The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative' - Page 3 Mm11

Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative' - Page 3 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative' - Page 3 Mm11

Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative' - Page 3 Regist10

Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative'

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative' - Page 3 Empty Re: Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative'

Post by Justformaddie 15.07.14 13:21

missmar1 wrote:
Bishop Brennan wrote:
Justformaddie wrote:
Are these the three burglars they interviewed? I thought nothing was gained from them?

Correct.  They are the very ones: the schizophrenic, the van-driver and the homeless teenager.  All three photographed hiding their faces, all three interviewed, and as far as we know nothing of note gained.  But in the new narrative, that doesn't matter.  What matters are the photographs and the fact that all 3 are now Arguidos - and will remain so until the case is solved or shelved.  Many in the UK believe that they were arrested (thanks to BHH's famous "arrests coming soon" interview + associated "prime suspects" headlines).  

Coming on the back of the high-profile digs, the images and their association have successfully implanted the new narrative in the UK public's unconscious.  Remember that few look at the detail of the articles, never mind forums such as this.  The photos, the headlines and the news are all that count.  

Credit to Amaral who called it early.  It's frustrating for us.  Imagine what it must be like for him...!  

I am sorry but I cant see any way in which this can be pinned on a burglary gone wrong -  are we to believe Madeleine had woken up and disturbed a burglar who supposedly then decided to kill her and go to the kitchen/cupboards  to look for cleaning agents with the purpose of cleaning away the evidence  ? 

Due to the time checks , there is no way a burglar would have had the time to kill a child and clean up behind him    -  did he bring cleaning agents and cloth with him then  or did he look around to see what he could use to clean up with ?   Did he also take the cleaning materials he must have used in the apartment with him while he was also carrying Madeleine  ? 

Why would a burglar stop his burglary to kill a child,  clean up leaving no evidence,  take the cleaning materials he used but no booty that he supposedly came for and then risk being seen carrying a dead child from the apartment ?

How on earth the above possibilty could be spun is beyond me and most peoples thinking I would imagine.

That one will never work !   Or will it ?

All my opinion only.
Certainly won't work for me!

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative' - Page 3 Empty Re: Redwood's Role - And the 'Theory of the Developing Narrative'

Post by Bishop Brennan 15.07.14 13:35

Justformaddie wrote:
missmar1 wrote:
I am sorry but I cant see any way in which this can be pinned on a burglary gone wrong -  are we to believe Madeleine had woken up and disturbed a burglar who supposedly then decided to kill her and go to the kitchen/cupboards  to look for cleaning agents with the purpose of cleaning away the evidence  ? 

Due to the time checks , there is no way a burglar would have had the time to kill a child and clean up behind him    -  did he bring cleaning agents and cloth with him then  or did he look around to see what he could use to clean up with ?   Did he also take the cleaning materials he must have used in the apartment with him while he was also carrying Madeleine  ? 

Why would a burglar stop his burglary to kill a child,  clean up leaving no evidence,  take the cleaning materials he used but no booty that he supposedly came for and then risk being seen carrying a dead child from the apartment ?

How on earth the above possibilty could be spun is beyond me and most peoples thinking I would imagine.

That one will never work !   Or will it ?

All my opinion only.
Certainly won't work for me!

It is of course preposterous. And that is the reason that it was dismissed very early on in the original PJ investigation. It's not a new theory. Note however that it was the UK police who suggested it even back in 2007. Sadly, not a single UK TV reporter or journalist has ever questioned how unlikely (and lacking in evidence) this theory is.

It was initially rubbished by the UK public (if comments are anything to go by), and Smellyman was paraded to test the reaction to him. But it seems as though repetition works - the burglars are again the "prime suspects" - now official Arguidos and the media are backing it...

Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by mysterion 15.07.14 13:50

Problem is there would have to be a Crimewatch special to explain everything to the UK public with MM being such a high profile case on that program. That explanation could actually widen suspicion.
mysterion

Activity : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony Bennett 15.07.14 14:07

mysterion wrote:Problem is there would have to be a Crimewatch special to explain everything to the UK public with MM being such a high profile case on that program. That explanation could actually widen suspicion.
Disagree, mysterion.

This is far more likely IMO:

1. The actual 'final report' will be secret, as was said at the outset, and later confirmed via the answer to a Freedom of Information Act request (mine).

2. A summary will be released via a written statement put out either by the Head of the Met (or their Media Office) or the Home Secretary (or her Media Office).

3. This summary will be released on the type of news day where it's a good opportunity to 'bury bad news'.

4. The media won't question the summary and the public won't be able to question it either.

5. I believe the above will happen between now and February next year.

6. Those behind this 'Final Narrative' about what really happened to Madeleine McCann will hope that this will conclude 'The Madeleine McCann Affair'  - forever. 

Dr Martin Roberts: "The evidence is that these are the pjyamas Madeleine wore on holiday in Praia da Luz. They were photographed and the photo handed to a press agency, who released it on 8 May, as the search for Madeleine continued. The McCanns held up these same pyjamas at two press conferences on 5 & 7June 2007. How could Madeleine have been abducted?"

Amelie McCann (aged 2): "Maddie's jammies!".  

Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett
Researcher

Activity : 24770

Back to top Go down

Post by Varriott 15.07.14 14:11

This thread has really hit a nerve.  Why is SY promoting narratives at all?  The proof that they are doing this is that multiple media outlets print the same stories at the same time.  Surely they should be solving a crime with their considerable resources.  I don't know what's worse - a police force that seems to exist to spin fairy tales (in my opinion) or a press that slavishly follows them and prints their "leaks" without questioning their veracity.  The evidence from the original investigation is in the public domain, after all.  I want to have faith in SY, but it's their perpetually promotion of ridiculous theories that makes me doubt them completely.  If they have evidence, by all means arrest someone.  If they don't, they should stop leaking fairy tales.
Varriott
Varriott

Activity : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 15.07.14 14:17

Tony Bennett wrote:
mysterion wrote:Problem is there would have to be a Crimewatch special to explain everything to the UK public with MM being such a high profile case on that program. That explanation could actually widen suspicion.
Disagree, mysterion.

1. The actual 'final report' will be secret, as was said at the outset, and later confirmed via the answer to a Freedom of Information Act request (mine).

2. A summary will be released via a written statement put out either by the Head of the Met (or their Media Office) or the Home Secretary (or her Media Office).

3. This summary will be released on the type of news day where it's a good opportunity to 'bury bad news'.

4. The media won't question the summary and the public won't be able to question it either.

6. Those behind this 'Final Narrative' about what really happened to Madeleine McCann will hope that this will conclude 'The Madeleine McCann Affair'  - forever. 

And if this IS the exit strategy, then I suspect we would see a PJ shelving document not long after as they too close down the case for the final time.  Their conclusion may well be different however - "an initial new lead turned out to be nothing, and the original conclusions could not be followed up due to lack of any new evidence."  This summary document however will receive no UK media publicity as was the case with the original PJ summary.  Selected bits of the 4 Arguidos interviews however will be cherry-picked to provide "proof" that they dunnit.  

Let's just hope that we are all wrong...   pray
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyB 15.07.14 15:15

Tony Bennett wrote:
Disagree, mysterion.

What's the significance of February?
AndyB

Activity : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 15.07.14 15:55

Varriott wrote:This thread has really hit a nerve.  Why is SY promoting narratives at all?  The proof that they are doing this is that multiple media outlets print the same stories at the same time.  Surely they should be solving a crime with their considerable resources.  I don't know what's worse - a police force that seems to exist to spin fairy tales (in my opinion) or a press that slavishly follows them and prints their "leaks" without questioning their veracity.  The evidence from the original investigation is in the public domain, after all.  I want to have faith in SY, but it's their perpetually promotion of ridiculous theories that makes me doubt them completely.  If they have evidence, by all means arrest someone.  If they don't, they should stop leaking fairy tales.

I really hope SY is doing its job  - to find out what happened to a little girl who, imo, was not special or any different to any other child who goes missing under suspicious circumstances.....but it seems SY are treating this case as a "Special" one .

WHY a special case  ?   Madeleine's parents are not special people   ? Imo,  they acted like a selfish pair who preferred to leave their kids all alone while they went off for a good time with their friends.   For that selfish act, they have received special kid glove treatment.  

WHY are the Mccann's fawned over ?   They conduct tv and magazine interviews,  but they are not famous - they are infamous for leaving their children all alone and one disappeared.

So why all the fussing and fawning over these people who left their children  ?  Gerry Mccann even stated  " The situation Madeleine found herself in "  

Any parent would know a 3 year old cannot choose their "situation"   imo, it was a situation her parents actions put her in and not the other way around, and how have they been treated for their actions ?    The Mccann's have been treated like mini celebs by the UK media and the likes of Lorraine Kelly....even SY seem to show the utmost respect when dealing with the Mcanns. 

Eta,  imo, there is something very very wrong with this case - yes, I can understand the sympathy shown to the Mccann's when it first happened because their daughter had gone missing, but , with the release of the files and their continued odd behaviour ..ie,  the mother not answering police questions , rubbishing the dogs, statements discrepancies etc....they, and all their holiday pals, need to be re-interviewed at the very least .

All my opinion only.
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Baldrick 15.07.14 16:15

missmar1 wrote:
Varriott wrote:This thread has really hit a nerve.  Why is SY promoting narratives at all?  The proof that they are doing this is that multiple media outlets print the same stories at the same time.  Surely they should be solving a crime with their considerable resources.  I don't know what's worse - a police force that seems to exist to spin fairy tales (in my opinion) or a press that slavishly follows them and prints their "leaks" without questioning their veracity.  The evidence from the original investigation is in the public domain, after all.  I want to have faith in SY, but it's their perpetually promotion of ridiculous theories that makes me doubt them completely.  If they have evidence, by all means arrest someone.  If they don't, they should stop leaking fairy tales.

I really hope SY is doing its job  - to find out what happened to a little girl who, imo, was not special or any different to any other child who goes missing under suspicious circumstances.....but it seems SY are treating this case as a "Special" one .

WHY a special case  ?   Madeleine's parents are not special people   ? Imo,  they acted like a selfish pair who preferred to leave their kids all alone while they went off for a good time with their friends.   For that selfish act, they have received special kid glove treatment.  

WHY are the Mccann's fawned over ?   They conduct tv and magazine interviews,  but they are not famous - they are infamous for leaving their children all alone and one disappeared.

So why all the fussing and fawning over these people who left their children  ?  Gerry Mccann even stated  " The situation Madeleine found herself in "  

Any parent would know a 3 year old cannot choose their "situation"   imo, it was a situation her parents actions put her in and not the other way around, and how have they been treated for their actions ?    The Mccann's have been treated like mini celebs by the UK media and the likes of Lorraine Kelly....even SY seem to show the utmost respect when dealing with the Mccann's .

All my opinion only.

No I don't believe the Mccanns are special people. That is why I don't believe the pink one was sent to help them. IMO he was sent to make sure no other peoples names were dropped by the Maccs and friends in the return for help.
Baldrick

Activity : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Varriott 15.07.14 16:23

missmar1 wrote:

Any parent would know a 3 year old cannot choose their "situation"   imo, it was a situation her parents actions put her in and not the other way around, and how have they been treated for their actions ?    The Mccann's have been treated like mini celebs by the UK media and the likes of Lorraine Kelly....even SY seem to show the utmost respect when dealing with the Mcanns. 

Eta,  imo, there is something very very wrong with this case - yes, I can understand the sympathy shown to the Mccann's when it first happened because their daughter had gone missing, but , with the release of the files and their continued odd behaviour ..ie,  the mother not answering police questions , rubbishing the dogs, statements discrepancies etc....they, and all their holiday pals, need to be re-interviewed at the very least .

All my opinion only.

What makes this a special case?  I think it's the iron law of crime reporting, which I have seen over and over again.  That is, when a crime is committed abroad, the British public always consider British suspects to be innocent.  And when a crime is committed at home, the British public always consider British suspects to be guilty.  All that was special here is that it happened abroad.  Therefore the parents must be innocent.  Therefore a smelly, Mediterranean, swarthy, paedophile, drunken, foreign, schitzophrenic, Russian, thieving, homeless, begging, dark-haired, non-British person must have done it.  SY only want to make it seem like they are "doing their job" and are not bumbling, disgraced, sardine-munching foreigners - because who else might suspect a British person ABROAD!!  This is all a case study in xenophobia.
Varriott
Varriott

Activity : 85

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 15.07.14 16:41

Varriott wrote:
missmar1 wrote:

All my opinion only.

What makes this a special case?  I think it's the iron law of crime reporting, which I have seen over and over again.  That is, when a crime is committed abroad, the British public always consider British suspects to be innocent.  And when a crime is committed at home, the British public always consider British suspects to be guilty.  All that was special here is that it happened abroad.  Therefore the parents must be innocent.  Therefore a smelly, Mediterranean, swarthy, paedophile, drunken, foreign, schitzophrenic, Russian, thieving, homeless, begging, dark-haired, non-British person must have done it.  SY only want to make it seem like they are "doing their job" and are not bumbling, disgraced, sardine-munching foreigners - because who else might suspect a British person ABROAD!!  This is all a case study in xenophobia.

I know the British like to think they are superior to others - but imo, this case has all the hallmarks of good PR and plenty of brain washing to people who do not delve too deeply into the whys and hows. - it reminds me of the play called The Crucible by Arthur Miller,  it was about witchcraft in the 16 th century but my point about the play is how the witchmaster General was able to create mass hysteria  - it spread like wildfire......
missmar1

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 15.07.14 16:51

Varriott wrote:

IMO from the very start, the McCanns and their friends made sure they sabotaged any chance of the Portuguese police looking good. IMO they deliberately muddied the circumstances and made it difficult to collect proper clues. IMO they then took advantage of the confusion by pointing the Portuguese police out as bumbling and inefficient, and took every opportunity to build on this theme in their actions, statements, and stories conveyed to the British media. With that impression clearly planted, IMO they then played on that theme when push came to shove and they were made arguidos. They used the idea they they were being "framed" or that the PJ were incompetent, in order to convince the British public that their refusal to answer questions, and their refusal to cooperate, and their swift departure from the country, and their refusal to return for a reconstruction, was all completely understandable under the circumstances. And that, my friends, is how Kate and Gerry have managed to twist and spin everything that happened seven years ago into where they - and we - are now in the investigation.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by missmar1 15.07.14 16:58

canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:

IMO from the very start, the McCanns and their friends made sure they sabotaged any chance of the Portuguese police looking good. IMO they deliberately muddied the circumstances and made it difficult to collect proper clues. IMO they then took advantage of the confusion by pointing the Portuguese police out as bumbling and inefficient, and took every opportunity to build on this theme in their actions, statements, and stories conveyed to the British media. With that impression clearly planted, IMO they then played on that theme when push came to shove and they were made arguidos. They used the idea they they were being "framed" or that the PJ were incompetent, in order to convince the British public that their refusal to answer questions, and their refusal to cooperate, and their swift departure from the country, and their refusal to return for a reconstruction, was all completely understandable under the circumstances. And that, my friends, is how Kate and Gerry have managed to twist and spin everything that happened seven years ago into where they - and we - are now in the investigation.

Very well said canada12  thats my opinion too.
missmar1

Back to top Go down

Post by Newintown 15.07.14 17:07

canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:

That's an excellent summing up of all that has gone on for the past 7 years, although don't forget the highly paid lawyers, consultants, PR agencies plus people who have their own morning TV programmes who don't ask the McCanns any awkward questions, have all helped the McCanns along the way to fame and fortune and have all forgotten about the REAL VICTIM, MADELEINE BETH MCCANN.

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"

Newintown
Newintown

Activity : 1622

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie 15.07.14 17:17

Newintown wrote:
canada12 wrote:
Varriott wrote:

That's an excellent summing up of all that has gone on for the past 7 years, although don't forget the highly paid lawyers, consultants, PR agencies, people who have their own morning TV programmes and don't ask the McCanns any awkward questions, have all helped the McCanns along the way to fame and fortune, and have all forgotten about the REAL VICTIM, MADELEINE BETH MCCANN.
So so sad, IMO maddie was money in the end. IMO  Sad 
But in the end the  fan The dogs have trapped them  lol4 Then they'll be where they belong  prisoner  woohooo 
All IMO and hopes and dreams!

Activity : 541

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 15.07.14 20:00

Think you're probably right Tony. Equally they might time something for the election - I mean soon after.

Tony Bennett wrote:
Disagree, mysterion.

Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15.07.14 21:53

missmar1 wrote:

I know the British like to think they are superior to others - but imo, this case has all the hallmarks of good PR and plenty of brain washing to people who do not delve too deeply into the whys and hows. - it reminds me of the play called The Crucible by Arthur Miller,  it was about witchcraft in the 16 th century but my point about the play is how the witchmaster General was able to create mass hysteria  - it spread like wildfire......

The Crucible was actually about McCarthyism, under which Arthur Miller personally suffered. In a rather heavy handed bit of allegory he portrayed a metaphorical witch hunt by depicting an actual witch hunt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SuspiciousMinds 15.07.14 22:02

How easy is it going to be to "bury" this news, when several million pounds have so very publically and controversially been spent on it? And if the final report in any way exonerates the McCanns, you can bet your little red wellies that they will be out there with their PR team in full force saying, "See, we told you we were innocent! Oh, and erm... yeah...we're obviously really sad that the kid died, by the way."

It's not really the kind of story that is going to disappear unnoticed, is it?

And nobody who already has their doubts (and knows about the dogs) will be convinced by it anyway. So how is the report supposed to conclude anything? It will just be another unedifying chapter in a long, ongoing saga.
SuspiciousMinds

Activity : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by nomendelta 15.07.14 22:27

Even if SY provide any kind of proof to confirm MM died before "disappearing" I don't think it will hamper the McCanns one bit. The campaign will go on, the fund will go on with them publicly disagreeing with the evidence and sticking to their belief that there is no evidence that MM came to any harm.
nomendelta

Activity : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by XTC 15.07.14 23:05

Okeydokey wrote:Think you're probably right Tony.  Equally they might time something for the election - I mean soon after.

Tony Bennett wrote:
Disagree, mysterion.

In my humble opion the summation of it all is in Tony's 4th point.

The media already do not question the latest acts by SY and will settle for the Madeleine cannot be found scenario.

Meanwhile the fate of Madeliene will always remain in the air in the minds of the public. Based more on hope ( not necessarily a bad thing) than actuaility.

The ' search ' for Madeleine can be kept on in perpituity because until she is found there can be no settled fact establishing whether she is dead or alive. No credible evidence of abduction and no credible evidence of death.

The thing remains ( to use blacksmith's " as it stands " words ) that until further irrefutable and informative  evidence emerges nothing can happen to take the investigation further forward.

My opinion is that SY, despite highlighting the Smith family sighting and dismissing the Tannerman sighting, are no longer in search of even the Smithman otherwise they would be searching the area where the Smith family spotted the man and child. Everywhere but there.

It's a bit cynical but the investigation is being carried out in a cynical manner so I'll join in the cynicism by saying that the Smith man sighting will be in the same category as the Tannerman sighting with the exception that SY have not figured out how to dismiss the Smithman from the investigation yet. But eventually they will.

If they can't think of a reason to dismiss it from the public mind it will just be ignored. As if Crimewatch never happened and the promised Irish style Crimewatch which never happened also.

I wouldn't agree with all that Tony Bennet is saying but the orientation is clear.

Reshelving of the investigation.

Nothing more can be done.
XTC

Activity : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by jhansigirl 15.07.14 23:14

Baldrick wrote:
missmar1 wrote:

Any parent would know a 3 year old cannot choose their "situation"   imo, it was a situation her parents actions put her in and not the other way around, and how have they been treated for their actions ?    The Mccann's have been treated like mini celebs by the UK media and the likes of Lorraine Kelly....even SY seem to show the utmost respect when dealing with the Mccann's .

All my opinion only.

No I don't believe the Mccanns are special people. That is why I don't believe the pink one was sent to help them. IMO he was sent to make sure no other peoples names were dropped by the Maccs and friends in the return for help.

Totally agree with everything you have written.
jhansigirl
jhansigirl

Activity : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 15.07.14 23:23

All of the above makes for depressing reading. In order for the SY/Government whitewash to happen, TM will have to be told to finally STFU. I can't see this happening. If I were on Redwood's team I'd be thinking that the Mcs are way too shaky to be brought into an agreement to stay silent forever. There's always the chance/fear that one of the T& will grow a pair and sing. My glass is still half-full.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by petunia 15.07.14 23:55

Maybe one of the Pact have told their "good friends" the mccanns to bugger off in a nice sort of way or maybe they meant to tell them but they forgot because of other commitments.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer 15.07.14 23:55

@ Baldrick - " I don't believe the pink one was sent to help them."

Agreed.  He was sent to control them IMO.  

At the time his job was to control what comes out in the media - he was merely seconded by the establishment to control what comes out of the McCann`s mouths IMO.

Activity : 3508

Back to top Go down

Post by joel27 16.07.14 8:32

I cannot agree with Tonys theory, though he is probably right on a few aspects OG will be shelved and I guess the date is about right. Whatever I think and the view I have there is not enough evidence to get a conviction against anyone. Unless someone comes forward and admits they lied, which currently looks unlikey, I dont see where it can go.  Its changed the storyline brought into focus a number of old suspect or suspects  and opened up the timeframe, but its not found anything new of any significance. It needs to be closed down soon from both a cost and manpower need. Its failed if the aim was to clear the McCanns as some think, it has not and cannot in my opinion.  Where I think Tony is wrong is that it was one big scam with lots of people involved from the BBC, OG, TM and Uncle Tom Cobley an all, in some great high level cover up, or clearence of the McCanns. I still think that some of the OG statements are for public consumptuion , the McCanns are not suspects for instance. The outcry lead by LK or others if they had would have been louder than those of us with differing views. To compare it to the cover ups on say Stephen Lawrence , Hillsborough and others which were about protecting the police is wrong.  Its depressing as depressing as the current case of Summer Rogers- Ratcliffe .

Do I see hope in any of it, maybe I am wrong there is some, and forums like this and others help.  Maybe the saying beware the hand that feeds you is one that needs to be considered by some a revengful media pack is not a pretty sight
joel27

Activity : 38

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top