The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

"I Was Only Following Orders"

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "I Was Only Following Orders"

Post by Cristobell on 19.07.14 12:41

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:
We have now reached the stage where parents cannot take pictures of their kids in school plays because of the hysteria about paedophiles, will these purges make it illegal to photograph children at all?

A bit Daily Mail-ish that, Cristobell.

The photos of my daughter's sports day are up on the public area of the school's website.

If people get off on those then, well, I wouldn't say good luck to them, exactly, but what realistically can or should be done about it?
Heaven forbid I should Daily Mail-ish Clay! 

Unfortunately, as we do not know what turns these creatures on, the only realistic way to prevent it would be to dress all children in burkhas and forbid photographs of any kind. 

That of course would be ridiculous, but it seems to be where the hysteria over paedophiles is taking us.  Up and down the country schools are struggling with the 'photograph' issue because of the remote possibility that a pervert might be driven insane with desire by the image of a couple of 5 year olds dressed up as Mary and Joseph.  Sanity has left the debate.  

I think we need to get a sense of perspective Clay.  No-one likes the idea that weirdos might drool over pictures of their kids, but we have all 'risked' it for generations and have albums full of funny, happy memories of our little treasures and their starring moments. It is sad, and imo, absurd, to penalise everyone because of such a remote risk.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.07.14 14:48

Previous generations did not have photoshop to worry about.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 19.07.14 15:33

@plebgate wrote:Previous generations did not have photoshop to worry about.
True, but there is nothing we can do about it.  One of the creeps on a pro McCann site spends a very unhealthy amount of time making grotesque images out of my photographs using photoshop.  While it repulses me when I think about, life goes on, lol. 

Such is evolution and technology, our images and the images of our children are 'captured' everywhere, streets and shops have cctv and every mobile phone user has a camera at the ready. 

I have actually found an inoffensive link to the way in which child abuse images are categorized.  Scarily we are all probably guilty of offences 1 and 2, and possibly even 3 and 4 - little kids, girls especially, love to mimic adults and will often pout or pose with their hands on hips, or like a 'popstar', and we parents egg them on because it is cute and funny.  The pictures of Madeleine in make up incidentally, posing with her head tilted backwards could well be a category 4. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COPINE_scale

As an aside, I was reading about the beast Ian Watkins, the baby rapist from the Lost Prophets.  The creature was reported in 2008 as a danger to children, and again and again, but the complaints were ignored by the police.  He was eventually brought to justice after a raid on his home (they were looking for drugs) and his computer was seized.

If the 660 arrested are paedophiles, why were they never reported in the 'real world', and if they were, why didn't the police take action?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate on 19.07.14 22:00

Re. the point  of children posing.   I for one am not guilty and would not allow any child to do so, but unfortunately as you say, many do.

Although we cannot stop our children from being photographed on the street, it is a lot harder for someone to do so without drawing attention to themselves.   In school it would be far easier for a parent to photograph any number of children under the pretext of doing it for the "school album" or such like. 

When I first heard that schools were stopping parents from doing so, I thought it was PC gone mad, but having thought about it and heard and read about some of the disgusting perverts out there, many hiding in plain sight, then I think even if it cannot be stopped altogether it does no harm to try and limit the damage.

Sorry to hear about the images of you being placed online Cristobel.   I suppose if you have been up front and put your pic online then that was your choice, children are not being given a choice and I did read  not so long ago that police did think that photoshop was being used on some perverts sites.

plebgate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum