The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hello!

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When posting please be mindful that this forum is primarily about the death of a three year old girl.

Regards,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

Tony Blair

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tony Blair

Post by Woofer on 11.07.14 11:17

I`m afraid I haven`t read Kate`s book - I couldn`t bear to contaminate my home, let alone touch it.

So can anyone confirm what she said about contacting Tony and Cherie Blair.  Did this really happen?

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tony Blair

Post by PeterMac on 11.07.14 12:14

@Woofer wrote:I`m afraid I haven`t read Kate`s book - I couldn`t bear to contaminate my home, let alone touch it.
So can anyone confirm what she said about contacting Tony and Cherie Blair.  Did this really happen?

As we were walking up from the beach at about 5pm, I had a call from Cherie Blair, in her final days as wife of the prime minister (her husband Tony would announce his resignation two days later and leave office the following month). She was kind and helpful.

Lady Catherine Meyer, the friend Cherie Blair had mentioned to me in her phone call.

Blair, Cherie 118–19, 191
Blair, Tony 118

PeterMac
Researcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 11.07.14 12:25

Thanks Peter.

So nothing about Tony B contacting them.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 11.07.14 12:55

@PeterMac wrote:
@Woofer wrote:I`m afraid I haven`t read Kate`s book - I couldn`t bear to contaminate my home, let alone touch it.

As we were walking up from the beach at about 5pm, I had a call from Cherie Blair, in her final days as wife of the prime minister (her husband Tony would announce his resignation two days later and leave office the following month). She was kind and helpful.

Lady Catherine Meyer, the friend Cherie Blair had mentioned to me in her phone call.

Blair, Cherie 118–19, 191
Blair, Tony 118

This Lady Catherine Meyer:

DELETED NOT PROVED

As the accounts of the charity show, in 2010 income was £97,805 and expenditure, £80,491.
In 2009, the income was £28,445 and expenses £87,640 leading to a loss, even after taking into account unrealised investment gains, of over £50,000.
When we look at expenses we can see that over £49,586  of expenses in 2010 related to the salaries of Catherine Meyer (Lady Meyer) and her administrative assistant.  
The Daily Telegraph understands that nearly 70 percent of that money was related to the salary of Lady Meyer.

In 2009, expenses directly related to the salaries of Lady Meyer and her assistant was £63,877.

It is quite easy to see why the charity lost over £50,000 that year.

The link to the Telegraph has now been "whooshed"

So, admins, please remove if you feel that this post is inappropriate without the link to back it up.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 11.07.14 13:51

IIRC Cherie Blair rang the McCann's just a few days after Madeleine's disappearance and told Kate that...'whatever happens, your lives will never be the same again'. 

'Whatever happens '?

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.07.14 14:46

An odd choice of words to say to the grieving parents of a missing child, Hicks, but KM's fellow Liverpudlian is not noted for her empathy  big grin 

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 11.07.14 15:09

@ultimaThule wrote:An odd choice of words to say to the grieving parents of a missing child, Hicks, but KM's fellow Liverpudlian is not noted for her empathy  big grin

Maybe not so much for her empathy, ultima, but this article certainly lists a few attributes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sue-carroll-on-how-money-grabbing-schemer-307354

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule on 11.07.14 16:46

Those are definitely the attributes which KM's fellow Liverpudlian is rightly renowned for, Millie.   Perhaps they are related?  yes

ultimaThule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum