The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by missmar1 09.07.14 0:05

maebee wrote:
tasprin wrote:Will 9 year-old Sean be surprised to see his words on the front page of a national newspaper tomorrow?

For all their education, degrees etc, they are as thick as 2 planks. THEY alone are responsible for the headlines in tomorrow's national newspaper. Snr. Amaral had more thought for their 3 children than they had. They look to be on a lonely solo run now. Not even one of the T7 could be with them today. Losers.

Did no family members or close friends turn up to support them in Portugal today ?   

Btw, if I had read it right , I thought it was another odd remark by Gerry when he was asked to compare the anguish of the book and Madeleine's disappearance  - imo, to say he couldn't compare them because they happened at different times is quite astonishing .
missmar1

Activity : 253

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Cristobell 09.07.14 0:06

Woofer wrote:How can any Judge reach a verdict on this libel claim when it`s never been legally settled what happened to Maddie?

Say the McCanns are found to have been lying all along - the Judge is going to look pretty stupid if she`s awarded them £1.2 million without Maddie`s disappearance being solved.
The main thrust of the McCanns' case is that Madeleine is alive and we should all be looking for her.  That sounded OK when they issued Writ 5 years ago, but with no abductor found, no sign of Madeleine and police digging for a body, their case has completely fallen apart.

As you say what happens if the Judge awards them £1m+ and a couple of months down the line they are arrested?  I suppose the same could apply if they lose and the PJ and SY declare them innocent.  What a dilemma.
Cristobell

Activity : 2552

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 09.07.14 0:09

Lance Armstrong was awarded all kinds of money in libel lawsuits... and then it turned out he was using performance enhancing procedures all along.

I think if GA loses (perish the thought) and the McCanns are later found guilty in court, I believe GA would have recourse to sue them to recoup the money he had to pay out to them, along with punitive damages.
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by littlepixie 09.07.14 0:09

One thing I have never forgotten was an 11 year old friend of mine asking me to explain what "multiple injuries" were. Her father had been found dead beside a railway line and she had read the report in the paper which stated the cause of death as multiple injuries. I tried to shield her in my own childish way by saying things like "oh he might have broken his leg and his arm" but she was still devastated.
Children are more astute than we can ever imagine. The McCanns are blind to the fact they are abusing their twins. I hope Social Services step in.
littlepixie
littlepixie

Activity : 1392

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 09.07.14 0:17

I wonder if the McCanns didn't realise that what happened in the courtroom would be reported? Hence Gerry's rather smug brief statement on the steps followed by graciously offering to take questions.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by unchained melody 09.07.14 0:19

Isn't the internet ace? Despite it being vilified in many MSM stories, it just can't be stopped from rolling on
and flattening Establishment BS :-)
unchained melody

Activity : 167

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 09.07.14 0:20

unchained melody wrote:Isn't the internet ace? Despite it being vilified in many MSM stories, it just can't be stopped from rolling on
and flattening Establishment BS :-)
Sure is Unchained Melody :)
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by DurhamGuy1967 09.07.14 0:21

If Madeleine died in 5a and if her parents covered it up under the misconceived view that it was best for their 2 twins. Then surely this is unravelling. It's time to come clean. Money is running out they can't keep fighting these cases, the internet is more and more widespread and rumours and theories all over the place and their children will demand answers for more and more awkward questions.

It's time to come clean for the ones they love and the ones that supported them. It's going to come out and it's best for all if they come clean before they are forced to.
DurhamGuy1967

Activity : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by canada12 09.07.14 0:24

Miraflores wrote:I wonder if the McCanns didn't realise that what happened in the courtroom would be reported? Hence Gerry's rather smug brief statement on the steps followed by graciously offering to take questions.
Well, thanks to some well-placed people inside the courtroom, we know exactly what went on and what was said, and we know that the judge told Gerry to shut up. And whatever reporters are reading this forum will now know that as well, whether they choose to use it in their media outlets or not. Well done, internet (and inside reporters).
canada12

Activity : 1698

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell 09.07.14 0:27

littlepixie wrote:One thing I have never forgotten was an 11 year old friend of mine asking me to explain what "multiple injuries" were. Her father had been found dead beside a railway line and she had read the report in the paper which stated the cause of death as multiple injuries. I tried to shield her  in my own childish way by saying things like "oh he might have broken his leg and his arm" but she was still devastated.
Children are more astute than we can ever imagine. The McCanns are blind to the fact they are abusing their twins. I hope Social Services step in.
I agree.  If these were children in care, or even Wards of Court, all sorts of measures would be taken to ensure they were not included in news stories and their names would be withheld.  In this case it is the parents' duty to protect them, yet they seem to be doing the opposite.  Goncalo Amaral and his (first) lawyer petitioned the Judge to hold the hearing in private to protect the children, the McCanns opposed him. Tomorrow virtually all the tabloids will lead with sensational headlines about Madeleine's disappearance, her parents involvement and now, courtesy of Kate, her son's name and his words - no-one will be able to protect him and his sister from that.
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 09.07.14 0:28

This trial could have been held in camera. I believe the McCanns were given the option and declined (please correct me if this is inaccurate).

So how do the twins expect to have anything resembling a normal life if their parents are constantly courting press exposure? Kate McCann's reference to Sean's question is plastered on the front page of the Daily Mirror.

I have speculated on this point before but I think it is possible in the McCann mindset to send their children to an exclusive boarding school for their secondary education where they will be absorbed by academic excellence and sport. A boarding school where they are educated with children from wealthy backgrounds who herald from all over the world. The McCanns might even justify it as the best option for their children and an option that they've sadly had to take due to the fault of the evil media/Goncalo Amaral/the abductor. The exclusive boarding school would of course take extra special care of the twins with regards to internet access and media. Now that would take quite a bit of funding - seven years per child at around £?? per year. That's all possible with a pile of damages awarded to the twins in a libel trial.

Of course, this would also free mummy to do her special thing and fight for all missing children. School holidays would be such a special time with lashings of ginger beer and family holidays. The masters of an exclusive boarding school could keep K&G's children away from media glare and Kate could call them once a week for an update and to express her deep concern.

Just speculation on my part.

ETA: An added bonus to boarding children is it takes care of babysitting issues.

Sir Winston Churchill: “Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Activity : 13351

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 09.07.14 0:32

Miraflores wrote:I wonder if the McCanns didn't realise that what happened in the courtroom would be reported? Hence Gerry's rather smug brief statement on the steps followed by graciously offering to take questions.

Gawd, yeah. The accomplished media inteviewee - Gerry knows how to handle and talk (down) to 'em.

"I'm happy to take some questions." Graciously patronising indeed. He thinks he's got them in them palm of his hand. Then again, he would, wouldn't he? After 6 years of sycophancy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by maebee 09.07.14 0:38

littlepixie wrote:One thing I have never forgotten was an 11 year old friend of mine asking me to explain what "multiple injuries" were. Her father had been found dead beside a railway line and she had read the report in the paper which stated the cause of death as multiple injuries. I tried to shield her  in my own childish way by saying things like "oh he might have broken his leg and his arm" but she was still devastated.

Sorry to hear about this Pixie Sad. Very traumatic.

GM was very quick to point out that the "twins are doing really really well"

http://news.sky.com/story/1296995/mccanns-son-asked-about-madeleine-claims

(@1.07). How can your 9 year old son" be doing really really well" when he asks if his mother hid the body of his missing sister?

If the twins "are doing really really well", how has Amarals' book affected them?

maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by TellTheTruth 09.07.14 0:47

Aquila, hopefully they will get the expensive education where the internet is monitored. Having worked in state schools I can assure you that computers are NOT monitored and all kinds of searches can be done with the teacher in charge of the class having no knowledge, or turning a blind eye.

But ,if Kate feels that Gonclao's book "The Truth Of The Lie" is innacurate in ANY way and that what is reported in the media and on the buses upsets the two children she has left in her care then she can always set the record straight with her version of the thruth.

She could always let the twins read her bewk. 

After all, that is the truth. Isn' t it?
TellTheTruth

Activity : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 09.07.14 0:53

TellTheTruth wrote:Aquila, hopefully they will get the expensive education where the internet is monitored. Having worked in state schools I can assure you that computers are NOT monitored and all kinds of searches can be done with the teacher in charge of the class having no knowledge, or turning a blind eye.

But ,if Kate feels that Gonclao's book "The Truth Of The Lie" is innacurate in ANY way and that what is reported in the media and on the buses upsets the two children she has left in her care then she can always set the record straight with her version of the thruth.

She could always let the twins read her beak. 

I hope they don't read page 129 or read that their mother couldn't bonk their father.

I see boarding school on the cards as a very real option. It worked for Princes William and Harry.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Empty .

Post by maebee 09.07.14 1:13

aquila wrote:
TellTheTruth wrote:Aquila, hopefully they will get the expensive education where the internet is monitored. Having worked in state schools I can assure you that computers are NOT monitored and all kinds of searches can be done with the teacher in charge of the class having no knowledge, or turning a blind eye.

I hope they don't read page 129 or read that their mother couldn't bonk their father.

A mother whose 3 year old daughter is missing wrote a book and spoke about her "abductor" possibly ripping her daughter's "perfect little genitals apart" and then sanctioned a headline in a national newspaper which read "I couldn't make love to G". The woman is mad.
maebee
maebee
Madeleine Foundation

Activity : 682

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 09.07.14 1:19

maebee wrote:

Sorry to hear about this Pixie Sad. Very traumatic.

GM was very quick to point out that the "twins are doing really really well"

http://news.sky.com/story/1296995/mccanns-son-asked-about-madeleine-claims

(@1.07). How can your 9 year old son" be doing really really well" when he asks if his mother hid the body of his missing sister?

If the twins "are doing really really well", how has Amarals' book affected them?

Quite. It seems the McCanns always want to have their cake and eat it, then throw it in the bin, and then order another helping.
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz Eagles 09.07.14 1:29

maebee wrote:
aquila wrote:

A mother whose 3 year old daughter is missing wrote a book and spoke about her "abductor" possibly ripping her daughter's "perfect little genitals apart" and then sanctioned a headline in a national newspaper which read "I couldn't make love to G". The woman is mad.
I bet Kate's bewk isn't left on the coffee table at home.
Liz Eagles
Liz Eagles

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Empty Kate and Gerry in the spotlight...

Post by missbeetle 09.07.14 1:33

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 <a href=LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 1011_zps401294d0"LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 <a href=LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 11090_zpsbe5357b0"

I knew I'd seen Kate in this dress before. Seen here on the left, May 1st BBC interview with Fiona Bruce.

Same lank hair with dark roots showing.

Same heavy contouring with bronzer.

Harsh pencilling of eyebrows.

Frock in mournful colours, Kates' thin arms exposed, whilst Gerry is buttoned up in his suits.

Although I do think hairspray has been used to give his hair fullness in the crown area, in the picture on the right.

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 <a href=LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 1fam10_zps2800b5da"

Kate looks so thin, drawn and tired.

Gerry looks prosperous and pugnacious.
missbeetle
missbeetle

Activity : 1093

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondSurfer 09.07.14 2:00

Kate probably stayed up all night so she would look tired and depressed.It's an old trick.
BlondSurfer

Activity : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 09.07.14 2:12

"At the end of Gerry's time in the hot seat, and in his infinite arrogance, Gerry set about an attempt to discuss his favourite subject the dogs. This part of the proceedings was an absolute wonderment to watch. Gerry claimed that the dogs didn't find any blood, then despite the judge telling him to be quiet he carried on, desperately trying to put across his lie. It was at this point the judge , with a wry smile waved a backhand at Gerry and told him to be quiet, interrupted his every utterance, before asking him if he was a specialist on the dogs, and then reminding Gerry that he wasn't here to state things he was here to answer her questions in her court"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmmmmm

NOT the only McCann to be 'waved' away if i recall:

At the end of Trish Cameron's (Gerry McCann's SISTER) 'evidence'

The Judge – A senhora pode ir à sua vida = The lady may go back to her life

TC says she wishes to say something. She states that Kate studied the PJ files and the process and said it was very different from what is in the book.

SO protests and ID even more.

The Judge overrules saying that it falls to the Court to compare the book and the investigation process and she does not need the intervention of the witness to do so.
---------------------------------------------
Ooopps.

HOW VERY DARE ANYONE TELL ANY MCCANN TO STFU!

DOSEN'T THE JUDGE KNOW 'WHO THEY ARE'?  winkwink  winkwink
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Okeydokey 09.07.14 2:22

BlondSurfer wrote:Kate probably stayed up all night so she would look tired and depressed.It's an old trick.

I think it's time for someone to play that clip from East Midlands BBC TV interview where one moment they are the devastated bereaved parents and the next they are smiling, bright as buttons. :)
Okeydokey

Activity : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 09.07.14 2:29

BlondSurfer wrote:Kate probably stayed up all night so she would look tired and depressed.It's an old trick.

Probably 'wondering' how the twins are coping , possibly all 'alone' in UK.

Possibly not having to be able to arrange childcare, at SUCH short 'notice' of having to return to Portugal.

Still, not to worry, they are 9 years old after all.

That's 4 times as 'old' as when mommy dearest left them all alone, in an unlocked apartment, abroad, to fend off 'nasty man/ woman child abductor' by themselves, whilst she went drinking at the tapas restaurant, out of her sight for an hour and a half!.

Now WHAT could possibly go WRONG by mommy dearest diliberately doing THAT?  thinking
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 09.07.14 4:20

Okeydokey wrote:

I think it's time for someone to play that clip from East Midlands BBC TV  interview where one moment they are the devastated bereaved parents and the next they are smiling, bright as buttons. :)
Link on YT, SVP. TVM.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by NickE 09.07.14 5:08

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 23 Scales_of_Justice_biggerUK Justice Forum [ltr]@Justice_forum[/ltr]  12 tim
McCanns had the opportunity 7 years ago to have Madeleine's disappearance investigated fully but Kate #McCann chose the "no comment" option
NickE
NickE

Activity : 2151

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top