The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 14:20

Maybe the stars will all come out to defend him in due course. But you would have expected his backing group to have defended him straight away wouldn't you but they still seem to be waiting in the shadows .Can't see Cilla  ,lorra ,lorra   his best friend defending him ,after all she said  'Rolf Was  a Lovely ...man

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Post by missmar1 on 17.08.14 16:02

@Markus 2 wrote:Maybe the stars will all come out to defend him in due course. But you would have expected his backing group to have defended him straight away wouldn't you but they still seem to be waiting in the shadows .Can't see Cilla  ,lorra ,lorra   his best friend defending him ,after all she said  'Rolf Was  a Lovely ...man

It does seem a little odd that no-one has yet spoken to the press on his behalf  ?   You would think they would be queuing up to sing his praises considering he has flat out denied the accusation against him ?

Personally, I have always liked Cliff Richard and am deeply upset and shocked if this accusation is true.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 17.08.14 16:18

Maybe he's asked his show biz mates to keep quiet and they have.
After all, journalists have been known to twist words and tell fibs in newspaper articles.  
Much better if there are no "stand by your man" stories - plenty of time for them to be called as character witnesses if or when it becomes necessary.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 16:24

Suppose there is time but when you think the only one out there in the beginning to defend him was Gloria Hunniford his close friend . Gloria Hunniford has leapt to the defence of close friend Sir Cliff ...2days ago

All besotted with fame ,celebrity ,they cant see past it

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 16:30

@Casey5 wrote:Maybe he's asked his show biz mates to keep quiet and they have.
After all, journalists have been known to twist words and tell fibs in newspaper articles.  
Much better if there are no "stand by your man" stories - plenty of time for them to be called as character witnesses if or when it becomes necessary.
Is it going to get that far, I wonder. nah  I have no idea if he will need  a character witnesses but he has hundreds of so called friends out there, yet, only Aunty Gloria to defend him up to now ,seems odd imo.

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.08.14 16:34

@TheTruthWillOut wrote:
With the possible corruption/cover ups etc that we know goes on at this high level is it not surprising that these leaks are happening?

You make my point very clearly.
Some of the team of Grange will be parents.
They will be appalled at the alleged serial and calculated abandonment by 9 parents of 8 children.
Can you imagine that not one would have a quiet drink with a tame journalist, or make an anonymous telephone call to an editor in the event that someone tries to cover it up ?
Seriously ?

Or is Redwood going to write his book - or publish what he has already written, as soon as he retires.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.08.14 16:41

@Markus 2 wrote:
Is it going to get that far, I wonder.  I have no idea if he will need  a character witnesses but he has hundreds of so called friends out there, yet, only Aunty Gloria to defend him up to now, seems odd imo.
I think a lot of friends of the famous got burned over Clifford and Savile, and Harris and the DJ creep, not to mention the Geldoff Heroin-deniers, and the industry might just be beginning to lick its collective wounds.
Just because you get invited to use a house on an island in the Caribbean - when the owner is NOT THERE - does not mean you know anything about the private life of that, or any other individual.

Or as Wittgenstein said "Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey5 on 17.08.14 16:45

@Markus 2 wrote:
Is it going to get that far, I wonder. nah  I have no idea if he will need  a character witnesses but he has hundreds of so called friends out there, yet, only Aunty Gloria to defend him up to now ,seems odd imo.
I don't know either but then, who would have thought that Rolf Harris would end up in prison? Maybe his mates have contacted him directly giving their support and see no need to speak to the media.
The media print what they like anyway, which makes it doubly odd that there has been little spillage from the McCanns' neighbours, colleagues etc. The only adverse piece I've ever read was from someone who was at Uni or Med school with Gerry, I think and didn't like him. The media, on the whole, has fawned over them.

Casey5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 17.08.14 17:05

If Tammy Wynette was still alive, I'm not sure she would defend him.      big grin

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by comperedna on 17.08.14 17:45

Petermac - That's what gets me re the McCann case. Some of that large police team working under Redwood will be parents, some may even have children of Madeleine's age when she disappeared. Just as I can't believe the groups of people probably at least partly in the know about what happened there in PDL because they were there, and to some extent involved would shut up for ever, even less do I believe at least one decent copper (and surely most will be decent, even if their brief has been ridiculously limited) would not break ranks and covertly brief someone like Nick Davies of the Grauniad or someone from Private Eye abut the true state of affairs.

comperedna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.08.14 17:54

I would guess that Private Eye has its 8 page pull out supplement already written
They are no friends of C-R, and would relish the opportunity to have a go

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 19:06

SIR Cliff Richard’s official biographer has revealed how he interviewed 350 people for his book – and not one of them mentioned any rumours of sexual abuse.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/151385/Diehard-Cliff-fans-show-support-over-allegations
Mr Turner said: “This has come as a surprise, a real shock, because for as long as I’ve known Cliff – since 1970 – nobody has ever accused of him anything like this.

Who is Mr Turner? British author and Christian Steve Turner
http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/music/Steve_Turner_The_Author_Talks_About_His_Books_on_Johnny_Cash_and_The_Beatles/25013/p1/

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.08.14 19:39

Cliff still not returned to Britain, then? Wonder what the hold up is?  thinking 

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 on 17.08.14 19:55

Dee Coy wrote:Cliff still not returned to Britain, then? Wonder what the hold up is?   thinking 

I know we shouldn't jump to conclusions but I would have thought he would have been on the next plane back when the story broke to the general public to give a tv interview denying everything  - but per'haps he thought why should he ?   

Until we know more I will reserve judgement.

missmar1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 21:55

John McElynn  QUOTE HIS MOTHER "He left for the same reasons so many of them leave the Priesthood.
He married wealthy Catholics and helped poor children. If there is something there I bet it will come out . What did his mother mean exactly ?

His mother, 85-year-old Betty McElynn, also admits he is no longer a priest, saying: "He left for the same reasons so many of them leave." Although she declined to go into details about a decision that was clearly painful for her, she added: "I know about his new life and Sir Cliff, of course. I hope they are happy. But I was surprised to hear that he was advising Sir Cliff on property. That never was John's thing, as far as I know."

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.08.14 23:07

I would hazard a guess that the celibacy rule for priests is what Mrs McElynn was referring to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 23:17

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I would hazard a guess that the celibacy rule for priests is what Mrs McElynn was referring to.
Could be, nothing serious , about fifty when he left the church, resisted it that long apparently but the lure of Sir Cliff was too strong it seems.

Looks like he was forty-six at the time.

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 17.08.14 23:18

@Markus 2 wrote:SIR Cliff Richard’s official biographer has revealed how he interviewed 350 people for his book – and not one of them mentioned any rumours of sexual abuse.
An official Biographer is surely much the same as a paid spokesman
And attracts the same level of credibility.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 17.08.14 23:20

Dee Coy wrote:Cliff still not returned to Britain, then? Wonder what the hold up is?   thinking 

Unable to secure a booking on Flybe! big grin 

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 23:28

@PeterMac wrote:
@Markus 2 wrote:SIR Cliff Richard’s official biographer has revealed how he interviewed 350 people for his book – and not one of them mentioned any rumours of sexual abuse.
An official Biographer is surely much the same as a paid spokesman
And attracts the same level of credibility.

Especially so when  they are both from the same evangelical mindset .

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17.08.14 23:46

It's a bit like hiring a private detective to look for your missing child - hypothetically speaking of course. You'll only choose a disreputable one who'll say exactly what you want him to say!

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 17.08.14 23:57

quote I would hazard a guess that the celibacy rule for priests is what Mrs McElynn was referring to.

Yes it seems he took a four year sabbatical ,time enough to make up his mind which way to go maybe, or  is there another explanation why he had such a long time out. ?

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus 2 on 18.08.14 0:46

@aiyoyo wrote:

Unable to secure a booking on Flybe! big grin 

Have a feeling he is waiting for overwhelming support before he comes back, from the likes of these

Michael Parkinson says BBC's actions 'would have done the red tops credit' following live airing of raid on Richard's home I think the Cliff Richard case only highlights the feeling there is some kind of witch-hunt going on.

Markus 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 18.08.14 6:58

This is what I think is happening.

This is a manufactured showcase. 

This is almost as big as it gets in Britain, Cliff has been a much loved household name for over 50 years.

Cliff will be found innocent.

There will be outrage that this should ever have got this far.

There will be laws introduced to protect people including politicians and other high flying upper members of what is called society.

Problem - Reaction - Solution.

People are so easy to manipulate.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum