The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by littlepixie on 16.07.14 11:38

Are we talking abuse in care by carers or children being targeted by gangs because they are in care. I was mainly talking about the former.
Years ago my own child was targeted by a sex offender whilst a teenager. That wasn't my fault. When I found out I did everything in my power to educate and protect her. I do the same for every child in my care.
Shame on those local authorities who turn a blind eye if that is what they are doing.

littlepixie

Posts : 1340
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2009-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by Cristobell on 16.07.14 12:15

@littlepixie wrote:Are we talking abuse in care by carers or children being targeted by gangs because they are in care. I was mainly talking about the former.  
Years ago my own child was targeted by a sex offender whilst a teenager. That wasn't my fault. When I found out I did everything in my power to educate and protect her. I do the same for every child in my care.
Shame on those local authorities who turn a blind eye if that is what they are doing.
If you want to increase the chances of a child being abused by a zillion percent, place them in care - have them interviewed by men who have dedicated their lives to every form of child sexual abuse and can interrogate them for hours on end.  Well done the authorities 400 newbies!

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by mouse on 16.07.14 12:15

I'm afraid - due to today's arrests - we have arrests of carers and police officers. 

And even if these gangs were not working in the care system - how did the girls abuse happen? Why was their abuse not picked up on? Somebody wasn't looking out for their care? Especially as some of the girls had reported it to the police, but nothing was done for years. There was a report, I believe by Social workers working on the girls cases - that practically blamed the girls for the lifestyle they lead. Social Workers actually blaming underage girls for having sexual contact with much older men????? Remember - these girls were groomed, promised all sorts. They thought they were in relationships to begin with.

I wish I had more faith in the care system, but we all know, going by today arrests - abusers will target jobs where they can have close contact with children.
 

I would add - that I'm sure there are many working in the care system who do a good job, and are equally horrified by all of this.

mouse

Posts : 327
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by ChippyM on 16.07.14 14:00

@Cristobell wrote:I agree that men such as Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile should have been stopped in their tracks Mouse, but we cannot change the past.

In many of these cases there is no evidence of abuse, yet lives are destroyed on the flimsiest of evidence.  What kind of society are we that we focus on the crimes of the past, yet we ignore the crimes of the present, the ones we can do something about. 

.........

  I'm saddened by this. It's a popular misconception that 'genuine' rape and sexual abuse would result in physical evidence. There are a number of reasons why this isn't the case and the only real solution is for the alleged victim to go over their account of the abuse again and again to the police and eventually in court.

  Due to the nature of abuse and the abusers ability to make the victim feel intense shame, guilt etc. it often goes unreported for years. If an abuser is close to the victim (either a close friend, parent or someone in authority that sees the child regularly) they  often manipulate the victim with gifts, making them feel special , days out etc. A victim will feel confused by this and may even love or look up to their abuser. You will see defence teams using this as evidence that the victim is lying, refering perhaps to a photograph of a victim looking happy with their abuser ( of course most families have at least one happy family portrait knocking around) or telling the jury that the victim went on trips with the abuser and wouldn't do this if that person was abusing them. Unfortunately that is no indication of the truth. I can think of one recent 'celeb case' where this defence was used, with tales of trips to a certain film studios and also in that case the anonymity of the alleged victim possibly worked for the accused. The alleged victim was made out to be a wanabee actress, using the star to get what she wanted. The truth could be very different.

Another reason that abuse goes unreported is due to the victims age. A 6 year ol or even a 10 or 11 year old may not  even understand that what has happend is abuse....again it goes unreported for years until the victim becomes older and then they are shot down for 'not reporting it at the time'.

Mainly due to the abuse not being reported at the time, there is little physical evidence of abuse. Even in cases where a girl becomes pregnant as a result of abuse, no physical signs of sexual activity are found (studies have been done on this) . Medical professionals now recognise that physical injuries heal very quickly, sometimes just days. Put that together with abusers using psychological manipulation to control their victims and not physical violence you are left with around 95% of cases having NO physical evidence.

  I would say what type of society are we if we let people get away with abuse for years and shoot down every alleged victim with the accusation of 'where's your evidence'?  The victim's testimony is usually all they have.

ChippyM

Posts : 908
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by Cristobell on 16.07.14 14:14

@ChippyM wrote:
@Cristobell wrote:I agree that men such as Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile should have been stopped in their tracks Mouse, but we cannot change the past.

In many of these cases there is no evidence of abuse, yet lives are destroyed on the flimsiest of evidence.  What kind of society are we that we focus on the crimes of the past, yet we ignore the crimes of the present, the ones we can do something about. 

.........

  I'm saddened by this. It's a popular misconception that 'genuine' rape and sexual abuse would result in physical evidence. There are a number of reasons why this isn't the case and the only real solution is for the alleged victim to go over their account of the abuse again and again to the police and eventually in court.

  Due to the nature of abuse and the abusers ability to make the victim feel intense shame, guilt etc. it often goes unreported for years. If an abuser is close to the victim (either a close friend, parent or someone in authority that sees the child regularly) they  often manipulate the victim with gifts, making them feel special , days out etc. A victim will feel confused by this and may even love or look up to their abuser. You will see defence teams using this as evidence that the victim is lying, refering perhaps to a photograph of a victim looking happy with their abuser ( of course most families have at least one happy family portrait knocking around) or telling the jury that the victim went on trips with the abuser and wouldn't do this if that person was abusing them. Unfortunately that is no indication of the truth. I can think of one recent 'celeb case' where this defence was used, with tales of trips to a certain film studios and also in that case the anonymity of the alleged victim possibly worked for the accused. The alleged victim was made out to be a wanabee actress, using the star to get what she wanted. The truth could be very different.

Another reason that abuse goes unreported is due to the victims age. A 6 year ol or even a 10 or 11 year old may not  even understand that what has happend is abuse....again it goes unreported for years until the victim becomes older and then they are shot down for 'not reporting it at the time'.

Mainly due to the abuse not being reported at the time, there is little physical evidence of abuse. Even in cases where a girl becomes pregnant as a result of abuse, no physical signs of sexual activity are found (studies have been done on this) . Medical professionals now recognise that physical injuries heal very quickly, sometimes just days. Put that together with abusers using psychological manipulation to control their victims and not physical violence you are left with around 95% of cases having NO physical evidence.

  I would say what type of society are we if we let people get away with abuse for years and shoot down every alleged victim with the accusation of 'where's your evidence'?  The victim's testimony is usually all they have.
I am not saying there should be physical evidence Chippy, professionals should easily be able to assess abuse and its effects simply by interviewing the victim.  I have nothing but sympathy for genuine victims, and because of my background, I know quite a few.  However, I have a feeling the current victims are being used as political footballs.

Cristobell

Posts : 2436
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by mouse on 16.07.14 14:19

ChippyM - just wanted to say what a well written and thoughtful post. You complete 'get' what I've been trying express.

mouse

Posts : 327
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2013-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by ChippyM on 16.07.14 14:41

@Cristobell wrote:
.......... wrote:I am not saying there should be physical evidence Chippy, professionals should easily be able to assess abuse and its effects simply by interviewing the victim.  I have nothing but sympathy for genuine victims, and because of my background, I know quite a few.  However, I have a feeling the current victims are being used as political footballs.

  "In many of these cases there is no evidence of abuse, yet lives are destroyed on the flimsiest of evidence."     

To me that sounds like you are saying cases (in fact many of them!) get to court with 'no evidence' and as the main evidence relied on is the witness account, therefore you consider it not to be worth much or that there should be other evidence, I don't really see how else that sentence can be construed.

  I also believe some of these cases and genuine vicims are being used, no doubt about that.  I think it's less black and white than celebs being fitted up on flimsy evidence. IMO many, if not all,  are guilty and have been thrown to the dogs instead of enjoying continued protection. The 'fitting up' takes place when deciding who or not actually gets to court IMO.  The victims although allowed anonymity, are ripped to shreds in the media which I think contributes to many people believing these trials are 'witch hunts' with money grabbing women playing the victim. It's great propaganda for when the time comes for a trial of someone higher up. Already a large percent of the population are fed up of these 'victims' who don't have any 'real' evidence and 'should have said something at the time' so must be liars.

ChippyM

Posts : 908
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by ChippyM on 16.07.14 14:42

@mouse wrote:ChippyM - just wanted to say what a well written and thoughtful post. You complete 'get' what I've been trying express.

Thankyou Ms. or Mr. Mouse.  smilie

ChippyM

Posts : 908
Reputation : 127
Join date : 2013-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by rainbow-fairy on 17.07.14 2:19

@littlepixie wrote:Are we talking abuse in care by carers or children being targeted by gangs because they are in care. I was mainly talking about the former.  
Years ago my own child was targeted by a sex offender whilst a teenager. That wasn't my fault. When I found out I did everything in my power to educate and protect her. I do the same for every child in my care.
Shame on those local authorities who turn a blind eye if that is what they are doing.
Blind eyes are turned very often littlepixie. 

I don't see why it should be considered 'safe' that carers have so many visits from social workers/teams or police, when we know from the case of Baby P of all the numerous professional contacts that failed to spot horrific abuse. 
If a birth parent can pull the wool over these peoples eyes, why not a foster carer? 
Children in care are terribly vulnerable, and very often not believed if they do make complaints. 
What better 'vocation' for a determined abuser? (I'm certainly not saying all carers are abusers, not even a majority, but the few taint the many)

A boy on my son's school bus is in foster 'care' (I use that term very loosely). The family in question have four children that I know of, with special needs ranging from autism, deafness to Downs. The boy that goes to school with my son has 3 times this year been sent home from school because he has had severe sickness and diarrhoea all through the previous night and that school day yet been packed off to school. 
 All parents know that the child must be kept off for 48 hours in this case. 
I would consider sending a child into school in this state 'abusive', if at the lower end of the scale.  
These 'carers' are passed by social services! How?

Well done for keeping your child safe from a sex offender - I know how that feels and you have my sympathy. friends
 We were targeted by a SO last year - a friend of a friend who helped with my gardening for a week. At the end of that week I had a call from the local police telling me he had been arrested (for breach of SOPO, being in the presence of my children in other friends house). 
I obviously terminated any contact with him and gave a full statement to the police. 
It turned out my (now ex) friend knew of his past and his SOPO but didn't think to bother to warn me... He had only been released from a years sentence 8m earlier, this breach went to court and he was 'sentenced' to 3m custodial, suspended for a year, with a 2m curfew order. Crazy. 
Anyway, social services got involved - what a joke!
I was treated as though *I* had done wrong, and even got a patronising "we'd like to congratulate you for terminating contact" - what, they seriously thought I wouldn't? I had, before their visit and all on my own!

I have no faith in the care system or social services whatsoever sadly. 
For all their 'lessons will be learnt' they never seem to be. While they continue to hound families who have never and would never abuse their children but are 'different' in some way (soft targets, I would call them), children who are in desperate need of intervention are not getting it. 
And that, makes me see red. 

Rant over big grin

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by Sonmi-451 on 17.07.14 2:43

@rainbow-fairy wrote:
@littlepixie wrote:Are we talking abuse in care by carers or children being targeted by gangs because they are in care. I was mainly talking about the former.  
Years ago my own child was targeted by a sex offender whilst a teenager. That wasn't my fault. When I found out I did everything in my power to educate and protect her. I do the same for every child in my care.
Shame on those local authorities who turn a blind eye if that is what they are doing.
[Snip]: "... The boy that goes to school with my son has 3 times this year been sent home from school because he has had severe sickness and diarrhoea all through the previous night and that school day yet been packed off to school.  All parents know that the child must be kept off for 48 hours in this case" 
This '48hr off-skool-law' is news to me !!!...

I am the biological dad to one (O), and a step dad to three more (E & F & J), and a 'surrogate' father to a 5th (MMD)...and your claim that "All parents know that the child must be kept off for 48 hours in this case" is a falsehood.

I make the decision about if/when the children I am accountable for are fit to attend school, and no one has ever suggested otherwise!  Indeed, my youngest attends a school that is the 12th nearest to his mum's because the 11 nearest 'skoolz' are 'Christian faith Schools' and because mum stood up for freedom and would not kow-tow and pay for whatever 'steeple-fund' was required, she now has a 1hr 10min 'commute' each morning and afternoon to the nearest school that would accept him.

Welcome to the legacy of Michael Gove and the UK.Gov's tax-breaks for 'religious' businesses that serve to indoctrinate, and divide, our 'Free-Born' children!! 
 
When are people in this forum going to become mature and/or sensible or 'aware' enough to post comments that, instead. simply state:

 "It is likely that...",
or

"I would suggest that...",
or

"In my experience that..."

... instead of their continually assuming an inviolate position of righteous and infallible 'truth'?  

Making claims of bearing the 'only' truth undermine this forum and insult rationality... Well done TM and your shills!!

Sonmi-451

Posts : 117
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by rainbow-fairy on 17.07.14 3:49

I wrote "all parents know that the child must be kept of for 48 hours in this case", obviously talking about my son's school. We have letters home at least once a term stating the '48hr rule', being a special school there are some very vulnerable children there, health-wise. So, it is for the protection of all the children and not just the comfort of the ill child, and the 'carer' has no excuse. 
Having said that, before my eldest was home-schooled, his school had the same rule in place, and it is a normal secondary school. 

It is your prerogative to decide if and when to send your child to school; but they would be sent home if they had had sickness in the last 48h if it was any of my childrens schools. 
Is that clearer, sorry?

I would suggest I was careful not to generalise in my post and it was pretty clear, I would think, that I was stating personal viewpoints where applicable. 

Pretty OT anyway, just a poor illustration really, and if you are accusing me of being a shill, you are barking up the very wrong tree I can assure you!

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by Sonmi-451 on 17.07.14 4:23

Sorry that I misread "All parents know that the child must be kept off for 48 hours in this case".

I thought you meant "All parents"

Apologies... as I am a 'Parent'... but I now better understand the context of your posting.

I'm simply interested in clarifying claims on this site between:
(a) undeniable, 'cross-referencable' FACTS to which a peer-reviewable link exists,
and
(b) an emotive claim, passionately made  but ultimately refutable,  that's based upon 'the subjective feelings' of one or other poster

Sorry... but lots of what is posted here falls under the banner of (b) and it is swamping the (very, very, valid) contributions (even if they conflict) from members who draw upon a depth of knowledge, (e.g. those postulkated by PMc, TB, et al)

The undeniable fact is that something odd occurred relating to MBM on, or before, 3/5/07 and to put it bluntly there is so much stuff posted on here by either shills, or 'well-meaning-types', that I am struggling to discriminate between them all. I must say, Rainbow Fairy, that I felt bad about challenging you... but I am simply trying to be objective and impartial in my challenges.  So please accept my apologies... reading your many contributions you're one of those who have added value and have got my, and others', braincells suitably churning. 

 spin

Sonmi-451

Posts : 117
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by rainbow-fairy on 17.07.14 4:44

@Sonmi-451 wrote:Sorry that I misread "All parents know that the child must be kept off for 48 hours in this case".

I thought you meant "All parents"

Apologies... as I am a 'Parent'... but I now better understand the context of your posting.

I'm simply interested in clarifying claims on this site between:
(a) undeniable, 'cross-referencable' FACTS to which a peer-reviewable link exists,
and
(b) an emotive claim, passionately made  but ultimately refutable,  that's based upon 'the subjective feelings' of one or other poster

Sorry... but lots of what is posted here falls under the banner of (b) and it is swamping the (very, very, valid) contributions (even if they conflict) from members who draw upon a depth of knowledge, (e.g. those postulkated by PMc, TB, et al)

The undeniable fact is that something odd occurred relating to MBM on, or before, 3/5/07 and to put it bluntly there is so much stuff posted on here by either shills, or 'well-meaning-types', that I am struggling to discriminate between them all. I must say, Rainbow Fairy, that I felt bad about challenging you... but I am simply trying to be objective and impartial in my challenges.  So please accept my apologies... reading your many contributions you're one of those who have added value and have got my, and others', braincells suitably churning. 

 spin
Ok, it was easily misunderstood I suppose. I probably could have been clearer.

I can understand your frustrations re Madeleine (though this isn't a Maddie thread and most of the posts in it are based on personal feeling) - I want to scream when I see what can only be described as forum myths repeated sometimes here (though admin or other posters usually pick up on it quickly) and especially on Fb, and twitter (mostly newbies).
I do think in the main it is by well-meaning people getting carried away by shocking things they discover about the case, but misinformation doesn't help any cause, ultimately.

Facts are good, but there is much to speculate on too in this case - though some does go too far, in my opinion.
As long as it is based on verifiable facts, a little does no harm. I'm sure there is much to learn.

Thank you for the compliment, (I think!) - by the way laughat

____________________
"Ask the dogs, Sandra" - Gerry McCann to Sandra Felgueiras



Truth is artless and innocent - like the eloquence of nature, it is clothed with simplicity and easy persuasion; always open to investigation and analysis, it seeks exposure because it fears not detection.

NORMAN MACDONALD, Maxims and Moral Reflections.

rainbow-fairy

Posts : 1971
Reputation : 11
Join date : 2011-05-26
Age : 42
Location : going round in circles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by aquila on 17.07.14 4:52

@Sonmi-451

Firstly, I'm going to quote one of your posts:

.. I have at least 40 'live' email accounts that I use... I have a rolling number of 'live/deleted' Facebook accounts that I use... I have not used my 'real' name on any legal documentation in somewhere approaching 12 years... None of my bills are in my 'birth name'. I even write to my MP, reasonably regularly, under my 'Nom de Plume' and he writes back...    

... So your point is?

Look... If you think 'implanting or removing a chip' is more likely a factor in the MBM case than (i) covering up neglect and/or (ii) covering up abuse, then I SERIOUSLY question your motives.
by Sonmi-451on Yesterday at 8:13 pm Search in: McCann Case: latest newsTopic: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?Replies: 353Views: 17321
..............................................................................


You must be very tired Sonmi, you've been posting for 16 straight hours and virtually all of your posts are cunningly challenging the forum or an individual poster.

Here's a list of times

Wednesday

12.54 pm
1.59 pm
3.19 pm
6.46 pm
7.34 pm
7.45 pm
8.13 pm
10.22 pm
10.36 pm
11.15 pm

Rolling now into today

12.50 am
2.43 am
3.00 am
3.57 am
4.23 am

............................................................

I've read through your all your posts.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by Sonmi-451 on 17.07.14 5:03

I was being complimentary  big grin 

 ...and I concur with your statement that: "Facts are good, but there is much to speculate on too in this case - though some do[] go too far, in my opinion.  As long as it is based on verifiable facts, a little does no harm. I'm sure there is much to learn. "

I'd not have the temerity to claim that my opinion is to be deemed to be worthy of acceptance. For one, unlike others, I do not provide links to back up my comments and thus I expect my laziness to be to be challenged!.  

However, I do (like any average person on here) have some 'life-experience'... and thus I am simply passionate about how new visitors to this site might expect to be exposed to credible statements and not emotive 'piffle-paffle and supposition' masquerading as immutable fact.

I think I shall shut up from now on... I fear my mindset (& subsequent comments) are out of kilter with what's required and expected in this modern age of vacuous and deferential acceptance of "whmsy and woo" without an anticipation of open debate. People seem so 'precious' about their opinions and take it personally when questions are asked! Me? I genuinely enjoy being challenged and enjoy when I am shown to be wrong...it shows I'm learning something new, (& surely what a waste of a day it is to ''carry on, assuming one is inviolate" and there is nothing to know that is new?).

Sonmi-451

Posts : 117
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by Sonmi-451 on 17.07.14 5:30

@aquila wrote:@Sonmi-451

Firstly, I'm going to quote one of your posts:

.. I have at least 40 'live' email accounts that I use... I have a rolling number of 'live/deleted' Facebook accounts that I use... I have not used my 'real' name on any legal documentation in somewhere approaching 12 years... None of my bills are in my 'birth name'. I even write to my MP, reasonably regularly, under my 'Nom de Plume' and he writes back...    

... So your point is?

Look... If you think 'implanting or removing a chip' is more likely a factor in the MBM case than (i) covering up neglect and/or (ii) covering up abuse, then I SERIOUSLY question your motives.
by Sonmi-451on Yesterday at 8:13 pm Search in: McCann Case: latest newsTopic: Would this account for the unprecedented high level of political support?Replies: 353Views: 17321
..............................................................................


You must be very tired Sonmi, you've been posting for 16 straight hours and virtually all of your posts are cunningly challenging the forum or an individual poster.

Here's a list of times

Wednesday

12.54 pm
1.59 pm
3.19 pm
6.46 pm
7.34 pm
7.45 pm
8.13 pm
10.22 pm
10.36 pm
11.15 pm

Rolling now into today

12.50 am
2.43 am
3.00 am
3.57 am
4.23 am

............................................................

I've read through your all your posts.
I gave up a well-paid job in the City, (my last job offer was a 2yr contract on £500 per day), to work for myself from a workshop at the back of my garage for 90~100hrs per week for far, far, less than I can earn flipping burgers at Maccy-D's.

The nature of my work is that I have two PCs running constantly in my workshop...and I sometimes, perhaps once a week, work non-stop for 36hrs without a break.  I am fanatical about providing excellent customer service and equally fanatical about not ever making a profit (& thus contributing to a self-obsessed society, intent on acquiring wealth in order simply to spend that wealth). I have had no TV for some years...I have not had hot running water for about three years... I am a father to a son aged 5, a step dad to three kids, (14~15, 17 and 20) and play the role of father to a girl aged 13. I have trod the 'Gravy Train' but I now live quite outside mainstream society. The result? I appear to be (in my biased opinion) more content than any of my '9 to 5'/'shopaholic'/'consumerist' friends.

As Mahatma Ghandi said... "Be the change you want to see in the world"

... That's my mantra.

I apologise if my expectations of this forum undermines it in anyway. I see nothing wrong in challenging others (as I expect to be challenged) in order to help sift 'sense' to the top over all the silliness.

Please explain what you mean by "cunningly challenging posters"? If you mean challenging silliness then I accept what you say. If anyone I've challenged can defend themselves (as I am openly doing now) then I will apologise and my knowledge and understanding of the 'Mystery of MBM' will only improve.

Just because I do not live the life of a 'soap opera watching/'x factor loving' member of UK society please do not think I am in anyway a 'troll'.  If you live near Kent I will give you my address and you can spend a day with me and grasp how very far from the MSM 'norm' I am. If someone gave me £1m my priority would be to give it to the (true) poor. If someone's car broke down outside my home I'd spend however long it takes to make them welcome and to help repair their vehicle. I despise this Capitalist society where "If I give you 'X' it means I do not have 'X' " is most people's sole perspective.  My perspective is ""If I give you 'X' I trust you needed it more than me"  

Please tell me what's wrong with any of my posts and I'll happily expand on them. Either we will have to disagree, or you or I will (hopefully amicably ?) accept where we are wrong and where we will/have learned something new. Please tell me if anything's wrong with that.

Sonmi-451

Posts : 117
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by Sonmi-451 on 17.07.14 6:15

@Aquilla

In the spirit of complete openness...

Here's the file times of jobs I've worked on in the last 24hrs...

As you'll see I went to bed at about 3am on the 16th...and started back up again just before 10am.  (Seven hours sleep... Wooo hoo!!!) 

 

It's now 06:10 and I've been working for 20hrs (quite normal for me!) and my one online sale was for just £10, (deducting costs I will have earned about a fiver)... but I must now zzZZZZ... This is the life I choose to live. I want to be no part of tax-paying, enslaved, corrupt, paedophilic society.

I apologise that I do not conform to your ideals of your society and if you can please explain why this suggests I am not interested in the truth for MBM then I will happily answer (when I awake and get back to work in 3 or 4 hour's time).

Sonmi-451

Posts : 117
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by sharonl on 17.07.14 7:06

Surely this is not THE Stephen Fry, Patron of the great Missing People charity, alongside Cliff Richard and Lorraine Kelly with Fiona Phillips and Kate McCann as Ambassadors?


____________________
"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER" - Rebekah Brooks to David Cameron

sharonl


Posts : 3565
Reputation : 418
Join date : 2009-12-29

View user profile http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by tigger on 17.07.14 8:19

I was just about to ask that very question, Sharon!  Which charities are promoted by which celebrities and on the Google topic I wondered which charity the Lord McAlpine had chosen for his charitable persecution of twitterers?

 spin


Btw  there's a Mc peerage up for grabs - would it have been Lord McCann for all his good work?    spit coffee

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by bubblewrap on 17.07.14 8:27

@tigger wrote:I was just about to ask that very question, Sharon!  Which charities are promoted by which celebrities and on the Google topic I wondered  which charity the Lord McAlpine had chosen for his charitable persecution of twitterers?

 spin


Btw  there's a Mc peerage up for grabs - would it have been Lord McCann for all his good work?    spit coffee

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lord-mcalpine-to-donate-payments-from-twitter-1448001

Lord McAlpine is donating compensation he receives from defamatory posts linking him to child abuse on Twitter to BBC Children in Need.  big grin

bubblewrap

Posts : 41
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-07-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by tigger on 17.07.14 11:25

@bubblewrap wrote:
@tigger wrote:I was just about to ask that very question, Sharon!  Which charities are promoted by which celebrities and on the Google topic I wondered  which charity the Lord McAlpine had chosen for his charitable persecution of twitterers?

 spin


Btw  there's a Mc peerage up for grabs - would it have been Lord McCann for all his good work?    spit coffee

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/lord-mcalpine-to-donate-payments-from-twitter-1448001

Lord McAlpine is donating compensation he receives from defamatory posts linking him to child abuse on Twitter to BBC Children in Need.  big grin

O my goodness, speechless - thank you!

It doesn't say 'all compensation' though.  winkwink 

____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by PeterMac on 17.07.14 13:23

And don't forget that he is now, very conveniently, and just in the nick of time - DEAD

____________________


PeterMac
Researcher

Posts : 10170
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2010-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by aquila on 17.07.14 13:29

Here's a lovely photo of Lorraine Kelly receiving her gong.


aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SICK BRITAIN: Stephen Fry stars in a 'comedy' about paedophilia AND condemns Operation Yewtree

Post by tigger on 17.07.14 13:57

So a pay-out from BBC, another one from ITV and neither of those earmarked for a charity it seems. Probably about the same amount from ITV so getting on for half a million.

A long list of offenders on twitter even those who'd deleted their tweet

An administration fee to be deducted from the amount finally paid to a charity...
The exact amount of said admin fee not yet determined.

 splat  Charity!


____________________
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate.

tigger

Posts : 8112
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2011-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum