The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 12 Mm11

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 12 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 12 Mm11

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 12 Regist10

Possible Action Against The Times

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 12 Empty Re: Possible Action Against The Times

Post by Guest 08.08.14 12:34

I'm with you Cristobell.

I accept that there are some things that seem a bit odd about the Smith statements but, in my view, that's an enormous jump to saying that they all, including children, deliberately lied.

I have yet to see anything that convinces me that Martin Smith and Robert Murat were anything more than casual acquaintances so why he would put his whole family at such risk to defend him, I don't know.

We'll be discussing this issue until the cows come home, I think!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 12 Empty Re: Possible Action Against The Times

Post by Justformaddie 08.08.14 13:10

I've just read on another thread here that an Irish officer wrote to the pj to tell them Martin refused to participate in an efit drawing with Brian Kennedy and refused to tell him what happened! BK referred to the mcs friend! 
IMO
What I mean is did Martin know BK was friends of the mcs, so he didn't participate?

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing36 08.08.14 13:56

The E-fits have always baffled me.

Why did they plaster two pictures of what are clearly white Englishmen all over Crimewatch then go chasing Portuguese burglars, drug dealers and youngsters?

What was the purpose?  There appears to be no purpose as they have been following another line of investigation.
Pershing36
Pershing36

Activity : 721

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 08.08.14 14:02

Justformaddie wrote:
ShuBob wrote:
worriedmum wrote:Tony said   ''So we know that Murat lied.

What is so difficult about believing that his friend Martin Smith also lied?''

Murat may or may not have lied, but Martin Smith is a different person.

I know a lot of people but I would not call them my' friend ' just because I know them.

I agree with Cristobell. I  believe the Smith family sighting and the truthfulness of the Smith family.

I'm with you two.

Until new facts emerge, it's pointless trying to convince me otherwise.
Been thinking about this, if Martin fabricated smithman, to help Murat which is horrible on its own, but not impossible, they must at least, be on speaking terms to communicate. Like, hi mate thanks. Anyway, if Murat was called to help the mcs, then Murat probably knew or knew off the mcs. I'm confused too but, why then in sept07 would Martin tell police he's 60 to 80% sure it was gm? If Martin made it up, could he be that heartless to say he's that percent sure it was the father of the child? Would Murat not have let him know it was a favour for a friend of a friend, describe tannerman but nothing else? I understand Martin helping out Murat if he did, but I don't understand martins statement about gm. I take this to mean Martin did see a smithman.
No facts all IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 08.08.14 14:27

Varriott wrote:The real questions are why did Andy Redwood make them public, and why did he do so in particular last October.
To make it look as though the shed load of your tax 'dollars' was being spent on something ever-so productive, perhaps? When there is nothing to find, I imagine you've got to grasp at any straw you can, as unlikely as it may seem. Then you've got to hype it with sensationalist movie-style trailer language, 'amazing, new, never-before-seen evidence'. All I am seeing is money wasted on police jollies to the Algarve and a string of unlikely patsies. Why not just blame it on Jimmy Savile, and have done with this farce? Just in my opinion. Allegedly. Etc.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 08.08.14 14:30

Justformaddie wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

I know a lot of people but I would not call them my' friend ' just because I know them.

I agree with Cristobell. I  believe the Smith family sighting and the truthfulness of the Smith family.

I'm with you two.

Been thinking about this, if Martin fabricated smithman, to help Murat which is horrible on its own, but not impossible, they must at least, be on speaking terms to communicate. Like, hi mate thanks. Anyway, if Murat was called to help the mcs, then Murat probably knew or knew off the mcs. I'm confused too but, why then in sept07 would Martin tell police he's 60 to 80% sure it was gm? If Martin made it up, could he be that heartless to say he's that percent sure it was the father of the child? Would Murat not have let him know it was a favour for a friend of a friend, describe tannerman but nothing else? I understand Martin helping out Murat if he did, but I don't understand martins statement about gm.
No facts all IMO
Good point.  The damage to Gerry from this statement being released must have been horrendous.  No wonder they suppressed the efits.  Of course DCI Redwood didn't mention that bit in the Crimewatch program, but Gerry's similarity to the efits was unmistakeable.  It certainly explains Kate's shocked 'just seen a ghost' expression in that iconic photograph.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 08.08.14 14:43

Cristobell wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:
ShuBob wrote:

I'm with you two.

Been thinking about this, if Martin fabricated smithman, to help Murat which is horrible on its own, but not impossible, they must at least, be on speaking terms to communicate. Like, hi mate thanks. Anyway, if Murat was called to help the mcs, then Murat probably knew or knew off the mcs. I'm confused too but, why then in sept07 would Martin tell police he's 60 to 80% sure it was gm? If Martin made it up, could he be that heartless to say he's that percent sure it was the father of the child? Would Murat not have let him know it was a favour for a friend of a friend, describe tannerman but nothing else? I understand Martin helping out Murat if he did, but I don't understand martins statement about gm.
No facts all IMO
Good point.  The damage to Gerry from this statement being released must have been horrendous.  No wonder they suppressed the efits.  Of course DCI Redwood didn't mention that bit in the Crimewatch program, but Gerry's similarity to the efits was unmistakeable.  It certainly explains Kate's shocked 'just seen a ghost' expression in that iconic photograph.
Agreed Cristobel, IMO there was a smithman and though Martin had met Murat, I can't see him involved. Friends can be friends of friends, PDL is a smallish town, people know people, but this crime is way too big, even for family help, this is an innocent 3yr old child.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web 08.08.14 15:41

AFAIR the Smiths were insistant that the person they saw didn't wear glasses. Robert Murat did wear glasses. It's almost like they were only interested in getting RM off the hook and placing the blame elsewhere.

Just my opinion.

Tangled Web.
Tangled Web

Activity : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthandjustice 08.08.14 15:49

Pershing36 wrote:The E-fits have always baffled me.

Why did they plaster two pictures of what are clearly white Englishmen all over Crimewatch then go chasing Portuguese burglars, drug dealers and youngsters?

What was the purpose?  There appears to be no purpose as they have been following another line of investigation.
Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they were testing public opinion (in terms of how many callers might give a particular name) in order to measure the probability of getting away with a whitewash? Or am I being too cynical?
Truthandjustice

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Possible Action Against The Times - Page 12 Empty 28 pages and its all about the Smiths

Post by Praiaaa 08.08.14 16:58

The thead title is about possible action.
Then we have 28 pages of stuff about the Smith sighting which reprises all the other numerous threads about the Smiths.
Would be great to have a thread that did not become yet another Smiths thread...
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.08.14 18:52

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:I'm with you Cristobell.

I accept that there are some things that seem a bit odd about the Smith statements but, in my view, that's an enormous jump to saying that they all, including children, deliberately lied.

I have yet to see anything that convinces me that Martin Smith and Robert Murat were anything more than casual acquaintances so why he would put his whole family at such risk to defend him, I don't know.

We'll be discussing this issue until the cows come home, I think!

Those who believe the Smiths are honest witnesses and those who don't think they are can co-exist. The differing beliefs are not mutually exclusive. I'm quite comfortable with my position.
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob 08.08.14 18:53

Praiaaa wrote:The thead title is about possible action.
Then we have 28 pages of stuff about the Smith sighting which reprises all the other numerous threads about the Smiths.
Would be great to have a thread that did not become yet another Smiths thread...

I get you Praiaaa  blushing1 
ShuBob

Activity : 1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Beanie 09.08.14 21:34

ShuBob wrote:
Praiaaa wrote:The thead title is about possible action.

I get you Praiaaa  blushing1 
I agree, so many threads are morphing into a smith thread.
Beanie

Activity : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 09.08.14 23:33

Smithman is having exactly the desired effect.
He is taking your eye off the squirrel.

Smithman was NOT Gerry and the girl being carried was NOT Madeleine.
Whether he existed or not. Whether they are part of a Grand Conspiracy, Freemasons, Opus Dei, knew Robert Murat, are aliens from the Planet Zog, or not.

IT WAS NOT GERRY CARRYING MADELEINE at 10 pm.

All the sensible and credible evidence, and the investigative analysis, logical deduction, and intellectual and analytical development which follows from what we know tell us that
Madeleine had died and been disposed of / hidden / concealed long before that.
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi 10.08.14 9:31

It is possible that both the Smiths are being honest, and that the e fits are accurately portraying Gerry. The Smiths may have had their memory triggered by seeing Gerry get off the plane and thought the man they saw was Gerry, but it simply wasn't.  No dishonesty or knowing Murat needed. Perhaps subconsciously they suspected Gerry was responsible (owing to a healthy level of common sense ) and so in a way saw what they were expecting when they saw him get off the plane.

The e fits could simply be belonging to one (or two) other witnesses,  and witnesses of a different event. I  know Redwood said on CW that they were based on recollections of 'an Irish family', but he may not have been telling the truth. I for example think he is lying when he says 'the parents are not suspects'. Perhaps presenting them on CW was just to let TM know that they are using them and believe them to be of importance.  I feel that a lot of confusion around this case is partly due to our dependence on mainstream media and we always have to bear in mind that we may have a slightly skewed version of events. 

I am starting to feel that Gerry carrying Maddie at ten pm didn't happen.  It suggests a last minute response to an accident, which I feel couldn't have occured due to a lack of opportunity to clean up properly. The second one thinks it was planned, then surely he would have put Maddie in a bag before transporting her. Surely. A man carrying a bag is less memorable than one carrying a dead blonde child.

ETA has Exton definitely stated that the e fits he drew up are based on the Smith sighting? If so my post may be slightly irrelevant and I apologise!
nglfi

Activity : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.14 9:43

PeterMac wrote:Smithman is having exactly the desired effect.

Whether he existed or not. Whether they are part of a Grand Conspiracy, Freemasons, Opus Dei, knew Robert Murat, are aliens from the Planet Zog,  or not.

All the sensible and credible evidence, and the investigative analysis, logical deduction, and intellectual and analytical development which follows from what we know tell us that
 goodpost
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac 10.08.14 10:30

nglfi wrote:A man carrying a bag is less memorable than one carrying a dead blonde child. !

Quite so.
And a man wearing tennis kit carrying a tennis bag mid afternoon, around a resort with ten (I think) tennis courts within a 500m radius would be almost invisible.
He would be seen but not observed, and therefore also not remembered. That is why CCTV is so valuable. It sees and remembers.

"In “A Scandal in Bohemia," Holmes instructs Watson on the difference between seeing and observing:

“Quite so,” he answered, lighting a cigarette, and throwing himself down into an armchair. “You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear. For example, you have frequently seen the steps which lead up from the hall to this room.”
“Frequently.”

“How often?”
“Well, some hundreds of times.”

“Then how many are there?”
“How many? I don't know.”

“Quite so! You have not observed. And yet you have seen. That is just my point. Now, I know that there are seventeen steps, because I have both seen and observed.”
PeterMac
PeterMac
Investigator

Activity : 16577

http://whatreallyhappenedtomadeleinemccann.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by fred c dobbs 10.08.14 10:53

PeterMac wrote:
nglfi wrote:A man carrying a bag is less memorable than one carrying a dead blonde child. !

Quite so.
And a man wearing tennis kit carrying a tennis bag mid afternoon, around a resort with ten (I think) tennis courts within a 500m radius would be almost invisible.
He would be seen but not observed, and therefore also not remembered. That is why CCTV is so valuable.  It sees and remembers.

"In “A Scandal in Bohemia," Holmes instructs Watson on the difference between seeing and observing:

“Quite so,” he answered, lighting a cigarette, and throwing himself down into an armchair. “You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear. For example, you have frequently seen the steps which lead up from the hall to this room.”
“Frequently.”

“How often?”

“Quite so! You have not observed. And yet you have seen. That is just my point. Now, I know that there are seventeen steps, because I have both seen and observed.”
But didn,t the Smith,s daughter see and observe enough to give a description of this man carrying a child,why? Do you know if they have been interviewed by OG again?
fred c dobbs
fred c dobbs

Activity : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 10:58

If Brian Kennedy sent Exton to draw up an efit from the Smiths, then it didn't happen, because the Martin knew he was employed by the mcs therefor didn't speak with him at all. IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 10.08.14 11:01

PeterMac wrote:

Quite so.
He would be seen but not observed, and therefore also not remembered. That is why CCTV is so valuable.  It sees and remembers.

“Frequently.”

“How often?”

Very well put.  I tried an experiment yesterday, no reason, just looked at cars and passers-by around me as I walked into the village, trying to observe who was where, and actively paying attention to their clothes, height etc.
This morning I can recall nothing of them.
If we heard today that a crim was known to have been on the street I was on, at that time, no way would I remember any details.
Tennis player, tennis gear, town of tennis courts - invisible.
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.14 11:16

Whether he existed or not. Whether they are part of a Grand Conspiracy, Freemasons, Opus Dei, knew Robert Murat, are aliens from the Planet Zog,  or not.

I am inclined to believe the Smiths but also tend to the theory that the disappearance and concealment happened earlier. Which brings me back to the option that allows both - Smithman was a decoy to ensure someone carrying a child resembling MM was seen by independent witnesses.

So, is it possible that Smithman WAS Gerry, but he was NOT carrying Madeleine?

So why, is the next question, did the McCanns not promote the sighting if it was part of the smoke and mirrors? Could the answer be that they hoped he would be "seen but not observed"? I.e., not identified as a 60 to 80% chance of being Gerry by the Smiths a few months later. Could it be that if Mr Smith had not made that statement,  and the efit resembling GM was not subsequently produced,  we would have seen the active promotion of the Smith sighting as a corroboration to back up Tannerman?  Indeed, exactly as Kate did in her book?

Could Gerry have hoped that by partially concealing his face behind the head of the child he was carrying any sighting in the dark would be reported no more specifically than a tallish dark man, thirties-ish, slimish, carrying a small blond sleeping child? And they were only unable to stop saying "See, see, Jane was right, they saw him too" when Martin Smith said that actually, now he'd seen the unintentional reconstruction on the telly, he thinks it could be Gerry he saw?

Just a theory.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 10.08.14 11:27

Dee Coy wrote:

I am inclined to believe the Smiths but also tend to the theory that the disappearance and concealment happened earlier. Which brings me back to the option that allows both - Smithman was a decoy to ensure someone carrying a child resembling MM was seen by independent witnesses.

So, is it possible that Smithman WAS Gerry, but he was NOT carrying Madeleine?

So why, is the next question, did the McCanns not promote the sighting if it was part of the smoke and mirrors? Could the answer be that they hoped he would be "seen but not observed"? I.e., not identified as a 60 to 80% chance of being Gerry by the Smiths a few months later. Could it be that if Mr Smith had not made that statement,  and the efit resembling GM was not subsequently produced,  we would have seen the active promotion of the Smith sighting as a corroboration to back up Tannerman?  Indeed, exactly as Kate did in her book?

Could Gerry have hoped that by partially concealing his face behind the head of the child he was carrying any sighting in the dark would be reported no more specifically than a tallish dark man, thirties-ish, slimish, carrying a small blond sleeping child? And they were only unable to stop saying "See, see, Jane was right, they saw him too" when Martin Smith said that actually, now he'd seen the unintentional reconstruction on the telly, he thinks it could be Gerry he saw?

Just a theory.
Very plausible  goodpost

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 10.08.14 11:45

fred c dobbs wrote:
PeterMac wrote:

Quite so.

“Frequently.”

“How often?”

But didn,t the Smith,s daughter see and observe enough to give a description of this man carrying a child,why? Do you know if they have been interviewed by OG again?
Kids are much more observant than adults - they have less on their minds.

When younger son was 5 he was given a standard test of being shown a picture then asked to recall the details once the book was closed.  He recalled the picture in remarkable detail, and I believed I spawned a child genius. The truth however is that children's minds are blissfully trouble free, and they see exactly what is in front of them.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10.08.14 12:03

Cristobell wrote:
fred c dobbs wrote:

Kids are much more observant than adults - they have less on their minds.

When younger son was 5 he was given a standard test of being shown a picture then asked to recall the details once the book was closed.  He recalled the picture in remarkable detail, and I believed I spawned a child genius. The truth however is that children's minds are blissfully trouble free, and they see exactly what is in front of them.

Quite, Cristobell. And this is what could have scuppered any plan of the McCanns that any decoy be merely seen but not observed, as PeterMac puts it.

They didn't bargain on the detailed description given by the pesky kid, nor for the penny-dropping moment of reclloction of Martin when he saw the footage of Gerry on the plane steps.

If Smithman was a planned decoy, I imagine the plan would have been for the decoy to keep walking until he was spotted then hotfoot it back to the OC. They would have expected the witness to be a lone adult. Instead, he found himself ensconced amongst a family group. Not ideal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 10.08.14 12:47

Going along with this....

Tannerman eliminated (made up)
Smithman eliminated (either made up, a poorly executed decoy or some innocent parent/child)
3 burglar suspects assumed eliminated (fully co-operative and didn't hide behind lawyers)

Seems to me a weird way of whitewashing with all the potential patsies being eliminated! Who are OG going to blame it on?

Looks to me like a wide net was thrown and slowly but surely every possible suspect is being eliminated until all that is left is the Tapas9....
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top