The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

CABINET RESHUFFLE AND RESIGNATIONS

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: CABINET RESHUFFLE AND RESIGNATIONS

Post by bubblewrap on 16.07.14 9:42

@PeterMac wrote:Reshuffled
William Hague, Foreign Secretary, to Leader of the Commons  Welsh Secretary at the time of the enquiry into N Wales children's homes
Out
Andrew Lansley, Leader of the Commons

Ken Clarke, Cabinet minister without portfolio   repeatedly named as involved in a current enwuiry

Dominic Grieve, Attorney General   Failure to get a grip ?

David Jones, Welsh secretary,    Failure to get a grip of N Wales situation ?

David Willetts, Universities Minister

Damien Green, Police minister   Failure to get a grip ?

Alan Duncan, International development minister
Andrew Robathan, Northern Ireland minister
Nick Hurd, civil society minister
Stephen Hammond, rail minister
Oliver Heald, Solicitor General    Failure to get a grip ?

Hugh Robertson, Foreign Office minister
Greg Barker, energy minister

Possible ?

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/14616659/content/98327207-uk-attorney-general-fraud-bribery-files-shocking-carroll-charitable-trust-scandal

bubblewrap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Euphemisms in the UK press...

Post by missbeetle on 16.07.14 10:22

It bothers me that male child prostitutes are being labelled 'rent boys'.

It sounds innocuous.

The reality must be soul-destroying for many of these lads.

Male child prostitutes.

Those poor children.

Modern-day cannon fodder.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.07.14 13:27

It seems Esther is not particularly keen to criticise the Mail......

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/16/esther-mcvey-daily-mail-reshuffle_n_5590811.html

Quote: "But McVey was careful not to criticise the paper in the wake of the backlash on Wednesday".

Back to top Go down

TWITTER- just now. with thanks

Post by PeterMac on 16.07.14 13:27

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.07.14 16:09

David Willetts was sussed out from the word go by these students :-

GO HOME DAVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aco0zOFN8sA

I can imagine this happening one day when the McCanns are giving an interview and hundreds of us in the audience do something similar.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.07.14 17:53

MILLIE wrote:It seems Esther is not particularly keen to criticise the Mail......

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/07/16/esther-mcvey-daily-mail-reshuffle_n_5590811.html

Quote: "But McVey was careful not to criticise the paper in the wake of the backlash on Wednesday".

Having recently read potted biographies of both women, I'm surprised (or am I?!  big grin ) at how much Miss McVey seems to be a second rate version of Rebekah Brooks. Similar family backgrounds (both had fathers who were/are, ahem, "contractors"), both escaped their provincial backgrounds through university and the media, and both seem to have the uncanny knack for climbing the greasy pole while all around are losing their grip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 16.07.14 18:44

Clay Regazzoni wrote:Having recently read potted biographies of both women, I'm surprised (or am I?!  big grin ) at how much Miss McVey seems to be a second rate version of Rebekah Brooks. Similar family backgrounds (both had fathers who were/are, ahem, "contractors"), both escaped their provincial backgrounds through university and the media, and both seem to have the uncanny knack for climbing the greasy pole while all around are losing their grip.

Suggestions on a postcard please as to possible owners or keepers of aforementioned pole. big grin

Back to top Go down

Esther McVey...

Post by missbeetle on 16.07.14 21:26

MILLIE wrote:
Clay Regazzoni wrote:Having recently read potted biographies of both women, I'm surprised (or am I?!  big grin ) at how much Miss McVey seems to be a second rate version of Rebekah Brooks. Similar family backgrounds (both had fathers who were/are, ahem, "contractors"), both escaped their provincial backgrounds through university and the media, and both seem to have the uncanny knack for climbing the greasy pole while all around are losing their grip.

Suggestions on a postcard please as to possible owners or keepers of aforementioned pole. big grin

(snipped from Daily Mail Online, 16th July 2014)

My feeling with this woman is that she is being set up for a very short political shelf-life.

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 16.07.14 22:28

Tend to agree missbeetle.

I would imagine anyone, man or woman, would run for the hills being trapped in the same room as this mouth :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcVB2k1CMVQ

Poor Krishnan - she told him didn`t she  laughat

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 19.07.14 13:12

The News Quiz 18.7.14. did a bit about Esther McVey - funny and so true - starts abt. 4.00mins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/fricomedy

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The other Esther...

Post by missbeetle on 21.07.14 0:02

@Woofer wrote:The News Quiz 18.7.14. did a bit about Esther McVey - funny and so true - starts abt. 4.00mins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/fricomedy

Thank you for posting that, Woofer - very funny!

I did enjoy the bit about Anglican women bishops 'breaking through the stained glass ceiling'...

I am very familiar with William Hague and his harply Welsh wife, Ffion.

Michael 'demotion/emotion/locomotion' Gove is a new one on me, though.

I just about jumped out of my skin when I looked him up on Wikipedia :

Golly! Another English politician who looks like an overgrown schoolboy...

Chief Whip of the Conservative Party
Following Gove's appointment as Chief Whip in July 2014, his first day in office was marred by a defeat on an impromptu Opposition Ten Minute Rule bill division, at which time Gove was speaking to Labour backbencher Bill Esterson in the toilets of the Aye lobby, prompting shadow House of Commons Leader Angela Eagle to comment that "he not only lost his first vote but he managed to get stuck in the toilet in the wrong lobby and he nearly broke his own whip".[89] New Leader of the House, William Hague, did not deny the incident took place, instead prompting prolonged laughter in the chamber by saying: "Knowledge of who is in the toilets in whatever lobby is a very important piece of information for any chief whip and I take this as evidence that he was carrying out his duties very assiduously".[90]

(clipped from Wikipedia)

Esther ranting at Krishnan - she looked like she'd recently had an upper eye-lift.

A rather vigorous one.

I'm not sure who I'd rather be trapped in a lift with - Esther McVey or Esther Rantzen?

My hungover housewifely observations only...

missbeetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 21.07.14 8:30

Do any of these look like real men? You were right Missbeetle about many politicians looking like school boys.  Most of them look pretty wet behind the ears.

Does this one even shave?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Esther McVey's company in financial difficulties

Post by PeterMac on 25.07.14 9:02

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-esther-mcvey-urged-kids-3909162#.U9Fu1DeII7I.twitter
Tory Esther McVey urged kids to be own boss - but has racked up debts running her own firm
Jul 24, 2014 21:00 By James Lyons
The newly appointed Employment Minister's own entrepreneurial efforts have plunged her into the red
Rising Tory star Esther McVey has racked up big debts – running her own company.
The Employment Minister recently urged youngsters to be their own boss rather than studying at university and going on to take a job with a large corporation.
Ms McVey, 46, said: “If you have this seed, this idea, this creativity, you want to set up a business, that’s what you should do.”
But now it has been revealed that her own entrepreneurial efforts have plunged her into the red.
The former TV presenter has had to borrow tens of thousands of pounds to bail out a firm she set up before becoming an MP.
She ploughed the money into Making It, a company providing serviced offices – and is still owed £56,847.
The revelations call in to doubt David Cameron’s judgment in handing her a place at the Cabinet table in last week’s reshuffle.
A source close to Ms McVey said she had borrowed money to keep the business afloat because banks would not lend.
Supporters claim the Wirral West MP’s business troubles have helped her relate to voters “in the real world”.

The source added: “These circumstances were a result of a financial downturn, changes in bank practices and the recession. No money is owed to third parties.”
But fellow Merseyside MP Steve Rotheram said it was easier for Ms McVey, as the daughter of a construction tycoon, to take a gamble on business than those from poorer backgrounds.
And he suggested that she should quit as a minister to concentrate on her finances.
He added: “Many people would be delighted if she gave up her ministerial job, stopped making the lives of ordinary people a misery and spent her time trying to turn this company around instead.”
Ms McVey worked in children’s TV and on GMTV before setting up Making It. She also worked for her family’s construction firm before becoming an MP at the second attempt in 2010.
Sources confirmed that all the outstanding amount is owed to her, but refused to say how much she ploughed in or whether her family firm was used as security.

Perhaps she could borrow from the "Fund" she helped to set up.

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum