The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:45

Popcorn wrote:

Surely the only people in any place who can be assumed to be searching for any missing person are the police? Obviously some families and friends will also choose to search, but the vast majority of the general public would not dream of actively searching for a missing stranger. What they may do is call the police if they happen to see a person resembling the missing person. Given the huge number of "identifications" that have filled our newspapers throughout the past seven years, it's clear that G Amaral's book hasn't prevented members of the public from doing that, which is considerably more than the families of most missing people could ever dream of.

Quite, Popcorn. I was about to say that there is an implication in her comments that it is beholden on everybody to be searching for Madeleine everywhere and at all times. I would say in that case that the use of an idealised image of a two year old Madeleine on the cover of her own book was probably more detrimental as that image bears very little to no resemblance to the child being searched for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores on 08.07.14 11:46

I would suspect that Sean has heard playground gossip, so this is probably from other children hearing their parents discuss the case. This could well go back to the time of the Mirror's 3 Arguidos forum, and sites such as this. I think relatively few people will have read the translation of Dr Amaral's book.

Miraflores

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.07.14 11:46

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:The twins are nearly 9 and a half now ChippyM.

thankyou, maths has never been my strong point  smilie

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 08.07.14 11:47

Babalou ‏@B_balou · 22s
Len Port names GA's new lawyer as Dr. Miguel Cruz Rodrigues http://portugalresident.com/mccanns-in-lisbon-for-libel-hearing

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.14 11:48

@Cristobell wrote:
@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Claire25 wrote:Anyone listening to brunt on sky summing up Kate's evidence?  The madeleine Foundation, the FREEZER  dance

Yeah:

"poor Kate"

"Nobody looking for Madeleine"

Forgetting to mention SHE never 'looked' for Madeleine HERSELF!

Forgetting to mention SHE was nicely embedded in Rothley towers, not in PDL, which she had pledged NEVER to leave, without Madeleine, WHEN GA's book was published.
I hope the Judge asked her why she wasn't upset about the book until it had been out for a year and stacked up royalties.

I hope the Judge asked her if Madeleine WAS 'abducted' and what irrefutable PROOF of that, she had!

I'm personally waiting for the Judge to ask GM, "did you drug Madeleine"?

EARPLUGS 'in'!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.07.14 11:51

@ChippyM wrote:
@Woofer wrote:From Martin Brunt just now

The Judge has been questioning Mrs. McCann
Asked her when she first became aware of Mr. Amaral`s book - said she heard it was going to be published then read bits of it on the internet.  Said it was hurtful that they were suffering from the abduction of the daughter then had this insult on top.  Said Sean had asked them if they had hidden Maddie`s body in a freezer and then transported it in their hire car.

Martin Brunt said Mr. Amaral`s lawyer questioned Mrs. McCann and asked her about the support she had received, i.e. money and celebrities etc.

That`s all I can remember.

Really? When was this as he is 7 now. Most adults I know have little interest in this case and none of them are aware of the DNA evidence in the car, the dogs, or the freezer!    .....but maybe one of Seans little friends read a copy of Amarals book and told him?!  I find that hard to believe.
Oh dear, the McCanns are going to need the circa £180,000 per twin they've claimed to send them to a nice boarding school where other people (of a nice class) can take care of them. I know a very nice co-educational one not too far from Leicester, around £30,000 per year.

If Sean could ask his mother about a freezer then he didn't read it on the internet at his age. I doubt very much his friends in school taunted him with it either. I can only think poor little Sean must have overheard conversations in his own household. How could Sean have read anything on the internet? He has doting parents who are so hyper about protecting their surviving children. Has there ever been a front page headline on a UK newspaper that Sean might have read whilst nipping into a paper shop to buy some sweets that said 'Freezer'?

Did Sean read Amaral's book? of course not.

This is surreal.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochosi on 08.07.14 11:52

I'm sure this has been commented on before, but it's a completely ridiculous claim to pursue, in my view. Not wanting to sound callous, but really, would the general public be actively searching for Madeleine all this time, regardless of the book? Would anyone expect them to be?

Are the same amount of people (general public) searching for Madeleine, in countries were the book isn't available, as did so prior to Amaral's book being published? 
How can they prove that to be the case - though KM appears to think they can prove that people in Portugal have been discouraged from searching (just by her saying so)? 
I would be interested in their statistics which show the number of people actively searching for Madeleine, by country, by % of population, by % of readers of Amaral's book, by % readers of case files, by % who have read neither, nor participated in forums such as this (in which category a lot of the commentators on sites like the Daily Mail are likely to fall into, and I very much doubt that even those that are supportive of the McCanns, have been out searching).

On non-active searching - do they really expect the judge to believe that a significant number of people who may have been so convinced by a sighting of a child who looked like Madeleine that they would have reported it, prior to "A Verdade da Mentira", wouldn't do so now? That they would see a child they believed to be Madeleine now - and would not report the sighting?

ETA - just seen am echoing Popcorn and Clay, but yeah, quite.

Ochosi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justformaddie on 08.07.14 11:54

Is GA going to speak?

Justformaddie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.14 11:55

Didn't the McCanns say that the twins were/are NOT 'traumatised at all and are very happy' etc in May 2014?

Said "Sean had asked them if they had hidden Maddie`s body in a freezer and then transported it in their hire car"

I wonder if Sean or Amelie have also asked mummy and daddy if they too were put totally, consciously, in danger of being 'abducted' or 'worse' when they, too, were left alone with Madeleine in their room, in an unlocked apartment, whilst mummy and daddy were at the tapas restaurant, out of sight and earshot.

Love to hear how mummy and daddy have 'explained' THAT to the twins!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED on 08.07.14 11:59

Farcical.

I noted the attempts in the British media to bury news of the trial in Portugal.

AMARAL is going to get shafted Im afraid. Sad

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hicks on 08.07.14 12:00

So frustrating that there will be no mention of how Sean and his siblings were left alone every night, and more importantly, if these two neglectful parents had more thought for their children they wouldn't be there in Portugal now.

Always trying to deflect the blame away.

Good Luck Mr Amaral. Justice is with you.

Hicks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 12:00

@SixMillionQuid wrote:
@ChippyM wrote:
@Woofer wrote:From Martin Brunt just now

The Judge has been questioning Mrs. McCann
Asked her when she first became aware of Mr. Amaral`s book - said she heard it was going to be published then read bits of it on the internet.  Said it was hurtful that they were suffering from the abduction of the daughter then had this insult on top.  Said Sean had asked them if they had hidden Maddie`s body in a freezer and then transported it in their hire car.

Martin Brunt said Mr. Amaral`s lawyer questioned Mrs. McCann and asked her about the support she had received, i.e. money and celebrities etc.

That`s all I can remember.

Really? When was this as he is 7 now. Most adults I know have little interest in this case and none of them are aware of the DNA evidence in the car, the dogs, or the freezer!    .....but maybe one of Seans little friends read a copy of Amarals book and told him?!  I find that hard to believe.
Didn't the twins have access to the hire car too?

I think the twins are 10 now ChippyM.  Martin Brunt said that Mrs. McCann said Sean had heard it somewhere - got the impression it was from school friends.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 12:00

Kay Burley @KayBurley  ·  12m
Kate #McCann tells a court that her young son asked her about allegations by a former Portuguese police chief that she killed her daughter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 12:01

If the worst does come to the worst, is there still an option for a further appeal?

P.S. He never claimed Kate dear that you killed your daughter!

P.P.S. Woofer, the twins were born on 1st February 2005.

Back to top Go down

Post by MRNOODLES on 08.07.14 12:02

candyfloss wrote: Kay Burley @KayBurley    ·  12m  
Kate #McCann tells a court that her young son asked her about allegations by a former Portuguese police chief that she killed her daughter

That's bollox for a kick off. Rocky has always maintained it was an accident.

MRNOODLES

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmack on 08.07.14 12:03

@IKNOWWHATHAPPENED wrote:Farcical.

I noted the attempts in the British media to bury news of the trial in Portugal.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?  Just because the UK press are taking instruction from Clarence Mitchell, it has no bearing on the judge's ruling whatsoever

kevmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.07.14 12:03

Did the twins ever ask mummy and daddy why they were all left alone in an unlocked apartment while mummy and daddy went out?

Did the twins ever ask mummy and daddy would Madeleine still be here if they hadn't gone out?

They're the most likely questions for the twins to ask imo.

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 08.07.14 12:04

If they embarked on this 5 years ago, then the twins would have been 4 and a half years old. I'm not buying it!!!

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sallypelt on 08.07.14 12:05

@MRNOODLES wrote:

That's bollox for a kick off.  Rocky has always maintained it was an accident.

Petronella Lazerelli ‏@PetsyLz · 49s
@CrazyHorser Then @KayBurley is reporting that Kate #mccann has told a deliberate lie to the court. Who you gonna defend now,

I hope she keeps talking.

sallypelt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jozi on 08.07.14 12:05

Surly this is hearsay !!!

jozi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 12:05

No Fate Worse Than De'Ath wrote:If the worst does come to the worst, is there still an option for a further appeal?

P.S. He never claimed Kate dear that you killed your daughter!

P.P.S. Woofer, the twins were born on 1st February 2005.

ok thanks - they`re 9 then.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tiny on 08.07.14 12:06

@MRNOODLES wrote:

That's bollox for a kick off.  Rocky has always maintained it was an accident.

Makes you wonder what shit  kate and Gerry have been filling up the twins mind with.vile,vile couple

tiny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IKNOWWHATHAPPENED on 08.07.14 12:07

@kevmack wrote:
@IKNOWWHATHAPPENED wrote:Farcical.

How do you arrive at that conclusion?  Just because the UK press are taking instruction from Clarence Mitchell, it has no bearing on the judge's ruling whatsoever

The UK press is going after people far higher up the social ladder than Katie and the wee man will ever be. Why are a pair of schemies made good so untouchable ?

If you think the judge in Portugal hasn't been leaned on your kidding yourself.

IKNOWWHATHAPPENED

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 08.07.14 12:07

I dread to think what sort of questions Sean will be asked in the playground after all of this  sad 

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut on 08.07.14 12:07

@Tangled Web wrote:

If they embarked on this 5 years ago, then the twins would have been 4 and a half years old. I'm not buying it!!!

I hope the judge asked Kate when Sean said this. Ridiculous.

TheTruthWillOut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum