The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Dr Amaral planning to sue the McCanns

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dr Amaral planning to sue the McCanns

Post by plebgate on 25.10.14 22:26

It's all gone very quiet hasn't it.  I wonder if Rocky has decided what he is going to do yet?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 13.11.14 6:46

I thought it was supposed to come to a head in September.

Doesn't look good. I suspect nobbling. 

If Goncalo loses, that's my chair on the table.

In my opinion.

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.11.14 8:13

I wish they would hurry up but I think he is confident still given that he announced he is thinking of suing any number of people and newspapers.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.11.14 9:01

@plebgate wrote:I wish they would hurry up but I think he is confident still given that he announced he is thinking of suing any number of people and newspapers.
@ plebgate

The reason for the delay is that the Portuguese judicial system is in deep crisis due to a combination of incompetence and corruption, see e.g. this report:

Algarve court staff to join strike on September 26th

Created: 04 September 2014

The president of the Union of Judicial Officials (SFJ) today announced a national strike of its members on September 26th plus one day of downtime in each of the 23 new judicial regions as from October 1st.

In a press conference the president of the SFJ, Fernando Jorge, said that the time had come to say “enough.”

“Judicial officials are keen to demonstrate their anger and dissatisfaction," said Fernando, adding that officials feel do not feel a part of the new Judicial Map, but "have fulfilled in a committed manner all the tasks assigned to them including transport, arranging furniture and cleaning up the courts."

"They have done more than was required of them," said Fernando, adding that even the Ministry of Justice admits that it is necessary to hire more court officials.

The union blames the Institute for Financial and Equipment for Justice (IGFEJ), for the anomalies in the Citius computer system that should have gone live on Monday as a key part of the new Judicial Map for Portugal.

Jorge Fernando says it is 'untrue' that the fault lies with the Ministry of Justice but that the IGFEJ rejected offers of collaboration from his union members and he now calls for the resignation of those responsible.

"The collapse of the computer system for the courts is the sole and exclusive responsibility of IGFEJ. They should be ashamed and resigning in droves due to the poor service they provided and the damage they have caused in courts,” said Fernando, trying to divert the blame from the Minister of Justice who is responsible overall for the new Judicial Map, the control of subcontracts, training and smooth implementation.

The judicial reorganisation that was meant to start on Monday, divides Portugal into 23 counties, with headquarters in district capitals. The new judicial map saw the closure of 20 courts. The failed IT system is so beset with problems that high level intervention may be needed to resolve both the computer and personnel problems.
See also: http://www.algarvedailynews.com/news/3316-portugal-s-court-system-in-disarray-due-to-it-shambles

AND

Portugal's court system in disarray due to IT shambles

Created: 03 September 2014

The government’s long-awaited project to streamline Portugal’s court system is in disarray.

The new 'judicial map' project officially was launched on September 1st amid confusion, an impenetrable IT system and an increasingly angry backlash from those who are meant to be using it.

Lawyers, judges and magistrates all now have complained about the computer programme Citius which does not work, according to users.

The government says the system does work but already the Bar Association has called for the Justice Ministry to suspend the implementation deadline, pointing out that now even the old fax system is not working.

The Ministry of Justice which launched the scheme hinging on a new ‘judicial map’ – minister speak for closing down courts – has noted that the computing platform Citius may have some access problems but that lawyers now should be able to log on to submit defences, gather information and find out the judicial progress of their cases.

The Professional Association of Judges has not gone on record but its president Mouraz Lopes has complained of continuing problems, as has the Union of Magistrates.

The Ministry of Justice, having at first said that all is well, now reports that all glitches have been identified and solutions are being implemented to overcome them.

For a country that prides itself on a bright, well educated IT sector, many of whom now work abroad, the situation is embarrassing and gives an insight into the workings of a ministry that appears to lack basic management skills.

At the top is Minister Paula Teixeira da Cruz (pictured) who it now appears heads a ministry that has not only failed to implement a computerised system that worked on launch day, but also has failed to get the various user groups engaged and pushing for common goals.

++++++++++++++++++++

The latest reports I read were that priority in the courts was being given to processing 'only the most serious criminal cases' - and one Portuguese newspaper said that the long-running McCanns v Amaral libel action was a casualty of this court crisis, and no-one really knew when it would come on for final hearing.

It is already, I am sure, the longest-running libel/defamation/damages in world history, having been launched on 19 June 2009.

That was 1,874 days ago

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 13.11.14 16:03

Thanks for post Tony I had read the info. before.  Was really only posting again as it is never ending.   I am wondering whether Rocky could proceed with any actions even though this case is not out of the way.   Newspapers at least?

I suppose he would have to use the British Courts to sue?   Would he be able to get someone here to represent him on a no win, no fee basis and has he tried?

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett on 13.11.14 19:54

@plebgate wrote:Thanks for post Tony I had read the info. before.  Was really only posting again as it is never ending.   I am wondering whether Rocky could proceed with any actions even though this case is not out of the way.   Newspapers at least?

I suppose he would have to use the British Courts to sue?   Would he be able to get someone here to represent him on a no win, no fee basis and has he tried?
I think the McCanns' action against him has exhausted him mentally, physically and emotionally. I am not sure if he has the will to pursue any offensive action against them. I  hope I'm wrong, but if I were him I'd be sick of writs, court hearings, waiting, injunctions, ex parte applications, waiting some more, lawyers, fees, more courts, reading documents, creating documents, appeals made by him (Appeal Court), appeals made by them (Supreme Court), even more waiting, getting more legal advice, changing lawyers, paying bills, press interviews, still more delays, on and on and on.

There is something deeply inhuman, oppressive, unfair about it all.

He's been at least semi-ruined financially.

The expressed intention of Dr Kate McCann was that Dr Goncalo Amaral should be made to 'be miserable' and 'feel fear'.

She must be reasonably pleased, and no doubt thankful for the pensioners' weekly pensions and childrens' weekly pocket money that poured into 'Madeleine's Fund' in those early, halcyon days.

Without which the McCanns might never have been able to pursue him for 5 years, 4 months and 23 days.

So far

"Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?" - Amelie, May 2007 -  "Maddie's Jammies. Where is Maddie?"

Tony Bennett
Researcher/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth on 13.11.14 20:22

That is terribly sad that such a decent man should be broken by the likes of them sad1 

I expect TM will be delighted to read it. 

I hope he finds the strength to continue but I can quite understand how he could be saying enough is enough.

TellTheTruth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 13.11.14 20:30

It does make one wonder whether might and bullying does actually win in the end.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.11.14 20:56

@Woofer wrote:It does make one wonder whether might and bullying does actually win in the end.
It does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 13.11.14 21:01

@Tony Bennett wrote:
@plebgate wrote:Thanks for post Tony I had read the info. before.  Was really only posting again as it is never ending.   I am wondering whether Rocky could proceed with any actions even though this case is not out of the way.   Newspapers at least?

I think the McCanns' action against him has exhausted him mentally, physically and emotionally. I am not sure if he has the will to pursue any offensive action against them. I  hope I'm wrong, but if I were him I'd be sick of writs, court hearings, waiting, injunctions, ex parte applications, waiting some more, lawyers, fees, more courts, reading documents, creating documents, appeals made by him (Appeal Court), appeals made by them (Supreme Court), even more waiting, getting more legal advice, changing lawyers, paying bills, press interviews, still more delays, on and on and on.

The expressed intention of Dr Kate McCann was that Dr Goncalo Amaral should be made to 'be miserable' and 'feel fear'.

She must be reasonably pleased, and no doubt thankful for the pensioners' weekly pensions and childrens' weekly pocket money that poured into 'Madeleine's Fund' in those early, halcyon days.

Without which the McCanns might never have been able to pursue him for 5 years, 4 months and 23 days.

So far
This is such a sad post Tony. And so true. Some people just don't know when to stop bullying and trashing do they?

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 13.11.14 22:26

@admin wrote:
This is such a sad post Tony. And so true. Some people just don't know when to stop bullying and trashing do they?
The only way to stop a bully is to stand up to him / her. Bullies are essentially Cowards.
School age children are now taught that.
Police officers have known from their first week on duty that once you chuck the street bully in the cell, they start to wet themselves, gibber, squeal, ask for solicitors to help them
plead for mercy and become what they really are, the most pathetic and despicable specimens of humanity. With or without steroids.

What we have here is a couple who have already sought the protection of solicitors, defamation and extradition, who have already
tried to befriend the big boys in year 9; who have paid lots of money to the guy with the big mouth who seems to have the ear of the Prefects . . .

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin on 14.11.14 17:22

@Tony Bennett wrote:

So far
If I've got this right, aren't the McCanns receiving funding from some famous and wealthy sources? I seem to remember reading that David Beckham and J.K. Rowling have given/are giving financial support, so I'd imagine there are others too. They've got plenty of money to threaten people with! In my opinion.

Brian Griffin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum