The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Regist10
The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann™
Welcome to 'The Complete Mystery of Madeleine McCann' forum 🌹

Please log in, or register to view all the forums as some of them are 'members only', then settle in and help us get to the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Beth McCann.

When you register please do NOT use your email address for a username because everyone will be able to see it!

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Mm11

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Regist10

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by petunia 08.07.14 18:50

Kate, 46, who was a doctor before her daughter's death, says what Mr Amaral has written could be "very, very damaging to a child  

this is from the Dailystar today.
petunia

Activity : 607

Back to top Go down

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Empty Re: LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS

Post by ultimaThule 08.07.14 18:51

jeanmonroe wrote:As there are no more Court 'sessions' until September, does that mean we won't be getting any more 'exclusiff' pics of the elite Maddie Cops, 'searching vigorously/ questioning innocent 'suspects'' around PDL?

"there goes the freebie hols, boss"

As the elite Maddie Cops ONLY become 'active' in Portugal days BEFORE there is a scheduled court 'appearance' by their 'clients' what will they do NOW before September's 'return' (of the magnificent 38)?

"Let's play Pin the Tail on the next suspect, Guv"

I for one fully expect Op Grange personnel to be back in PDL in the very near future, jean, and I'm hopeful that the investigation will be concluded, or be very close to conclusion, by September.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Activity : 3376

Back to top Go down

Post by Iamtheseeker 08.07.14 18:51

Not "damaging" to the "fund" ? big grin
Iamtheseeker

Activity : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 08.07.14 18:52

ultimaThule wrote:
candyfloss wrote:
sallypelt wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsCZ42QCUAAbezT.jpg

Dr Amaral, leaving court, earlier today.

Babalou ‏@B_balou  · 12 mins  
Seen plenty pics of #McCann, not many of GA, so here are some stills via RTP of him exiting court & giving thumbs-up

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 BsCZ42QCUAAbezT

Unlike certain others, it can't be said of Dr Amaral that he doesn't know how to conduct himself with dignity outside of a court and I eagerly await the transcript of today's proceedings to see how much dignity the McCanns displayed while they were inside a courtroom.

Eta that's Dr Amaral's new lawyer in the background?  And he doesn't have a phone?  My disappointment knows no bounds   big grin
Yeah. If he'd left the court with his cell to his ear and been photographed doing so it would have been classic!

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 08.07.14 18:52

petunia wrote:before her daughter's death

wft

Petunia - wow!

just looked  and here it is bold as anything
Kate, 46, who was a doctor before her daughter's death, says what Mr Amaral has written could be "very, very damaging to a child".

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/387879/Kate-McCann-My-son-asked-me-about-claims-that-I-hid-Maddie
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.07.14 18:56

petunia wrote:Kate, 46, who was a doctor before her daughter's death, says what Mr Amaral has written could be "very, very damaging to a child  

what A 'dcctor before her daughter's death, petunia?

Eta do you have a link?
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie 08.07.14 18:59

I hope the judge when considering KM's victim statement is aware and bears in mind that the McCann pair lied under oath at the Leveson inquiry - what arguido means - so whatever KM said in her statement should be taken with a copious amount of salt.
Ollie

Activity : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by Miraflores 08.07.14 19:01

Plus some helpful extracts in the Daily Star as to what Amaral is supposed to have said and done. 

None of this would have been said a year ago, when abduction was the only story, and we all went out drinking and leaving our small children unattended because it was like dining in your back garden.
Miraflores
Miraflores

Activity : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by Praiaaa 08.07.14 19:01

ultimaThule wrote:
petunia wrote:Kate, 46, who was a doctor before her daughter's death, says what Mr Amaral has written could be "very, very damaging to a child  

what A 'dcctor before her daughter's death, petunia?

Eta do you have a link?

Link
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/387879/Kate-McCann-My-son-asked-me-about-claims-that-I-hid-Maddie

Look quickly before they edit it out!
Praiaaa

Activity : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by margaret 08.07.14 19:05

Tony Bennett wrote:
She said her son had heard abut the contents of the book on a radio news bulletin as he travelled on his school bus.

Thinking logically about this, how long do they travel on this bus? He would have been in school by 9am so it had to be 8.30am, so how far away is his school?

On those oh, so quiet school buses!
margaret
margaret

Activity : 597

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffin 08.07.14 19:08

Iamtheseeker wrote:Surely they can start doing what they are very good at , stopping motorists  big grin
...and blaming foxes and badgers for burglaries etc.
Brian Griffin
Brian Griffin

Activity : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 08.07.14 19:17

PeterMac wrote:Sky news an hour or so ago.
Bruntie doing all the stuff from Lisbon.

Then healdlines, read by Kay B
!st headline - probably war or something
Second healine - Kuma case, where the mother is acused of killing . . .  and then cried abduction . .

Cut back to Kay B, who despite her professionalism was looking absolutely stunned at what she had been required to read out.

I bet they will change the order of things by the next time.

Interestingly the BBC app on iPad and iPhone have a similar juxtaposition of stories....  I think they KNOW....!    big grin 

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Bbcnew10
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 19:19

Ollie wrote:I hope the judge when considering KM's victim statement is aware and bears in mind that the McCann pair lied under oath at the Leveson inquiry - what arguido means - so whatever KM said in her statement should be taken with a copious amount of salt.  

What she said about Sean asking her this and that, and what he is supposed to have 'heard' on the school bus is, i'm afraid, already filed in the box, marked HEARSAY!

A bit like:

ID – Do you have something more to say about the effect of the book and the documentary?
TC speaks of the internet, the fact that the files are public and very easy to access even by children.  
ID – What relationship do you have with the children (the twins)?
TC says they get along very well with them, they have a very close relationship.  
ID – When did the twins go to school for the first time?
TC – It was in August when they were 5 years old.  
ID – Do they read and write easily?
TC answers "yes".  
ID – Do they know of the book and its conclusions?
TC: SAYS THAT SOME PUPILS MENTIONED IT AT SCHOOL. Last week Amelie told that somebody had spoken about it at school.  -----------------------------------------------> 'HEARSAY'
ID – HAVE YOU HEARD HER SAY THIS?
TC says "NO".
ID – What about Sean?
TC says she doesn’t know.  
ID – What did Amelie say?
TC – People were speaking about her.  
ID – Was she more specific?
TC – No, and Kate tried to minimize this. She says that in the past Sean asked his father, "Are you famous?", because a friend told him he had seen his father on TV. Gerry said he wasn't famous, that all this was because of Madeleine.  
ID – Do the children have access to the internet at school?
TC says "yes", but she thinks it is monitored and controlled.  
------------------------------------------------------

Well, TC being 'truthful' there,

ID – Do the children have access to the internet at school?
TC says "yes", but she thinks it is monitored and controlled.

INTERNET, CONTROLLED AND MONITORED!

I BET IT IS!

NO 'surprise' there!  winkwink  winkwink
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by worriedmum 08.07.14 19:28

suzyjohnson wrote:
canada12 wrote:I don't actually think the fact (if it is a fact) that Sean mentioned something from GA's book to his mother counts as extreme distress, disharmony or whatever else the McCanns are suing for. If Sean had then gone on to have serious emotional issues, or had failing grades in school, or something like that, then perhaps Kate might have a slim case in suggesting GA's book has led to problems for her kids. As it stands, I do believe if she's going to make statements about her children, she'd really need to back those up by allowing the kids to testify about their emotional states. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and very weak hearsay (IMO). So really it can only be about Kate and Gerry's emotional states as a result of GA's book, and so far I haven't read or seen anything that convinces me they're suffering. I'm hoping the judge is perceptive enough to come to the same conclusion.

In any case Sean's question seems to have been resolved by his mother's answer that Amaral has said a lot of  silly things. From that response it doesn't sound as though Sean was traumatised does it?
Great point,suzyjohnson!

Maybe he 'moved on'..

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFYE3qaO81xzdBi6SYIs_rhAkjvIfyIPzOqHgUSx6aFfdvJzFr
worriedmum
worriedmum

Activity : 2819

Back to top Go down

Post by plebgate 08.07.14 19:31

Miraflores wrote: From the BBC report:

'Mrs McCann said she was aware the couple did not have a high level of support in the country, telling the court she found that "distressing and upsetting because we need the Portuguese people to help us to find Madeleine".'

You trash the reputation of the people trying to find out what happened to your daughter, 'tweedeldum, tweedledee', f***ing t***ers, admit to not searching yourself at the time leaving it to others to take time off work to do so, but then four years later write a book saying how you 'resumed' your search and no one else was searching, you make apartment 5A unsaleable and you do your best to destroy the tourist industry of the town. Then you wonder why you don't have support. Which planet do you live on?

By contrast think of Ben Needham's mother frequently going out to Greece to try to find out what happened to Ben, or Keith Bennett's mother repeatedly going to Saddleworth Moor to try to locate her son's body.
If they need the Portugese people to help find Madeleine then why wasn't the Crimewatch Prog. shown there?
plebgate

Activity : 8938

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanmonroe 08.07.14 19:40

plebgate wrote:
Miraflores wrote: From the BBC report:

'Mrs McCann said she was aware the couple did not have a high level of support in the country, telling the court she found that "distressing and upsetting because we need the Portuguese people to help us to find Madeleine".'

You trash the reputation of the people trying to find out what happened to your daughter, 'tweedeldum, tweedledee', f***ing t***ers, admit to not searching yourself at the time leaving it to others to take time off work to do so, but then four years later write a book saying how you 'resumed' your search and no one else was searching, you make apartment 5A unsaleable and you do your best to destroy the tourist industry of the town. Then you wonder why you don't have support. Which planet do you live on?

By contrast think of Ben Needham's mother frequently going out to Greece to try to find out what happened to Ben, or Keith Bennett's mother repeatedly going to Saddleworth Moor to try to locate her son's body.
If they need the Portugese people to help find Madeleine then why wasn't the Crimewatch Prog. shown there?

Because it's all BS?
jeanmonroe

Activity : 7756

Back to top Go down

Post by Bishop Brennan 08.07.14 19:40

joel27 wrote:
sallypelt wrote:David Wuffler ‏@Heavy_Dave  · 1m  
In Lisbon, Gerry #mccann answers a question that hadn't been asked : "I just want to say that the dog did not smell blood."

Why is the first thought, what brought out the need to raise it, is there something new that suggests or adds to the previous findings.

Edit Why just mention blood ?

Reminds me of a famous scene from the League of Gentlemen.  In the "Local Shop for Local People" the clearly-guilty Tubbs and Edward are being asked questions about a missing hiker.  Tubbs' line just as the policeman leaves (at 1:40 in the clip) is a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtpgz4L5d8

big grin
Bishop Brennan
Bishop Brennan

Activity : 920

Back to top Go down

Post by tigger 08.07.14 19:47

worriedmum wrote:
suzyjohnson wrote:
canada12 wrote:I don't actually think the fact (if it is a fact) that Sean mentioned something from GA's book to his mother counts as extreme distress, disharmony or whatever else the McCanns are suing for. If Sean had then gone on to have serious emotional issues, or had failing grades in school, or something like that, then perhaps Kate might have a slim case in suggesting GA's book has led to problems for her kids. As it stands, I do believe if she's going to make statements about her children, she'd really need to back those up by allowing the kids to testify about their emotional states. Otherwise it's just hearsay, and very weak hearsay (IMO). So really it can only be about Kate and Gerry's emotional states as a result of GA's book, and so far I haven't read or seen anything that convinces me they're suffering. I'm hoping the judge is perceptive enough to come to the same conclusion.

In any case Sean's question seems to have been resolved by his mother's answer that Amaral has said a lot of  silly things. From that response it doesn't sound as though Sean was traumatised does it?
Great point,suzyjohnson!

Maybe he 'moved on'..

LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFYE3qaO81xzdBi6SYIs_rhAkjvIfyIPzOqHgUSx6aFfdvJzFr

But surely the press and news have been so full of SY looking for Maddie with the help of digging equipment that it can no longer be firmly established from which source  either of the two minor claimants are deriving their distress.
It's been all over the news for several months, none ofit attributable to Dr. Amaral.

Activity : 8532

http://fytton.blogspot.nl/

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty Heck 08.07.14 19:53

candyfloss wrote:LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 OBLAeB93_normal Kay Burley @KayBurley    ·  5m  
Kate #McCann: Tells the portuguese libel case son Sean heard about Amaral's allegations on the radio while travelling on the school bus
Catching up and still miles behind so this may have been already discussed (in which case apologies) but why would SMcC be travelling on "the" school bus?  Don't they live in a village?  Was it not publicised years back that M and subsequently the twins were going to a village school?  Would find it surprising if this is true, especially that October last there was a UK radio news broadcast which (openly) stated the Snr Amaral had claimed K had killed M and hidden her in a freezer, particularly as Snr A has not stated that K did that.  If a story needs to be told, under oath in open court it should contain an element of credibility, otherwise it merely insults the intelligence.
Monty Heck

Activity : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthWillOut 08.07.14 20:03

Monty Heck wrote:
candyfloss wrote:LAST DAY OF LIBEL TRIAL 8th July 2014 DISCUSSION AND NEWS  - Page 17 OBLAeB93_normal Kay Burley @KayBurley    ·  5m  
Kate #McCann: Tells the portuguese libel case son Sean heard about Amaral's allegations on the radio while travelling on the school bus
Catching up and still miles behind so this may have been already discussed (in which case apologies) but why would SMcC be travelling on "the" school bus?  Don't they live in a village?  Was it not publicised years back that M and subsequently the twins were going to a village school?  Would find it surprising if this is true, especially that October last there was a UK radio news broadcast which (openly) stated the Snr Amaral had claimed K had killed M and hidden her in a freezer, particularly as Snr A has not stated that K did that.  If a story needs to be told, under oath in open court it should contain an element of credibility, otherwise it merely insults the intelligence.

I'm assuming that as Madeleine was due to start going to Bishop Ellis primary school in September 2007 then the twins now go there. Thurmaston is about 5 miles from Rothley hence the school bus.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Activity : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.07.14 20:06

Just a reminder that those who feel outraged by the McCanns' suit against Dr Amaral can show their support for him here: http://pjga.blogspot.com/
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonl 08.07.14 20:08

Where was Amelie when Sean was on the bus? Did she hear this too?

The twins are just 9 years old, their sister was allegedly kidnapped, their mother is at home.  Is Kate really going to risk letting her 9 year olds travel to school alone when she could just as easily take them herself.

It was only a few months ago that she said that, for the very first time, she went into a garage and left them in the car whilst she paid for her petrol.  Yet they travel to school alone?
sharonl
sharonl
Forum Owner

Activity : 11173

http://www.cold2012.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08.07.14 20:10

Liars are always found out in the end.

It is so much easier to remember the truth than a lie. They have proven this time and time again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmNotMerylStreep 08.07.14 20:16

sharonl wrote:Where was Amelie when Sean was on the bus? Did she hear this too?

The twins are just 9 years old, their sister was allegedly kidnapped, their mother is at home.  Is Kate really going to risk letting her 9 year olds travel to school alone when she could just as easily take them herself.

It was only a few months ago that she said that, for the very first time, she went into a garage and left them in the car whilst she paid for her petrol.  Yet they travel to school alone?

I saw a picture on the internet, possibly last year, of Kate walking the kids to the bus stop so maybe the kids get on the bus and it goes straight to school?
IAmNotMerylStreep
IAmNotMerylStreep

Activity : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by ultimaThule 08.07.14 20:21

Monty Heck wrote:

It would seem that the McCanns have eschewed the village CofE primary school to send the twins to the nearest RC equivalent 5 miles away, Monty Heck which, as it appears that their stay at home mother doesn't drive them to and from school, begs the question of whether the school provides a bus for its pupils?  

If so, I'm surprised that its drivers are allowed to play/listen to the radio while ferrying groups of children to and from their homes and, if not, I'm surprised that drivers of public buses are allowed to have the radio on while driving and picking up/dropping off passengers.  

As with all of her words, I would like to see KM's latest claim tested in a court of law in time-honoured fashion and hope that the defence will be making the appropriate requests to the judge.
ultimaThule
ultimaThule

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top