The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine - Page 3 Mm11

Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine - Page 3 Mm11

Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine - Page 3 Regist10

Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine - Page 3 Empty Re: Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine

Post by Guest 18.08.14 9:33

Cherry Blossom wrote:
Doug D wrote:Out of interest, this 'statement' does not appear on the Met Police's Press Release site.

That is interesting Doug D,  when I first read the story in the Daily Express I searched other online newspapers for the statement and found nothing, has far as I know no mention on Sky/bbc/itv news, if there had been I'm sure a member would have said.

Why would the statement only appear in the Express? Why I wonder wasn't it read out on any of the news channels or printed by other newspapers?

Perhaps the Express made up the article.  It is August after all!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine - Page 3 Empty Re: Met chief vows no let-up in search for Madeleine

Post by Woofer 18.08.14 10:21

nglfi wrote:I'll admit I don't know anything about investigations of this scale, but I do know people in the police force and standard procedure in normal investigations is to have a briefing meeting each morning/start of shift, where progress in all aspects of the case is discussed.  It's not up to each individual to decide who might be responsible for the crime, but since everyone is aware of what everyone else is doing,  it soon becomes obvious where the evidence is taking the process.  AFAIK people are free to express their opinion and there are no secrets, but people are given tasks and they have to report to everyone at each briefing what they are doing (albeit briefly). The person in charge is then responsible for collating the information and deciding who might be charged. If some completely random patsy gets charged who has nothing to do with it, any member of staff can complain to the IPCC or internally about it. Also, people are picked to be on these serious and high profile teams randomly,  the procedure was changed recently,  so it's not like AR  could pick cronies. That said,  as I said at the beginning I don't know if high profile cases work any differently, but this is standard procedure.

Thanks nglfi.  If this is standard procedure, surely it can`t be a whitewash.  But I keep remembering that GA thinks it`s a big show.
Woofer
Woofer

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18.08.14 10:25

Ladyinred wrote:
Cherry Blossom wrote:
Doug D wrote:Out of interest, this 'statement' does not appear on the Met Police's Press Release site.

That is interesting Doug D,  when I first read the story in the Daily Express I searched other online newspapers for the statement and found nothing, has far as I know no mention on Sky/bbc/itv news, if there had been I'm sure a member would have said.

Why would the statement only appear in the Express? Why I wonder wasn't it read out on any of the news channels or printed by other newspapers?

Perhaps the Express made up the article.  It is August after all!

He could have mentioned it over dinner, on Thursday, cut out the rest of the bumf,  this is what he said.

BRITAIN’S top policeman vowed to keep going in the hunt to discover what happened to Madeleine McCann after Scotland Yard’s major operations this summer.

Yesterday, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe said: “The investigation is still ongoing and we will not be reducing the team.”

He praised Portuguese authorities for allowing Yard detectives to take part in the summer search.

“A reasonable amount of progress has been made,” he added.
However, no trace of Madeleine has been found and police have no idea what happened to her.

Sir Bernard believes the ideal way to tackle the case is with a joint squad of British and Portuguese police.

That would speed up many aspects of the inquiry, but authorities in Lisbon are against the move.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by espeland 18.08.14 11:51

I'm not surprised that the investigation is taking so long, but am not happy that there is still no idea what happened to Madeleine. I imagine if her body was found there would still be extreme doubt who was to blame, unless she was found on/near the route to Huelva or Fatima.

But what I don't think there's any doubt about is that the McCanns have commited fraud, with the T7 and others also involved. I remember Gordon Brown publicly told them in 2007 to keep quiet - which they've patently ignored and instead pursued a course which has kept them and the fund in the limelight.

I know I've said it before, but I believe a fraud enquiry should be established. I'm not involved with the Police or legal services, but I see no reason if they were prosecuted and found guilty of fraud, that they couldn't later be prosecuted for other crimes, at least in the UK. In other words, the establishment of a fraud enquiry wouldn't necessitate closing the current enquiry and should, I believe, produce a result far more quickly.

espeland
espeland

Activity : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam S 18.08.14 13:30

Anybody who expects justice in this case will be sorely disapointed. If they haven't nailed the real culprits 7 years after the event they never will. My opinion only.
Sam S
Sam S

Activity : 124

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top