The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

New Picture of The McCanns (originally thought to be taken at the Commonwealth Games)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Picture of The McCanns (originally thought to be taken at the Commonwealth Games)

Post by Silverspeed on 30.07.14 22:55

Kate and Gerry at The Commonwealth Games yesterday with what I assume are the twins sat between them.

Notice Gerry smiling away as per usual. 
Probably annoyed at having to sit with Joe Public.

Silverspeed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Picture of The McCanns (originally thought to be taken at the Commonwealth Games)

Post by canada12 on 30.07.14 23:11

Meanwhile Amelie's got her phone out and is checking out TCMMM while Sean keeps a stealthy eye on Kate in case she sees what Amelie's doing.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Pure fiction, of course.

canada12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Picture of The McCanns (originally thought to be taken at the Commonwealth Games)

Post by Justformaddie on 31.07.14 0:14

The twins are getting to that age where serious questions will be asked with honest answers needed IMO

Justformaddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dido on 31.07.14 1:28

@Justformaddie wrote:The twins are getting to that age where serious questions will be asked with honest answers needed IMO
Well that won't be happening any time soon ...........or ever from K&G. !!

Dido

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 31.07.14 3:52

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but if I was in the McCanns situation, I don't think I would attend any events like this with my children that would be broadcast around the world.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger on 31.07.14 5:34

@suzyjohnson wrote:I don't know what anyone else thinks, but if I was in the McCanns situation, I don't think I would attend any events like this with my children that would be broadcast around the world.

Time was -not so long ago - that it would be taken for granted that the McCs would be in the VIP box if not opening the games,

Gerry having represented Scotland in events (although winning an under 19 race once IN Scotland isn't really anything to do with running FOR Scotland) would have given a speech promoting Scotland's unique chance to become independent with their own leader, namely ..... big grin 

How different it is now and possibly a little unkind of the press to publish such an unflattering picture. He wouldn't have upset them by any chance?

tigger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug D on 31.07.14 6:54

Tigger:

‘How different it is now and possibly a little unkind of the press to publish such an unflattering picture. He wouldn't have upset them by any chance?’

Did this actually make the papers?

I think the original was a screen shot off the TV spotted by someone allegedly looking for his own family which was then posted on one of the FB sites two days ago.

Doug D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.07.14 7:50

There are some doubts as to when and where this photo originated.

K & G's clothes (the shirts anyway) are the same as worn at this year's anniversary service.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/7_YEARS.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Smokeandmirrors on 31.07.14 7:55

What's interesting about this picture is that the twins have dark hair now, they were a lot fairer haired than Madeleine. Madeleine has always been and continues to be promoted as blonde. Given her hair was always mousy rather than proper blond, she probably has very dark hair now. Perhaps they need to put this possibility out there!!!

Smokeandmirrors

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 31.07.14 8:07

@tigger wrote:
if not opening the games,

Mr

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.07.14 8:10

@Praiaaa wrote:
@tigger wrote:
 Mr
It would depend on the fee, surely.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 31.07.14 8:37

@PeterMac wrote:
@Praiaaa wrote:
@tigger wrote:
 Mr
It would depend on the fee, surely.

indeed!  big grin

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Matching outfits...

Post by missbeetle on 31.07.14 10:23

""

How right you are, No Fate Worse Than De'Ath - bingo - the same outfits.

Which makes me wonder if the pictures were taken the same day?

Whatever event they are attending looks to be family-friendly and possibly even free.

Nobody's batting an eyelid at them - amongst friends or fellow parishioners perhaps?

Thank you, Smoke & Mirrors, for pointing out the childrens' dark coloured hair.

Both decidedly Medium Brown...to my eyes, anyhow.

Amelie seems to have retained a strip of blonde either side of her face (like Geri Halliwell in the 1990s).

Kate's sunglasses are a brand I'm not familiar with.

Gerald's face is a classic - he looks like he's giving whoever's looking one big wink...

...and if he put his hand up to cough he'd be doing a very rude gesture.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nina on 31.07.14 10:33

@missbeetle wrote:""

How right you are, No Fate Worse Than De'Ath - bingo - the same outfits.

Which makes me wonder if the pictures were taken the same day?

Whatever event they are attending looks to be family-friendly and possibly even free.

Nobody's batting an eyelid at them - amongst friends or fellow parishioners perhaps?

Thank you, Smoke & Mirrors, for pointing out the childrens' dark coloured hair.

Both decidedly Medium Brown...to my eyes, anyhow.

Amelie seems to have retained a strip of blonde either side of her face (like Geri Halliwell in the 1990s).

Kate's sunglasses are a brand I'm not familiar with.

Gerald's face is a classic - he looks like he's giving whoever's looking one big wink...

...and if he put his hand up to cough he'd be doing a very rude gesture.

I don't agree at all posting pictures of the twins on the Internet, and fortunately Sean's face is hidden bless him, Amelia though, well just so very wrong.
It is very strange though it is said the Commonwealth Games, when yes the self same shirts, hair cur of Gerry and Kates sunglasses as on the earlier photographs. Or every morning do they match outfits up. If he wears x she wears y?

Nina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 31.07.14 10:41

Are we sure it is not Rothley football club ?

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa on 31.07.14 10:53

I agree its not a good idea to post pics of the twins, whatever their parents have or have not done, he kids are entirely blameless. Suggest they are removed?

I am surprised that GM missed the marketing oppo of blagging an extra empty seat for MM to emphasise they she is still part of their family who are expecting her to return at any moment. Of course, if he had to pay for the seat himself, that would explain it.

Praiaaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 31.07.14 11:53

@Smokeandmirrors wrote:What's interesting about this picture is that the twins have dark hair now, they were a lot fairer haired than Madeleine. Madeleine has always been and continues to be promoted as blonde. Given her hair was always mousy rather than proper blond, she probably has very dark hair now. Perhaps they need to put this possibility out there!!!

Good point SmokeandMirrors

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.07.14 12:19

Yes, Amelie was the one with "white blonde" hair when she was two; that description being initially attributed to Madeleine for some unknown reason.

This photo seems to have originated on a Facebook group; I don't know who thought or made the assumption that it was taken at the Commonwealth Games. It does now seem more likely to have been taken elsewhere and earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 31.07.14 12:55

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:Yes, Amelie was the one with "white blonde" hair when she was two; that description being initially attributed to Madeleine for some unknown reason.

This photo seems to have originated on a Facebook group; I don't know who thought or made the assumption that it was taken at the Commonwealth Games. It does now seem more likely to have been taken elsewhere and earlier.
So is it a possibility, if these two pictures were taken on the same day, that TM went to the memorial service for Madeleine and then went out to a game? Wonder when there was time for the party, with cake and presents?

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.07.14 13:28

Kate dressed to impress at the al-fresco May 2014 Rothley anniversary prayer meeting

Same top, same hair, same glasses, same face.  Must have gone on to celebrate at some public event.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShuBob on 31.07.14 13:41

It may be a good idea to change the title of the thread pending confirmation of where the photo was actually taken.

ShuBob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 31.07.14 13:46

Noted and implemented, Shubob.

I'd better own up and say that it wasn't me who spotted the same clothing as at the May event, it was someone on another forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silverspeed on 31.07.14 14:01

@Doug D wrote:Tigger:

‘How different it is now and possibly a little unkind of the press to publish such an unflattering picture. He wouldn't have upset them by any chance?’

Did this actually make the papers?

I think the original was a screen shot off the TV spotted by someone allegedly looking for his own family which was then posted on one of the FB sites two days ago.

You are absolutely correct Doug D. This is where I spotted it and assumed it to be correct but of course in hindsight i now realise it may have been taken somewhere else on a different day.

Apologies.

Also, a good idea to change the title of the thread.
Thanks

Silverspeed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by inspirespirit on 31.07.14 14:07

Is there a point to these photos?  Does it matter?  Do we care?  I don't get what difference it makes what they are wearing and when they are wearing it.

I'm more interested in what they have to say, or more to the point, what they don't seem to say.

inspirespirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum