The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Hi,

A very warm welcome to The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™ forum.

Please log in, or register to view all the forums, then settle in and start chatting with us!

Enjoy your day,

Jill Havern
Forum owner

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by Ochosi on 08.07.14 11:16

They are there. KM just finished giving evidence, according to Sky News. Lasted about an hour, she was questioned, claimed distress etc etc exacerbated, mentioned Madeleine Foundation promoting Mr Amaral's theories.. twins asked if KM+GM had hidden Madeleine (I think that's what Martin Brunt just said). 
Mr Amaral's lawyer questioned her, said searches still going on etc, KM maintained the book discouraged people in Portugal especially from searching ...

Ochosi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:18

@Ochosi wrote:KM maintained the book discouraged people in Portugal especially from searching ...

I defy them to find one single such person.

Back to top Go down

Post by carly on 08.07.14 11:19

Good luck Mr Amaral

carly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.14 11:20

@Claire25 wrote:Anyone listening to brunt on sky summing up Kate's evidence?  The madeleine Foundation, the FREEZER  dance

Yeah:

"poor Kate"

"Nobody looking for Madeleine"

Forgetting to mention SHE never 'looked' for Madeleine HERSELF!

Forgetting to mention SHE was nicely embedded in Rothley towers, not in PDL, which she had pledged NEVER to leave, without Madeleine, WHEN GA's book was published.

GA's book must of 'discouraged' and 'stopped' HERSELF and her husband from 'searching' for Madeleine, musn't it?

Because THEY didn't 'search' for Madeleine either!

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangled Web on 08.07.14 11:20

I think it's fantastic that we have this forum (and others) and Facebook groups all seeking justice for Madeleine and some even flying to Portugal to show support for her clapping 

It's good to know that so many of us instinctively want to protect children. If only this could be said for everyone  sad 

Tangled Web

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.07.14 11:21

@aquila wrote:Any McCann friends/family in the court today? or is it just the hired help.
I really want to know that who the guy with them is.  Is he a lawyer, a PR person or a minder?

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cristobell on 08.07.14 11:22

@jeanmonroe wrote:
@Claire25 wrote:Anyone listening to brunt on sky summing up Kate's evidence?  The madeleine Foundation, the FREEZER  dance

Yeah:

"poor Kate"

"Nobody looking for Madeleine"

Forgetting to mention SHE never 'looked' for Madeleine HERSELF!

Forgetting to mention SHE was nicely embedded in Rothley towers, not in PDL, which she had pledged NEVER to leave, without Madeleine, WHEN GA's book was published.
I hope the Judge asked her why she wasn't upset about the book until it had been out for a year and stacked up royalties.

Cristobell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aquila on 08.07.14 11:24

Clay Regazzoni wrote:
@Ochosi wrote:KM maintained the book discouraged people in Portugal especially from searching ...

Yep. Where's the evidence?

aquila

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 08.07.14 11:27

Clay Regazzoni wrote:

It's relative isn't it? To make a claim that persons have been discouraged from searching they have to show the people were searching in the first place. The sightings never stopped when the book was published. The PIs were still on the case - they still received calls from the public. So what is this "stopped searching" they keep talking about? They've never defined it.

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:28

@Trust Your Instincts wrote:Morning all.

Still lurking here .

Im sure this link has been given already but when I read it earlier it was accepting comment. As usual I submitted mine, knowing it wouldnt be accepted, as usual!
Anyway, just checked the story to see if any further update and and now...Sorry we are not accepting comments..

Anyone else think this is strange?

I get a feeling any updates today will be few and far between :-(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2684287/Kate-Gerry-McCann-return-Portugal-deliver-personal-statements-libel-trial-against-former-police-chief.htm

Merged your thread into this one Trust Your Instincts, to keep discussion in once place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Woofer on 08.07.14 11:29

From Martin Brunt just now

The Judge has been questioning Mrs. McCann
Asked her when she first became aware of Mr. Amaral`s book - said she heard it was going to be published then read bits of it on the internet.  Said it was hurtful that they were suffering from the abduction of the daughter then had this insult on top.  Said Sean had asked them if they had hidden Maddie`s body in a freezer and then transported it in their hire car.

Martin Brunt said Mr. Amaral`s lawyer questioned Mrs. McCann and asked her about the support she had received, i.e. money and celebrities etc.

That`s all I can remember.

Woofer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.14 11:30

KM maintained the book discouraged people in Portugal especially from searching ...
--------------------------------------------------

AND discouraged people in Rothley Towers, Leicestershire, especially, AS WELL from 'searching'......surely.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.07.14 11:32

@Cristobell wrote:
@aquila wrote:Any McCann friends/family in the court today? or is it just the hired help.
I really want to know that who the guy with them is.  Is he a lawyer, a PR person or a minder?

He seems to say a few words (not audible), between what Gerry is asked, he looks a bit too old and ahem, 'portly' for a minder so I would go for PR or lawyer. Maybe they don't want to be caught out making idiots of themselves, hence his prescence and Kate not speaking just Gerry.
He also looks a bit like Terry Jones from Monty python which is not at all relevant.  big grin

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:32

Poe wrote:Latest news

This facebook page is giving updates (you don't have to have an account to view it)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=668454176569444&set=gm.655336467895764&type=1

The latest post from 10.48: wrote:Leanne R Baulch Ben Thompson- I'm in court now and Kate is giving evidence

Posted at 11.28 wrote:Leanne R Baulch Kate McCann had said the book has added fuel to the fire in regards to these group, it has caused people to ask them questions in the street and has had an effect on the twins and has made things much more difficult for them. The judge asked when these groups came about and she has said before the book was released. Gerry is giving evidence next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:35

@Ochosi wrote:They are there. KM just finished giving evidence, according to Sky News. Lasted about an hour, she was questioned, claimed distress etc etc exacerbated, mentioned Madeleine Foundation promoting Mr Amaral's theories.. twins asked if KM+GM had hidden Madeleine (I think that's what Martin Brunt just said). 
Mr Amaral's lawyer questioned her, said searches still going on etc, KM maintained the book discouraged people in Portugal especially from searching ...

Surely the only people in any place who can be assumed to be searching for any missing person are the police? Obviously some families and friends will also choose to search, but the vast majority of the general public would not dream of actively searching for a missing stranger. What they may do is call the police if they happen to see a person resembling the missing person. Given the huge number of "identifications" that have filled our newspapers throughout the past seven years, it's clear that G Amaral's book hasn't prevented members of the public from doing that, which is considerably more than the families of most missing people could ever dream of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:36

martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt · 15m

#Madeleine Mrs McCann says Mr Amaral accused them of hiding M's body in a freezer and then transporting it in their hire car.

martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt · 16m

#Madeleine Kate McCann tells Lisbon liable trial ex-cop Goncalo Amaral's book left her feeling defeated.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChippyM on 08.07.14 11:36

@Woofer wrote:From Martin Brunt just now

Asked her when she first became aware of Mr. Amaral`s book - said she heard it was going to be published then read bits of it on the internet.  Said it was hurtful that they were suffering from the abduction of the daughter then had this insult on top.  Said Sean had asked them if they had hidden Maddie`s body in a freezer and then transported it in their hire car.

Martin Brunt said Mr. Amaral`s lawyer questioned Mrs. McCann and asked her about the support she had received, i.e. money and celebrities etc.

Really? When was this as he is 7 now. Most adults I know have little interest in this case and none of them are aware of the DNA evidence in the car, the dogs, or the freezer!    .....but maybe one of Seans little friends read a copy of Amarals book and told him?!  I find that hard to believe.

ChippyM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:37

The twins are nearly 9 and a half now ChippyM.

Back to top Go down

Post by suzyjohnson on 08.07.14 11:39

One thing I think is very relevant, which of course the McCanns do not realise as they seem to believe the world revolves around them, is that Madeleine disappeared seven years ago.

Is it likely that the whole of Portugal would still have Madeleine in their minds, that they would still be searching for her every day? Without the publicity from Amaral's book would they have largely forgotten, not Madeleine's name or photo, but the details of the case, how old she would be now or the timings of events or the descriptions of any suspects?

I think it's possible that Amaral has increased people's awareness of the Madeleine case and in turn has meant that more people, not less, would be searching for her, or at least searching for more evidence about the case, which almost amounts to the same thing in terms of finding Madeleine (and / or finding out what happened to her).

suzyjohnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

It discouraged people from searching...

Post by Letterwriter on 08.07.14 11:39

I do love the way that, in Kate's world, everyone loves them and goes out of their way to help:

- They actively search and search and search
- They put up posters and buy 'find maddie' kits
- They put money in envelopes and send it to "Kate and Gerry"
- Heck, even the thief who stole Gerry's wallet had an attack of conscience and returned it

In Kate's world that is.  In the world I have observed I'm not sure there is such a high level of love - and it's getting lower every day

Letterwriter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:40

candyfloss wrote:martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt     ·   15m    

#Madeleine Mrs McCann says Mr Amaral accused them of hiding M's body in a freezer and then transporting it in their hire car.

martinbrunt @skymartinbrunt     ·   16m    

#Madeleine Kate McCann tells Lisbon liable trial ex-cop Goncalo Amaral's book left her feeling defeated.

Notice Brunt tweets on #Madeleine hashtag NOT #McCann which is used the most..........probably to avoid aggro  big grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe on 08.07.14 11:41

What's she 'wearing'?

Grunge chic?

Zombie charidy?

Downtrodden victim 'look'?

Oh, who gives a flying FC*K!

She 's still a liar, whatever she 'wears', imo.

jeanmonroe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 08.07.14 11:42

@ChippyM wrote:

Really? When was this as he is 7 now. Most adults I know have little interest in this case and none of them are aware of the DNA evidence in the car, the dogs, or the freezer!    .....but maybe one of Seans little friends read a copy of Amarals book and told him?!  I find that hard to believe.

If Sean is being used as evidence, perhaps he should be in court, so that he could explain to everyone who told him these things? Mrs McCann seems to be assuming that somebody shared the contents of Amaral's book with him, but wouldn't he have been far more likely to have overheard reference to any such claims inside his own home? Assuming Mrs McCann's recollections of this conversation with Sean are entirely accurate, obviously.

Back to top Go down

Post by scrants on 08.07.14 11:43

@AndyB wrote:
@scrants wrote:Do we have anyone in court to report proceedings? Anne Guedes?
I was about to ask the same thing then I saw this, although I can't vouch for its authenticity:

Thank you

scrants

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SixMillionQuid on 08.07.14 11:43

@ChippyM wrote:

Didn't the twins have access to the hire car too?

"It is my belief that Scotland Yard was set out on a mission, not one to find out what happened to Madeleine McCann but to rewrite the history of the case in such a way that the majority of the public simply forgets the past." - The Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency

SixMillionQuid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum