The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Post by aquila on 16.08.14 12:14

@Snifferdog,

You should see some of the so called 'ministries' in South Africa. They are no better imo. I know from bitter experience. The really weird thing is that 'pastors' (who gain mickey mouse degrees from the US Virgin Islands and call themselves Professors of Divinity) set up 'model ministries' based on a US model. Then there is the 'inter ministry' (you'll find this on their websites - showing how 300 churches/ministries are aligned and come together in synchronicity) with its wonderful websites hardly ever updated and showing pictures of handing food to less well off folk in Africa. Of course, these ministries don't come cheap and the 'worshipper' is told to pay for the pastor and his family and the elders of the church who drive 4x4's, don't work in regular jobs and spend their time bashing that Bible to vulnerable people.

Sorry if I've strayed off topic here. Just needed to get that off my chest.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ***NEW***Cliff Richard reinterviewed by police [BBC News, 5 Nov] (was: Sir Cliff breaking news!)

Post by aiyoyo on 16.08.14 12:18

Thanks PM, Woofer, and Snifferdog for the respective replies.

No offence to anyone religious, but I don't buy the crap that christians have the monopoly on morals or goodness.  

Aren't the McCanns born-again Christians?

BTW, latest RC's news - he sacked his Girl Friday PA, Gill Snow, after 39 years of loyal service

Something must have happened behind the scenes.
In view of the timing, you got to wonder why now?

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aiyoyo on 16.08.14 12:25

I got the date wrong?

Oops sorry!

aiyoyo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 16.08.14 14:23

But surely this type of raid has been done this way before. In the case of that Weatherman 'Fred the Weather' or what ever his name was. Peculiar guy who used to jump across the weather map on 'This Morning'. Wasn't his house raided while he was away on holiday? I know he was out of the country at the time. This too was released to the media - but I don't remember any uproar or questions of the policing prcess from MPs and Celebs etc about this. Perhaps not a big enough name. I do know that these were historic charges again, about his time as a teacher pre-weather map days. A week or so ago it was reported that he has been charged and is now awaiting his day in court.

I think bachelor boy is just spinning it back on the police, and he's known about this for way more than a couple of months. Don't know whether he is guilty of anything, but he does appear from his initial stance to be doing a Mccann - attacking those in the front line who (might) want to get to the truth.

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by truthfultiger on 16.08.14 14:46

I am a born again Christian and definitely agree that Christians have no monopoly on being good. Part of a Christian is to realise that we all do bad things, but as a Christian I should be sorry when I realise that we have sinned and try not to do it again. I was alarmed when I read the allegations about Cliff Richard a few months ago re the guest house and had a look at some of his video interviews. Far be it from me to judge anyone and he may indeed be innocent but I couldn't reconcile his self centred image obsessed behaviour with any deep connection with Jesus.

On an unrelated (or related depending on opinion on his guilt) it is quite well known that psychopaths and paedophiles are present in all groups of people and often infiltrate religious communities as being religious is a handy mask for all sorts of horrific behaviour and there are also many vulnerable and trusting people within such communities.

truthfultiger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 16.08.14 14:49

I believe I am right in thinking that when Elm House first came up, it was rumoured at the time that he took out one of those super-injunctions that nobody is allowed to know about to try and keep it under the radar.

Maybe that's what the police were scared of happening this time if he was given notice, which would not have given it the exposure and the opportunity for others to come forward.

Never did get to grips with super-injunctions though. Should I not say this on here, but then again if I don't know about it, how can I be guilty of posting something I shouldn't, especially when the 'guest list' can be found just by googling?

It never did Ryan Giggs any good either as he still made the front pages, although I don't think I have ever seen a certain crispy ex-footballers name actually mentioned, although everybody knew who was being talked about.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j.rob on 16.08.14 15:54

Cliff Richard and Tony Blair were chums it would seem. With the Blairs holidaying at Cliff's villa in Barbados many times. It all started because Cliff felt sorry for Blair as he was looking 'haggard' around the time of the war in Iraq.

Well, a guilty conscience can interrupt with a good night's sleep, I suppose. I am sure one of Cherie's health advisors and gurus could have given Tony some tips on the importance of living a life that is guided by some moral and ethical principles and guidelines.  

Or maybe they both felt that being practicing Catholics was good enough.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2006/aug/24/artsnews.labour

All sorts of dirt being dished here which seems to link in with the paedo cess-pit. No idea as to the veracity of the contents, but it makes for intriguing reading:

http://thecolemanexperience.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/tony-blair-mossad-jill-dando-cliff-richard-paul-condon-and-the-vip-child-abuse-scandal/

j.rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 16.08.14 16:02

@Woofer wrote:Anyway - just like to say that I don`t believe Cliff would do, or have done, the awful things suggested because he is a Christian.
Really?

Look at the paedophile scandal enveloping the catholic church and they are all christians.
Look at the number of paedophiles found in the boy scout movement and many of them are christians.

It's like saying someone can't be a paedophile because they are a teacher/copper/miliitary/social worker/doctor etc.

Any one, of any sex. of any religion, of any race, of any nationality,of almost any age,in any job can turn out to be a paedophile.

Paedophiles tend to be attracted to jobs or organisations where they come into contact with children, depending on their preference, they may be drawn more to one type of job or organisation over another (they like them real young then nurser, they like them older then perhaps the scouting movement.

Look at jimmy savile.
He couldn't have done all those awful things because he worked as a volunteer porter in hospitals, he was famous, he did a bucketload of charity work, he fixed things for children, yet, the ugly truth has come out and turned out to be one of the most prolific paedophiles going as well as sundry other perversions.

The problem is celebs bank on their celebrity to allow them to get away with things.
With enough money, enough fame, they can literally get away with murder.

Hollywood is rife with paedophilia and parents turn a blind eye if it means little johnny or little tiffany becomes famous.
The entertainment business is rife with paedophilia so little johnny or little tiffany gets their 15 mins of fame.
The modelling industry, the same, little girls in particular are  dressed as mini adults and sexualised and society thinks aww cute.
They had to bring in a law regarding the age of models as they had prepubescents dressed up and made up to look adult.

What about child beauty pageants?
A paedophile paradise when the parents ( mostly mons) dress their young daughters like vegas showgirls hoping to make it bigtime with modelling and movies in their eyes.( JonBenet anyone?)

Cliff richard has a huge problem because of that piece of paper linking him to elm guesthouse.
How to explain that away, especially since others on the list have been convicted (iirc)

Like so many that have been named and prosecuted, some with success and some without, there were rumors circulating for years even decades yet it was hushed up because they made people rich or it was all part of  celeb/rock 'n roll lifestyle of that era.

With cliff there have been runors for decades about his sexuality.

Personally i think he is gay.

However revealing it would have damaged his career when he started out.
As time passed he stayed silent on it since as a christian being gay would have been seen as sinful.
His fans who have grown old with him would be horrified and scandalised if he came out.
If he started out today  it wouldn't bother people what his orientation was, we are more tolerant.

If he is charged  will he make a strong reliable denialor will we see the wishy washy  weak statement of denial as we have seen?

We shall have to wait and see what happens next.

Either way that piece of paper  will continue to haunt him.

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.08.14 17:03

Oh dear Hobs, I feel awful now.  I was being a mischief - sorry it`s my wicked sense of humour.   roses 

Of course I agree with everything you`ve said.

As this raid wasn`t part of Operation Yewtree, I`m wondering if it`s anything to do with the Jill Dando murder - would that have been why a magistrate signed the warrant?

http://aanirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/cliff-richard-victim.html

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.08.14 17:06

[url=http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=He0S6tFOGPUC&pg=PA346&lpg=PA346&dq=Father+John+McElynn++whitestone+new+york&source=bl&ots=NJ8gFsgoWY&sig=uk5wtmx4R1YEgKPsDlXsOCqZEwE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dXrvU7PNIpTN7AbnxYCQDw&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Father John McElynn whitestone new york&f=false]http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=He0S6tFOGPUC&pg=PA346&lpg=PA346&dq=Father+John+McElynn++whitestone+new+york&source=bl&ots=NJ8gFsgoWY&sig=uk5wtmx4R1YEgKPsDlXsOCqZEwE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dXrvU7PNIpTN7AbnxYCQDw&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Father%20John%20McElynn%20%20whitestone%20new%20york&f=false[/url]

Page 345 is where his relationship with Father John McElynn is described.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 16.08.14 17:16

I've just got back from an afternoon down in my local. Only three bottles of Crabbie's, nothing too over-the-top.

Anyway, I spent an interesting hour or so talking to my mate, Dave. It wasn't long before the conversation turned to the current situation Cliff Richard finds himself in.

Now Dave, let me tell you, loves his alcohol. He often spends the session downing pint after pint of stuff like Crème de menthe, De Kuyper Cherry brandy, and Warninks Advocaat, more attracted to the colour of the drinks than the taste or alcoholic content.

But today, Dave, much to my surprise was boozing pints of vodka.

Neat.

'Not having any coke or lemmo in that, Dave?' I chanced.
'Nah, Gaggzy. I wanna keep a clear head today ... therefore the clear drink.'
I suppressed a laugh and just shrugged. 'Any reason, Dave?' I said then took a long pull on my Crabbie's.
'Oh yes,' he said with a knowing nod.

He then began to relate the following opinion of his. I don't remember it verbatim. He mumbled and stumbled over his words regularly. He drooled and dribbled and peppered his vocabulary with swear words, the likes of which would have embarrassed a team of drunken rugby players on a stag night.

But the gist of his story, which gradually attracted a small crowd of Saturday afternoon drinkers, was all about Cliff Richard being just one of the VIP figures being protected in the Madeleine McCann case.
He claims he was taking part in the 'swinging' at the Ocean Club that week .... he knows what happened to Madeleine ... and who was responsible for her death ... he even reckons she is buried on his property .... (this brought gasps from the assembled drinkers) ... and he reckons Harry Webb will sing like a fricking canary if the coppers try to do him.

Just before Dave fell forward and passed out due to being as fissed as a part - he managed to say that the McCanns will be gritting themselves because they know if Kitty squeals, they're done for.

Four of the gathered lads caught Dave before he went face-first on the stone floor and carried him outside just before he brought a pint of clear liquid up on the pub steps. The taxi driver appeared satisfied that there'd be no more throat eruptions in the back of his cab before driving him home.

Me and the lads spent the rest of the afternoon talking about Dave's theory with loads of purporting going on over chilled pints.

It was really good.

I hope Dave enjoys tomorrow's hang-over.

bomb     puke

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.08.14 17:39

@Woofer wrote:[url=http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=He0S6tFOGPUC&pg=PA346&lpg=PA346&dq=Father+John+McElynn++whitestone+new+york&source=bl&ots=NJ8gFsgoWY&sig=uk5wtmx4R1YEgKPsDlXsOCqZEwE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dXrvU7PNIpTN7AbnxYCQDw&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Father John McElynn whitestone new]http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=He0S6tFOGPUC&pg=PA346&lpg=PA346&dq=Father+John+McElynn++whitestone+new+york&source=bl&ots=NJ8gFsgoWY&sig=uk5wtmx4R1YEgKPsDlXsOCqZEwE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dXrvU7PNIpTN7AbnxYCQDw&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Father%20John%20McElynn%20%20whitestone%20new%20york&f=false[/url]

Woofer, I can't access the page. Could you post it up perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.08.14 17:40

laugh Poor Dave. I like the sound of your local though Gaggzy, stimulating discussions among enquiring -if a little bit pickled- minds.

Back to top Go down

Post by jay2001 on 16.08.14 18:33

Gaggzy ~ I know we shouldn't laugh, but your afternoon sounded like a hoot ~ read your post out to Mr J and he laughed too, especially at the fissed as a part!

Must admit when Mcs were getting all and sundry to pledge money etc in the heady days of 2007 that they never contacted Cliff.  Or, perhaps they did and he could tell their story didn't ring true ~ whatever.

Peter Mac ~ I always find your posts interesting, but now know you class me as brain dead.  As a pre teen I loved Cliff and have most of his LP's etc then in 1965 I moved on (!) to Keith Richards, then Spencer Davis Group, Steve Winwood and Traffic.  There will be fans now who will be distraught ~ they queue for days living in tents whenever he's  appearing in Birmingham.  He found God and I no longer liked his music ~ too poppy and cheesy and I love most kinds of music genres nowadays.  My Mom will be shocked, but I did mention things I'd read last year about Elm GH.

jay2001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobs on 16.08.14 18:38

No worries Woofer, here's a big hug xx  friends

it could be

it seems like a lot of muck is being dragged up from the past, all those who thought they were safe and secure ue to who and what they knew are now finding said support has upped sticks and buggered off scarpish

Anyone who relied on political friends to cover their butts seem to forget  they can be voted out as well as in and todays bigwig is tommorows shelf stacker and when the net starts closing in on all their little pecadillos then it is every man for themselves and first to talk wins the prize

Hobs

View user profile http://tania-cadogan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by GrizzleyBear on 16.08.14 18:39

Why are all these types knighted?

GrizzleyBear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.08.14 19:45

parapono wrote:
@Woofer wrote:[url=http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=He0S6tFOGPUC&pg=PA346&lpg=PA346&dq=Father+John+McElynn++whitestone+new+york&source=bl&ots=NJ8gFsgoWY&sig=uk5wtmx4R1YEgKPsDlXsOCqZEwE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dXrvU7PNIpTN7AbnxYCQDw&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Father John McElynn whitestone new]http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=He0S6tFOGPUC&pg=PA346&lpg=PA346&dq=Father+John+McElynn++whitestone+new+york&source=bl&ots=NJ8gFsgoWY&sig=uk5wtmx4R1YEgKPsDlXsOCqZEwE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=dXrvU7PNIpTN7AbnxYCQDw&ved=0CBQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=Father%20John%20McElynn%20%20whitestone%20new%20york&f=false[/url]

Woofer, I can't access the page. Could you post it up perhaps?

It won`t copy and paste parapono, but if you google `father john mcelynn whitestone new york` you should get just one result which is `Cliff Richard The Biography - Google Books Result` at the page where it starts.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.08.14 19:53

@Hobs wrote:No worries Woofer, here's a big hug xx  friends

it could be

it seems like a lot of muck is being dragged up from the past, all those who thought they were safe and secure ue to who and what they knew are now finding said support has upped sticks and buggered off scarpish

Anyone who relied on political friends to cover their butts seem to forget  they can be voted out as well as in and todays bigwig is tommorows shelf stacker and when the net starts closing in on all their little pecadillos then it is every man for themselves and first to talk wins the prize

Thanks Hobs - glad you took it in good faith  roses

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaggzy on 16.08.14 20:13

Is Cliff saying to the crowd, 'Mark my words, England will beat West Germany 4-2 in next month's World Cup Final at Wembley.'

Gaggzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 17.08.14 2:29

...and we're off....now BBC, Crime tsar, Police Service, Government, Leveson, External Investigation. (will Hacked Off join in soon?)

I make pastry very occasionally. I don't need a recipe as it was drummed into me. It seems now there's another recipe I can discard.

BBC in crisis over Cliff raid: Police fury at TV chiefs who screened dramatic swoop 

• BBC showed footage of police officers raiding Cliff Richard's home
  • South Yorkshire Police have sent letter of complaint to Director-General
  • Sir Cliff has already voiced anger that BBC knew of raid before he did

By Martin Beckford
Published: 21:58, 16 August 2014  |  Updated: 23:22, 16 August 2014

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mouse on 17.08.14 3:55

PR Mag Circulation quote understood to have been hired by Richard in recent months, and is co-ordinating with other senior figures at his agency to represent the singer - from the PR Mag circ. - Phill Wall, PHA Founder, (someone imo that may appear to see himself as the new MC on the block. (Maxie C of the Red Tops)..

[size=34]Hall aids Cliff Richard as star rejects sexual assault allegations[/size]

Added 40 hours ago by John Owens , 2 comments

PHA Media founder and former News of the World editor Phil Hall is providing PR support for Sir Cliff Richard as the star hits back at allegations of sexually assaulting a schoolboy.

News

in[size=11]Share
[/size]
Cliff Richard: Working with Phil Hall
Hall is understood to have been hired by Richard in recent months, and is co-ordinating with other senior figures at his agency to represent the singer. 

Richard's name is dominating the headlines after it emerged his Berkshire home was searched by police following a claim that a boy under the age of 16 was attacked at an event in Sheffield in 1985.

Yesterday Richard dismissed the allegations as "completely false", adding that he had previously chosen not to "dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen".

As well as Hall, Richard is thought to be currently working with publicist Lisa Davies.

The full statement from Richard reads:  

"For many months I have been aware of allegations against me of historic impropriety which have been circulating online.

"The allegations are completely false. Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.

"However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire today without notice, except it would appear to the press.

"I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will cooperate fully should the police wish to speak to me.

"Beyond stating that today's allegation is completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation has concluded."

PHA Media declined to comment. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't you just love the comment at the bottom! PHA Media, a PR Company declining to comment further??? A PR Co. declining to make a statement about their vip client -to a PR Mag - ooh err - don't think I'd want to hire them if I was a VIP - if they couldn't even handle a  slant/statment to their own guys - they're hardly gonna sell themselves to other clients in a spot.......

mouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 17.08.14 9:26

Is this the same Phil Hall that is the Uncle of Ross Hall ?

"
[*]

James Robinson
Friday 2 September 2011 20.58 BST

A 30-year-old man who has been arrested by police investigating the phone-hacking scandal at the News of the World is believed to be Ross Hall, a former journalist at the paper who now works for a financial PR firm.

Hall, who worked under the name Ross Hindley until September 2006, is believed to be the man who transcribed the "for Neville" email that was sent to private investigator Glenn Mulcaire. It has become a pivotal piece of evidence in the phone-hacking affair.

That email contained a transcript of messages left on a mobile phone belonging to Gordon Taylor, the chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Association. The "Neville" referred to in the email is believed to be Neville Thurlbeck, the paper's chief reporter.

There is a dispute among senior executives at News International, which owned the paper until it was closed in July, over who knew about the "Neville" email.

The paper's former editor Colin Myler and its lawyer Tom Crone insist they told News International chairman James Murdoch about the existence of the email in 2008, before the company decided to settle a legal action which Taylor had brought against the paper. But Murdoch denies that he knew about the email.

Taylor received an out-of-court settlement of £700,000, and agreed not to discuss the case.

Hall is the nephew of Phil Hall, who edited the News of the World from 1995 to 2000 and is now a PR consultant.

The Metropolitan police said a 30-year-old man was arrested by appointment on suspicion of conspiracy to intercept voicemail messages and perverting the course of justice at a north London police station on Friday. He was later released on bail until January next year.

Some background reports on Ross Hall and his connection to Lori Campbell (the journalist who reported Robert Murat to the police), Phil Hall and the McCanns: 

Street Of Shame: Phoney Evidence (Geddit?), ? July 2009

Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of the missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann, are looking for a new full-time public relations adviser after their current PR, Justine McGuinness, decided to step down.

Ms McGuinness has told journalists she is planning to cease acting as the McCann's PR on Saturday, September 15.

However, she is believed to have assured the McCanns that she will stay in place if a replacement cannot be found.

A spokeswoman for the McCanns' solicitors, Kingsley Napley, confirmed that Ms McGuinness was stepping down from her role as the couple's PR.

One reason Ms McGuinness has given to journalists for her departure is that the McCanns have been ordered to remain silent because of the changing nature of the investigation and she feels she cannot help them further.

Another is Ms McGuinness's workload - she has been "working 18 hours days for a number of weeks now" according to a source familiar with the situation.

The couple are thought to be looking for a "big hitter", according to one source familiar with the situation, to work as their full-time PR representative as the investigation into their daughter's disappearance enters a new phase.

Ms McGuinness, a 37-year-old former Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate, was selected through a headhunter to oversee the PR campaign to aid the search for the couple's daughter.

But it is now thought that the McCanns are looking for a different kind of PR advice after they became suspects in the inquiry into their daughter's disappearance and media coverage has become more negative.

The couple are understood to be consulting a number of senior industry figures about their media strategy, with the leading candidate thought to be former News of the World and Hello! editor Phil Hall.

Mr Hall today admitted to MediaGuardian.co.uk that he had been "speaking regularly" to the couple since their daughter disappeared on May 3 in the Algarve in Portugal.

The newspaperman turned PR executive said: "I have spoken to them a number of times and offered advice and [help] assessing the situation and what they are doing going forward and whether they need someone full time or part time."

Asked if he was being lined up to be their full time PR representative, Mr Hall said: "We are discussing the way forward. I have not been hired ... and I gather they are talking to other people."

Asked if he was being paid by the McCanns for his advice he insisted that he was not, adding: "What, when they call up, do I ask them, 'how much?' Of course not. They are very nice people."

Before Ms McGuinness's arrival in Portugal, the McCanns' media relations were handled by a team from the British government led by Sheree Dodd, a former tabloid journalist.

Then Clarence Mitchell, an ex-BBC news presenter, became the voice of the McCanns before Ms McGuinness took over.

Friends and family have also been quoted in newspapers, including Mr McCann's sister Philomela, who is quoted in today's Sun newspaper describing moves by the Portuguese authorities to examine Kate McCann's private diary as "just another way to stick the knife in".

If Mr Hall or a figure like him is hired, it will mark a new phase of the couple's campaign to prove their innocence.

It will also be the second of two high-profile so-called PR "fire-fighting" signings for Mr Hall.

He was taken on by Sir Paul McCartney's estranged wife Heather when newspaper interest in her separation from the former Beatle reached fever pitch in the summer of 2006 and she was targeted for a number of negative stories.

Mr Hall moved into PR in 2005 when he quit his job as Trinity Mirror's editorial director, after losing out to Richard Wallace in the race for the Daily Mirror editor's chair.

He joined Trinity Mirror in 2003 from the Press Association, where he headed the news agency's contract publishing arm.

He quit his job at PA in January 2003 to join Trinity Mirror as the editorial director.

Mr Hall edited the News of the World for five years before leaving in 2000 to make way for Rebekah Wade. He became the editor of Hello! in January 2001 and helped land a number of scoops, including the rights to Victoria Beckham's official autobiography, Learning to Fly.

The McCanns' legal firm, Kingsley Napley, declined to comment on Mr Hall's professional involvement with its clients.

McCanns in PR talks with Phil Hall PR Week

Staff Brand Republic, PR Week UK
14 September 2007, 10:47am

LONDON - The embattled parents of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann are talking to Phil Hall, former News of the World editor turned PR man, about handling their media relations.

The news comes as Gerry and Kate McCann face intense media pressure following their return form Portugal after being officially named as suspects by the Portuguese police in the disappearance of their daughter.

Phil Hall Associates is thought to be one of a number of big-name PR firms being considered by the McCanns, who have been in the spotlight now since their daughter disappeared on May 3.

Hall would replace Justine McGuinness, a former Liberal Democrat candidate, who has worked with the McCanns since June.

Since returning from Portugal at the weekend, the storm surrounding the couple has intensified along with speculation about the fate of Madeleine.

Hall is the former editor of the News of the World and Hello! magazine, who made the switch to PR and has represented a sting of high-profile clients including Heather Mills during the break-up of her marriage to Sir Paul McCartney. He has also represented Millwall and West Ham football clubs.

Hall was editor of the News of the World for five years until 2000, when he was replaced by the current editor Rebekah Wade. He then moved to Hello!, before a stint at the Press Association's contract publishing division and then, in 2003, he joined Trinity Mirror in an editorial development role.

Whoever takes on the McCanns case will have to deal with global media interest. The story has sparked unprecedented media attention, which has turned increasingly negative in recent days.

In the last week they have been under siege at their home in Rothley in Leicestershire, with reporters tracking their every move.

Hall said yesterday that he had been talking to the McCanns, but said he had not been hired.

Prior to McGuinness working with the McCanns, the family had help from the British government, which was headed by former tabloid journalist Sheree Dodd, who was followed by a former BBC news journalist Clarence Mitchell.

Names have been changed to protect the… guilty?

Apart from sidestepping the fact that everyone conveniently "forgetting" the transcript does not explain its existence or contents, Myler's evidence in this respect was wrong.

Ten minutes in the cuttings database of News of the World stories reveals that Ross Hindley, the office junior who in June 2005, according to Myler, had a week earlier been a messenger boy, had had his first "additional research" credit in the paper five years earlier, on 30 April 2000, on a story about the first anniversary of the Admiral Duncan pub bombing in Soho.

Since 2000 he had had regular bylines of his own, on such stories as "Harman silent on 'dope' son" (1 February 2004), and had been part of the Screws reporting team, working with Clive Goodman, on Charles and Camilla's wedding in April 2005. In 2004, while a reporter for the Romford Recorder, he had been highly commended in the Essex Young Journalist of the Year awards.

Don't forget to write!

When Myler told the PCC that Hindley was "a junior reporter who has since left the newspaper", he was again being misleading, to say the very least. After April 2005 Hindley had more than 50 bylines in the paper until 17 September 2006 – two weeks after Clive Goodman was charged – when they stopped. In the following issue, 24 September 2006, a new byline appeared – that of "Ross Hall", who then had more than 100 credits in the paper up to April 2009, including on big stories such as the Madeleine McCann disappearance.

Hall and Hindley are of course one and the same person – currently on a round-the-world trip with his/their fiancée. Let's hope they remember to send Colin Myler a postcard from New Zealand!

The 'round-the-world trip' was actually between Jan 2009 and the early part of 2010 [the Commons culture select committee met in July 2009]:

Key witness will testify on News of the World phone hacking The Guardian

David Leigh and Vikram Dodd
Tuesday 7 September 2010 21.17 BST

- Extract -

Following his return from a round the world trip which made it impossible for him to be summoned to answer the committee's questions, Hall in June found a job with a London PR firm.

And Ross Hindley/Hall's partner? Lori Campbell.

Four continents & 22 countries in a year.. Sunday Mirror

By Lori Campbell 16/05/2010

- Extract -

With the credit crunch taking hold and the country heading for recession, many thought I was mad to give up my job. But I felt it was the perfect time.

First, though, I had to convince my partner Ross, a reporter on another paper, that it was a good thing to do. When I finally got home on that rainy night, I tested the water by casually mentioning to him how great it would be to pack our bags, jump on a plane and travel the world.

He shocked me by calling my bluff, saying: "There's no point in just talking about it, let's do it!" So over a few glasses of wine we started to add up what savings we had... and it dawned on us that it wasn't an unrealistic dream.

We wondered if we were brave enough to give up our home, the security of our jobs and leave our friends and families for a year.

(...)

In January last year we'd saved most of what we needed so we took the plunge and booked our round-the-world tickets through STA Travel.

A few weeks later we both handed in our notice. My colleagues were thrilled for me but also shocked. A few told me how "brave" they thought I was, but it was obvious from their faces they really meant "mad".

CMS Report: Committee condemns 'collective amnesia' at News International over phone hacking journalism.co.uk

By: Judith Townend
Posted: 24 February 2010

- Extract -

Key inconsistencies in News International evidence, as reported by the committee:

[*]
The 'junior' reporter who transcribed voicemail messages "for Neville" [Thurlbeck, chief reporter, who only gave evidence to the committee in private]Ross Hindley is not 20 and was not being trained as a junior reporter, as legal manager Tom Crone first told the committee. He is in fact 28 and nephew of the former News of the World editor Phil Hall. He joined the paper in 2005 having worked on local newspapers. He had been contributing to the paper for five years previously. From 2006, he used his mother's maiden name as his byline.

News of the World execs guilty...of nepotism Press Gazette

Posted by Dominic Ponsford on 8 September 2010 at 09:09

News of the World executives were guilty…of nepotism at least it seems.

The Guardian has tracked down the author of the "for Neville" email of typed-up hacked phone conversations, which journalist Nick Davies presented to the Commons culture select committee.

It turns out that he is Ross Hall, a nephew of former News of the World editor Phil Hall.

He was out of the country at the time of the select committee hearings last year so couldn't testify but now he's working in PR and told The Guardian that he would talk to the new Commons Home Affairs Committee phone-hack inquiry.

"If asked, I will tell them what I know," he said.

Back in July last year, Guardian journalist Davies produced the email transcript of a hacked phone conversation during his testimony to the Commons culture and media committee.

It appeared to suggest that at least two further journalists at the News of the World had knowledge of phone-hacking: the individual who wrote up the June 2005 transcript, after listening to hacked phoned calls, and the person named at top the of the email, which was headed up: "This is a transcript for Neville".

You can view a redacted version of the email in question here.

MPs quizzed NoW execs about the email the following week.

News International head lawyer Tom Crone, told MPs that Ross Hall ( who was not named at the time) did not remember the particular job. Hall was also described as a former messenger who was being trained as a junior reporter at the time.

On the question of whether chief reporter Neville Thurlbeck had seen the email, Crone said: "His position is that he's never seen that email and never had any knowledge of it."

Hall's LinkedIn profile (now deleted but here's a Google cached version) suggests he was rather more senior than the impression previously given.

It claims he joined the NoW as a reporter/features researcher/editorial assistant in August 1995 and that between 2004 and March this year he was a senior news reporter.

Hall's profile says he was: "An investigative news reporter covering high-profile stories including the London and US terror attacks and the disappearance of Madeleine McCann."

He currently works as "associate vice president" of a PR company and says he is: "A specialist in dealing with attacks on reputation and issues and crisis communications."

The McCanns connection to Phil Hall...

McCanns' PR steps down The Guardian

Ben Dowell
Thursday 13 September 2007 15.51 BST

Phoney Evidence (Geddit?) Private Eye

Unknown date - likely to be July 2009, or shortly afterwards

[*]

Ross Hall, 04 September 2011

Ross Hall WDR Consultancy

Sunday, September 4, 2011

The 15th person to be arrested in the News of The World phone-hacking investigation is the youngest. A 30-year-old man went to a North London police station by appointment on Friday, and was questioned about phone-hacking and perverting the course of justice, before being released on bail until at least January. He's reported to be Ross Hall aka Ross Hindley.

Ross is the nephew of former News of the World editor, Phil Hall. Uncle Phil took the big chair in 1995, and Ross followed a year later, working in school and college holidays, and quite often on Saturdays. He worked as a messenger, and sometimes on Saturdays, he covered the Editor's PA's phones when the PA had gone home. Phil moved on in 2000, making way for Rebekah Wade. Ross undertook some more formal training with the Archant group of newspapers in Essex - I was on a judging panel with Richard Kay and Antony Clavane that gave him a commendation in the Essex Young Journalist of the Year award in 2004 for stories in the Romford Recoder. He returned to the News of the World as a reporter in 2005.

He used the byline Ross Hindley until September 2006, reverting to his mother's maiden name when his parents divorced. Thenceforward he's won over 100 bylines until 2009, when he went travelling around the world with partner and Sunday Mirror reporter Lori Campbell. Lori's previous claim to fame was going to Portuguese police with concerns about the behaviour of ex-pat Robert Murat, after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann - eventually 11 British newspapers paid over £500k in damages to Murat. Ross and Lori both achieved a substantial number of bylines from the McCann story in Portugal. Lori is currently part of the team working for (Uncle) Phil Hall's pr company, PHA Media.

In June 2010, Ross got a job with Financial Dynamics, a PR firm based in Holborn, working on "special projects". At one stage, his website described his skills thus "Ross currently helps clients facing scrutiny. Using his deep understanding of tabloid investigative techniques, he advises on how to neutralise media attacks."

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 17.08.14 12:31

Could the source of the leak to the press originate from MWT? The last paragraph of this article fits in with this case: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/feb/24/mark-williams-thomas-jimmy-savile

The latest South Yorkshire Police press release does state they were contacted by a BBC reporter "some weeks" before this raid (though I thought I read a Telegraph article stating it was a BBC producer): 

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/force-clarifies-bbc-involvement-berkshire-search-warrant

With the possible corruption/cover ups etc that we know goes on at this high level is it not surprising that these leaks are happening?

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum