The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

MOST DAMNING MCCANN INTERVIEWS

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MOST DAMNING MCCANN INTERVIEWS

Post by Guest on 23.07.14 8:46

@secrets and lies wrote:Oh my. I had never seen this video before but it left me with the most awful sinking feeling. Are we dealing with two preposterously sick minds? I have days where I forget this case and think "allow events to take their course, and in the end justice will be served".

Then I see something like this and all I can think of is how unhinged the whole thing appears. Almost gloating from the McCanns. I have no choice as an intelligent human being but to conclude that there is something far more sinister to this case than a "accident and cover-up" scenario and that protection was and is still being given from the highest echelons of power.

I think most of us can accept that this may be the case-as sick as that may make us feel. But the burning question is WHY?

S&L, you are one poster that it would be good to hear more from.

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 23.07.14 9:30

Tasprin wrote '.........they claim Amaral's book 'destroyed' them? The libel trial judge asked GM which was the worst; Madeleine's disappearance or Amaral's book. He said he couldn't say because the events happened at different times ........ it's hard to believe they don't know what happened to their daughter. I think the book probably is the biggest trauma for them both because they know it's very close to the truth. That's what hurts imo ......'

Reply: The problem (and this must be apparent to the trial judge) is that if the McCanns do know what happened to their daughter ....... if they were getting over the shock and grief of losing her; had managed to get back to England, managed to slip out of arguido status, and been able to get the Uk press to stop printing things they didn't like, then yes, Dr Amaral's book would be utterly devastating wouldn't it? In that situation I think someone would want to try to shut him up at all costs.

How would the McCann's feel if they were innocent of involvement in MM's disappearance? I don't know exactly, I suppose I would want to convince Amaral that he was mistaken, ask people to please continue searching ...... for the sake of my daughter I think I would try and take a more practical approach rather than an angry one, try and cooperate more with the PJ, try and get the Portuguese people (who may be able to help find her) to understand. It's very difficult to say when you're not in that situation .........

ETA '.......The libel trial judge asked GM which was the worst; Madeleine's disappearance or Amaral's book. He said he couldn't say because the events happened at different times .....' I think that if they do not know what happened to MM that the effect of Amaral's book might be considered more as a continuation of events ...... however, if they did know that MM had died then the effect of the book might be perceived more as two separate events?

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 23.07.14 9:40

Going back to Cristobell's original post, I'm thinking back to those early days in 2007 when they were all over the news. I remember it very vividly, and remember being really criticised by all my work colleagues for saying something wasn't right and I felt the parents were involved.  Initially it was just a feeling.  The way they appeared on the news, seeming distressed but not actually crying, and just the intensity and speed with which they appeared on the news didn't feel right. Usually these stories take a lot longer to break, even up to a week. The initial speech given by Gerry outside 5a, in the evening with the piece of paper in his hand was the first one I saw I think. Firstly I thought 'why does he need a piece of paper,  these feelings should all be coming from the heart', and then I just didn't believe that they left all the children on their own. I suppose it shows my prejudice but I didn't believe educated doctors would behave so ignorantly and neglectfully. It sounds like the sort of tale which would involve boozed up idiots.  My prejudice I suppose. I just didn't believe they'd all done it.  And now, thinking over this has made me want to go over the 'no neglect, no abduction' theory because to be honest I've not believed in it, but perhaps I should go back to my original instincts!  So to answer Cristobell's question, there wasn't one particular video,  just every time they opened their mouth after that initial media flurry had me thinking more and more they were lying.

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 23.07.14 10:17

Cristobell, nglfi,

Other than thinking how irresponsible the McCanns were for leaving the children unsupervised (but at the same time feeling sorry for what had happened to them), I didn't suspect that they could have been involved in MM's disappearance for a long time. I started to look into the case out of interest and as a supporter of the couple, then I discovered that things didn't quite add up.

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 23.07.14 13:51

dantezebu wrote:Cristobell wrote:

"Great video, and looking back, it is remarkable that anyone believed the pair of them.  'We are over the grieving process' says Gerry.  Really?  Three weeks later they are 'over it'! "

Everyone deals with grief in their own way, but 3 weeks after the loss of a child to be over it. No. 
By their actions told us they were never grieving but to verbalise it in this way demonstrates that grief is not an emotion they understand. It is a huge red flag for sociopathy.
This is a quote taken from the U.S Department of Health and Human Sciences:
"Grieving parents say that their grief is a lifelong process, a long and painful process... “a process
in which [they] try to take and keep some meaning from the loss and life without the [child]”
(Arnold and Gemma 1983, 57). After a child’s death, parents embark on a long, sad journey that
can be very frightening and extremely lonely—a journey that never really ends. The hope and

desire that healing will come eventually is an intense and persistent one for grieving parents."
The callous indifference to Madeleine's fate, from both of them, certainly takes them into the realms of psychopathy and sociopathy.

The shock of having one of your children taken from the safety of her bed must be worse even, than that of a sudden death. Indeed the shock was so great, it made headlines worldwide.  I know that if I were in their position, I would be going through an extended period of anger - like many women I think, we turn into ferocious mummy tigers when our children are threatened, and reason flies out the window.  I would have been out there searching myself, but I would have been furious with the father and the friends if they hung around making phone calls and writing timelines whilst my child was out there in the dark!  As for Jane Tanner, if she told me the next day she saw a man carrying a child off, I would have decked her!

The anger would have carried through to the appeals and the interviews.  There is no fury from Kate, or Gerry, there is no urgency, not even in the earliest days.  There is no emotion for the missing child, Kate can find nothing other than generic adjectives to describe her daughter, there is nothing personal about them, the best she can do is 'special'. Where is the connection, the bond between a mother and child?  Imo, Kate fits all the criteria for a Narcissistic Mother, its an intriguing subject, one that might be of interest to Rob, as it gives an insight into the lives of families of narcissists.

In studying this case, I have compared the behaviour of the McCanns with the behaviour of parents who have 'lost' their children, and have then been found to be responsible for that loss themselves.  Gerry and Kate are far from unique, nor indeed is their bizarre behaviour.  In the USA Susan Smith killed her two infant sons by strapping them into her car and pushing it into a ravine.  She lapped up the publicity and the sympathy, until eventually breaking down and telling the truth.  Diane Downs shot her three young children, then drove them to the hospital and claimed she had been carjacked. She is almost gleeful in her media appearances, and her main concern seems to be her flesh wound to the arm, rather than children.  Casey Anthony, went on a party spree following the disappearance of her 2 year old daughter, and didn't bother to report her disappearance until 3 weeks later - despite that she was cleared of her Caylee's murder, a verdict that I think was as a result of the death penalty being on the table, but that is probably a whole other debate. 

As I say, the McCanns are far from unique, there are hundreds of interviews online of 'grieving', 'bereft' parents.  Its true Gerry and Kate are a little 'classier' than most of them, but the basics are all the same, and to be fair, even with their education and wider vocabulary, there's only a fag paper in it.  I actually found Susan Smith, more believable.

From the research that I have done, the parents in these dodgy cases almost always kick off with the T-shirts, the candlelight vigils, the Funds (of course) and the heartfelt appeals to the public to feel sympathy for them - they see themselves as the victims.  In this respect, we should not be too harsh on the British media, when the iffy parents in the USA want to speak to the public, the TV stations welcome them, they make an interesting news item, and its all about bums on seats.  The thinking seem to be, if they want to speak - let them.

The sinister side however, if we are to theorise on this case using facts we know from other cases, then it would point to the death being non-accidental and, indeed, premeditated. 

I personally find it very difficult to make that huge leap to premeditated.  And in fact looking at most of the other cases, they were not so much premeditated, rather than a drastic solution to ongoing problem.  Something that was driving them insane was removed from their lives, they were enjoying (quite literally) a sense of relief. 

In the case of Susan Smith, she had been rejected by the boss's son, because she had children.  They were preventing her from getting what she wanted.  Her actions were the culmination of heightened emotions, she was angry, bitter, rejected and it was all her childrens' fault.  Ditto Diane Downs, she was rejected by a man because she had children. 

Though the actions of both women were premeditated, they weren't well thought out, they were irrational - almost spur of the moment decisions, not the result of months or weeks of planning.  that they believed would bring them everything they wanted. 

Madeleine, who Kate and Gerry find so hard to describe, was imo, a difficult child, probably as a result of their appalling parenting skills, but also because of their own levels of psychopathy.  Psychopaths lack empathy, and if you cannot empathise with a child, you cannot understand their behaviour or needs, and they will 'act up' to get your attention.  They need you to look them in the eye and connect with whatever it is that is troubling them, they need to know you understand because they don't yet have the vocabulary to communicate and its driving them nuts. Most mothers (and fathers) instinctively know how to handle the 'terrible twos' - or at least they do, after a couple of embarrassing scenes in the supermarket.  If they, Kate especially, could not bond with Madeleine, then her [Madeleine;s] behaviour would reflect this. When a child is badly behaved, you have to look directly at the parents.

In addition, it has been shown (Dr Robert Hare) that genes play a significant role in many psychopathic conditions. Ergo, it can be inherited.  Children can be born with callous, unemotional, traits - they don't call them psychopaths, but I am sue we have all encountered children - a friend's child once locked my little dog in the loo and stood outside listening to him cry.  Happily one of my own son's caught him and gave him a lesson in empathy with a kick up the arse. 

I am not for one moment suggesting Madeleine may have suffered from a psychopathic condition, bless her, but it is very likely that as a very bright, enquiring kid, she would have been very difficult to look after.  She was constantly competing with the twins for her parents' attention and probably for the attention of family, friends and visitors, who probably made a grab for the babies first.  Its pretty tough on a little one going from centre stage to a poor third place and in fact, there is a wonderful, insightful post on this forum somewhere, where a member gave us an indepth  view of what it was like to the older sibling of twins.  It was a memorable post, but sadly, I can't remember where it is, and if anyone can find it, it would be much appreciated. 

Looking at the photographs and indeed the videos from that glorious summer of 2007, Kate and Gerry portrayed the image of a carefree, honeymoon couple, unencumbered by kids.  The strolls on the beach and through the town, hand in hand, young and in love. Going by the pictures and the videos, those 'moments' Gerry forgot why they remained in Portugal, lasted the entire summer.  Lets hope those 'moments off' come back to haunt the dreadful pair and all their pals in a criminal trial.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 23.07.14 14:54

Brilliant post, Cristobell.

And searing, though uncomfortable insights.

I have never seen any sadness demonstrated for the loss of Madeleine, whatever happened to her.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seek truth on 24.07.14 6:24

The "whoosh" moment Kate has, the DOOR.
And the whoosh of the curtains too.
I can't find the interviews now, probably on joana morais.

So if I'm not wrong. As soon as she got there, the door moves, not only that but the curtains too ?

What a wind!

Seek truth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterMac on 24.07.14 8:12

@Cristobell wrote:There is no fury from Kate, or Gerry, there is no urgency, not even in the earliest days. 

And that, for me, is the key to the whole thing.
No rushing around the town screaming her name, no rushing back to the Tapas bar to dig out all the waiters and staff to help, no bashing on the doors of all the other apartments to see if anyone had found her and taken her in for safety, nothing.
Just sitting around tearing up a sticker book to scribble on, swearing at an old woman who might well have seen and heard everything and written it all down, or even taken a photo on her mobile phone, sitting on the bed whilst the twins slowly died of the drugs overdose they had been given (?) 'keeping vigil', and then going to sleep,
And the next day - go for a quick jog round - EVEN THOUGH Gerry knew by then of the Tannerman sighting - so in no sense was that a search based on the available evidence, it was going for a jog.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 24.07.14 8:27

I can't remember now, did they go for a jog on the 4th May?

I agree about their lack of urgency and they didn't press Mrs Fenn to see if she had seen heard anything.

Madeleine could have been found and taken in by people in neighbouring apartments, did they check?

Did they even ask Jane?

No.. because Jane said she came out to see what all the commotion was about.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 24.07.14 9:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7diM96eajQ

'Can you remember any sightings that you thought might have been Madeleine?' - nah, the parents can't remember a single one, other than the sightings on the night and one or two they looked at, but nah, nothing, they both find the question quite amusing.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by secrets and lies on 24.07.14 9:09

Thank you Clay!

With the hindsight of seven years and looking back towards the behaviour of G+K McCann in and around the initial days of the "disappearance" the whole thing does seem remarkably poorly staged. And pitifully acted. I'll admit that I was travelling in a car when I heard the story for the first time and said to my companion "hmm, very odd, wonder if the parents are involved"?

Upon seeing them I needed no further persuasion. A gut reaction. A feeling of squirming discomfort watching them.  Poor, wooden amateur dramatics to sudden smugness and eventual arrogance. The undiluted joy you sometimes saw in their eyes at being thrust into the spotlight.The big celebratory smiles. I honestly could not believe what I was seeing. But looking back now it seems all the more shocking.  

I discussed the case with many people, some of them parents.

The response was almost unanimous. "I do NOT trust these people-something wrong there". 

Nowadays I find people do not want to discuss the case. I regularly chide the McCanns on Twitter and the response is generally very tepid bar the reaction of the odd paid shill. Apart from those of us who may, at a push, be described in some small way as "activists" as far as this miscarriage of justice is concerned, people seem to be saturated by, and completely sick of, everything to do with this family.

secrets and lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 24.07.14 9:17

I remember watching them appealing for help and wondered where the tears were, KM always glanderous with co-ordinating earrings and jewellery, and them in their matching colours!!! (freaky)
I remember the 'emotional appeal' from Tracey Andrews and thinking she was false/acting after she had callously stabbed her poor boyfriend to death.
And that ghastly Mick Philpott and his wife doing theirs and wondered where the tears were, neither of them looking into the camera. On the latter 2 the truth eventually outed.
Why can't the same forensic profilers use their skills on The McC's and the others in this plot and implement justice for little Maddie.

We the public are being fobbed off and those with intelligence to see though the McC's are insulted and worse for some, even having their lives destroyed by them. How low can some people stoop? Some people are lower than snakes bellies.
The lies of spin doctors and private investigators makes my blood boil.
The lack of empathy from the McCs is a disgrace.
The greed fro money is a disgrace
A child is missing and all they can do is think of themselves and money.  
 puke  

Having heard the news that the families of loved ones who had died (like the Lawrence Family) had been spied on makes me a angry.

IMO they should spy on TM.

Dont Make Me Laff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nglfi on 24.07.14 11:11

@Cristobell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7diM96eajQ

'Can you remember any sightings that you thought might have been Madeleine?' - nah, the parents can't remember a single one, other than the sightings on the night and one or two they looked at, but nah, nothing, they both find the question quite amusing.
The customary hand-leap towards the facial area is very telling, too. The question was did anything stand out to you that you thought could have been Madeleine, and he gives the example of the Smith sighting after very obviously touching his neck. I think he went for the ear but realised at the last moment and touched his neck instead. Wonder why that question received that response?

nglfi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueBag on 24.07.14 12:36

@Cristobell wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7diM96eajQ

Is Gerry smiling when he mentions the sightings on the night.

He does the neck scratching before answering.

BlueBag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimHager on 25.07.14 5:36

Yes they laughed and blew off sightings NO PARENT does that if their child is abducted they would be walking to the sighting area if they had too not laughing it off. Gerry pulled his ears on the sedative question so we know thats a sign of a liar...sedation resulting in some form of death im thinking.I swear i read in one of the mccann files or a tabloid that 5a was missing a shower curtain and then read of the bag found by faro airport with a shower curtain And dna...congealed blood and skin...( from being in a freezer perhaps?) and the mccanns was happy about this because to them IT Suggested Maddy was ALIVE? Those two are as transparent as a glass of water IMO

kimHager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum