The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Newintown on 10.07.14 18:03

@Versailles wrote:
@Miraflores wrote:
If only she had just been honest at the beginning.... even if she had done something terrible to Madeleine, she could well of been suffering post natal depression. The courts would have been sympathetic and she would probably have just needed psychiatric help.

I agree here. A friend's wife suffered. PND is not just 'the blues'; it's a serious condition which doesn't just go away after a few weeks and needs treatment.
Some women are evil. There is no need to invent a psychiatric diagnosis to a woman just because she has done something we can not comprehend. That is a slap in the face for those mothers who are truly suffering from PND.

So, unless Kate has been diagnosed with it, I dont think she had it.

I very much doubt that whatever happened to Madeleine was a case of KM suffering from PND.  Madeleine's body had to be hidden for a reason, if she died due to an accident or whether KM lashed out at her and caused her death are not such heinous crimes as something very sinister which must be hidden at all costs.   The McCanns could not allow an autopsy to be carried out otherwise their lives, the twins' lives and the lives of their wider family would be destroyed if the truth came to light, IMO.

____________________
Laurie Levenson, Quoted in the Guardian ........

"Never trust an eyewitness whose memory gets better over time"


Newintown

Posts : 1597
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by TellTheTruth on 10.07.14 18:04

So the judge informs gm of THREE other books and he doesn't t know about them??

How can he not? Not like him to miss a trick for topping up the dwindling cash problem.

Makes this whole trial look VERY personal.


Poor Gonclo, all these years of having these evil people after him and he has shown such bravery.

Hope these two have said enough for the judge to have seen what this whole trial is about.

BTW, thanks for posting this PM.

TellTheTruth

Posts : 101
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by puzzled on 10.07.14 18:08

@Versailles wrote:Thank you. Very strange. Do you think (the British ones in here) that the majority of the people in Britain have the same opinion regarding this as we do on this forum? 

I gaher, this is something that has been (or is) discussed at workplaces, family gatherings, among friends and also with strangers. Or are we in minority?

When I look at the comments section of news sites, whenever this story is in the news, about 90% of the comments are very unsympathetic to the McCanns. So no, I don't think we're in a minority.

____________________
...how did you feel the last time you squashed a bug? -psychopathic criminal, quoted in Robert Hare, Without Conscience

puzzled

Posts : 177
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2011-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ShuBob on 10.07.14 18:08

Thanks PM.

Thanks to the judge, I finally unserstand what this case is about. It's not a libel trial!

The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judgeThe point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 10.07.14 18:09

@PeterMac wrote:With many thanks and full acknowedgements

http://www.justpamalam.co.uk/Gerry_McCann_08_07_2014.htm
Libel trial Day 12  Gerry McCann deposition text from PDF 08-07-2014

Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 12 - Gerald McCann's deposition

The hearing as it happened
(08.07.2014, 11am)
The lawyers asked for a pause after KMC's deposition. At the end of a 10' pause, the clerk arrived with GMC. He was asked to stand to answer the usual identity questions and commit himself to tell the truth.

Judge – When did you learn that Gonçalo Amaral's book had been published?
GMC says it was in April 2008, a friend sent them translations of media articles.
Judge – The book hadn't been published yet?
GMC – No. He says that the book was introduced in the media before it was published.
Judge – Was it through interviews?
GMC – Yes.
Judge – When was the book published?
GMC says it was published 3 days after the releasing of the AG final report.

Judge – When did you have access to the book?
GMC replies that he learnt through the media, particularly the Correio da Manhã, that the book was published. Portuguese friends daily translated for them what the media said.
Judge – Have you read the book entirely?
GMC says that he read translated parts. Only later a translation of the whole book was available.
Judge – When?
GMC – Later in 2008. He adds that he must say that their lawyer Rogério Alves read the book, made a report upon it and then had a discussion with them about it.

Judge – How did you feel?
GMC says that what was said in the media, before he himself read the book, was the cause of much anxiety for him.
Judge – And the book?
GMC says it was shocking. The book is an affront to him, to his wife, to his family and to the people who believe in them.
Judge – How did you feel?
GMC says that he obviously felt anguish, despair and of course anger reckoning that someone so close to the investigation alleges claims without evidence that his missing daughter is unequivocally dead. The most important issue for them was that the book was read by hundreds of thousands of people and widely publicised. That made the people believe in the conclusions, preventing information about Madeleine from being brought up.

Judge – Then the documentary was broadcast?
GMC says that it was even worse then.
Judge – Why?
GMC explains that it states right at the beginning that Madeleine is dead, that there was no abduction, that he and his wife are liars, that they are cold and ruthless enough to hide a body instead of rending assistance. There's no evidence of that and the evidence that the documentary presents doesn't match.
Judge – Have you watched the documentary?
GMC watched it on the Web.

Judge – Have you been feeling the same as with the book?
GMC says it was worst.
Judge – In what way?
GMC says it was horrible to realise that people were watching something that wasn't true. They were working very hard on the investigation, including people in the Algarve who had been brought in to help. The documentary destroyed all the possibilities of obtaining assistance.

Judge – Do you know about interviews of Gonçalo Amaral in the Correio da Manhã ?
GMC says that he read many interviews.
Judge – What about interviews upon the thesis of the book?
GMC argues that there were many articles on the theme published in the Correio da Manhã and also in other newspapers.
Judge – Do you remember an article published in (30) Julho 2008 in the Correio da Manhã ?
GMC remarks that articles were published almost on a daily basis and asks whether he can see the headline.
The Judge asks the clerk to show the article to GMC, says that the header is
"Madeleine died in the flat" and ask the interpreter to translate the beginning of the article.
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/noticia.aspx?channelid=00000009-0000-0000-0000-000000000009&contentid=F4C302DD-058C-44C9-8D9E-84C08B61B68C

Judge – Do you remember it?
GMC says that he saw that in many other newspapers.
The Judge observes that this was the first of a series of excerpts of "A verdade da Mentira" published by the Correio da Manhã.

Judge – Have you had insomnia, lack of appetite?
GMC says there were not many nights without thinking of that book. Anxiety was big and of course appetite was failing, but it wasn't permanent.

Judge – Have you observed that people thought differently of you after the publication of the book?
GMC notes that it is difficult to answer because this requires knowing what the people thought before.
Judge – Do you think that for most people these theories are true?
GMC argues that there was clearly no evidence that Madeleine was dead and that nothing supported that Kate and him were anyhow responsible. People strongly believed them, but after the book was published and after a huge media coverage most Portuguese stopped believing because they were bombarded by the idea of Madeleine's death and of a staged abduction.

Judge – What about the public in the UK?
GMC says that, thanks to the legal actions, the content of the book hasn't been published by the MSM, but small minority groups, in the UK, have launched campaigns of persecution against them, based on the book.
Judge – Can you name them?
GMC – Yes, we had legal actions against the Madeleine Foundation and the name is Anthony Bennett.
Judge – What relation exists between this group and the publication of the book?
GMC says that AB used parts of the book, interviewed Gonçalo Amaral and invited him on a forum.
Judge – Did the group exist before the publication?
GMC isn't sure about that. But he's able to say that the material they used was based on the allegations of the book. They published pamphlets that said that Madeleine hadn't been abducted. They distributed them to his neighbours and in the whole Leicestershire. This led AB to receive many warnings from his juridical counsels and finally to be sued.

Judge – The twins know the theory of the book?
GMC says they try not to talk upon that subject, but they answer the twins' questions. Sean asked Kate a specific question; he asked why Mr Amaral said that they hid Madeleine. They're aware that the twins make those questions because they hear people tell things.
Judge – What did you do?
GMC mentions that they were very worried about the twins and took a professional advice. They contacted a child psychologist who told them how to handle the issue the best way. He still advises them when they need it. GMC adds that the key-piece of advice is to answer the questions as openly as possible, at their understanding level. Up to now, he says, it has functioned very well, but he's worried by the fact they're going to discover on the Web horrible things about their parents. He's worried by the effect it will have on them.

The Judge asks whether there is a coordination with the school upon that issue.
GMC says that the school provided a big support and is in contact with Kate, but there hasn't been specific incidents.
Judge – Do you know a book by Paulo Cristóvão on the Maddie Case (A Estrela de Madeleine)
GMC says he vaguely heard of it.
Judge – Do you know a book by Manuel Catarino (A Culpa dos McCann?)
GMC says he doesn't know that name.
Judge – Do you know a book by Hernâni Carvalho and Luís Maia (Maddy 129)?
GMC says he knows the name Hernâni Carvalho because his comments in the media on GA's book. But he doesn't know that he wrote a book.

Gonçalo Amaral's new lawyer, Miguel Cruz Rodrigues, is the only one who has a question for GMC. He wants to know what caused more distress, the disappearance, the arguido status or the reason for this trial.
The judge rephrases – What disturbed you more: the disappearance of your daughter, the fact you were made arguido or the reason for this trial, i.e the book and the documentary?
GMC says that those events happened at different times. A missing child is the hugest pain there is, but the publication of the book sharpened the pain.

There's no more questions and the Judge is about to dismiss the plaintiff when GMC claims that he has something to say.
The judge says that in a civil trial the parties aren't allowed to spontaneous depositions. But she allows him: please do speak!
GMC says that he wants to make a comment about the dogs; he wants to make it clear that it is not a fact that they detected blood...
The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

And so it ended
Thank you PeterMac... been waiting for this. So he does mention the A word as well as the dogs. Love the way the judge put him straight. He is just too hung up over the dogs. I am surprised GM was not aware of other books... probably go about suing the authors of those next.
It seems pretty clear to me that none of them have shown much evidence of GA book "affecting" them.. AND according to GA "The twins are fine" If they were not fine, I think he would have stated a lot of incidents showing that the children were not coping just fine.

Dont Make Me Laff

Posts : 304
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-18
Location : Kent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Gaggzy on 10.07.14 18:09

@sallypelt wrote:David Wuffler ‏@Heavy_Dave  · 1m  
In Lisbon, Gerry #mccann answers a question that hadn't been asked : "I just want to say that the dog did not smell blood."



If I was the judge I would have said, 'No, but you two can, to the tune of a million quid, you pair of Martin Brunts. (rhyming slang).

 mad    angry   angry2

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 10.07.14 18:11

AND according to GA "The twins are fine" If they were not fine, I think he would have stated a lot of incidents showing that the children were not coping just fine.

Correction that should GM

Dont Make Me Laff

Posts : 304
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-18
Location : Kent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by annysmithgold on 10.07.14 18:12

@Versailles wrote:
@annysmithgold wrote:
@Versailles wrote:I am not British, so I may be wrong here.

Is it common that British media is so understanding and kind when it comes to child neglect, if that results in the child's death? 
I.E., could this treatment from the press have been expected had they been single parents on benefits who left their kids alone in a hotel room in Magaluf?
No, they would have been crucified in the press, and prosecuted.
Thank you. Very strange. Do you think (the British ones in here) that the majority of the people in Britain have the same opinion regarding this as we do on this forum? 

I gaher, this is something that has been (or is) discussed at workplaces, family gatherings, among friends and also with strangers. Or are we in minority?
I think we are a minority, but a large one. A group I belong to has over 30,000 members. Of my friends and family I would say it's 75/25 not believing the mccanns. The trouble is that the mainstream media here do not report accurately. That is when they do report at all. This trial has had very little publicity and that which it has had, has been favourable to the mccanns

annysmithgold

Posts : 46
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-04-25
Age : 55
Location : chilling in the sun, by the pool, in a lovely place

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Iamtheseeker on 10.07.14 18:12

Dr Amaral should be awarded instead of being persecuted for the book . How else can one let the world know of injustices one faces in our society today ? As someone put in an earlier post , would the British media support a parent who leaves under 4 year olds to join their friends for drinks? Is this allowed in the UK or is it only allowed for 2 doctors from the UK to behave this way Mr Cameron? In a world of Justice and common sense it appears not . Its about time these two hideous liars  face the full force of the law and with them their hired mouth piece should be charged for "aiding and abetting a couple of liars" .   prisoner  big grin

Iamtheseeker

Posts : 93
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Brian Griffin on 10.07.14 18:14

@SuspiciousMinds wrote:If I've got this right, if the McCanns lose this case they are going to have to pay all the costs for the last five years' of court cases etc. and possibly also the costs of the latest shenanigans on top. I imagine that this is not likely to be cheap?

As the Fund exists to support Madeleine's family, presumably there will be no legal objection to them paying the costs out of it. But it would be a stinger of a question if a journalist pointed out to them that thousands of people had donated all this money to them on the understanding that it would help the fund to search for Madeleine, and instead they had wasted it on a feeble attempt to protect their own reputations against a book that had been found to be neither libellous or damaging. Ethically, how could they sit there and justify paying the costs out of the Fund? It will turn even more people against them.

That's if they even plan to pay the costs back if they lose.

And if the book is officially not libellous and not damaging according to the Portuguese courts, might there finally be an British publisher who is prepared to print it in English and put it in the bookshops? If, as we suspect, the Fund is low on cash and then all the court costs have to be paid out of what is left, then the McCanns will struggle to afford yet another court case. Would they have to put up with seeing the Truth of the Lie at the top of the bestseller charts and Goncalo Amaral swanning about in a flash car and doing UK television interviews with fawning presenters hanging onto his every word?!

(OMG, I want that to happen so much that it hurts...!   Mrs  )
That's mean!  winkwink

____________________
"Looking for Madeleine"? - Lying for the McCanns! (In my opinion)

Brian Griffin

Posts : 577
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Gaggzy on 10.07.14 18:16

@ShuBob wrote:Thanks PM.

Thanks to the judge, I finally unserstand what this case is about. It's not a libel trial!

The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMCBut the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judgeThe point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

Another foot-in-mouth moment from 'know-all-knows-eff-all McCann.'

Gerry, if the book mentions FACTS, then they are FACTS. How can you say a FACT isn't true??????

 shark

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Dont Make Me Laff on 10.07.14 18:16

DELETED.

Dont Make Me Laff

Posts : 304
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2014-06-18
Location : Kent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Snifferdog on 10.07.14 18:22

In answer to Versailles
Imo the majority of peoples' eyes are shut, about many things - throughout the world. We hear that someone "would never...(do that to their own; child, country, another country etc etc)", Not realizing that we cannot measure all people on our own norms and values for a given situation. Many people believe that so and so for eg, being a doctor, politician, newspaper, nurse, parent royalty, sister, friend, brother would Never harm (insert appropriate).
Its called cognitive dissonance.


____________________
“‘Conspiracy stuff’ is now shorthand for unspeakable truth.”
– Gore Vidal

Snifferdog

Posts : 1008
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep on 10.07.14 18:29

@PeterMac wrote:There's no more questions and the Judge is about to dismiss the plaintiff when GMC claims that he has something to say.
The judge says that in a civil trial the parties aren't allowed to spontaneous depositions. But she allows him: please do speak!
GMC says that he wants to make a comment about the dogs; he wants to make it clear that it is not a fact that they detected blood...
The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

And so it ended

I don't like the sound of that. So, providing the McC's say the book offended them, they can get £1million quid?

IAmNotMerylStreep

Posts : 194
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2011-05-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by aquila on 10.07.14 18:30

[quote="Dont Make Me Laff"]:quote]
That's the type of comment this forum really doesn't need.

I hope it's deleted.

It already has been

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ShuBob on 10.07.14 18:33

I'm now confused about the point of this trial.

If it's not to establish whether what's written in the book is true or not but simply to find out if it damaged the couple, does that then mean that even in a case where the truth has been establish before the case is brought to court, the plaintiff can bring a case simply because the truth is detrimental to them?  i don\'t know 

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ultimaThule on 10.07.14 18:34

@inspirespirit wrote:
@Versailles wrote:
@Miraflores wrote:
If only she had just been honest at the beginning.... even if she had done something terrible to Madeleine, she could well of been suffering post natal depression. The courts would have been sympathetic and she would probably have just needed psychiatric help.

I agree here. A friend's wife suffered. PND is not just 'the blues'; it's a serious condition which doesn't just go away after a few weeks and needs treatment.
Some women are evil. There is no need to invent a psychiatric diagnosis to a woman just because she has done something we can not comprehend. That is a slap in the face for those mothers who are truly suffering from PND.

So, unless Kate has been diagnosed with it, I dont think she had it.
No-one is inventing a psychiatric diagnosis.  Loads of women go undiagnosed, and they are doctors, so can self prescribe without having to put anything on their records.  Also,  what you have to bear in mind is she is living with a narcisstic sociopath, so everything she does and says will be controlled by him, imo.  He may have been treating her for it, for all we know, as he wouldn't have wanted everyone to know his wife had a psychiatric disorder.  She certainly doesn't look 'with it', half the time and the other half, she looks terrified and haunted.

Doctors in the UK are not allowed to self-prescribe and, except in emergencies, they do not provide treatment for their relatives, is.

It seems to me that you have invented a pyschiatric diagnois for GM and IMO, as evidenced both by her bewk and her observable behaviour, the only narcissistic sociopath KM is living with is herself.

ultimaThule

Posts : 3355
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2013-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ShuBob on 10.07.14 18:34

@IAmNotMerylStreep wrote:
@PeterMac wrote:There's no more questions and the Judge is about to dismiss the plaintiff when GMC claims that he has something to say.
The judge says that in a civil trial the parties aren't allowed to spontaneous depositions. But she allows him: please do speak!
GMC says that he wants to make a comment about the dogs; he wants to make it clear that it is not a fact that they detected blood...
The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

And so it ended

I don't like the sound of that. So, providing the McC's say the book offended them, they can get £1million quid?

I'm confused as well  nah 

ShuBob

Posts : 1893
Reputation : 57
Join date : 2012-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Gaggzy on 10.07.14 18:42

Poe wrote:
Gerry McCann wrote:Whoever took Madeleine is still out there and whoever the person is they must have been laughing these past six years.







Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

 thumbsup 

Gaggzy

Posts : 488
Reputation : 23
Join date : 2014-06-08
Location : North West.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Iamtheseeker on 10.07.14 18:46

Were these pictures taken when the hideous pair receive money from people for their fund ? big grin

Iamtheseeker

Posts : 93
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Versailles on 10.07.14 18:46

@ultimaThule wrote:
@inspirespirit wrote:
@Versailles wrote:
@Miraflores wrote:
If only she had just been honest at the beginning.... even if she had done something terrible to Madeleine, she could well of been suffering post natal depression. The courts would have been sympathetic and she would probably have just needed psychiatric help.

I agree here. A friend's wife suffered. PND is not just 'the blues'; it's a serious condition which doesn't just go away after a few weeks and needs treatment.
Some women are evil. There is no need to invent a psychiatric diagnosis to a woman just because she has done something we can not comprehend. That is a slap in the face for those mothers who are truly suffering from PND.

So, unless Kate has been diagnosed with it, I dont think she had it.
No-one is inventing a psychiatric diagnosis.  Loads of women go undiagnosed, and they are doctors, so can self prescribe without having to put anything on their records.  Also,  what you have to bear in mind is she is living with a narcisstic sociopath, so everything she does and says will be controlled by him, imo.  He may have been treating her for it, for all we know, as he wouldn't have wanted everyone to know his wife had a psychiatric disorder.  She certainly doesn't look 'with it', half the time and the other half, she looks terrified and haunted.

Doctors in the UK are not allowed to self-prescribe and, except in emergencies, they do not provide treatment for their relatives, is.

It seems to me that you have invented a pyschiatric diagnois for GM and IMO, as evidenced both by her bewk and her observable behaviour, the only narcissitic sociopath KM is living with is herself.
Yes. Sometimes women are evil sociopaths, and I think there is a tendency to trying to explain away the behaviour of an evil woman. Especially if she is with a man who is also evil. IMO Myra Hindley, Rosemary West and Karla Homolka were just as bad as their partners.

It is deeply rooted in us that mothers and women are supposed to be softer, kinder and more lovingly towards children. When they are not, we look for explanations.

Versailles

Posts : 40
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-06-05
Location : Beautiful Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by canada12 on 10.07.14 18:46

The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.

The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

If that's the case, then the judge could very well decide that the book HAS affected the plaintiffs, however it is incumbent upon the plaintiffs to provide proof of the EXTENT to which the book has affected them. IMO if Kate and Gerry have not convinced the judge that they've been affected adversely, she could decide against them; or she could decide that they have been affected, but not to the extent of £1million, and therefore she could award no costs, nominal costs, or greatly reduced costs.

Edited to add: I'm guessing that the judge has the power to establish what costs could be awarded, and that she doesn't have to stick to the named amount in the lawsuit?

canada12

Posts : 1457
Reputation : 187
Join date : 2013-10-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Versailles on 10.07.14 18:51

Will a portuguese court be more in favour of a Portuguese ex police man than two British parents who have caused so much fuss through the years?

I know the official answer will be no, but I still have hope.

Versailles

Posts : 40
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-06-05
Location : Beautiful Norway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by aquila on 10.07.14 18:54

@Versailles wrote:Will a portuguese court be more in favour of a Portuguese ex police man than two British parents who have caused so much fuss through the years?

I know the official answer will be no, but I still have hope.
Nice try with that innocent but loaded question that suggests a Portuguese court is potentially bent and a judge is biased.

Nice try.

aquila

Posts : 7953
Reputation : 1174
Join date : 2011-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Guest on 10.07.14 18:58

Doctors in the UK are not allowed to self-prescribe and, except in emergencies, they do not provide treatment for their relatives, is.

Yes, agree, but nevertheless they do.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum