The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

My QUESTION for this week.........did any of the McCann/Healy 'families' ACTUALLY 'search'?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My QUESTION for this week.........did any of the McCann/Healy 'families' ACTUALLY 'search'?

Post by PeterMac on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm

aiyoyo wrote:
Kate said no one was around, so no witness to say one way or another what they were doing.
They might have been doing their leisure jog for all we care.

And dont forget that `gerry had known known about the Tannerman for the past 8 hours or so, but hadn't bother telling anyone.
Even when they went jogging he didn't tell Kate
And he didn't tell her and suggest they followed the possible routes . . .

That is not incomprehensible.

It is perfect and clear evidence of something entirely other.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My QUESTION for this week.........did any of the McCann/Healy 'families' ACTUALLY 'search'?

Post by NickE on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:04 pm

They searched for Madeleine across Pdl.

NickE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 pm

PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:
Kate said no one was around, so no witness to say one way or another what they were doing.

And dont forget that `gerry had known known about the Tannerman for the past 8 hours or so, but hadn't bother telling anyone.

Bingo.

It's up there with deciding to test the shutters when your daughter could be just around the corner.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:36 pm

jeanmonroe wrote:Casey5 wrote:

But didn't any of the 3 grandparents, sisters, brothers, friends etc think it strange that none of them were engaged in the search?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

But didn't any of the 3 grandparents, sisters, brothers, friends etc think it STRANGE that none of THEM, WERE ASKED, to 'engage' in the 'search'? (for THEIR 'missing' family member)
Would you wait to be asked if your little 3 year old relative, especially if it's your granddaughter, was missing?
I would assume Kate and Gerry must be in shock and start organising search parties myself. Then if I saw them jogging or playing tennis I would ask them what the hell they thought they were playing at.
But then I never could understand Diane Webster, if my daughter had been intent on leaving my grandchildren on their own I would have stayed in and made myself beans on toast.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:38 pm

BlueBag wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Bingo.

It's up there with deciding to test the shutters when your daughter could be just around the corner.

Also up there imo,  - is when your wife tells you your daughter has been snatched by someone, and that same night, you decide you need to try and get some sleep because you need your rest.   Strange behaviour unless you know different ?

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:56 pm

BlueBag wrote:
PeterMac wrote:
aiyoyo wrote:

Bingo.

You found your daughter gone/taken and your immediate concern was to test the shutter?

Beggars belief that a doctor's immediate reaction was not about the urgency to search, a desperation and urge to search, but a desperation to prove how the abductor came in or went out, as if that would help anything?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Yes, they needed some rest because they had been 'very busy' in the previous few days. Remember - that's what Kate told the TV presenter who asked Kate why she didn't join the searches that night.

KM and GM had been 'so busy' prior to Thursday evening that, by then, they really needed some kip.

As always, straight from the horse's mouth.

And, remember 'the first 48 hours you are 'non-functioning', according to Kate. I had always assumed that this raised the suggestion that *something* had happened to Madeleine on Monday. For 48 hours after that Kate had been 'non-functioning' (but not Gerry, imo) so that would be up to Wednesday evening. By Thursday evening, Kate was functioning enough to raise an alarm, along with her husband and their friends, that Madeleine had 'been abducted' on Thursday evening.

But I am now thinking that maybe *something* happened on Saturday or Sunday (and I know there are others who have suggested this). That would mean that the 'non-functioning' 48 hour period for Kate would have been Sunday and Monday. Or Monday and Tuesday.

Which leaves Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday as the periods in which the McCanns had both been "very busy" indeed.

I haven't studied the phone pings as much as some. But I wonder if this possible time-frame for *something* happening to Madeleine (at the weekend) fits in with phone activity and/or other actions/events/non-events/red flags among key players?

Certainly, this time frame would fit in with Murat's last minute flight booking late on Monday evening. 

What about the day that there were reports in the media that the McCanns were in Sagres? Was that supposed to have been Sunday or Monday? The day that an eye-witness reported a suspicious Polish couple photographing children in a covert fashion? The couple were caught on CCTV camera at a cafe owned by a relative of Murat's, I do believe? A curious co-incidence, is it not?!

And were there also some reports that the suspicious Polish couple also filmed the McCann children this day? Is that correct, I am sure I have read that somewhere? Did it get 'whoosed'? And, in any event, if the media reported the McCanns as being in Sagres early that week, why does this not appear in Kate's book?

How on earth could that not be mentioned by Kate, but have been reported by the media? They can't both be right. Why would the media make this up?

And, even if the suspicious Polish couple didn't film the McCann children (because, according to Kate's book, the couldn't have filmed them in Sagres that holiday, because they weren't there!)  why would Kate not mention this couple in her book? The fact that a suspicious couple were covertly filming children in a resort nearby earlier in the week? How did Kate not know that this couple were not 'the couple' that stole Madeleine - seeing as Kate told social worker Yvette Martin that 'a couple' had stolen Madeleine. Perhaps it was the Polish couple, Kate?

And what is the day that those who believe Madeleine was in an apartment in Berghau - when some have suggested those creepy photos were taken with her looking sad in make-up - could that possibly have been Sunday or Monday?

IMO the tennis ball photo and the 'last photo' by the pool are both fake. In which case, *something* happened to Madeleine before Tuesday, imo. And the fact that there is absolutely no genuine photo or film or footage of Madeleine on that holiday AFTER the footage of her on the airport bus in Faro (assuming that this is her) not from friends, family, other holiday-makers, not from ANYONE. 

Not even on Saturday when Madeleine allegedly went swimming with Kate in the freezing cold Ocean Club pool. But there are no photos of this event as, according to Kate in her book,  you are 'not allowed to take photographs of your own kids in swimming pools any longer'.

Really? Not allowed - why? Who said? Or is this yet another of Kate's unbelievably convoluted explanations for why there are no photographs of this memorable occasion on the holiday? After all, Kate ran back to the apartment to get her camera to take a photo of Madeleine playing mini-tennis on Tuesday, according to her book. 

So, the reason Kate didn't do the same on Saturday was because you are 'not allowed to'.

Not allowed to? Or not able to? Or, possibly, didn't want to have ANY completely up-to-date photos of Madeleine from that holiday, or just before that holiday because it would have been too easy to identify her. Too easy for friends, family, siblings to scrutinize the photos, compare the photos, work out exactly when and where Madeleine was last seen. Exactly what Madeleine looked like. And so on. 

Confusion is good - Madeleine's father says so!

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:28 pm

worriedmum wrote:
PeterMac wrote:"Back in the apartment the cold, black night enveloped us all for what seemed like an eternity. Dianne and I sat there just staring at each other, still as statues. ‘It’s so dark,’ she said again and again. ‘I want the light to come.’ I felt exactly the same way. Gerry was stretched out on a camp bed with Amelie asleep on his chest. He kept saying, ‘Kate, we need to rest.’ He managed to drift off but only briefly, certainly for less than an hour. I didn’t even try. I couldn’t have allowed myself to entertain sleep. I felt Madeleine’s terror, and I had to keep vigil with her. I needed to be doing something, but I didn’t know where to put myself. I wandered restlessly in and out of the room and on to the balcony.
At long last, dawn broke."

It was night time.
So it was dark.

As someone pointed out, it was not too dark to go out for dinner
not too dark to go home again
not too dark to go back - the women on their own - Tanner and Kate - to the apartment to check
BUT too dark then to go out with others to look for a missing child.

Note to the McCanns - PdL has streetlights !  Which were lit.
Good post Peter.

I highlighted Gerry's 'Kate, we need to rest' quote because I find it incomprehensible.

Kate drops herself and Gerry into deep shit big time with her big suicide note of a bewk.

The pertinent question might be why Gerry feel they so desperately needed the rest?  
In anticipation of what?
What had they been up to in the past hours that tires them out that they desperately needed to rest?  
They had a leisurely day sans children doing their own things followed by dinner, nothing demanding that calls for rest to be prioritised over search for missing daughter.
Unless Madeleine met her fate a day earlier than 3rd and they were too busy planning and actioning disposal, doing the cleaning etc that they hadn't slept for the last 24 hours; hence Gerry's body clock overwhelmed him that he couldn't fight off sleep so at the same time he urged Kate to do the same.

No reason to be able to fall asleep at will, when you found your daughter gone and you believed a sexual predator took her, unless your body clock overrides your will.

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Not going out to search for a little one alone, lost and terriftied in the dark is so counter intuitive I have sometimes wondered whether the McCs couldn't leave the apartment as they had to be around to monitor the twins. The only way not going out and searching until strength failed would be if the remaining children needed them more, IMO.

Monty Heck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Monty Heck wrote:Not going out to search for a little one alone, lost and terriftied in the dark is so counter intuitive I have sometimes wondered whether the McCs couldn't leave the apartment as they had to be around to monitor the twins. The only way not going out and searching until strength failed would be if the remaining children needed them more, IMO.

That is a good point actually,  you would think she would have been too upset and beside herself with KNOWING Madeleine had been taken, but yet she had the sense of mind to go over and check the twins breathing ?    Why ?   Why would she think clearly enough to do that and yet not get them to hospital for a check ?     She and Gerry may have spent most of that night worrying about the twins and keeping a close eye on them but couldn't tell anyone the reason why  ? All my opinion only.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sami on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Just an observation but they did not leave the apartment to search, and the blue bag was photographed in the wardrobe that night.  They were also reported as doing one of their wailing Arab impressions on the bed of the same bedroom.  The cynic in me wonders if they needed to keep people out of the bedroom at all costs, so scared the bejasus out of the PJ wailing and stayed in the apartment to ensure nobody returned to the bedroom.

sami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:10 pm

The pertinent question might be why Gerry feel they so desperately needed the rest?  
In anticipation of what? 

What had they been up to in the past hours that tires them out that they desperately needed to rest?  
They had a leisurely day sans children doing their own things followed by dinner, nothing demanding that calls for rest to be prioritised over search for missing daughter.

In anticipation of the police questioning. And in anticipation of the media interviews. And all the hard work needed to set up The Fund. 

It's funny, though, because in Kate's book she writes that David Payne , that very night, send an email to Sky News, as you do, alerting them to 'the abduction' of Madeleine. Apparently he found the email address on their website so it remained buried in some inbox.

Oh, what a shame! No direct line to Rupert, then? I am sure he would have been out and about joining the search parties for Madeleine that night!

But, I digress. Back to David Payne. The following evening, Friday 4th May, David Payne phoned the Met Police child abuse  team. A 100 second call is logged at 11.13 that evening. But, astonishingly, David Payne claims he cannot remember making the call! 

Well, well! What was all that about. One minute dishing out a juicy story to Sky News, the next phoning the Met Police child abuse team.

Panic all around, methinks!

Also of interest, possibly, is that Kate claims in her book that when she phone her best mate Michelle on the night that Madeleine allegedly disappeared, her partner, Jon Corner, on being told what had happened (I presume this means on being told that Madeleine had been 'abducted' - but how did Kate know what had happened?!) said, according to Kate: "you're joking, aren't you."

Apparently, Michelle and Jon had been asleep at the time of the call, according to Kate in her book.

Curious - "you're joking" were the words that Jez Wilkins apparently used when he was supposedly woken up by Matt and the OC resort manager at 1am in the early hours of Friday morning to be told that Madeleine 'had been abducted.' And he and his partner, Bridget O'Donnell promptly went back to sleep after this news.

As you do.

Another of those strange coincidences, perhaps?

And isn't it funny how Kate and Gerry and their friends knew what had happened to Madeleine when they allegedly weren't there at the time it happened? And had nothing to do with what happened.

So how could they have known what had happened?

Just purporting theories, as always.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:12 pm

missmar1 wrote:
Monty Heck wrote:Not going out to search for a little one alone, lost and terriftied in the dark is so counter intuitive I have sometimes wondered whether the McCs couldn't leave the apartment as they had to be around to monitor the twins. The only way not going out and searching until strength failed would be if the remaining children needed them more, IMO.

That is a good point actually,  you would think she would have been too upset and beside herself with KNOWING Madeleine had been taken, but yet she had the sense of mind to go over and check the twins breathing ?    Why ?   Why would she think clearly enough to do that and yet not get them to hospital for a check ?     She and Gerry may have spent most of that night worrying about the twins and keeping a close eye on them but couldn't tell anyone the reason why  ? All my opinion only.

Yes, a very good point. IMO the twins had been drugged - and not by the 'mystery abducter'.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm

j.rob wrote:
missmar1 wrote:

Yes, a very good point. IMO the twins had been drugged - and not by the 'mystery abducter'.
Could some-one please remind me who looked after the (possibly drugged) twin siblings of a child allegedly abducted from her bed, when their parents went out at six o'clock in the morning?

worriedmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:28 pm

worriedmum wrote:
j.rob wrote:
missmar1 wrote:

Could some-one please remind me who looked after the (possibly drugged) twin siblings of a child allegedly abducted from her bed, when their parents went out at six o'clock in the morning?

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:33 pm

worriedmum wrote:
j.rob wrote:
missmar1 wrote:

The twins were taken to the Paynes' apartment so I'd hope Fiona looked after them?

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:37 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
worriedmum wrote:
j.rob wrote:
missmar1 wrote:

The twins were taken to the Paynes' apartment so I'd hope Fiona looked after them?

Didn't Kate write about Gerry getting his head down on a camp bed with one of the twins lying on his chest ?  What time did the twins get taken to the Paynes apartment if they were still in their own when Gerry was laying down with one of them trying to snatch some sleep ?
Eta, thinking about it - I may have read it wrong about it being a camp bed - because why would they be using a camp bed ?  sorry if I'm seeming a bit thick here.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 pm

This part of the timeline on the McCannfiles is just a question mark Missmar, at some point between 4:30am and 6:00am it seems.

Reading what supposedly happened on their 6:00am search is interesting along with later admitting not physically searching.

The Times reports that: 'Later, at about 6am, the McCanns went out alone and walked around the scrubland on the outskirts of the village, holding hands and calling Madeleine's name. There was nobody else around and they felt utterly alone.'

David James Smith writes that: 'They got up at first light and went to search alone on the open scrubland beyond the resort, wandering around, calling Madeleine's name. It was cold and lonely – there was no answer.'

These reports, both from The Times, are contradicted by Kate's admission, in her BBC interview with Jane Hill, that she never did anything that could be described as 'physically searching'.

Is the Jane Hill interview the recent one? Reason I ask is the Times article says they were alone searching open scrubland on the outskirts of PDL exactly where SY searched.

And now Kate would rather let people think she never searched? Hmmm  

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:42 am

TheTruthWillOut wrote:This part of the timeline on the McCannfiles is just a question mark Missmar, at some point between 4:30am and 6:00am it seems.

Reading what supposedly happened on their 6:00am search is interesting along with later admitting not physically searching.

The Times reports that: 'Later, at about 6am, the McCanns went out alone and walked around the scrubland on the outskirts of the village, holding hands and calling Madeleine's name. There was nobody else around and they felt utterly alone.'

David James Smith writes that: 'They got up at first light and went to search alone on the open scrubland beyond the resort, wandering around, calling Madeleine's name. It was cold and lonely – there was no answer.'

These reports, both from The Times, are contradicted by Kate's admission, in her BBC interview with Jane Hill, that she never did anything that could be described as 'physically searching'.

Is the Jane Hill interview the recent one? Reason I ask is the Times article says they were alone searching open scrubland on the outskirts of PDL exactly where SY searched.

And now Kate would rather let people think she never searched? Hmmm  

It's also the opposite way to where Tannerman was heading.

What was going through Gerry's head?

Things that make you go hmmmm...

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by woodforthetrees on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:03 am

With regard to Gerry having a sleep on the camp bed and telling Kate to get some rest... this reminds me of something a police officer once told me… It was this (or similar words)... 

"When an incident has occurred and we have a person in custody awaiting charging or movement to court the next day, we always check on them in the holding cell a few hours into the evening. The majority of the time, a guilty person will be sound asleep, they know they have committed their crime, they are resting to prepare themselves to be alert for the next steps. An innocent person is usually either crying, banging on the door protesting their innocence or simply walking around the cell looking confused, scared and wondering how they got into the situation and what they need to do to get out"

IMO (and carefully worded so not libelous) , Gerry knew that the search was a waste of time, he knew his position now the cat was now out of the bag and was exhausted from whatever had happened that evening/the previous evening, so his mind and body were telling him to rest to prepare for the next chapter of events.

woodforthetrees

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Latetothecase on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 am

If KM's excuse for lack of photos is not being allowed to take pictures of your own kids at a swimming pool, why then is the alleged last photo taken on the..erm..swimming pool?

It's almost like no one even bothered to proof read this book before publication.

Interesting point of Sami's regarding potentially wanting to keep people out of the bedroom. IIRC KM stayed firmly planted sitting on the bed while the rest of the resort went out in the dark searching. Keeping vigil, as PeterMac said.

Latetothecase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HelenMeg on Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:10 am

woodforthetrees wrote:With regard to Gerry having a sleep on the camp bed and telling Kate to get some rest... this reminds me of something a police officer once told me… It was this (or similar words)... 

"When an incident has occurred and we have a person in custody awaiting charging or movement to court the next day, we always check on them in the holding cell a few hours into the evening. The majority of the time, a guilty person will be sound asleep, they know they have committed their crime, they are resting to prepare themselves to be alert for the next steps. An innocent person is usually either crying, banging on the door protesting their innocence or simply walking around the cell looking confused, scared and wondering how they got into the situation and what they need to do to get out"

IMO (and carefully worded so not libelous) , Gerry knew that the search was a waste of time, he knew his position now the cat was now out of the bag and was exhausted from whatever had happened that evening/the previous evening, so his mind and body were telling him to rest to prepare for the next chapter of events.
Agree with what you say - totally - makes sense

HelenMeg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:25 pm

dantezebu wrote:"FRIDAY, MAY 4: No sleep, Gerry and I started looking through the streets around 06.00 as it was starting to get light. Nobody around. Why not?"

Because love, if you can't be arsed to search, why should anyone else?

..... exactly the time that a man in a car reported to the police seeing a couple (man and a woman) carrying a child near the marina. When he caught them in his headlights, they turned away and quickly walked up a side street.

Hmmm. I wonder who they were?     titter

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:45 pm

Gaggzy wrote:
dantezebu wrote:"FRIDAY, MAY 4: No sleep, Gerry and I started looking through the streets around 06.00 as it was starting to get light. Nobody around. Why not?"

Because love, if you can't be arsed to search, why should anyone else?

..... exactly the time that a man in a car reported to the police seeing a couple (man and a woman) carrying a child near the marina. When he caught them in his headlights, they turned away and quickly walked up a side street.

Hmmm. I wonder who they were?     titter

If this report is true and the man did see a man and woman carrying a child at that time - then, given the massive reporting on this case, why have they never come forward ?  

When you think about it, if this sighting was true, and, given the very early time of day, the woman and man would have known it was them who was seen carrying a / their child, if innocent, they surely would have come forward to explain it was them the man saw.....by not coming forward,and  given the time and circumstances, surely, they are under suspicion that they could be the abductors  ?   Wonder why SY did not put this information out on the Crimewatch programme to try and find out who the man and woman was  ?    I mean to say, crecheman came forward after so long ...all my opinion only.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:12 pm

They allowed the crime scene to be contaminated for three hours, until the PJ arrived and sealed off the children's bedrooms.

They did not wake up the twins despite their being 'unnaturally' quiet and lying in a strange crouch position and despite Kate thinking that they might have been drugged to keep them quiet. Not one of the doctors checks they are okay or recommends a medical check, despite an alleged (paedophile) attacker haven stolen their sister.

Russell asks for McCanns for their digital photos of Madeleine and goes off 'somewhere' with their camera (ah - so there were digital photos of Madeleine on their camera??)

Gerry asks Kate to stay in the apartment with the twins. He also asks Fiona to stay with Kate. Kate at this stage is in her bedroom, kneeling beside the bed, praying.

Fiona Payne and Kate verbally abuse neighbour Mrs Fenn who had offered to phone police but is told by Gerry that this had already been done. She is asked no questions, despite being an important eye-witness.

Kate places her hands on the twin's backs 'to check for chest movements, basically for some sign of life'. (Gee, I'm glad Kate doesn't work in A+E!!)

Kate cannot shake the image of Tweedledum and Tweedledee out of her head when the GNR officers arrive.

Silvia - Ocean Club maintenance and services manager - arrives and helps with translating. Kate welcomes her help.

Jane tells Fiona about her sighting of the man carrying the sleeping child at 9.15pm. Jane informs police of this sighting when they arrive.

Gerry calls his sister Trisha who is a nurse. She and her husband Sandy are Madeleine's godparents.

Trisha and Sandy call the Foreign Office in London, the British Consulate in the Algarve and the British Embassy in Lisbon requesting assistance.

Trisha and Sandy are left with the job of telling the rest of Gerry's family.

At 11.52 Gerry speaks to Kate's Uncle Brian and Auntie Janet in Rothley, at her request. Brian contacts the duty officer at the Foreign Office in London.

Gerry contacts Kate's parents. They phone friends and family.

When the PJ arrive, David Payne asks them if they should get media involved and they are firmly told: 'No media!'

It is only when the PJ arrive that the children's bedroom is sealed off. The twins are still in a deep sleep. Fingerprints are taken. Passports are handed over to police.

Kate asks resort staff to find a priest to come and pray with them.

Kate phones her friend Father Paul Seddon, the priest who had married her and Gerry and baptized Madeleine.

Kate phones her 'best mate' Michelle. She writes that nobody answered the home phone. But that eventually at 3am she speaks to Michelle's partner Jon Corner (director in media production in Liverpool) on his mobile. When she tells him what has happened he says: 'you're joking, aren't you? Kate apparently has to urge him to wake Michelle up.

When the PJ head for the apartment door, Kate anxiously asks where they are going and 'frantically' ties to establish what would be happening 'for the remaining hours of darkness.'

David Payne ignores police advice and emails Sky News.

Rachael ignores police advice  and contacts a friend of hers at the BBC seeking help and advice. Several friends in the UK inform the press 'some time after 7am.'

Staff put up two extra cots in the Payne's apartment and the McCanns carry the still sleeping twins into the Payne's sitting room. Kate sits on the couch with Fiona holding one of the twins. Fiona holds the other.

At Kate's insistence, Gerry and Dave 'went out again' to look for 'some signs of Madeleine'.

Kate notes that there are 'a handful of officers hanging around. None of them appeared to be doing very much.' 

Kate walks briskly up and down Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva (an interesting choice of road to search on, perhaps, given that Kate is apparently not told about Jane's 'sighting' until the morning when Gerry apparently shares this development with her)  'sometimes breaking into a jog, clinging to the hope that I'd spot something in the dark. The fear of Madeleine being dumped somewhere and dying of hypothermia started to hijack my thoughts.'

Kate returns to the apartment and sits with Dianne. They both sit staring at each other,'still as statues'. 'It's so dark,' says Dianne, again and again. 'I want the light to come.' Kate 'felt exactly the same way.'

Gerry is lying on a camp bed with Amelie asleep on his chest. He kept saying: 'Kate, we need to rest.'

Gerry manages to drift off 'but only briefly, certainly for less than an hour.'

Kate doesn't even try to sleep. 'I felt Madeleine's terror, and I had to keep vigil with her. I needed to be doing something, but I didn't know where to put myself. I wandered restlessly in and out of the room and on to the balcony. At long last, dawn broke.'

So - that's what Kate says they did.

---------------

Also of note that fateful evening:

At 1pm, Matt and the resort manager wake up Jeremy Wilkins, 'Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' producer who is staying in the resort with his wife Bridget O'Donnell and their two children. Matt tells Jeremy that Madeleine has been abducted and that Gerry had seen him earlier that evening and wondered if he had seen anything. Jeremy Wilkins says: 'you're joking.' This and much more of interest is recorded in Jeremy's police statements.

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum