subject.  Clearly (as far as I know) Amaral discounted any [EDITED to delete wrong name] Murat-McCann connection, so I think we need some clear idea of what evidence there is for such a connection.

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rich Vein of Research

Post by jeanmonroe on 18.09.14 1:15

Clearly (as far as I know) Amaral discounted any Amaral-McCann connection,
----------------------------------------

You mean 'any MURAT-MCCANN connection', surely?

jeanmonroe

Posts : 5133
Reputation : 886
Join date : 2013-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rich Vein of Research

Post by Okeydokey on 18.09.14 1:49

@jeanmonroe wrote:Clearly (as far as I know) Amaral discounted any Amaral-McCann connection,
----------------------------------------

You mean 'any MURAT-MCCANN connection', surely?

Yes, you're right!

Okeydokey

Posts : 919
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2013-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rich Vein of Research

Post by tigger on 18.09.14 6:33

I'm afraid Richard Hall is a secondary source at best, research is done by going through the original files from which others have drawn their conclusions.

Even when e.g. Assessing the Iliad, a researcher starts with the original untranslated texts.

New information also needs to be evaluated, Dr. Amaral wrote his book in 2008. The result of the mobile traffic was not available to him. The book was written to clear his name as he stated in the 2012. Panorama and deals with the evidence available to the PJ at the time.

So not connecting Murat and Gerry cannot be said to be reliable information.
Iirc in late 2007 it was said the PJ had evidence that Gerry and Murat knew each other in the Portuguese press. It's in the timelines. Also McCannfiles.

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rich Vein of Research

Post by noddy100 on 18.09.14 8:44

@tigger wrote:I'm afraid Richard Hall is a secondary source at best, research is done by going through the original files from which others have drawn their conclusions.

Even when e.g. Assessing the Iliad, a researcher starts with the original untranslated texts.

New information also needs to be evaluated, Dr. Amaral wrote his book in 2008.  The result of the mobile traffic was not available to him.  The book was written to clear his name as he stated in the 2012. Panorama and deals with the evidence available to the PJ at the time.

So not connecting Murat and Gerry  cannot be said to be reliable information.
Iirc in late 2007  it was said the PJ had evidence that Gerry and Murat knew each other  in the Portuguese press. It's in the timelines. Also McCannfiles.
This may be true but at least he hasn't omitted huge sections to toe the official line

noddy100

Posts : 697
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rich Vein of Research

Post by Guest on 18.09.14 9:39

@tigger wrote:I'm afraid Richard Hall is a secondary source at best, research is done by going through the original files from which others have drawn their conclusions.

Even when e.g. Assessing the Iliad, a researcher starts with the original untranslated texts.

New information also needs to be evaluated, Dr. Amaral wrote his book in 2008.  The result of the mobile traffic was not available to him.  The book was written to clear his name as he stated in the 2012. Panorama and deals with the evidence available to the PJ at the time.

So not connecting Murat and Gerry  cannot be said to be reliable information.
Iirc in late 2007  it was said the PJ had evidence that Gerry and Murat knew each other  in the Portuguese press. It's in the timelines. Also McCannfiles.

Richard Hall also makes a couple of factual errors - for instance, he states that David Miliband was foreign secretary at the time of the disappearance; he was not. However obviously overall the videos are excellent and a great primer for anybody not familiar with the case and a great summary for those who are.

One thing new I did take from them was the bit where he points out the location of the Salsalito guest house. Bear in mind that the official story is that the Eveleighs traveled half way round the World to seek out this particular rural idyll, yet in reality its location is completely unremarkable - they must have passed over quite a few more picturesque spots before settling on that one, which would have been a lengthy and not to say dangerous trek by road from Faro airport at the time. Makes you wonder exactly what kind of bohemian setup they were aiming for - or maybe I've just seen Die Screaming, Marianne too many times (i.e. once).

I was contemplating starting a thread about Gerry's political allegiances - he rubbishes the suggestions that he met Murat through the Labour party (I wonder where they originated) by claiming to be a lifelong Conservative - presumably the only Glaswegian Tory ever then, especially given his upbringing in relative poverty - it sounds a bit like protestethething a bit too much.

I'm guessing Kate=Scouser=Labour?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Political allegiances...

Post by missbeetle on 18.09.14 9:53

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@tigger wrote:I'm afraid Richard Hall is a secondary source at best, research is done by going through the original files from which others have drawn their conclusions.

Even when e.g. Assessing the Iliad, a researcher starts with the original untranslated texts.

New information also needs to be evaluated, Dr. Amaral wrote his book in 2008.  The result of the mobile traffic was not available to him.  The book was written to clear his name as he stated in the 2012. Panorama and deals with the evidence available to the PJ at the time.

So not connecting Murat and Gerry  cannot be said to be reliable information.
Iirc in late 2007  it was said the PJ had evidence that Gerry and Murat knew each other  in the Portuguese press. It's in the timelines. Also McCannfiles.

Richard Hall also makes a couple of factual errors - for instance, he states that David Miliband was foreign secretary at the time of the disappearance; he was not. However obviously overall the videos are excellent and a great primer for anybody not familiar with the case and a great summary for those who are.

One thing new I did take from them was the bit where he points out the location of the Salsalito guest house. Bear in mind that the official story is that the Eveleighs traveled half way round the World to seek out this particular rural idyll, yet in reality its location is completely unremarkable - they must have passed over quite a few more picturesque spots before settling on that one, which would have been a lengthy and not to say dangerous trek by road from Faro airport at the time. Makes you wonder exactly what kind of bohemian setup they were aiming for - or maybe I've just seen Die Screaming, Marianne too many times (i.e. once).

I was contemplating starting a thread about Gerry's political allegiances - he rubbishes the suggestions that he met Murat through the Labour party (I wonder where they originated) by claiming to be a lifelong Conservative - presumably the only Glaswegian Tory ever then, especially given his upbringing in relative poverty - it sounds a bit like protestethething a bit too much.

I'm guessing Kate=Scouser=Labour?

Hi Clay -

I think it was Robert Murat who was the Conservative Party enthusiast here...

I could be wrong, though.

____________________
'Tis strange, but true; for truth is always strange...
(from Lord Byron's 'Don Juan', 1823)

missbeetle

Posts : 985
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2014-02-28
Location : New Zealand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rich Vein of Research

Post by tigger on 18.09.14 10:18

@missbeetle wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@tigger wrote:I'm afraid Richard Hall is a secondary source at best, research is done by going through the original files from which others have drawn their conclusions.

Even when e.g. Assessing the Iliad, a researcher starts with the original untranslated texts.

New information also needs to be evaluated, Dr. Amaral wrote his book in 2008.  The result of the mobile traffic was not available to him.  The book was written to clear his name as he stated in the 2012. Panorama and deals with the evidence available to the PJ at the time.

So not connecting Murat and Gerry  cannot be said to be reliable information.
Iirc in late 2007  it was said the PJ had evidence that Gerry and Murat knew each other  in the Portuguese press. It's in the timelines. Also McCannfiles.

Richard Hall also makes a couple of factual errors - for instance, he states that David Miliband was foreign secretary at the time of the disappearance; he was not. However obviously overall the videos are excellent and a great primer for anybody not familiar with the case and a great summary for those who are.

One thing new I did take from them was the bit where he points out the location of the Salsalito guest house. Bear in mind that the official story is that the Eveleighs traveled half way round the World to seek out this particular rural idyll, yet in reality its location is completely unremarkable - they must have passed over quite a few more picturesque spots before settling on that one, which would have been a lengthy and not to say dangerous trek by road from Faro airport at the time. Makes you wonder exactly what kind of bohemian setup they were aiming for - or maybe I've just seen Die Screaming, Marianne too many times (i.e. once).

I was contemplating starting a thread about Gerry's political allegiances - he rubbishes the suggestions that he met Murat through the Labour party (I wonder where they originated) by claiming to be a lifelong Conservative - presumably the only Glaswegian Tory ever then, especially given his upbringing in relative poverty - it sounds a bit like protestethething a bit too much.

I'm guessing Kate=Scouser=Labour?

Hi Clay -

I think it was Robert Murat who was the Conservative Party enthusiast here...

I could be wrong, though.
I think you're right Miss B., Gerry iirc even took part in fund raising events for the Labour party, perhaps that gave him ideas?  laughat

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Rich Vein of Research

Post by Guest on 18.09.14 10:23

@tigger wrote:

I think you're right Miss B., Gerry iirc even took part in fund raising events for the Labour party, perhaps that gave him ideas?  laughat

I must say it makes a heck of a lot more sense.

Does anybody know if Murat's career as a double glazing salesman included any stints with any of Kennedy's companies?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum